Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

7 hours ago, KYHorn said:

This reminds me of a story I heard of a school of jellyfish. Despite being in school, and the tireless efforts of their teachers, two of the jellyfish were never able to learn to read. Around the 6th grade, they came to their senses and realized school just wasn't the path for them. They would have to blaze their own trail if they wanted to survive. Luckily, the two were quite gifted musically. They decided to take their song and dance on the road. The two jellyfish became rather famous as they traveled town to town and city to city sharing their musical gifts. You might've heard of them- they called themselves the Co-itinerant Co-illiterate Coelenerates. 

After reading this, i realized one thing. 

I'll never get the time it took to read this back. Ever. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, deech said:

He was so spot on with his game of thrones opinions, let's hope his recruiting hot takes are stronger 

Which one did I miss? Dany taking the city has made her the mad queen? Please. Disagree and the rest were undeniably nailed. 

No one bats 1.000 with recruiting predictions and it’s also thankless shit, which is why for the most part I’ve stopped putting much out there. All I said here was that people are throwing the towel in too early. If that’s an off prediction, call me out when everyone is committed by Memorial Day. Or, you can fuck right off until you actually attempt to bring a coherent pov to the board on your own, boss. 

9 hours ago, Fud said:

Blair Angulo says he's close to putting a CB in for Bijan for Texas, and would put the current percentages thusly: Texas 35%, UCLA 25%, Ohio State 25%, USC/UW/LSU 15%. He plans to OV to USC and UCLA in addition to Texas and Ohio State. LSU and Washington are competing for the final OV, and plans on announcing in September sometime.

The IT guys also say that they're hearing that Texas currently leads. 

This would be a big recruitment to win, as it sets the floor for the position as at least landing one 5*. 

Yeah, his latest on our pay site when asked if we're still leading:

I don't think so. Texas has a lot of the buzz from what I'm hearing.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Let’s do the Texas coaching staff as GOT characters! I’ll go first. Giles is Hodor. 

Also we should name the defense. 

Herman - Bran

Beck - Tyrion (struggles planning offensive attacks)

Orlando - Tormund

Drayton - Jaime (used to be a lot more effective than he is now)

Washington - Arya (an assassin on the recruiting trail

Mehringer - Varys (Master of Whispers)

Naivar - Bronn (doesn’t get much screentime, but shines when he’s on)

Warehime - Hot Pie (he’s a survivor)

Hand - the Hound

Yancy - the Mountain

BC - Jon Snow

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 2

13 minutes ago, Yev Kassem said:

Herman - Bran

Orlando - Tormund

Hand - the Hound

Yancy - the Mountain

BC - Jon Snow

I hope we have reached peak off-season.

24 minutes ago, Yev Kassem said:

Herman - Bran

Orlando - Tormund

Hand - the Hound

Yancy - the Mountain

BC - Jon Snow

I like the effort, but I can't get there. 

1 hour ago, longhornmatt said:

This is awesome.  I did not anticipate you were such a sociopath you could watch Dany intentionally firebomb a million women and children after the city already surrendered to her and think, “So, when is she going to do something bad?  I’m waiting.  Those losers talking about a heel turn were such idiots.”

It also explains how you thought it was laughable anyone would predict “a heel turn” when for two seasons other characters have constantly turned to the camera as she’s burning people alive and questioned aloud, “Are we sure she’s really the right ruler?”, and every media outlet imaginable including Time magazine was speculating about a heel turn at the same time you were mocking it, etc.   It’s not that you were oblivious to all that.  It’s just that you are a soulless monster incapable of recognizing right from wrong.

I've been oblivious to right from wrong since she climbed into the hot tub in Season 1.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Let’s do the Texas coaching staff as GOT characters! I’ll go first. Giles is Hodor. 

Also we should name the defense. 

I’ve seen the first two episodes.  I like the blond chick who gets nailed by Aquaman

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Which one did I miss? Dany taking the city has made her the mad queen? Please. Disagree and the rest were undeniably nailed. 

No one bats 1.000 with recruiting predictions and it’s also thankless shit, which is why for the most part I’ve stopped putting much out there. All I said here was that people are throwing the towel in too early. If that’s an off prediction, call me out when everyone is committed by Memorial Day. Or, you can fuck right off until you actually attempt to bring a coherent pov to the board on your own, boss. 

Jesus man. Mack Brown might even wonder about how thin skinned you are.

You were wrong about something on the internet and got called on it. It’ll be ok. You’ll make it through this.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

This is awesome.  I did not anticipate you were such a sociopath you could watch Dany intentionally firebomb a million women and children after the city already surrendered to her and think, “So, when is she going to do something bad?  I’m waiting.  Those losers talking about a heel turn were such idiots.”

It also explains how you thought it was laughable anyone would predict “a heel turn” when for two seasons other characters have constantly turned to the camera as she’s burning people alive and questioned aloud, “Are we sure she’s really the right ruler?”, and every media outlet imaginable including Time magazine was speculating about a heel turn at the same time you were mocking it, etc.   It’s not that you were oblivious to all that.  It’s just that you are a soulless monster incapable of recognizing right from wrong.

Did you find yourself bawling over the burned and ashen fake people and animals in the fictional series as a means of showing those around you about how in touch you are with your feelings, you woke viewer, you?

