Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

27 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Suchomel says the family did the sit down and if a decision hasn't been made already, it'll probably be done by next week. Believes we still trail A&M and tOSU (or at least one of them).

Suchomel still has his Rivals pick for Broughton on Texas.  

Giles tweeted this last night, maybe Broughton?

https://mobile.twitter.com/OscarGiles95/status/1148762198803722240

3 minutes ago, Barry_McCokiner said:

Is he half as phony as the OB fake insiders?

I’m not on OB, but Lotus claims to be a scout and is wrong on virtually every prediction. Right now he’s saying Charlie was set to win 10+ is his fourth year. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Ask and you shall receive.

Holy shit this is delicious. My favorite though is that herman and carrington come up with the target board. Carrington. Never played football carrington. Him and herman. Its so absurd it’s art. 

Carrington might be in the room, but its only to provide character insight, MAYBE. Most of these kids are being target based on talent before we determine their character, id wager.  If its carrington and herman in a vacuum then we’re more fucked than we realize and the last two years were flukes. 

1 minute ago, Newy25 said:

Remember that fake insider Cujo? He was so bad I honestly wonder if he was one of you guys trolling. 

My favorite was the idiot who followed McPhaul front site to site telling everyone how legit McPhaul was

Or the landscape guy who’d paraphrase the humidor or war room 

1 hour ago, satyanash said:

Nahlin on Broughton

spacer.png

I don't know who Brauny is (paper towel guy?), but it sounds like he is some aggy insider. After adjusting for aggy delusion, an aggy insider on the radio saying it's 50/50 is not exactly good news for them. Just sayin'.

1 minute ago, gmr548 said:

I don't know who Brauny is (paper towel guy?), but it sounds like he is some aggy insider. After adjusting for aggy delusion, an aggy insider on the radio saying it's 50/50 is not exactly good news for them. Just sayin'.

Brauny = Ryan Brauninger (TexAgs recruiting reporter) = Fat Hamm

Edited by Machinator

30 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Holy shit this is delicious. My favorite though is that herman and carrington come up with the target board. Carrington. Never played football carrington. Him and herman. Its so absurd it’s art. 

Carrington might be in the room, but its only to provide character insight, MAYBE. Most of these kids are being target based on talent before we determine their character, id wager.  If its carrington and herman in a vacuum then we’re more fucked than we realize and the last two years were flukes. 

Yeah that jumped out to me as dumb AF too.

Suchomel on Vernon Broughton

I was told by nothing has changed from the report given to me while I was in Atlanta, which had Texas behind A&M and Ohio State. If the family changes his mind, crazy things could happen but if what I was told is true (and it comes from an impeccable source) it's not 50/50.

Nahlin on Vernon Broughton

spacer.png

Texas running backs coach Stan Drayton remains in frequent contact with McClellan, and the pitch remains simple — Texas not only wants him, but needs him, and that’s fairly evident in what’s already a shorthanded running back room in Austin.

I read that clip from BON and chortled.  I pictured Drayton with a calendar pop up reminding him to "Text all RB recruits - We want you. We need you.  Love, Stan"

2 minutes ago, jinx said:

Texas running backs coach Stan Drayton remains in frequent contact with McClellan, and the pitch remains simple — Texas not only wants him, but needs him, and that’s fairly evident in what’s already a shorthanded running back room in Austin.

I read that clip from BON and chortled.  I pictured Drayton with a calendar pop up reminding him to "Text all RB recruits - We want you. We need you.  Love, Stan"

giphy.gif

• Like 3

If Ty Jordan does not pan out as RB2, Texas should let the high school season play out and keep an eye on a kid named Montavien Hunt.  He plays in district 9-4A and had 1,514 yards and 20 TD's last year.  He is very fast, but a little undersized at 5"11 185.  Has not been on the camp circuit and was hurt during his team's playoff run last season.  His junior Hudl looks like Derrian Brown 2.0.  His team, Jasper should make a deep run in 4A division II playoffs this season.  

Edited by lemonandaturd