Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

Ransom's Notre Dame OV will be June 8-10, and Ohio State June 21-23.

Roach just said in a chat that Ransom's OV will start on the 21st.

Poster followed up saying that he thought that was OSU's weekend and Roach said Ransom told him it would be to us that weekend, but that he would confirm.

Edited by Dummy

On 5/21/2019 at 3:51 PM, closetojumping said:

One of my good friends and business partners went to Milton on scholarship. She sings its praises to this day. If this dude is supposedly looking at business schools, he might legitimately be interested in what Texas can offer. 

latest?cb=20120408205114

Edited by Beau Vine
hey, it's close enough.
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, GotThatFire said:

So what’s wrong with Greeley?  Asking for somebody who is trying to soak up as much information about cities in Colorado as possible  

Short story - it has a reputation as a cow town and Denver smells like it every time there's winter. It's not a bad town, particularly in comparison to somewhere like Pueblo, and has two of the better breweries in Colorado (Weld Works and Wiley Roots). I'd still much rather live up in the mountains or closer to Fort Collins.

Also, it's a million miles better than College Station. 

Edited by GabrielsHorn
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, GabrielsHorn said:

Short story - it has a reputation as a cow town and Denver smells like it every time there's winter. It's not a bad town, particularly in comparison to somewhere like Pueblo, and has two of the better breweries in Colorado (Weld Works and Wiley Roots). I'd still much rather live up in the mountains or closer to Fort Collins.

Also, it's a million miles better than College Station. 

Im gonna start punching you Greely fuckers in the dick.  

Prepare yourself accordingly.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dummy said:

Roach's confidence levels in some defensive recruits (1-10):

Broughton -7.5 
Collins - 7 
Dorbah - 8 
Umanmielen - 6.5 
Rogers - 7.5 
Crawford - 8 
Thompson - 8.

Makes sense. Princely is the least bought in of the Big Three, but is also the least important so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

latest?cb=20120408205114

While I’ve seen the first 3 seasons, I can’t claim an expertise and therefore this reference is beyond me. There’s always money in the banana stand?

49 minutes ago, Dummy said:

Broughton -7.5 
Collins - 7 
Dorbah - 8 
Umanmielen - 6.5 
Rogers - 7.5 
Crawford - 8 
Thompson - 8.

44 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Makes sense. Princely is the least bought in of the Big Three, but is also the least important so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Umainlymanlyman is fucking around. They like the DE out of New Mexico better and he’s going to be less effort. Either ol’Princely pulls it together soon, or they move on and don’t give one fuck about where his flaky ass lands. The next 45 days will be really interesting and this one is a big reason why. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Sounds like Ransom may commit soon.  That'll be all his OV's.  Hopefully Bijan and Ransom jump on board.

looking at his 247 profile, his visit schedule has been

• OU, 4/12
  • LSU, 4/26
  • ND, 6/8
  • Texas, 6/14 (new)
  • tOSU, 6/21

8 hours ago, closetojumping said:

While I’ve seen the first 3 seasons, I can’t claim an expertise and therefore this reference is beyond me. There’s always money in the banana stand?

Umainlymanlyman is fucking around. They like the DE out of New Mexico better and he’s going to be less effort. Either ol’Princely pulls it together soon, or they move on and don’t give one fuck about where his flaky ass lands. The next 45 days will be really interesting and this one is a big reason why. 

Who is the DE out of New Mexico?

8 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Looks like I'll need to check this guy out. I've skimmed past his blurb every time he's shown up in a recruiting article. 

11 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

This goober on texags claims to have insider info and is saying Broughton to aggy.

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3037128

As someone who spends no time on Texags, is there any reason to take this guy seriously besides him supposedly calling Diggs, a recruitment that seemingly all the aggie mods had going there way early? 

On 5/21/2019 at 6:28 PM, Elmer_Fudd said:

Per TFLoss, OB said they talked to Flowe's HC and he told them Flowe plans on visiting Texas at the end of June.  

That last weekend of June looks huge.  All the OV's and Flowe, Smalls, and Ringo are supposedly visiting that weekend.

Stop fucking around and land Ringo before the Dwags do... 

45 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Gonna be a dogfight with ACU and Tulsa.

34 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Stop fucking around and land Ringo before the Dwags do... 

If Dabo wants to make sure that happens, he should probably orchestrate a large donation to Austin Stone. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Fud said:

As someone who spends no time on Texags, is there any reason to take this guy seriously besides him supposedly calling Diggs, a recruitment that seemingly all the aggie mods had going there way early? 

His claim that "it's been aggy the entire time" is factually incorrect, regardless of where Broughton ends up.  I know some people very close to the recruitment who would love for Vernon to end up in College Station, and even they admitted as recently as a few months ago that Texas and Alabama were the schools he talked about most.

32 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:

He says its a "locK' he commits to aggy, so I'm guessing he is just a normal aggy down on his knees hoping. Nothing from the ministry shows otherwise as of now. 

Definitely how I read it.  Isn’t VB’s profile twitter pic still a Texas edit?  But, it’s always been A&M 😂.

21 hours ago, Dummy said:

Broughton -7.5 
Collins - 7 
Dorbah - 8 
Umanmielen - 6.5 
Rogers - 7.5 
Crawford - 8 
Thompson - 8.

While I appreciate the insight (and upvoted your post for sharing actual, non-Colorado podunk-town recruiting talk), it is hilarious that a 9.95er has a 10 point scale and then has fractions of that scale. Like he knows whether something is 6.5 or 7 or 7.5. Give me a fucking break. Why not 7.75? Please. 

• Like 1