• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Juicy said:

they found his Mgoblog profile

https://mgoblog.com/users/cstalionsuofm

Dude was stubhubbing tickets to purdue games back in 2012

We've got a scoop...

Lol. Purdue tickets are going for $30 on stubhub.

MICHIGAN STAFFER AT CENTER OF SIGN STEALING SCANDAL WAS BUYING TICKETS TO OPPONENTS' GAMES IN 2012

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Auto Driller said:

Watching the five stages of grief play out in real time in twitter is really entertaining when it’s not your team falling apart.

It's wild to see that even in this day and age of instant information, there are still plenty of Michigan fans stuck on last Thursday.

46 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Ridiculous.  He was talking to the coaches between plays while holding diagrams of signals.  Give me a break. 

Having the other teams signals isn't cheating.   Obtaining those signals via in person scouting is.   I'm going to be surprised if there is any documentation linking Harbaugh directly.  The old "don't ask don't tell" scheme.   How bad this end once all the evidence is in is going to come down to (i) how this was financed (i.e., was this reimbursed directly or indirectly via UM or superiors on the staff with a paper trail and (ii) whether this Super Michigan fan flips on his superiors that were in the loop or if he takes all the blame to save the program.  If he's a super fan I wouldn't count on him naming names so it may come down to how well they covered financing this scheme.

Just now, Skipper said:

Having the other teams signals isn't cheating.   Obtaining those signals via in person scouting is.   I'm going to be surprised if there is any documentation linking Harbaugh directly.  The old "don't ask don't tell" scheme.   How bad this end once all the evidence is in is going to come down to (i) how this was financed (i.e., was this reimbursed directly or indirectly via UM or superiors on the staff with a paper trail and (ii) whether this Super Michigan fan flips on his superiors that were in the loop or if he takes all the blame to save the program.  If he's a super fan I wouldn't count on him naming names so it may come down to how well they covered financing this scheme.

I think the hardest part for Stalions is going to be losing access to the program. He was so close to the mountain top of being the head of the football program per his manifesto. Is he willing to let that go in order to save the program? Or is he going to want to take some blood for his being exiled. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Do the sheets of paper with the arm/hand signals count as documentation?

8 minutes ago, Juicy said:

I think the hardest part for Stalions is going to be losing access to the program. He was so close to the mountain top of being the head of the football program per his manifesto. Is he willing to let that go in order to save the program? Or is he going to want to take some blood for his being exiled. 

No worries. Portnoy to the rescue.

Hopefully he can try and spell his name right on the onboarding paperwork.

• Haha 5

20 minutes ago, Skipper said:

The bare minimum is that he knew that it existed and he didn't stop it.  That's the same thing that got AJ Hinch fired.  Reality is most likely that he was actively involved in the scheme.

Edited by kevwun

26 minutes ago, Skipper said:

I'm going to be surprised if there is any documentation linking Harbaugh directly.  The old "don't ask don't tell" scheme. 

There isn’t, and there doesn’t need to be.  His contract says he’s responsible for everything that happens under his watch.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Parliament said:

There isn’t, and there doesn’t need to be.  His contract says he’s responsible for everything that happens under his watch.

I tend to agree with this.  I don't think Harbaugh survives this in any event and is probably coaching in the NFL next year. But there is still a big difference between failure to monitor and direct involvement in the scheme.  I mean look, I think we can all say at an absolute minimum the entire staff knew this guy was up to something because there is no way you can be that good at stealing signals based on TV broadcasts.  But if there is documentation that takes it to the next level (i.e., direct Michigan reimbursement of these expenses or direct coaching staff involvement implementing the scheme) that is what will take this to a different level.  Michigan will probably be forced to turn over reimbursement records and text message data.  That is where things will get interesting.    

Here's what I don't get- if I'm OSU or another opponent that knows signs are being stolen, I'd flip that to my advantage.  Not only completely change, but change them to the exact opposite.  The sign for 4 verts is now belly dive, etc.  I know it's not quite that easy, but seems like this could easily be turned around on Michigan- think Leach in the 2000 TX/OU game.  

Lol with the "lone wolf" stuff. So are we to believe that on his own he was paying people to go tape other schools and then using that to decipher signals, but also next to the DC on game day and leading the DC to think he was able to figure them out on game day in real time?

