Aggy Hype Rollercoaster 2019 Edition

TexArcher

1 hour ago, Judge Elihu Smails said:

I agree aggy is historically irrelevant.

I didn't post aggy's win total because I'm an A&M fan. 

I posted the win total because it's the factual truth...and seemed to refute claims made in the post that I quoted.

Again, sincere apologies for interjecting facts.

Problem is that your "facts" are beside the point of the original post, which suggested that A&M didn't "surpass" the UT program despite the latter's historical struggles (which look like an aberration in the program's history). A few more insignificant wins over a few years doesn't mean shit. 

The point is that A&M had a golden opportunity to "surpass" UT in terms of program perception and acclaim - and, as they are wont to do, they fucked it up. They moved to the most-hyped conference, and in their first year had a media-sensation Heisman Trophy winner, etc, coinciding with late-era tired Mack and then the worst coach in the history of UT football. It was all lined up for them to become the dominant program in the state. And they couldn't do it...they couldn't finish. They regressed almost immediately back to what they've always been - a decent, slightly above-average program. It was teed up for them like never before, and, well, here we are. 

That was the point. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

At this point I’ll be mildly surprised if they don’t literally just lie to publications about their revenue, flat out. “Oh yeah, we’re still well over last year. 500 million in revenue, maybe a billion ” Do we really think they’re above flat out lying? Its not like some IRS auditor is verifying these numbers. 

The NCAA filings are audited financials. Also, the schools have to file federal financial statements in support of their publicly traded municipal debt, so there is enough transparency to believe the reported revenues are legit. 

5 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

The NCAA filings are audited financials. Also, the schools have to file federal financial statements in support of their publicly traded municipal debt, so there is enough transparency to believe the reported revenues are legit. 

What this statement presupposes is...aTm isn’t stupid enough to lie to everyone and cook the books to placate their egos. 

Aggy is full of Nazi queers, I don't doubt. But you people diminish yourselves in your fascination with them. I suggest you take some time to focus on making the Longhorns better, rather than repeating all the Aggy hate that we all agree with.

I believe you, the State of Texas, and the World in general will be better for it.

To be fair there is not much that I, as a fan, can do to make the Longhorns better. I can, however, make fun of aggy.

1 hour ago, Parliament said:

Aggy is full of Nazi queers, I don't doubt. But you people diminish yourselves in your fascination with them. I suggest you take some time to focus on making the Longhorns better, rather than repeating all the Aggy hate that we all agree with.

I believe you, the State of Texas, and the World in general will be better for it.

we're on a mission from god

3 hours ago, Judge Elihu Smails said:

Apologies for responding with facts.

What you posted are FACTOIDS.  They look like facts but they are not.  The unstated assumption is that the wins you totaled up are equal in value.  With the Charmin-soft OOC scheduling of the SECx3, that assumption is false.

Fair point...I was aware of that.  You're the one that put "since 2010"  NY6 bowls didn't exist in 2010.

Both teams have won one bowl that is now a NY6 bowl.

It wasn't a BCS bowl at the time they won it, either.

The Cotton back then was considered a top 6 bowl, just like it is now.  

Wrong. There was no such thing as a "top 6 bowl" in 2012. There were BCS bowls, and everything else. The Cotton was in the "everything else" pile.

But you knew that.

42 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

Take out 3-4 annually every year for the past 7 seasons at an absolute minimum.  Call it 24 or so at a guess.

2 hours ago, Llogg said:

TX		aTm
2010	WY,Rice,FAU	LaTech,SFA,FIU
2011	Rice		SMU,Idaho
2012	WY,NM		SMU,SCSt,SamHou
2013	NMSt		Rice,SamHou,SMU,UTEP
2014	UNT		Lamar,Rice,SMU,LaMo
2015	Rice		BallSt,Nevada
2016	UTEP		PVA&M,NMSt,UTSA
2017	SJSU		NichollsSt,LaLa,NM
2018	Tulsa		NWSt,LaMo,UAB

Source: wikipedia

ahem

Edited by Llogg

2 hours ago, Parliament said:

you may not have noticed but this is a message board, nothing any of us do here makes the Longhorns better

4 hours ago, Judge Elihu Smails said:

Wins from 2010 'til now.  Aggy - 76, UT - 63

Why do they always put a timeframe on this shit? I mean, I know why. It serves the point you're making, but it's obviously so trivial. 

Anyways enjoy your trip to Bolivia. Heard it's nice this time of year. 

You people??!!! You've got the wrong impression nut lover. aggy is on this thread to provide amusement and comic relief to those of us who know/ have to deal with these weirdos on a daily basis. 

You assume some of us don’t multitask. 

For the time being, a lot of things relevant to UT (both athletics and academics) are under control and pretty much on autopilot. 

That leaves time for my other favorite causes in my crusade to make the world a better place. You know-Save the Whales, Feed the Orphans, Mock the aggys. 