Is Harry Truman a heel for dropping the bombs on an unrelenting and fanatical population as a means of saving millions of lives on his side and theirs?

How the fuck were you dipshits expecting her to actually take the throne? Were you surprised when Cersei didn’t just concede, give Missandei back, and quietly leave the city?

I can’t say I enjoyed watching Dany go, you know, full general in a time of war, but I wasn’t surprised and it doesn’t make her evil. Now, y’all can bawl all over it because you dress up like her or named your kid after her and now she’s a big meanie, but that doesn’t mean she’s a heel. If she burns her leadership to the ground in the final episode, fine, I’ll allow that she went overboard. 

I’m not a sociopath. I just understand the history of war and that I’m actually watching fictional shit. It seems more serious for you, and you do you, matty. 

• Fuck You 2

2 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

Jesus man. Mack Brown might even wonder about how thin skinned you are.

You were wrong about something on the internet and got called on it. It’ll be ok. You’ll make it through this.

I’m wrong plenty. This is known. I just disagree that I was wrong in this case. It’s also gravy that it irritates longhornmatt, who’s been an unrelenting whiner for as long as I known him on the boards. 

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I’m wrong plenty. This is known. I just disagree that I was wrong in this case. It’s also gravy that it irritates longhornmatt, who’s been an unrelenting whiner for as long as I known him on the boards. 

Damn right you are. Imbecile. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheFlyingBoat said:

The key difference between Truman and Dany is that Truman nuked a target and humans suffered as collateral damage in the furtherance of a war effort. You can argue in the larger scheme of things it was unnecessary, immoral, excessive, etc., but you can't deny that it was against an enemy that had a military that showed no intention publicly of surrendering. Here it was undeniably unnecessary, immoral, excessive, and most important, against an almost entirely civilian population and that all non-civilians had surrendered. If she had  flown straight to the Cersei's tower burned the tower to the ground and called it a day your tirade would have made sense. However, that isn't what happened. The story that did unfold leaves your tirade as one of the most stupid takes on Game of Thrones I've seen and that's impressive because shit takes on Game of Thrones aren't even a dime a dozen, there are too many to count, but yours is up there with worst of them.

Uh, no. Not even close. The key difference between Truman and Dany is one was a real person and one was on a fictional TV show. 

But we can all agree that EJ is Samwell Tarly. 

Edited by Newy25

5 hours ago, TheFlyingBoat said:

The key difference between Truman and Dany is that Truman nuked a target and humans suffered as collateral damage in the furtherance of a war effort. You can argue in the larger scheme of things it was unnecessary, immoral, excessive, etc., but you can't deny that it was against an enemy that had a military that showed no intention publicly of surrendering. Here it was undeniably unnecessary, immoral, excessive, and most important, against an almost entirely civilian population and that all non-civilians had surrendered. If she had  flown straight to the Cersei's tower burned the tower to the ground and called it a day your tirade would have made sense. However, that isn't what happened. The story that did unfold leaves your tirade as one of the most stupid takes on Game of Thrones I've seen and that's impressive because shit takes on Game of Thrones aren't even a dime a dozen, there are too many to count, but yours is up there with worst of them.

Well, I’m glad to have impressed you. I can say that the level of dorkery you boobs take the GoT stuff to isn’t really impressive, just mostly sad and embarrassing. I gave you the real world parallel the writers supposedly used for what they did with the fiction and you turned around with nuance in order to attempt to fundamentally differentiate and then also interpret a fictional character’s unstated feelings and thoughts as your reason for having conviction. That’s LARP/cosplay/comic-con stuff there.

This thread is supposed to be about interpreting the thoughts, emotions and intentions of non-adult males, so it is time for the non-recruiting nerds to go fuck off. 

19 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Well, I’m glad to have impressed you. I can say that the level of dorkery you boobs take the GoT stuff to isn’t really impressive, just mostly sad and embarrassing. I gave you the real world parallel the writers supposedly used for what they did with the fiction and you turned around with nuance in order to attempt to fundamentally differentiate and then also interpret a fictional character’s unstated feelings and thoughts as your reason for having conviction. That’s LARP/cosplay/comic-con stuff there.

This thread is supposed to be about interpreting the thoughts, emotions and intentions of non-adult males, so it is time for the non-recruiting nerds to go fuck off. 

Hypothetically, man-boy love cosplay would be on topic though, right?

51 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

1 hour ago, rvm96 said:

I'm flattered, really. I'd like to point out, though, that I don't have the first clue who any of the GoT characters are, because the very concept of the show bores me to tears, and the fact that the author's collection is at Texas A&M should tell you just how little intellectual meat there is on that particular bone. So, I am only partially ironically in agreement with CTJ on this one.

I'd just like to point out, by the way, that this page is not a total loss. Any page with Christy Mack's ass on it is a good page.

Edited by Walden Ponderer
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I'm flattered, really. I'd like to point out, though, that I don't have the first clue who any of the GoT characters are, because the very concept of the show bores me to tears, and the fact that the author's collection is at Texas A&M should tell you just how little intellectual meat there is on that particular bone. So, I am only partially ironically in agreement with CTJ on this one.

I'd just like to point out, by the way, that this page is not a total loss. Any page with Christy Mack's ass on it is a good page.

I went to grab the link and clicked on the wrong thread to quote the most recent post.