Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

3 hours ago, gurt said:

I'm sure you'll really win over the black high school players with tales of slave owners taking Tejas from the mexicans so they could have slaves...

Be sure to tell that to the descendants of Juan Nepomuceno Seguín, José Antonio Navarro, José Francisco Ruiz and Lorenzo de Zavala. Or maybe you've never driven through Seguin, Texas, Navarro Country or Zavala County?

And let's not forget these others of the Texas Revolution…Arocha, Antonio Cruz Arocha, José Maria Arocha, Manuel Arreola, Simón Bárcinas, Andrés Bueno, Manuel Cabrera, Juan M. (First Corporal) Casillas, Gabriel Cormana, Cesario (orderly) Curbier, Antonio Curbier, MatiasDe La Garza, Alejandro Flores, Manuel (First Sergeant) Flores, Nepomuceno Herrera, Pedro Jiménez, José Maria Maldonado, Tomás Mancha, José Maria Menchaca, Antonio (Second Corporal) Navarro, Nepomuceno Peña, Jacinto Ramirez, Eduardo, Alamedo, José Arrocha, José Maria Barbo, Juan José Benavides, Plicido Blair, Samuel Bowie, James Brugmeins, John Bustillos, Clemente Cain, John Cárdenas, Francisco Casillas, John Casillas, Mateo Casillas, Pablo Castinon, Louis Cavazos, Albino Cervantes, Agapito Chacón, Carlos Contes, Ciriaco Cooke, Wm. G. Cronican, Michael Cruz, Antonio Curbelo, Fernando Curbelo, Matias Daily, Michael Dashalier, P. B. De La Garza, José Maria De La Garza, Marcelino De La Garza, Paulino DeLeon, Silvestre Diaz, Domingo Dimmitt, Philip Duval, Andrew Escalera, Manuel Espinosa, Ignacio Flores, Manuel Flores, Manuel María Flores, SalvadorGallardo, Manuel Gaona, Pedro Garcia, Clemente Garcia, Jesús Gaytón, Agapito Gómez, Francisco Gómez, Máximo Hernández, Antonio Hernández, Eduardo Hernández, Gregorio Herrera, Pedro Herrera, T. Jiménez, Juan Laso, Carlos Leal, Manuel Lynch, Jos. P. Malone, Wm. Mansola, Pablo McNelly, P. McNelly, R. D. Menchaca, Antonio Miranda, Francisco Mora, Estéban Nolan, James (husband of a Mexican) Rodriguez, José de Jesús Rodriguez, Justo Ruiz, Antonio Ruiz, Esmerigeldo Salinas, Francisco Salinas, Miguel Salinas, Pablo Seguin, Juan N. Silva, Miguel Tejado, Agapito Valdéz, Francisco Villareal, Steven Zuníga, José.

• Like 4
  • Fuck You 1

4 hours ago, TheFlyingBoat said:

He'll probably be shedding tears after as well 

4 hours ago, Thiefery said:

As we all will after watching a 30 min video of him,from conception, birth, and growing up.

Keep plenty of tissue handy. You'll be wiping ball sweat and dick cheese from your eyes.

Week11-15_preview.thumb.png.d8a7b122671f

The “Why you hate me?” Tour

(5) RB - Zachary Evans - Houston, TX
(5) ATH - Drew Sanders - Allen, TX
(4) RB - EJ Smith - Dallas TX
(4) QB - Malik Hornsby - Missouri, TX
(4) RB - Seth McGowan - Mesquite, TX
(4) ILB - Josh White - Houston, TX
(4) OL - Tykiest Crawford - Carthage, TX
(4) S - Bryson Washington - Houston, TX
(4) DE - Alec Bryant - Pearland, TX

The West Coast Rally
(4) RB - David Moore III - Colorado Springs, CO
(4) DE - Xavier Carlton - Draper, UT
(5) ATH - Darnell Washington - Las Vegas, NV
(4) RB - Daniyell Ngata - Folsom, CA
(4) OLB - Kourt Williams - Bellflower, CA
(4) OLB - Jordan Banks - Harbor City, CA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Fuck You 1

It feels like McClellan is going to reopen his recruitment at some point. Even though I think Bijan is the better player, it would be the get of TH's career thus far to flip a 5* from Aledo to Texas from the land thieves. 
While I would love to have McClellan in burnt orange, I've come to see Aledo like I do Katy..great system where the kids at lower levels learn what they need to become good varsity players at their respective schools. However that doesn't necessarily mean there's something in the water of those two towns that creates great football players...or at least ones that stay that way when removed from the system.

But having said that, McClellan does appear to be a blue chipper, (who might be getting a slight Aledo bump) and if us stealing him means BlowU has to scramble for plan B and flip someone from OSU, Baylor etc..I'm all for it.

