Reese Bennett

44 minutes ago, texifornia said:

.........this is where you tell us what it is

Spoiler

With track season over, speedy ATH Devon Achane has several visits in mind

Sam Spiegelman • Rivals.com

Track season has kept 

recruitment in a standstill.

The electric athlete who plays in the backfield and at receiver for Fort Bend Marshall (Texas) has collected double-digit offers in a short span of time but has yet to make a single visit in recent months. Instead, Achane helped his high school team capture its fourth state title in five years and he took home the hardware after clocking a 20.45-second time in the 200-meter dash.

As offers piled up, Achane shared his thoughts on new offers, top teams and potential visits with Rivals.

IN HIS OWN WORDS

"I'm in contact with these coaches daily, so after track season I just want to see these campuses, see the people. It's been great, but after track season I just want to be there. The visits are gonna be very important because where you visit will tell you a lot about the school and what you're getting yourself into."

"I grew up a fan of Texas, so it (the offer) was exciting. They told me that they liked my film and what I could do to help their organization. You know, I'm really fast, so I can help out on the field. I could be a great kick returner, punt returner, slot receiver for them. They had come up here (to see me), but they've been texting me now for a while."

"Alabama tells me I'm a great kid and they wanted me to focus on track. They wanted me to stay focused and break records. I'm definitely visiting Alabama. Me and Coach (Karl) Scott are really close. We text every day and it's right when I wake up. 'How are you? How's your day? Happy Easter' -- things like that."

"Florida State came by practice to see me. I talk with Coach (Kendal) Brilesevery day. We talk and I recently talked with all the coaches about taking a visit up there."

"North Carolina wants me to come up there. You know, (teammate) Malik (Hornsby) will be up there and he was telling me that it was good. I just talked to him and I want to see what Malik was talking about and go up there."

"Coach (John) Wozniak from Oklahoma State is a very good coach. He texts me and we talk. We literally talked every day and yesterday he was talking to me about coming up there."

"Coach Mac (Greg McMahon) from LSU came out to watch me practice. They watched me work, and after, we had a conversation. We have a great relationship and it's been like that ever since football. We've been talking and keeping in contact."

"You know, Georgia hits me up and they've been talking about me coming up for a visit. They told me to focus on track and breaking records, but both the running backs coach (Dell McGee) and receivers coach (Cortez Hankton)came by to see me. I've been getting to know both of them and they're working to get me to campus. I'm eager."

"Coach (Curtis) Luper (from TCU) was up here to watch me practice. We had a good conversation and we talked about I could fit in at their school. Everyone likes my speed and what I can do for their teams."

RIVALS REACTION

It's incredible to think that a notable recruit like Achane has yet to really take a junior day visit at this point, but that's precisely the case with the speedy Houston-area athlete.

Achane is fixated on visiting schools across the Southeast with Alabama, LSU, Georgia, Florida State and North Carolina at the top of the list. During an interview earlier this spring, he had eyes on the SEC and Florida State, and with his teammate Hornsby now committed to the Tar Heels, there's an obvious connection to Chapel Hill.

Additionally, the new Texas offer has Achane's attention. He previously mentioned Oklahoma State as an intriguing fit and the same applies to TCU.

It remains too early to get a grasp on where Achane may wind up, but these upcoming visits -- and specifically, where he winds up visiting -- will be telling.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bEastTexas said:

Kentucky buddy said this kid is supposed to visit June 22nd weekend per their board. 

https://247sports.com/Player/Octavious-Oxendine-46047737/

Roach just retweeted this article.

https://247sports.com/college/tennessee/Article/Tennessee-football-recruiting-Vols-high-up-there-for-DT-target-Octavious-Oxendine-132212732/

Edited by Machinator

7 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Visiting Texas on June 22, he's hoping for a Texas offer. Says a Texas or Bama offer would have a big impact in his recruitment. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

2 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Has Achane's top 8 been discussed? 

