Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

4 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Didn't TFB say to expect some good news during the week and that it wasn't Milroe?  

No, they said the good news wasn't Chris Thompson Jr (although that will also go well for us, in all likelihood).

Edited by Machinator

Milroe is a nice pickup to hopefully help recruit a few more 2020 and 2021 guys...

Nahlin:  "Jalen Milroe has definitely created a buzz. The 2021s are pretty vocal behind the scenes and there's a palpable feeling guys are wanting in. The rumor mill is churning.  I will say the chances with Bryce Foster have improved and maybe Donovan Jackson too. Texas has never been out of it for either as the o-linemen are very fond of Herb Hand, but it's believed Texas has ground to make up with each. Having Milroe in their ear, as well as Hayden Conner, can only help."

Q:  Are you guys still thinking Texas should go with five and five at OL the next two cycles?

Nahlin:  "I haven't been on that train. The depth chart looks to be in good shape right now. I'm going with four in 2020 and six in 2021 due to tackle/guard versatility of a few of them." 

Nahlin:  "Momentum in the class is real and Texas should be in position to capitalize. Said one uncommitted high profile recruit, "Texas is going to have the best class in 2021." Texas doesn't need for it to be true as much as it needs kids to believe its true. You can see how 2020 and 2021 are polar opposites. One class is in wait-and-see mode while the other is as excited as the 2018 class.  It will be kind of funny to watch juniors recruiting seniors (2020 Class) over the next six months."

Edited by LTtxfan

Just now, ShowmeyourTDs said:

Didn’t Evans say that he wanted to run behind a stellar offensive line?  Between the ‘20 commits and the ‘21 commits thus far, if he win on the field with excellent offensive play, I can see him becoming our rb1 in 2020.

giphy.gif

Nah, he's gonna go to the highest bidder on NSD

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ShowmeyourTDs said:

Didn’t Evans say that he wanted to run behind a stellar offensive line?  Between the ‘20 commits and the ‘21 commits thus far, if he win on the field with excellent offensive play, I can see him becoming our rb1 in 2020.

Don't believe anything that comes out of Evans' mouth.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, ShowmeyourTDs said:

I can't see a dude who plans on being in college for 3 years worrying too much about the class that likely won't play until he's gone.

1 minute ago, ShowmeyourTDs said:

Then we got lucky and barely got away with a W vs. GA.

3 minutes ago, ShowmeyourTDs said:

Why are people taking anything Evans says seriously? This is the recruit that said "we barely beat Georgia". There are obviously other things in play with that recruitment. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ShowmeyourTDs said:

1.) Evans isn't coming here.

2.) Evans will be in the NFL by the time the 2020 O-linemen are ready to start. RBs like him don't stick around for long.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ShowmeyourTDs said:

Aside from what’s already been posted, Evans will only be playing school through the 2022 season. The 2021 class doesn’t affect him much if at all. 

Just now, Chrispy_ said:

Looks like 247 is releasing an update today. Seems like most of our commits fell and Majors became a 3 star. 

Majors is being penalized for going to camp to learn a position he projects to, if he rested on his tape he would have remained a 4 star. Not worried, if healthy he will be a future contributor plus this should motivate him. 

1 minute ago, Goodman said:

Majors is being penalized for going to camp to learn a position he projects to, if he rested on his tape he would have remained a 4 star. Not worried, if healthy he will be a future contributor plus this should motivate him. 

He's being penalized because he struggled big time at camps. Let's not try to rationalize it. A lot of guys play OT in HS and then rep at OG. 

3 stars feels appropriate for Majors. 

• Like 3