Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

I'm told the visit couldn't be going better. Yes, he is still on campus and might stay through Saturday. But that's still up in the air. He still has no return flight. Ringo has been bonding with the staff and players and catching practice since arriving in Austin. His mom did not make it in due to weather and work schedule. While that's a little disappointing, I know she's high on Texas as well and really likes the program.

jesus ej could fuck up a wet dream.  the best corner prospect in the country, and one of the best overall prospects in the country at any position, who isn't from texas, is choosing to bypass partying with his friends, and spend his entire spring break in austin and basically live/eat/sleep/practice like a rostered player.

maybe i'm new, but i've never heard of anything like this.  at no point in the quote should the word "disappointing" be used.

he's basically family already.  i'm sure his mother (who works for a freaking airline) will eventually make it to austin.

Edited by henrygandorf

7 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

jesus ej could fuck up a wet dream.  the best corner prospect in the country, and one of the best overall prospects in the country at any position, who isn't from texas, is choosing to bypass partying with his friends, and spend his entire spring break in austin and basically live/eat/sleep/practice like a rostered player.

maybe i'm new, but i've never heard of anything like this.  at no point in the quote should the word "disappointing" be used.

he's basically family already.  i'm sure his mother (who works for a freaking airline) will eventually make it to austin.

tenor.gif?itemid=10072463

• Like 2

Can’t ever be too safe. In the multi-million $ business of college sports we wouldn’t want any kids getting a free couch to sleep on or some cafeteria food without making sure everything is kosher. Anyway I’m sure he’s got moms Am-ex card and is living the good life...on her dime of course. 

12 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Happy news: Our women's football clinic appears not to be a national embarrassment 

If you click on the tweet, you can see all of her tweets from the event

I like these rules better

BC and Mama Vaughns make an appearance

Love how we have the Icy Whites in display in the 4th picture here

Edited by TheBryMan81
  • Like 3

At this point I don't know what to think re: the McGlothern situation

E.J. Holland: Four-star DB Dwight McGlothern gushes about Texas visit

Dwight McGlothern has been to Texas twice this offseason. The four-star defensive back was in Austin for junior day and followed that up with a return visit soon after. McGlothern said the second visit really impressed him. “That visit went really good,” McGlothern said. “It was one of the best visits I’ve had this offseason. I enjoyed it the most. I love the coaching staff and the players. It feels at home, especially in Texas. I think I know more people there than anywhere else.”

McGlothern’s second trip to Texas allowed him to bond with head coach Tom Herman. And McGlothern is a full believer in his vision for the program. “Coach Herman is pretty cool,” McGlothern said. “That dude is so swag. He’s a winner. I believe he’s going to get Texas back on the right track. I feel like they are going to have a better record next season. They might be able to beat OU twice this time.”

Along with Texas, McGothern is looking hard at schools like Texas A&M, Alabama and LSU. For now, McGlothern is taking a measured approach to recruiting and will not be using an early official visits. “I’m going to make my official visits during the season,” McGlothern said. “To me, the summer is dead. Nobody is there. I’m going make my decision some time after the season.” McGlothern plans to visit Texas again at some point this offseason. At 6-foot-1, 180 pounds, McGlothern is ranked as the No. 8 cornerback and No. 120 overall prospect in the country, per 247Sports Composite.

10 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Hide contents

Dwight McGlothern has been to Texas twice this offseason. The four-star defensive back was in Austin for junior day and followed that up with a return visit soon after. McGlothern said the second visit really impressed him. “That visit went really good,” McGlothern said. “It was one of the best visits I’ve had this offseason. I enjoyed it the most. I love the coaching staff and the players. It feels at home, especially in Texas. I think I know more people there than anywhere else.”

McGlothern’s second trip to Texas allowed him to bond with head coach Tom Herman. And McGlothern is a full believer in his vision for the program. “Coach Herman is pretty cool,” McGlothern said. “That dude is so swag. He’s a winner. I believe he’s going to get Texas back on the right track. I feel like they are going to have a better record next season. They might be able to beat OU twice this time.”