39 minutes ago, Judge Elihu Smails said:

I didn't suggest the time frame.  Perhaps read more?

Yes read more and acknowledge that Aggy's win totals relative to TX in that time frame are inflated by more than double the number of games against non-P5 teams. They played fucking Lamar and Idaho, FFS.

Edited by Llogg

You should really just go away and come back when aggy has actually won something worthy of painting on the side of that shitty stadium.  Something that's not completely made up.  I bet you're one of those aggys that flash the horns down when you realize you're being shown on tv at some random game where the aggys are getting the shit kicked out of them by a team not named Texas.

Edited by NeverMarryAStripper
  • Like 1

Wired mouse.
Cornball Aggie ring.
Scintillating voice over by Sharp. Uh-may-zing.
Aggies take over Hollywood in non-creative rolls performing CGI grunt work much like the cel painters at Disney 75 years ago. Uh-may-zing. Snore.
Cell painters at Disney had actual talent.
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Llogg said:

Yes read more and acknowledge that Aggy's win totals relative to TX in that time frame are inflated by more than double the number of games against non-P5 teams. They played fucking Lamar and Idaho, FFS.

So which program has been better since 2010?

That's what I thought.

Just in case, we can go to ANY other CFB message board (your choice) and ask the same question.

Basically, what I'm saying here (i know your feels are involved) is that ZERO other fanbases would say UT has had a better decade.  Zero.

(2010-2018)

Bowl appearances - A&M

Bowl wins - A&M

Wins - A&M

Top 5 final rankings - A&M (schedule is considered by voters)

Top 10 final rankings - tie (schedule is considered by voters)

Top 25 final rankings - A&M (schedule is considered by voters)

Most players drafted - A&M 

Take your medicine, boys.

ZERO.

• Fuck You 9

55 minutes ago, Llogg said:

Then why did the voters rank aggy higher than texas all thru the decade?

More weeks ranked, higher finishes, etc?

Just admit it, boy.  They've been better this decade.  It is what it is.

• Fuck You 7

Here's a fun fact.  Kansas St had a better decade in the 90's than my beloved Sooners. 

That's a fact.  It just is what it is.  (even though their OOC scheduling has ALWAYS been a joke, it still doesn't change who was better that decade)

Now, how can I admit that?

Well, I'm not an insecure little bitch is my first guess.

^^^^^^I"ll let the smart ones tell the simpler ones what that last sentence means and who it's referencing.  Toodles.

• Fuck You 5

8 minutes ago, Judge Elihu Smails said:

Then why did the voters rank aggy higher than texas all thru the decade?

More weeks ranked, higher finishes, etc?

Just admit it, boy.  They've been better this decade.  It is what it is.

TFOH with that boy shit, cumsucker. You made some claims that were demonstrably false and countered with some assumptions. Nice rhetorical work there.

Just now, Llogg said:

TFOH with that boy shit, cumsucker. You made some claims that were demonstrably false and countered with some assumptions. Nice rhetorical work there.

Who was better, boy?

Can't admit it, can you.

I'm gonna call you boy 'cause you deserve it.  Be a man, admit it.  Who was better?  Boy.

• Fuck You 5

28 minutes ago, Judge Elihu Smails said:

Who was better, boy?

Can't admit it, can you.

I'm gonna call you boy 'cause you deserve it.  Be a man, admit it.  Who was better?  Boy.

LMAO at the internet tough guy here. Texas was better. Their schedule was not propped up but empty wins or excessive media hype for conference foes. Having more drafted players with fuck all to show for it is a sign of a worse program not better. Again gtfoh with your bitch ass. 

Ha ha If you want to get on here and claim that the golden decade of aggy football is arguably slightly better than the worst decade in UT’s history I’m fine with that. Why don’t you go ahead and paint that on the side of your shitty stadium. Come back in a few years when aggy is begging for $50 million to pay dumbo to go away. It’s obvious which program is trending up and which one is the same mediocre, slightly above average, program that it’s been it’s entire history.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Llogg said:

LMAO at the internet tough guy here. Texas was better. Their schedule was not propped up but empty wins or excessive media hype for conference foes. Having more drafted players with fuck all to show for it is a sign of a worse program not better. Again gtfoh with your bitch ass. 

Don’t get involved with his bullshit. He’s got nothing else to keep him occupied while they relocate the meth trailer. 

Admittedly, I haven't watched a ton of aggy football the last two years, but whenever I do watch, Mond just screams average. They are stuck with Dildo Baggins for the foreseeable future, so ole Kellen is gonna get the lions share of aggy frustration. Conner Blumpkin is going to be the most popular person in the Station, until he actually plays. 

28 minutes ago, Judge Elihu Smails said:

Who was better, boy?

Can't admit it, can you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Judge Elihu Smails said:

That's what I thought.

Just in case, we can go to ANY other CFB message board (your choice) and ask the same question.

