Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

2 hours ago, NorLa Horns said:

Bleacher Report on what Fucko left at FSU, LSU in the news for probable NCAA rules violations, with money to a recruits dad. And the usual Lincoln Riley to the Cowboys news. 

Our main regional competition has some big, timely negatives in the news right now. If we cant capitalize on that, then CDC needs to go in and force changes. 

Good news for us is recruiting is so cutthroat in the SEC there's 0% chance that article isn't being routed directly to kids A$M is recruiting.  Any of those kids serious about education or culture will take notice, as will the adults in their lives.

28 minutes ago, Stampeder said:

We need the couple silents to pop... anything imminent?

There's four for 2020 who could drop pretty much at any time over the next two months. No idea about the specific timing between the bounds of now until then. 

9 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

This sounds like the posting version of Oscar Giles’s recruiting. Everyone just chill out and have some wings, man. Texas recruits itself. 

Not defending anyone and I am pissed off about Broughton (if we don't get him) and Bijan (if we don't get him), but it is still early as fuck.  Yesterday was so bad I was compelled to go see what the recruiting thread was like in June of last year and it was nothing like this.  Now later in the cycle it was but its June.

8 hours ago, elguapo said:

Gotdam y'all are a bunch of bitches melting down over 9.95 bullshit, what a fucking beating this thread has become to follow. And over what exactly?

Recruiting is a long game. No single recruitment is going to make or break us. Get some fucking perspective.

Fuck you all, good night.

Would you say we have a plethora of pussies, elguapo?

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, UTEX90 said:

Not defending anyone and I am pissed off about Broughton (if we don't get him) and Bijan (if we don't get him), but it is still early as fuck.  Yesterday was so bad I was compelled to go see what the recruiting thread was like in June of last year and it was nothing like this.  Now later in the cycle it was but its June.

Dude, it was a joke. In the esteemed and dare I say majestic words of one of the bards of our time:

imgur

You know, June's recruiting thread last probably wasn't like this because everything didn't go to complete shit in June. It's statistically more difficult to get a recruit to flip than it is to get them to stay committed. And you think there's going to be a world of chance down the line with this staff of proven non-closers if the main targets commit elsewhere? Well, that's certainly one way to look at things. 

The silver linings for this brutal week are these guys aren't completely locked into the schools they're presumably leaning towards (Ransom and Bijan to tOSU, Broughton to A&M, Washington to OU), and that they're all supposedly set to commit in the next month or so, which gives the staff a long runway to find replacements while continuing to chip away at these guys if they think there's a chance at a flip.

Messing around with the calculator given the negative trends of late (no Bijan, Ransom, Ringo or Washington) and doing some projecting based on those trends.  Worst case scenario looks like a 265-275 overall score and per recruit score in the .9150 range.  That's a borderline top 10 class.

Basically, unless we completely regress on the field this upcoming season we'll almost assuredly finish in the top 10 with this class one way or the other.  

13 hours ago, Fondren & Main said:

I may have referred to a few people here as shitbags, but that pales in comparison to the buttsweating pig fucker known as echeese.  I have a tremendous amount of disdain for that cocksucker.

LMFAO. I’ve never heard someone called a “buttsweating pig fucker”, but I plan to start using that without attribution. Excellent.

Bizarrely, in this use of it, “buttsweating pig fucker” almost seems complimentary of the person referenced. echeese is one of the only posters that I’d fight instantly on confirmation of his handle. I’ve met folks at tailgates and mentioned my handle when they mentioned theirs and everyone is usually fun and conversational. There’s been a time or two where the person straight up turned around and walked off and once when a guy called me a motherfucker and started ranting about what great men Mack Brown and Greg Davis are and how hurtful I am to them. One guy didn’t believe I was who I said I was until later that day when I ran a UH guy over verbally for his nonsense. But never have I had someone physically attack me and I haven’t attempted as much either, but I’ll give echeese credit, he’s the one. Is that BPF still alive and posting somewhere?

13 hours ago, thepop said:

LOL. Take notice of what? This is ridiculous. Back to back top 5 classes and the football team is winning again. I’m sure CDC is on the edge of his seat checking where Kelee Ringo is going. Give me a break. 

Following recruiting is like following your 401k. You should really not even pay attention to it besides adding money to it. Check it like a few times a year, not every single day. The overall obsession over recruiting in this country has gotten out of hand. 90% of Texas fans are chilling after the sugar bowl win and excited for the next season while the rest are melting down in June over teenage kids. 

This is an excellent post and one we’re all ignoring, including thepop. This is the Internet life and hobby we chose. It’s pathetic and addictive, but it’s also quite often highly entertaining. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Stampeder said:

Messing around with the calculator given the negative trends of late (no Bijan, Ransom, Ringo or Washington) and doing some projecting based on those trends.  Worst case scenario looks like a 265-275 overall score and per recruit score in the .9150 range.  That's a borderline top 10 class.

