Texas O-line talk

Coach pop a bitch

6 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

Can someone break down this running play for me?  Do we even practice?

To me, that looks like miscommunication on the playcall of a counter. Majors should be blocking down on the 1-tech and Okafor should also be pulling. But that's just a guess. Colossal clusterfuck on assignments regardless.

Edited by gmr548

1 hour ago, sith_horn said:

Not knocking on Casey here but he had more time in the pocket on several of his passes. He wasn't facing near the blitzkrieg at that point of the game. That's not to say he shouldn't have been plugged in earlier though. I think Sark didn't want Card to feel shorted on his chance to right the rudder while making mistakes as a freshman QB on the road, but gave him too much opportunity given the circumstances IMO. We'll never know if the game would have turned out differently had Thompson started the game from the get-go. There is only so much that can be done when the OL play is that disastrous.

No offense.. and I get what you are saying.. but "I think Sark didn't want Card to feel shorted on his chance to right the rudder while making mistakes as a freshman QB on the road, but gave him too much opportunity given the circumstances IMO. "

Fuck Card's feelings

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Can someone break down this running play for me?  It's looks like we literally blocked 1 guy, maybe 2.  Do we even practice?

I’m no football coach but it looks like 65 fucked up and should have blocked 93 because 75 was pulling to the left to be a lead blocker. Instead 93 destroyed the play and 75 was past him pulling before he could do anything about it.

I think the idea was to set a wall of blockers to the right and have Bijan follow the pulling guard as a lead blocker to the left. Looked like there could have been room briefly if not for 65 going the wrong way and letting 93 wreak havoc.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

I’m no football coach but it looks like 65 fucked up and should have blocked 93 because 75 was pulling to the left to be a lead blocker. Instead 93 destroyed the play and 75 was past him pulling before he could do anything about it.

I think the idea was to set a wall of blockers to the right and have Bijan follow the pulling guard as a lead blocker to the left. Looked like there could have been room briefly if not for 65 going the wrong way and letting 93 wreak havoc.

Yeah, I certainly think it's a major fuckup, if you will, on a power/counter. Not sure if Okafor is doing his job either. Pig had numbers anyway but if the nose gets downblocked and the lead blocker (s) can actually give Bijan something to work with there's potential.

1 minute ago, TexasBeta said:

No offense.. and I get what you are saying.. but "I think Sark didn't want Card to feel shorted on his chance to right the rudder while making mistakes as a freshman QB on the road, but gave him too much opportunity given the circumstances IMO. "

Fuck Card's feelings

Absolutely. Wasn't defending Sark's judgement on waiting too long to make the switch.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

Can someone break down this running play for me?  It's looks like we literally blocked 1 guy, maybe 2.  Do we even practice?

That's coaching. More infuriating to realize this is our 2nd play of the game - so much for the players knowing their responsibilities on scripted plays.

• Hook 'Em 1

42 minutes ago, TexasBeta said:

Fuck Card's feelings

You chose your username to honor our OL?

55 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

It looks like you are asking guys to execute something no one on the line is currently capable of executing.

Edited by HtownHorn

Don't have a moment to post all but quick glance at ratings, Angilau had a solid day. He has been both our best and most consistent, playing at a solid level in both pass and run.

Majors was historically bad yesterday.

When people say a blocking dummy would have been better, they are thinking of Majors against Arkansas.

His pass blocking rating was an 11. ELEVEN!

This motherfucker gave up 3 hurries and a sack.

Edited by pacman

6 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

this right here,  not a single person on the o line stood up for his QB.  not a single one.  Ive watched highschool games where any late hit on any player and the team mates  the brothers the battles rush over to crush these offender for hitting their brother.  not a single slack jawed pussy out there did anything to defense hudson they jsut looked around like durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.   you kick that dude squarely in his throat for cheap shotting your QB and you send a message thats my QB dont touch him.

but then again we have a team full of pussies 

Alabama is a man factory while Texas is nothing more than a conveyor belt for churning out soft, fruity, pussies.  And these pussies are coddled and given platforms to emote, which they eat up.