Basically, what I'm saying here (i know your feels are involved) is that ZERO other fanbases would say UT has had a better decade.  Zero.

(2010-2018)

Bowl appearances - A&M

Bowl wins - A&M

Wins - A&M

ZERO.

So, the dead horse you've come here to beat is that, over an (expired) 8-year stretch - which was historically bad for Texas and more or less par for the course for A&M - that A&M performed marginally better (and still won nothing of consequence)? 

Let's ask Harrison Ford about this:

spacer.png

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Judge Elihu Smails said:

Who was better, boy?

Can't admit it, can you.

Exactly--who does give a shit?

Neither team has much to be proud of from 2010-2018. A&M was marginally better because of the Johnny Football Heisman season and Texas' 3-year sinkhole with Charlie Strong (abetted by prior weak recruiting from Mack for those still butthurt that Charlie got fired). But no one with a brain would consider that an accomplishment. 

On 8/9/2019 at 5:03 PM, Neonmoon said:

Every year people declare Aggy will have a horrible record, but they never do. It’s not going to happen no matter how much you wish for it. It’s because they usually have 4 built in OOC wins. Yes they play Clemson this year, so only 3 this year, but let’s not pretend Miss State, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Arkansas are good teams. They’re not. These are all crappy teams that only make a bowl game because they also usually play 4 cupcakes every year. So they really only need 2 wins to make a bowl. 

Rinse repeat 

This....   Pretty much every SEC.. SEC ... SEC team should be  at the .500  mark  and bowl eligible when the season ends because of what you noted.   If one of them doesn't make a bowl, then they were beyond sucking.  

20 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Just like they choose 1975 as the starting year to compare records. Texas won 15 of the previous 16 games. Texas had a similar record if you go back 10 more years.

Aggie's respond in their best explanation voice, "Well, you see, prior to 1975, A&M was just a tiny, innocent little girl of a school who, though scrappy!, couldn't defeat the big, cheating bullies from that school in Austin."

Or they go to this constantly repeated preface as though it's not rote dogma, "Okay, let's look at the record in my lifetime which started in 1975."

They'll always have their go-to consolation prize: "Our losses are more prestigious than your losses!"

If you apply the modern vacating of wins for sanction earning years they'd actually be worse in their selected time than their overall record.

6 hours ago, Tired Horn said:

Neither team has much to be proud of from 2010-2018. A&M was marginally better because of the Johnny Football Heisman season and Texas' 3-year sinkhole with Charlie Strong (abetted by prior weak recruiting from Mack for those still butthurt that Charlie got fired). But no one with a brain would consider that an accomplishment. 

the bigger story is that late stage Mack and Potato Coach both managed to beat OU and that in the midst of clearing out the wreckage of those two doofuses, Tom Herman managed a split with them in 2018

15 hours ago, Judge Elihu Smails said:

I didn't suggest the time frame.  Perhaps read more?

Says the guy who continues pushing the rock up the hill

14 hours ago, Judge Elihu Smails said:

That's what I thought.

(2010-2018)

Bowl appearances - A&M

Bowl wins - A&M

Wins - A&M

ZERO.

14 hours ago, Judge Elihu Smails said:

Here's a fun fact.  Kansas St had a better decade in the 90's than my beloved Sooners. 

That's a fact.  It just is what it is.  (even though their OOC scheduling has ALWAYS been a joke, it still doesn't change who was better that decade)

Now, how can I admit that?

Well, I'm not an insecure little bitch is my first guess.

^^^^^^I"ll let the smart ones tell the simpler ones what that last sentence means and who it's referencing.  Toodles.

Let's compare the records of Texas, aggy and ou during the Blake years. 

1 hour ago, Armybrat said:

That banned okie troll must not be aware of this fact:  62-47-5 

And that was accomplished without being in the top three cheating programs in CF history. No wins vacated, no bowl bans, no tv bans.

just the facts, ma’m.

That guy pretends to be an OU fan.  He’s very clearly aggy.  No OU fan gives a shit about aggy or posts any aggy facts - other than they fucking suck.  

On 8/11/2019 at 10:31 AM, Llogg said:

Your assumption is wrong.

P5 wins: aTm 49, TX 51

Wow, even when aggy tries to find a favorable statistic within a narrow time frame aggy fails. So we should compare stats using marriage significant anniversaries. Who has the better record in the last year, 5 years, 10 years, 25 years and 50 years. Maybe aggy in the last 5 since I have not looked it up but all I would have to do is bring up UCLA and then I would feel better.

Maybe I will look it up after work: P5 record, Conference championships, BCS/Big Bowl appearances and National championships. The last I do not have to look up it is zero for our little brother.

17 hours ago, Judge Elihu Smails said:

Then why did the voters rank aggy higher than texas all thru the decade? Just admit it, boy.  They've been better this decade.  It is what it is.

Coming here to brag about a team that's never finished higher than THIRD in their division:

AGGY-WORTHY.jpg

• Like 2