Be sure to tell that to the descendants of Juan Nepomuceno Seguín, José Antonio Navarro, José Francisco Ruiz and Lorenzo de Zavala. Or maybe you've never driven through Seguin, Texas, Navarro Country or Zavala County?
And let's not forget these others of the Texas Revolution…Arocha, Antonio Cruz Arocha, José Maria Arocha, Manuel Arreola, Simón Bárcinas, Andrés Bueno, Manuel Cabrera, Juan M. (First Corporal) Casillas, Gabriel Cormana, Cesario (orderly) Curbier, Antonio Curbier, MatiasDe La Garza, Alejandro Flores, Manuel (First Sergeant) Flores, Nepomuceno Herrera, Pedro Jiménez, José Maria Maldonado, Tomás Mancha, José Maria Menchaca, Antonio (Second Corporal) Navarro, Nepomuceno Peña, Jacinto Ramirez, Eduardo, Alamedo, José Arrocha, José Maria Barbo, Juan José Benavides, Plicido Blair, Samuel Bowie, James Brugmeins, John Bustillos, Clemente Cain, John Cárdenas, Francisco Casillas, John Casillas, Mateo Casillas, Pablo Castinon, Louis Cavazos, Albino Cervantes, Agapito Chacón, Carlos Contes, Ciriaco Cooke, Wm. G. Cronican, Michael Cruz, Antonio Curbelo, Fernando Curbelo, Matias Daily, Michael Dashalier, P. B. De La Garza, José Maria De La Garza, Marcelino De La Garza, Paulino DeLeon, Silvestre Diaz, Domingo Dimmitt, Philip Duval, Andrew Escalera, Manuel Espinosa, Ignacio Flores, Manuel Flores, Manuel María Flores, SalvadorGallardo, Manuel Gaona, Pedro Garcia, Clemente Garcia, Jesús Gaytón, Agapito Gómez, Francisco Gómez, Máximo Hernández, Antonio Hernández, Eduardo Hernández, Gregorio Herrera, Pedro Herrera, T. Jiménez, Juan Laso, Carlos Leal, Manuel Lynch, Jos. P. Malone, Wm. Mansola, Pablo McNelly, P. McNelly, R. D. Menchaca, Antonio Miranda, Francisco Mora, Estéban Nolan, James (husband of a Mexican) Rodriguez, José de Jesús Rodriguez, Justo Ruiz, Antonio Ruiz, Esmerigeldo Salinas, Francisco Salinas, Miguel Salinas, Pablo Seguin, Juan N. Silva, Miguel Tejado, Agapito Valdéz, Francisco Villareal, Steven Zuníga, José.

Not sure what that has to do with what I said...
Does the fact that Mexicans joined the Texians somehow change the point that the right to slavery has much to do with Texas independence?
  • Fuck You 7

6 minutes ago, satyanash said:

McClellan also hasn't been run into the ground to the same degree Gray was.

(yet)

2017: So maybe part of the reason Jase has not been run into ground as much as Gray is due to the fact that Jase missed six games in the middle of his sophomore season due to injury....

RuAtt RuYd RuTD Rec RecYd RecTD
2018   269 2073 47 9 107 1
2017   203 1599 28 6 89 1
2016   202 1528 20 - - -
            674 5200 95 15 196 2

41 minutes ago, ABTX said:

The West Coast Rally

Oh you were serious about that? 

Yikes 

48 minutes ago, ABTX said:

The West Coast Rally

Some of these selections are ....wow.

1 hour ago, ABTX said:

The West Coast Rally

giphy.gif

32 minutes ago, gurt said:

Not sure what that has to do with what I said...
Does the fact that Mexicans joined the Texians somehow change the point that the right to slavery has much to do with Texas independence?

You said "…taking Tejas from the mexicans..." which  makes you sound ignorant about our great state's history. Sorry if you hate Texas.

2UGQ.gif

1443151771-statefair.gif

giphy.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=3500683

giphy.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=5336435

giphy.gif

• Like 4

3 hours ago, satyanash said:

McClellan also hasn't been run into the ground to the same degree Gray was.

(yet)

I remember Gerry Hamilton being one of the few "recruiting experts" to hot be as high as everyone else on Gray. He had multiple shoulder surgeries and a number of other injuries while in HS to go along with a ton of carries.

9 hours ago, texifornia said:

If you believe ctj, and I remember him right, his brother was running his recruitment and trying to shield him from all that, but he and George have gone off the reservation. 

By the shores of Gitche Gumee,
By the shining Big-Sea-Water,
Stood the wigwam of Nokomis,
Daughter of the Moon, Nokomis.
Dark behind it rose the forest,
Rose the black and gloomy pine-trees,
Rose the firs with cones upon them;
Bright before it beat the water,
Beat the clear and sunny water,
Beat the shining Big-Sea-Water.
There the wrinkled old Nokomis
Nursed the little Hiawatha,
Rocked him in his linden cradle,
Bedded soft in moss and rushes.
Safely bound with reindeer sinews;
Stilled his fretful wail by saying,
"Hush! the Naked Bear will hear thee!"
Lulled him into slumber, singing,
"Ewa-yea! my little owlet!
Who is this, that lights the wigwam?
With his great eyes lights the wigwam?
Ewa-yea! my little owlet!"

1 hour ago, ABTX said:

Hudson threw with a Nike ball. Which is smaller than the NFL ball thrown at the NFL combine. The velocity would be lower.

Nope.... the velocity measurements were done with Wilson Footballs....  😀

Edited by LTtxfan