It has gotten beyond old.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Burton:

This was no fluke. Texas was marshmallow soft up front, and Arkansas drove that point home with authority. The Texas offensive line couldn’t have looked worse from the outset. Hudson Card was routinely flushed against a three-man rush. And the Texas OL always seemed a step slow in the run game. Meanwhile, the defensive front (the DL and LBs) couldn’t even pretend to hold up against the run from the second quarter on. It was a brutal game to watch because, physically, the contest wasn’t even close. Texas got blown off the ball on both sides of scrimmage. They looked soft. They lacked explosiveness. 

1 minute ago, JFKFC said:

Other staffs didn't have the transfer portal. Sark did, and decided to roll with these fucktards. 

Truth. But you never know who you have until your see your guy punched in the mouth. I’ve seen a lot of practice fire breathers in my day, only to witness them gargle another dude’s balls in the game. If these pussies somehow get better during the season, we hit the portal in the off-season, and put a half-legit product on the field next season, we will know these coaches get it. It’s been a while since anyone has really “got” the OL situation at UT. They all just come in and do exactly what they did at whatever sec school they came from. Our OL situation needs prison hazing. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

The pass pro wasn't that bad. Card often had a lot of time (partially by design given piggy's three-man rush) and did exactly nothing with it. I'm surprised anyone is into the 70's or 80's given the run game struggles though.

Texas was somewhat successful running to the right. It was a disaster going left.

7 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

this right here,  not a single person on the o line stood up for his QB.  not a single one.  Ive watched highschool games where any late hit on any player and the team mates  the brothers the battles rush over to crush these offender for hitting their brother.  not a single slack jawed pussy out there did anything to defense hudson they jsut looked around like durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.   you kick that dude squarely in his throat for cheap shotting your QB and you send a message thats my QB dont touch him.

This right here is why I don’t think many of our O-Line problems have anything to do with talent. Please find me a starter that when recruited most if not all major programs in the region wouldn’t have given their left nut for at the time, and yet they all have better lines than we do. It’s development and coaching. When an opponent’s cheap shots anger fans more than the players, the right kind of attitude is not being developed in practice.

• Hook 'Em 3

10 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Yep.  You think Studdard, Sendlein, Blalock would have let that shit fly?  Need to find some Kyle Turley types that'll rip someone's helmet off and go after people, 15 yard penalty be damned.

Edited by Elmer_Fudd
  • Hook 'Em 2

10 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Yep.  You think Studdard, Sendlein, Blalock would have let that shit fly?  Need to find some Kyle Turley types that'll rip someone's helmet off and go after people, 15 yard penalty be damned.

I’m willing to let a 15 yarder fly if you establish early on that your jaw will get broke if you try to fuck around ans find out. It’s as much of a mental game if you know the guy is a freaking psycho and not a stay puft marshmallow man

x-posting my thoughts from the back away from the ledge thread:

Need to make some personnel changes IMO. Okafor is a huge liability

Jones/Karic(LT) - Angilau(LG) - Majors/Kerstetter(C) - Conner(RG) - Kerstetter/Jones(RT)

Would be interested to see the guard shuffle first. If that works then we know how bad Okafor really was. 

If not, you have to shuffle more. Not sure what the best combination would be but Majors looked pretty bad vs Arkansas. Maybe go with what NFL scouts are seeing in Kerstetter as a center and go with the following:

Karic, Angilau, Kerstetter, Conner, Jones

Edited by BurntOrange&White

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

x-posting my thoughts from the back away from the ledge thread:

Need to make some personnel changes IMO. Okafor is a huge liability

Jones/Karic(LT) - Angilau(LG) - Majors/Kerstetter(C) - Conner(RG) - Kerstetter/Jones(RT)

That game going the way it did, despite hurting us as fans, might be the best thing that ever happened going forward. I remember back in the early Mack years they would trot out whatever lineups and we would cake walk into Dallas only to get punched in the mouth by OU before we made changes. Happened yearly like clockwork. The early punch in the mouth SHOULD give this coach and team a sense of urgency, and maybe, just maybe, they will have their shit together going into Dallas.