Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

Oh neat he's going full troll. And funnily enough all the stuff coming from the team wasn't about him at all.

Well let's go get JQJ and CT3 and make it the full on Duncanville vs North Shore thing it's being made out to be (as much as it hurts me to back the Dallas horse in anything).

2 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

To Mookie. 

Mookie reply:

1 minute ago, KYHorn said:

To Mookie. 

I saw some Mookie stuff earlier on the ole twitter.com. I think Evans is still talking about UT players. Mookie had an interaction with a UT fan (probably after a name search/snitch, he wasn't @d).

Not sure what he's getting at here. Guess he's taking a shot at Coburn or Jamison. Sterns was FR All-American and Thorpe finalist so not sure a high schooler should really be talking shit, even if he is ranked like Evans. 

Anyways, guess we can consider that bridge burnt. Something had to have happened with Evans behind the scenes. 

11 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

To Mookie. 

He could have picked a top 5 and not blasted Texas to every media outlet.  Now that people are calling him a dumbass for his comments about us with regards to Georgia, he’s all butthurt.  You didn’t pick us man.  Focus on your top 5 schools.  Instead he seems to be doing a lot of tweeting reacting to comments from Sterns that don’t have anything to do with him haha.  No player is bigger than Texas.  We’ve had top 3 recruiting classes the last two years.  We’ve got a coaching staff that ran circles around Georgia.  We’ll win a title again before Georgia does.  They ain’t winning shit with Kirby in charge.  Hell that retard Oregeron put a beating on him last year.

Edited by victory88
  • Like 5

Hopefully Sam and Co rent a van on the way back from Brucation and drop by Bijan Robinson's house. Get back to ATX, get some boosters on it and get this kid bagged the fuck up. That's where I'm at after reading this Zach Evanshit show

Edited by UncleBuck
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Lmao.  I cannot wait to play LSU.  I have no doubt in my mind this team is going to put up an ass whipping.   I haven’t been so confident in a game since that top 5 2008 Texas-Missouri matchup with chase Daniels where we butt fucked them from the first snap.  I have the same feeling for this LSU match up.

The best part about this is "most" LSU fans are taking the aggy beliefe that Texas is just a soft bdf team and they are going to run up and down the field. 

Just like Georgia, after a couple of series, they'll realize they are going to be in a 60 minute street fight when they get hit in the mouth.

1 minute ago, victory88 said:

And lmao at Mookie.  How did he get involved?  I thought he was going to commit to Illinois and be irrelevant for the next 4 years.

he was searching for his name, or someone @'d him because he wasn't tagged in the original tweet he responded to.

Just now, victory88 said:

And lmao at Mookie.  How did he get involved?  I thought he was going to commit to Illinois and be irrelevant for the next 4 years.

Mookie was name dropped by some UT asshat on twitter. Not sure he was even @'d. He either searched his name or was alerted to the blast and replied. Zach's looking for allies, so hits him up. 

19 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Not sure what he's getting at here. Guess he's taking a shot at Coburn or Jamison. Sterns was FR All-American and Thorpe finalist so not sure a high schooler should really be talking shit, even if he is ranked like Evans. 

Anyways, guess we can consider that bridge burnt. Something had to have happened with Evans behind the scenes. 

So the kid who plays on a stacked high school team, and hasn't competed against college aged kids, is calling out athletes who have played against and beaten top 10 ranked college football teams for as he said they "don't play at all"?

Some of these kids definitely need a reality check, especially since all it takes is for a freak misstep and you tear your achilles and end your career. Especially considering the fact that they haven't faced a team that has division 1 talent on the entire roster before and are playing against athletes who probably aver 6'1" 180 lbs, as opposed to college athletes where that is considered tiny.

Edited by Bevoball

23 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Whenever I first read it, I took it as play = mess/joke around 

1 minute ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Is JQJ supposed to be a QB for UT or play another position? His passing stats are underwhelming.

Than again, Tom Herman has a history of coaching dual-threat QBs who were underwhelming passers in H.S. into good college QBs at both tOSU & UH.

If you want to land him, you give him a real shot at QB. And he's good enough to both give him an honest shot, and to be very happy also if he doesn't stick at QB and has to go to LB.

2 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Is JQJ supposed to be a QB for UT or play another position? His passing stats are underwhelming.

Than again, Tom Herman has a history of coaching dual-threat QBs who were underwhelming passers in H.S. into good college QBs at both tOSU & UH.

He's a QB until he's not 

36 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

In regards to the NS/Duncanville thing, I haven't gone back and watched, but I seem to remember Chris Thompson was looking to take Evans out everytime he got the ball.

Well that is what you do when playing football.Duncanville shut his ass down.

5 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Are Wilson and Random supposed to arrive tomorrow?

From Suchomel

It's hard to get much confirmation on the five-star WR Johnny Wilson's plans because he doesn't talk much and I haven't had any luck connecting with his coaches, but I did check with a source today who said Wilson is still expected in Austin for his unofficial visit this weekend. Wilson is then planing to return the weekend of June 21 for his UT official visit.

Also, a reminder that Rivals100 safety Lathan Ransom will be in town this weekend as well. The Tucson Salpointe product will return in a couple weeks for his UT official visit on June 14.

Nothing really new to report ... just wanted to pass along that I've confirmed that Wilson is still expected to be in and nothing has changed with his plans. I'm not expecting any dramatic fireworks to come from this weekend, but Texas could really put itself in a position to close on one or both of these guys in the coming months if things go well starting this weekend.