Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

In an attempt to bring this back to recruits, here is Nahlin's projected 2020 haul as of today.

QB: Card, Ja'Quinden
RB: Jase McClellan or Bijan Robinson, Ty Jordan
WR: Quentin Johnston, Mookie or Achane, Conyers
Y: Hullaby
OL: Parr, Garth, Majors, Lindberg, Player not on the radar

DL: Broughton, Princely, Collins
LB: Prince, TBD, TBD
CB: Crawford, Rogers
DB: Thompson Jr., Washington, Ransom

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Machinator said:

In an attempt to bring this back to recruits, here is Nahlin's projected 2020 haul as of today.

That'd be a damn good haul, but a little bit if a letdown missing on all the big time players like Evans, Wilson, Ringo, Flowe, ect. after the season we had.

Definately want Bijan over McClellan.

52 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

No you fucking idiot. You have to think creatively to solve this problem. Like creating an underground network of tier 1 operators funded by Exxon and led by Admiral McRaven who assassinate bagmen (making it look like an accident, obviously) across the country until word gets out in the bagman community that Texas recruits are off limits. Simple minded fools like you just don't understand how to address problems like recruits being paid money. 

I like this idea. What is the downside?

5 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

That'd be a damn good haul, but a little bit if a letdown missing on all the big time players like Evans, Wilson, Ringo, Flowe, ect. after the season we had.

Recruiting 5* OOS players is hard. If I had to pick one, I think we land Johnny "Texas is in his top 5 without visiting" Wilson over Kelee "he spent his whole spring break in Austin!" Ringo, but I don't give us better than a 40% chance for any of those four.

13 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Real skeptical about that RB position guess and the double TBD at LB is annoying, but that would be a tremendous class. 

1 minute ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I’m not even sure how Wilson and Flowe can be considered misses. Every single team in the country besides Clemson this year is gonna bat a low percentage on OOS elite prospects. If you assume we get Bijan, going 1/5 on OOS 5 stars isn’t bad, and there’s still a chance we land 1 of the 4 above. 

• Like 1

Just now, Burt Macklin said:

Real skeptical about that RB position guess and the double TBD at LB is annoying, but that would be a tremendous class. 

I’m not even sure how Wilson and Flowe can be considered misses. Every single team in the country besides Clemson this year is gonna bat a low percentage on OOS elite prospects. If you assume we get Bijan, going 1/5 on OOS 5 stars isn’t bad, and there’s still a chance we land 1 of the 4 above. 

Yeah, that class projection is still elite at every position group with LB still TBD.

We need that DL haul more than anything from that.

2 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Fuck yes. More gibberish like this. I am 100 years old and I think that we need the RIGHT kind of kids from good families who play the game the right way and wear their pants at an appropriate level and why can the rappers use the nword but I can't and the University of TEXAS shouldn't pay kids because have you seen how high our business school is ranked and that is what Herman should be selling because the RIGHT kind of kid cares that our law school is ranked #15 nationally and not about $200,000 in cash which they will just blow on stupid teenager shit anyways because they aren't the RIGHT kind of kid. 

This guy approves!!

Image result for mack brown clapping gif

3 hours ago, Magus Ossis said:

Paying recruits is a crime in Texas. And there’s the federal income tax. I’m not talking about turning people in to the NCAA with an eye to causing sanctions. I’m thinking more along the lines of “friendly communications” here and there to make it more uncomfortable for people to break state and federal law on our turf. An underground response to an underground problem.

That's some real counter-subconscious espionage, right here. This guy approves!

Image result for dennis franchione  A&M thumbs up

Edited by irishtexan

5 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

With the payment of top players at $100k-$200k, like in basketball, you have to wonder where this all ends for Texas. Does the program never reach the top again because of the recruiting disadvantage, or do the remaining holdout Universities like Texas just eventually give up and join Bama, Auburn, LSU, Georgia, etc. It’s making the sport less attractive for me.

We should have "given up" ages ago. As it stands we're just falling further and further behind the Georgias and LSUs of recruiting.

2 hours ago, Machinator said:

Blair Angulo is the most plugged-in $9.95-er when it comes to West Coast recruits. He's had his CB for Bijan squarely on UCLA since March, and until that changes there's not much reason to project him here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, satyanash said:

Blair Angulo is the most plugged-in $9.95-er when it comes to West Coast recruits. He's had his CB for Bijan squarely on UCLA since March, and until that changes there's not much reason to project him here.

