Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

3 minutes ago, joeycovers said:

D Cobbs hit a player...not sure the player he hit though. 

Pretty sure it was 5 star WR bust Darius White?? Forget his name.  This he transferred to Missouri after and was never heard of.

Edited by victory88

38 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Eaton has been a silent to aggy for a while. He was posing with all the aggy commits at the most recent camps.  Wouldn’t shock me if he’s making this trip to make this seem like a big aggy win after the recent blows with Broughton and Connor that we threw their way down.  Or maybe he’s sincerely interested.  Also, Alford and him train with the same guy and play for the same 7 on 7 team I believe.  They even tend to take their visits together.  With Alford trending aggy also and him being boys with Eaton, not sure i buy his interest as legitimate.  Just my opinion.

You didn't do that right. So here you go:

As you are aware, Josh Eaton has made it to ATX for a visit. Rumor has it he has been an aggy lean for quite some time. Todd Orlando himself told Josh how he fits in perfectly with the Longhorn defensive scheme. I am told that Tom Herman has met with him personally, and that Eaton was blown away. Sources say that Bryan Carrington has rolled out the red carpet, and that Big 12 elite safety Caden Sterns has been in his ear. I am told that Josh can't stop talking about the rich tradition on the 40 acres. 

I'm not saying that we get him, but sources that are close to the Eaton family say that this is far from over. Never count out Herman when it comes to selling the chance to play for the premier Big 12 university. Keep an eye on this one...

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, RockwallJim said:

First time poster, long time reader. I'm looking for a forum to get inside - intelligent recruiting updates.  A place friendly enough for me to feel like there are no such things as stupid questions.  Have I found it?

There are no stupid questions. Just stupid people who ask questions.

Also, clearly a sock.

Mike Roach: Texas standing out at the top for four-star WR Javian Hester

Javian Hester returned to Austin for the Stars at Night camp. The four-star wide receiver from Tulsa (Ok.) Booker T. Washington brought his mother with him for this visit, and he said she was impressed by the visit. “It went good,” he said. “I was glad to get my mom up here, and she really loved it.” Hester’s mother is big on education, and Texas made a big impact on her after pitching the full academic support available to student-athletes. “She loved it, especially the academic part,” Hester said. “She’s really big on that.”

Hester said in the past that Texas is in the lead for him. With another visit behind him, Hester said things haven’t changed. “It’s the same,” he said. “They are still at the top.” Hester has also been hearing from some of the commits in the Texas class. One in particular reached out to him last week. “Vernon (Broughton) just hit me up,” he said. “He’s trying to get me to come.”

Hester’s relationship with Texas wide receivers coach Drew Mehringer is pretty strong. He said they really just talk about life, and he loves Mehringer’s personality. “We didn’t talk about that today,” he said. “We were just catching up on life and all that. We didn’t really talk about football. He’s a really cool guy. He cares about you and all that, and he’s a real funny guy. He’s just really cool to be around.”

Hester is looking to return for a game in the fall. He also wants to make a decision before the middle of the season, and he said it could even come in the next month. “I’m definitely coming back for a game,” Hester said. “I at least want to get done before the middle of the season. It could be summer like in August right before school.” At 6-foot-3.5, 181 pounds, Hester is ranked as the No. 32 wide receiver in the nation and No. 2 overall prospect in Oklahoma, according to 247Sports Composite.

2 hours ago, victory88 said:

Eaton has been a silent to aggy for a while. He was posing with all the aggy commits at the most recent camps.  Wouldn’t shock me if he’s making this trip to make this seem like a big aggy win after the recent blows with Broughton and Connor that we threw their way down.  Or maybe he’s sincerely interested.  Also, Alford and him train with the same guy and play for the same 7 on 7 team I believe.  They even tend to take their visits together.  With Alford trending aggy also and him being boys with Eaton, not sure i buy his interest as legitimate.  Just my opinion.

I thought Eaton was ours if we pushed. We slow played and he looked elsewhere. Alford goes to Bama if they want him. 

21 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Per TFB, Chris Thompson's delay is due to a delay in taping the commitment video. Make of that what you will.

Also, Jerrin Thompson is filming a video and will drop it “as soon as this weekend and no later than next week.”

So CTJ had planned to commit to Texas for a month or two, but just so happened to forget to do the whole commit to Texas video until the day of? Ok. 

Super K was asked if he's still confident in the Chris Thompson decision:

Sticking with Texas

I did dig on the auburn stuff and I know where that’s coming from now but I still believe he ultimately stays in state

Someone pressed him, asking if it was something to worry about:

I mean, if I take what was told to me at face value then perhaps but I feel like I’ve done this long enough to know that you bet heavy on Texas in situations like these and you’re gonna win 9/10 times

Edited by Machinator
  • Like 2

Just now, Machinator said:

Super K was asked if he's still confident in the Chris Thompson decision:

If it helps, I've heard support for "nothing's changed", but that's from someone pretty fucking busy at the moment and probably hasn't checked in since the weekend. 

In short, I don't know what the fuck to think. I do know that I will fucking cackle like the pure asshole I can be when I am at my best if that dude goes to Auburn and Malzahn's crew shits the bed and gets fired, only for Jimbo Fisher to ride into town like MasterBlaster on the back of some gimped-up, masked human cube that was co-opted on the way out of BCS. Thompson and crew didn't find much to like in ol'Bilbo.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

If it helps, I've heard support for "nothing's changed", but that's from someone pretty fucking busy at the moment and probably hasn't checked in since the weekend. 

In short, I don't know what the fuck to think. I do know that I will fucking cackle like the pure asshole I can be when I am at my best if that dude goes to Auburn and Malzahn's crew shits the bed and gets fired, only for Jimbo Fisher to ride into town like MasterBlaster on the back of some gimped-up, masked human cube that was co-opted on the way out of BCS. Thompson and crew didn't find much to like in ol'Bilbo.

Crystal balls are really not worth anything in the grand scheme of things but 9.95ers are like hogs eating slop. Put some juicy recruiting gossip, like a prospect filming a different commitment video than originally intended, in front of them and they will gobble that slop up flipping those crystal balls as quickly as possible all in hopes of winning a couple schrute bucks given to them by their own employer. Even if they don’t know shit, there’s really never a cause for concern with a flip like this until you see a mass exodus of CB picks because the 9.95ers just can’t help themselves. Give me the CTJ intel all day

Edited by RGBIII
  • Like 1

Crystal balls are really not worth anything in the grand scheme of things but 9.95ers are like hogs eating slop. Put some juicy recruiting gossip, like a prospect filming a different commitment video than originally intended, in front of them and they will gobble that slop up flipping those crystal balls as quickly as possible all in hopes of winning a couple schrute bucks given to them by their own employer. Even if they don’t know shit, there’s really never a cause for concern with a flip like this until you see a mass exodus of CB picks because the 9.95ers just can’t help themselves. Give me the CTJ intel all day

This is a beautiful visual. Thank you.

1 minute ago, Machinator said:

Some Colorado writer put in a crystal ball for Bijan to Texas, because why the hell not.

"I'd like that level of money and pussy in my life. I don't know if I want to kill anybody ... What if instead, I just went along with what everyone else is picking with these crystal balls?"