Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

1 hour ago, TheKid said:

I’ll still be lurking even if my account gets banned. So you got offended that I said “faggie” 😂?

This is my favorite post where he declares victory because even if he's banned he'll still be lurking.

Because lurking is winning. How, I'm not sure, but he's still winning. Right now, as he reads this.

This is my favorite post where he declares victory because even if he's banned he'll still be lurking.
Because lurking is winning. How, I'm not sure, but he's still winning. Right now, as he reads this.

If you strike me down I will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine: A lurker.
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, RockwallJim said:

First time poster, long time reader. I'm looking for a forum to get inside - intelligent recruiting updates.  A place friendly enough for me to feel like there are no such things as stupid questions.  Have I found it?

This was actually kinda funny. Errbody got a twitchy neg trigger finger today. 

• Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, Goodman said:

Kimber has CB1 potential and Lindberg would have elevated & reset the floor to our OL room. 

I have a confession to make. I fucking hate the shift to referring to every unit on the team as a “room”. They don’t just sit in a meeting room all day.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Serious question, how much does a top 250ish 4 star safety go for? We know how much Cam Newton or Reggie Bush get, but how much do non 5 star guys get generally? Like could I take my Christmas bonus and buy a 3 star running back? 

No. You could buy a preferred walk on. 

2 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Serious question, how much does a top 250ish 4 star safety go for? We know how much Cam Newton or Reggie Bush get, but how much do non 5 star guys get generally? Like could I take my Christmas bonus and buy a 3 star running back? 

Reggie got a house in LA right? I’d guess you start there for a 5 Star and see where it gets you. 

24 minutes ago, Goodman said:

You have any guesses?

Assuming it's accurate, which it might not be, for 2020 I'd guess Collins or Johnston, for 2021 it could be any of a ton of guys 

Edited by Fud

59 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

I have a confession to make. I fucking hate the shift to referring to every unit on the team as a “room”. They don’t just sit in a meeting room all day.

Describing the players who play a given position or position group as a “unit” seems somewhat at odds with the etymology and traditional use of that word as well. Position groups do not function in isolation and are made up of multiple individuals. Maybe we should start a support group for people who struggle sometimes to adapt to the fluid nature of language.

• Like 2

Eaton has been a silent to aggy for a while. He was posing with all the aggy commits at the most recent camps.  Wouldn’t shock me if he’s making this trip to make this seem like a big aggy win after the recent blows with Broughton and Connor that we threw their way down.  Or maybe he’s sincerely interested.  Also, Alford and him train with the same guy and play for the same 7 on 7 team I believe.  They even tend to take their visits together.  With Alford trending aggy also and him being boys with Eaton, not sure i buy his interest as legitimate.  Just my opinion.

Edited by victory88

1 minute ago, victory88 said:

Eaton has been a silent to aggy for a while. He was posing with all the aggy commits at the most recent camps.  Wouldn’t shock me if he’s making this trip to make this seem like a big aggy win after the recent blows with Broughton and Connor that we threw their way down. 

One of these days, I’d REALLY like to see evidence of a grand recruiting conspiracy like this. I doubt it happens this way though. 

Just now, Istian said:

One of these days, I’d REALLY like to see evidence of a grand recruiting conspiracy like this. I doubt it happens this way though. 

Kary Vincent in 2017.  LSU sent him to visit the same weekend as Chaisson.  He was in his ear the entire time recruiting for LSU during his visit to Texas.

Edited by victory88
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Eaton has been a silent to aggy for a while. He was posing with all the aggy commits at the most recent camps.  Wouldn’t shock me if he’s making this trip to make this seem like a big aggy win after the recent blows with Broughton and Connor that we threw their way down.  Or maybe he’s sincerely interested.  Also, Alford and him train with the same guy and play for the same 7 on 7 team I believe.  They even tend to take their visits together.  With Alford trending aggy also and him being boys with Eaton, not sure i buy his interest as legitimate.  Just my opinion.

None of the 9.95'ers are even talking about the Eaton visit. It's almost like they do not think the interest is genuine. 

5 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Kary Vincent in 2017.  LSU sent him to visit the same weekend as Chaisson.  He was in his ear the entire time recruiting for LSU during his visit to Texas.

Right, I guess I should clarify. My interpretation was that there was an implication it would be orchestrated by aggy to “counter momentum.” I have no doubt that players negative recruit schools on their own. 

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

Gotta be an aggy, since losing to good teams is winning....whoop.

16 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Is this the dude that got hit in the mouth by a player or sent home by the coaching staff...or both?