OK, two can play at that game.

Blair Angulo has Kelee Ringo forecasted to Texas. Guess that means he's ours, and that Georgia isn't a threat, right?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Machinator said:

OK, two can play at that game.

Blair Angulo has Kelee Ringo forecasted to Texas. Guess that means he's ours, and that Georgia isn't a threat, right?

Well, nothing concrete's actually changed with Ringo yet, has it? OV schedule is still the same, only changes are the weekend visit and the $200k rumour. So sure, for now I don't think we've lost him to UGA just yet.

QB: Card, Ja'Quinden
RB: Jase McClellan or Bijan Robinson, Ty Jordan
WR: Quentin Johnston, Mookie or Achane, Conyers
Y: Hullaby
OL: Parr, Garth, Majors, Lindberg, Player not on the radar
DL: Broughton, Princely, Collins
LB: Prince, TBD, TBD
CB: Crawford, Rogers
DB: Thompson Jr., Washington, Ransom

Would rather see one more DL for 25 total.

1 minute ago, satyanash said:

Well, nothing concrete's actually changed with Ringo yet, has it? OV schedule is still the same, only changes are the weekend visit and the $200k rumour. So sure, for now I don't think we've lost him to UGA just yet.

I don't think Ringo's recruitment is one that will be decided before the fall.

But it's clear that whatever lead we had after his spring break has mostly disappeared.

9 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Theeeeeeeeere’s our Satya. I was worried about you man. I cant remember seeing a completely unnecessary and egregious negative post in awhile. I was concerned that hell might be freezing over.   

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, satyanash said:

yeah but Chip Kelly makes Oscar GIles look like Bryan Carrington

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TBD said:

I don’t care who we land as long as they like to hit people in the mouth.  New contributor so be somewhat gentle

Yeah. I care about a lot more than that. Hager loved to hit people in the mouth but he sucked and couldnt get to anyone. Blake Gideon and Robert Killebrew fucking loved hitting people after the whistle, the pile jumping fucks. Ill take fast and good first. 

15 minutes ago, satyanash said:

hahahahaha writing a guy off because his rumored top school is Chip-coached UCLA is fucking gold. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Theeeeeeeeere’s our Satya. I was worried about you man. I cant remember seeing a completely unnecessary and egregious negative post in awhile. I was concerned that hell might be freezing over.   

Hell will never freeze over so long as Satya is down there furiously rubbing his pussy. The friction will keep hell plenty warm. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

This is a joke, right? 

Let me rephrase. Do you think the ncaa is adopting and utilizing the specific software packages than can track bitcoin, which currently isnt even a slam dunk for law enforcement? Also, the notion that a digital currency that was created to not be tied to governments and is literally defined by the word encryption was created to be matter of public record is fucking absurd. 

BItcoin sales and withdrawals over a certain amount from Coinbase, the most popular exchange, have been subpoenaed by feds in past. So you would be putting yourself at risk for tax evasion.

It’s a distributed ledger dude. Anyone can check it and verify things. There’s a reason people have tried to build truly anonymous coins. The encryption/private keys etc is meant to insure your bitcoin can’t be taken from you.

If you wanna do real anonymous shady business, by far the best medium is cash money, homey. 

Sorry for the thread derail, but the fatkid is right  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I was ready to count ATM out, but then I read that last sentence and it turns out I can't do that

You would be surprised at how your fortunes can change when you hire an OL coach away from Oklahoma State. It worked wonders for us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, GW Hayduke said:

I’m still confused.

Some here seem to think we do have bagmen and others seem to think we don’t.

Being a large academically focused university would seem to support the idea that our bagmen have big bags and are likely smart enough to not get caught. 

You’re confused because posters on a message board don’t all agree on the topic?

Edited by Irieguy

6 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

Along those same lines, Arkansas must be asking WTF is wrong with the Walton heirs.  Guys who own banks with like 4 branch locations in Alabama and Mississippi are power players buying recruits for other SEC schools, meanwhile Arky has one of the richest dynastic families in the world and never won shit.  Cash out some of that stock and pay for a QB, random Walton grandchild that probably lives in Paris or Beverly Hills!

stoerner.jpg?w=648