Basically, unless we completely regress on the field this upcoming season we'll almost assuredly finish in the top 10 with this class one way or the other.  

We should never be outside the top 5

5 minutes ago, utfan87 said:

We should never be outside the top 5

Good chance we won't be with the type of season we all hope to see.  Just pointing out even if we don't have that type of season we'll be hard-pressed to finish outside the top 10.

This staff isn't perfect and arguments can be made they aren't maximizing recruiting results, but the reality is we haven't been relevant in a decade.  Our facilities were outdated, mediocre conference, etc., and this staff has still manufactured top 5 classes in successive years.  I suspect this year will be the same or very close to it when it's all said and done.

Edited by Stampeder
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Bizarrely, in this use of it, “buttsweating pig fucker” almost seems complimentary of the person referenced. echeese is one of the only posters that I’d fight instantly on confirmation of his handle. I’ve met folks at tailgates and mentioned my handle when they mentioned theirs and everyone is usually fun and conversational. There’s been a time or two where the person straight up turned around and walked off and once when a guy called me a motherfucker and started ranting about what great men Mack Brown and Greg Davis are and how hurtful I am to them. One guy didn’t believe I was who I said I was until later that day when I ran a UH guy over verbally for his nonsense. But never have I had someone physically attack me and I haven’t attempted as much either, but I’ll give echeese credit, he’s the one. Is that BPF still alive and posting somewhere?

I have had heated exchanges with people on Texas message boards before. But after the 2004 Texas/OU game that mindless motherfucker actually defended Greg Davis' offensive "strategy" suggesting keeping the game low scoring was by design. That is the only time in my enite life I thought if I ever met a poster on a message board in person I would get into a physical altercation. 

6 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

I have had heated exchanges with people on Texas message boards before. But after the 2004 Texas/OU game that mindless motherfucker actually defended Greg Davis' offensive "strategy" suggesting keeping the game low scoring was by design. That is the only time in my enite life I thought if I ever met a poster on a message board in person I would get into a physical altercation. 

I'm sure everyone here will be shocked to learn that I fantasize about beating people from message boards savagely and completely on a somewhat regular basis. Are you meaning to imply this isn't healthy? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I wish I could take credit for BPF, but that one came from my buddy circa 2007 I believe.  He had a rivals account back in the day and got into it with a poster/mod from the USC site named ‘copacetic’.  He subsequently called him a BPF and was promptly banned.  I’ve never laughed so hard in my life.  

I’ve since added it to my lexicon waiting for the right time to use it.  Echeese seemed appropriate.  I’m pretty sure I’d get into it with him as well if I ever met the guy.  He’s a complete doofus.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, thepop said:

LOL. Take notice of what? This is ridiculous. Back to back top 5 classes and the football team is winning again. I’m sure CDC is on the edge of his seat checking where Kelee Ringo is going. Give me a break. 

Following recruiting is like following your 401k. You should really not even pay attention to it besides adding money to it. Check it like a few times a year, not every single day. The overall obsession over recruiting in this country has gotten out of hand. 90% of Texas fans are chilling after the sugar bowl win and excited for the next season while the rest are melting down in June over teenage kids. 

So true. I only started following the recruiting thing (on a regular basis) on this thread this year. In the past only got news from my son and a friend and thought "ok, cool". Now when I read this shit, some days my old heart starts to constrict. Other days I feel like all things are roses and unicorns. Started to suggest CDC should get involved. What the fuck was I even thinking. Screw me. UT will be ok.

Season can't get here soon enough.

Ou sux!

Fuck aggy!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, texifornia said:

The image of CDC leaning into his monitor to check Kelee Ringo's latest retweets might be my favorite bit of the past couple days, so your part in that has been valuable.

Wait til I tell you hear about the source CDC has tapped into at Ringo's high school. The kid keeps CDC posted on what color t-shirts, caps and shoes Ringo wears each day.

1 hour ago, Newy25 said:

That game was the worst.  My brother and I sat in the OU section (there were only like four orange shirts in that section) in the Texas endzone.  I remember talking about getting rid of Mack and getting Spurrier, I was drunk and pissed.  For the first time in like 2 and a half decades we didn’t score any points.  That game pissed me off more than any game to that point.  I even sat through the entire 66-3 debacle against UCLA in Austin.  

1 hour ago, Newy25 said:

I’d beat the fucker’s ass, too. Where do I take a number?

My issues revolved around his defense of the buttsweating pig, Mad Dog.

Edited by Chili dog
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, ShowmeyourTDs said:

That game was the worst.  My brother and I sat in the OU section (there were only like four orange shirts in that section) in the Texas endzone.  I remember talking about getting rid of Mack and getting Spurrier, I was drunk and pissed.  For the first time in like 2 and a half decades we didn’t score any points.  That game pissed me off more than any game to that point.  I even sat through the entire 66-3 debacle against UCLA in Austin.   

WSU 2003 was the lowest point for me.  Because I felt we might be on the way to wasting VY and the 2002 class.