Not sure if exactly a top eight; more like a eight schools he's interested in visiting since he's done with track. A&M not being mentioned is hilarious though. 

13 hours ago, Katfid54 said:

Crypton LLC is a fabric wholesaler headquartered just outside Detroit, a bit north of Ann Arbor.  Gotta think that will make Kalel think twice before heading to Michigan.

if ever there was a reason to tweet at a player, this has to be it, right?

giphy.gif

Spoiler

giphy.gif

8 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

It is truly hilarious how bad aggy is flopping in state this year, after all these guys getting CB'd to aggy in the winter.

it is going to be very interesting to see where they end up with the final top 20 in the state of Texas (how many of them they get)

https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=highschool&State=tx

going to be very interested to see if UNC becomes more of a player with the Texas ties over the next couple of years...Mack, Brewster, Longo from SHSU, Tim Cross (S&C Coach at Texas), Stacy Searles

Mike at Night: Running back targets, new offers

— Texas extended an offer to Boston (Mass.) Milton Academy outside linebacker Kalel Mullings. Defensive coordinator Todd Orlando was by his school today and pulled the trigger on an offer. I exchanged messages with Mullings today and he was certainly taken with the offer. He did admit that Texas came in late in his process, but an offer from a school like Texas would cause him to consider extending his recruitment. Mullings is down to Boston College, Stanford, Michigan, Northwestern, and Wisconsin. Mullings would like to make a visit in June and he said he’s considering pushing his decision to the fall.

— If you’re looking for a running back candidate in this class, keep an eye on Oklahoma City (Okla.) Bishop McGuiness star Dominic Richardson. Richardson committed to TCU in early May, but an offer from the Longhorns caught his attention. Richardson grew up in San Antonio and he was excited that Texas finally came along. Richardson is working on setting up a summer visit, and I’m told that the Longhorns have a legitimate chance to flip him if they push.

— I was able to see 2021 Garland Lakeview Centennial running back Camar Wheaton in action today. Wheaton doesn’t talk much, and he certainly isn’t focused on recruiting at this point. He did say that he loved his Texas visit for junior day and the Longhorns are high on his list. Wheaton also said he would make a return visit to Austin in the summer if he were invited at any time. Wheaton mentioned his relationships with Texas running backs coach Stan Drayton and Texas assistant Ra’Shaad Samples as things that stood out to him.

— Texas target Jahari Rogers made an official visit to Florida over the weekend. I’m told that the Florida staff did a great job on the visit. As I’ve said, Florida is a much bigger threat for Rogers than people realize. That said, I’m told by sources at Florida that the Gators didn’t get the sense that they established a lead coming out of the weekend. Texas will host Rogers in June for an official visit and it wouldn’t surprise me to see a decision sometime in July. I’m close to putting in a Crystal Ball pick for the Longhorns here.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, closetojumping said:

One of my good friends and business partners went to Milton on scholarship. She sings its praises to this day. If this dude is supposedly looking at business schools, he might legitimately be interested in what Texas can offer. 

My incarcerated business partner's retarded gay niece went to Milton.

20 minutes ago, Street2Peschel said:

I moved from Magnolia Texas to Evergreen Colorado.  I was/am close enough to those towns to know them  well enough to say that I would live in a backwoods outhouse in Greeley over any place in College Station.

Ive been to Greeley many times and never had a problem. Its growing rapidly and isn't too far from the mountains.

• Like 1

Just now, Elmer_Fudd said:

Super K says OU is trying to get Bryson Washington for an unofficial visit in June and that OU is really pushing for him.  He thinks they currently lead.

That all checks out. Just have to hold them off. At least we have Washington and Naivar on it.

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

That all checks out. Just have to hold them off. At least we have Washington and Naivar on it.

They are actually putting together a nice secondary class.  No idea on who they're targeting or are in a good spot for for LB's and DL.