Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

Tank Bigsby is an interesting possibility. I wouldn't get my hopes up, because pulling a RB from Georgia is not an easy thing to do, but a) there's precedent, and b) Coach K Watson has a history of talking to the kid going back several years now, so it's not like there's no pro-UT voices in his ear. As far as I know, we haven't actually offered, whereas pretty much the entirety of the SEC and ACC have, but in spite of a lot of smoke, he never actually committed to South Carolina, who now has another back, and UGa has their sites set on Milton.

At 6', 210lbs, some of his best highlights aren't the breakaways (though he has plenty of those), it's the between-the-tackles runs where he carries two or three guys for 10-15 yards. Seems like a perfect fit for our offense -- really good out of the backfield in the passing game, really good as a hammer, lots of potential in pass-pro, and could be an absolute beast after a couple of years with Yancy.

Get him on campus, and who knows? (For the record, his times are good, not great, which is the main reason he's a 4*, not a 5*. That, and how many 5* RBs can one year hold?) 

• Like 1

Interestingly, Fillinger is our first out of state commit after so much success there last year and this idea that we were going to be a national recruiting brand/power this cycle

I can't even think of anyone out of state that we might add, though I'm sure we will find a couple more

Edited by Bodacious Bevo
  • Like 3

I tweeted at Collins and let him know the situation with the page # and that some grown men would enthusiastically talk about boners on the internet if he commits tomorrow, we should be good.

Not tomorrow, NOW! While we're on page 512! Way to fuck it up. NEVER tweet at recruits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Interestingly, Fillinger is our first out of state commit after so much success there last year and this idea that we were going to be a national recruiting brand/power this cycle

I can't even think of anyone out of state that we might add, though I'm sure we will find a couple more

Johnny Wilson

9 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Interestingly, Fillinger is our first out of state commit after so much success there last year and this idea that we were going to be a national recruiting brand/power this cycle. I can't even think of anyone out of state that we might add, though I'm sure we will find a couple more

Out of State:  Still hoping for Bijan, Wilson and LB help...

1 hour ago, Chrispy_ said:

Roach is saying that he doesn’t expect Collins to commit tomorrow. 

Roach would have said the same thing about Fillinger yesterday evening as well, and was telling everyone Tuesday evening that Broughton was going to wait 2 weeks before announcing. 247 has 0 sources right now.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Live look at the Arizona pipeline...

spacer.png

32 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Roach would have said the same thing about Fillinger yesterday evening as well, and was telling everyone Tuesday evening that Broughton was going to wait 2 weeks before announcing. 247 has 0 sources right now.

Roach was the only one that was holding firm on confidence that Broughton would commit to us. Gave the below information right after the commitment. Aggy reporters even acknowledged that Roach had a good source in that requirement.  

Spoiler

"I was told last week that Vernon planned to shoot a video and it was going to be for Texas. It was at that point I started reporting more confidence on the Texas side, but there was some trepidation that things could change between then and the video. When Vernon delayed his announcement on Monday, it obviously caused a little bit of worry. I originally reported the announcement could be the 18th, but checking in again was told next week. I was told by another source that this could be to make it a surprise and to be ready for anything. In the middle of my chat tonight, I mentioned that I needed to put it on hold to make a call about some information I received. I was told this evening that the announcement could be coming tonight, but I didn't want to post an update on it. There were some late twists and turns, but Broughton is a fantastic get for Oscar Giles and Craig Naivar who both recruited him hard."

26 minutes ago, Dummy said:

Roach was the only one that was holding firm on confidence that Broughton would commit to us. Gave the below information right after the commitment. Aggy reporters even acknowledged that Roach had a good source in that requirement.  

Reveal hidden contents

"I was told last week that Vernon planned to shoot a video and it was going to be for Texas. It was at that point I started reporting more confidence on the Texas side, but there was some trepidation that things could change between then and the video. When Vernon delayed his announcement on Monday, it obviously caused a little bit of worry. I originally reported the announcement could be the 18th, but checking in again was told next week. I was told by another source that this could be to make it a surprise and to be ready for anything. In the middle of my chat tonight, I mentioned that I needed to put it on hold to make a call about some information I received. I was told this evening that the announcement could be coming tonight, but I didn't want to post an update on it. There were some late twists and turns, but Broughton is a fantastic get for Oscar Giles and Craig Naivar who both recruited him hard."

So he was told a week before the announcement it was going to be Texas, yet spent the two days leading up to the announcement posting anything could still happen. Dude was creating drama for no apparent reason.

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

I do think he had some information on Broughton, but yeah in general I agree with you. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

44 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

So he was told a week before the announcement it was going to be Texas, yet spent the two days leading up to the announcement posting anything could still happen. Dude was creating drama for no apparent reason.

I think he was covering his ass in the wake of the Robinson misread. Can’t blame him.

He may also have been playing it conservatively to appease his source. 

Edited by Chili dog
In on 512.

2 hours ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Idk if this counts but Mookie was the first OOS commit 

12 hours ago, Newy25 said:

He looks like an Aaron Lewis clone. If he added 20 pounds in college he would have exactly the same measurebles to go along with the shotput/multi sport talent and fast shuttle time like Lewis did. 

It's been awhile
Since I couldn't
Hold my head up high
And it's been awhile
Since I first saw you
And it's been awhile
Since I could stand
On my own two feet again
And it's been awhile
Since I could call you
And all the things I can't remember
As fucked up as it all may seem