Along with Texas, McGothern is looking hard at schools like Texas A&M, Alabama and LSU. For now, McGlothern is taking a measured approach to recruiting and will not be using an early official visits. “I’m going to make my official visits during the season,” McGlothern said. “To me, the summer is dead. Nobody is there. I’m going make my decision some time after the season.” McGlothern plans to visit Texas again at some point this offseason. At 6-foot-1, 180 pounds, McGlothern is ranked as the No. 8 cornerback and No. 120 overall prospect in the country, per 247Sports Composite.

Well for starters don't listen to EJ "Texas still has very high interest in Marcel Brooks" Holland

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Reveal hidden contents

The correct thing to think is that EJ is getting played by a kid again. Dude trusts blindly.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, texifornia said:

D1lAYDJWwAEQu2a.jpg

The fact of this poster's existence makes me so happy.

Also big lolz at Foster murdering Fromm getting pride of place.

Every other picture on there is our guys celebrating together or jumping on each other or a still shot post game. Then in the middle there's just BJ lighting up Fromm.

39 minutes ago, texifornia said:

D1lAYDJWwAEQu2a.jpg

The fact of this poster's existence makes me so happy.

Also big lolz at Foster murdering Fromm getting pride of place.

Sam holding up the severed head of Holly Rowe also was a bold statement against the mothership. 

Edited by Gut Wagon
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

Such saw EJ's non update on Kelee Ringo and decided to raise him a paragraph 

Spoiler

Five-star CB Kelee Ringo is still in Austin on an unofficial visit. As of right now, it's still open-ended on when he'll head back home to Scottsdale (he's on spring break). I'm told it's been a very good visit and he may be at practice again on Friday. 

For those who asked, his mother did not come in so he's here by himself. This is his third time in Austin for an unofficial visit and he'll be back for an official visit at some point (and maybe more unofficials). 

Needless to say, Texas is in a great spot with the five-star cornerback. I'll have a full report in the War Room tomorrow night but so far, I'm told things have gone very well on this visit.

45 minutes ago, TheFlyingBoat said:

The correct thing to think is that EJ is getting played by a kid again. Dude trusts blindly.

He’s not getting played, he’s carrying the water for his 3stripe gear hookup. Countless examples every year. He’s only good for engaging aggie crazies.

5 hours ago, Tx_2_Sc85 said:

Excuse my ignorance if this has already been discussed but who is Ringo staying with? Does he have family in the area? With this being an unofficial the University can’t provide him any support such as lodging meals, right? Not trying to stir the pot just kinda curious. 

Probably one of our sororitys.

Just now, Richter said:

Not sure I’ve ever heard of a recruit, much less a 5 star, just hanging out at a school for his whole spring break.  Seems like it might be a good sign...

Degabriel Floyd did the same thing last year if I'm not mistaken.

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Serious question here: how do Aggys survive in a modern work place? 

The aggy network....they only work with other aggies, so everyday life is just like fish camp. It’s just the 2%’ers that can survive in a real work environment around a majority of normal people. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, satyanash said:

According to an IT poster who reads TFB, we no longer have a big lead for Princely Umanmielen. A&M has pulled even.

image.png

Instead of reading it thirdhand, here is what Super K said:

On the Princely Umanmielen front, he recently took a visit to Texas A&M. Going into that visit, I get the sense Texas was his leader.

I think Texas A&M made a big move. TAMU was able to really explain and show Princely exactly how he would be used in their system. Sounds like the visit was good on many fronts, including the connection with coaching staff.

After that visit, I’d say TAMU has pulled even when Texas. I’d say Texas is 1a and 1b.

Other schools to watch are going to be TCU, OU and LSU. Princely is set to visit all three schools later this month. He plans to take some officials this spring/summer and make a decision.

Don’t feel this one will drag out much longer.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Machinator said:

Instead of reading it thirdhand, here is what Super K said:

Hide contents

On the Princely Umanmielen front, he recently took a visit to Texas A&M. Going into that visit, I get the sense Texas was his leader.

I think Texas A&M made a big move. TAMU was able to really explain and show Princely exactly how he would be used in their system. Sounds like the visit was good on many fronts, including the connection with coaching staff.

After that visit, I’d say TAMU has pulled even when Texas. I’d say Texas is 1a and 1b.

Other schools to watch are going to be TCU, OU and LSU. Princely is set to visit all three schools later this month. He plans to take some officials this spring/summer and make a decision.

Don’t feel this one will drag out much longer.

Giles leaving the door open once again. Should already be committed to Texas.