2 minutes ago, Not a cat said:

Here's what I don't get- if I'm OSU or another opponent that knows signs are being stolen, I'd flip that to my advantage.  Not only completely change, but change them to the exact opposite.  The sign for 4 verts is now belly dive, etc.  I know it's not quite that easy, but seems like this could easily be turned around on Michigan- think Leach in the 2000 TX/OU game.  

Speaking of Leach; Stoops chimed in:

F9TD0CQXoAMmBd2?format=png&name=900x900

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Lol with the "lone wolf" stuff. So are we to believe that on his own he was paying people to go tape other schools and then using that to decipher signals, but also next to the DC on game day and leading the DC to think he was able to figure them out on game day in real time?

He had printouts of the the opposing team's signal guy giving the signs and what they meant.  They knew he was working on it a head of time.

• Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, Not a cat said:

100% like if Ohio State and Schiano knew about this. They really dropped the ball. They could have sat on it for 4 more weeks and then just shit all over this. And then came our after the game and broke all these news and they make it like the last 2 years never happened. 

Just now, Juicy said:

100% like if Ohio State and Schiano knew about this. They really dropped the ball. They could have sat on it for 4 more weeks and then just shit all over this. And then came our after the game and broke all these news and they make it like the last 2 years never happened. 

18-22 year olds fuck up plays every damn week.  I can't imagine what it would look like attempting to flip your entire system the week of.

• Hook 'Em 1

Also secretly changing the signals would only work for 1-2 plays until Michigan figures out what happened.  They won't know the play going forward sure, but they're not going to keep using the signal sheets because they'll know they were changed immediately.  You could only really burn them on them once.

Edited by kevwun

14 minutes ago, Not a cat said:

Changing the signs for an entire playbook is a lotta work, and adding another layer by trying to weaponize is just too much for amateur athletes with limited practice time to master.  And all based on the suspicion (at the time) that it was happening.

4 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Also secretly changing the signals would only work for 1-2 plays until Michigan figures out what happened.  They won't know the play going forward sure, but they're not going to keep using the signal sheets because they'll know they were changed immediately.

Sure, but if on the first drive they have 8 in the box on a run blitz and you have the play action deep touchdown play called, I'd think that would help immensely.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Not a cat said:

Hell, just change out who's the live caller for certain drives.  I admit I'm getting us off track, and I'm in no way condoning what they did, just pointing out what I would try if I were an opponent with this info 

Or perhaps because they have so much film / data they've cracked the alternate versions of the play calls.  Other teams would have to have a unique un-used signal pattern AND knowledge that they needed to use the special calls.   Other teams had no idea that Michigan's cheating was so rampant and sustained over the course of the season.

11 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I've always generally liked Harbaugh. I guess mostly because of the work he did at Stanford and the post game midfield meeting between him and Carroll after one of the greatest upsets of all time. I'd heard the stories for years about him having improper contact with players with impunity. Folks around the sport have always said that he has a reckless disregard for the rules. 

That all considered, I'm looking at the recent stuff with this guy and I'm asking myself, "how is this guy any different from Barry Switzer and other cheating assholes?" Recruiting during the pandemic dead period is despicable. It helped get Herm Edwards fired and it solidified what a shitheel Jimbo Fisher is. Running a signal codebreaking program to subterfuge the opponents' gameplan and playcalls is worse than any other kind of cheating, including buying players before NIL. 

The guy is a piece of shit. I know he's not a suspected pedophile like Ryan Day, but he seems like a terrible person actively destroying the integrity of the game we love. Fuck him and I hope he gets unceremoniously thrown out on his ass.

Fuck, was nodding along right up to Ryan Day pedophile.  Lol

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

You guys that are in the know:  How much do you figure UT spends on security to keep from being spied on?  I have to wonder how long they've been sweeping offices for bugs since at least Switzer, Lacewell and Spygate?

I think anyone capable of answering that would be insane to answer that. I'm also betting there is no sweeping for bugs inside any of these programs, Texas or otherwise. Maybe I'm being naive, but it seems farfetched. 

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I think anyone capable of answering that would be insane to answer that. I'm also betting there is no sweeping for bugs inside any of these programs, Texas or otherwise. Maybe I'm being naive, but it seems farfetched. 

Tom Cruise GIF

Now I cant stop thinking Venables is breaking into Sarks office like this

• Haha 7

• immamac changed the title to Jim Harbaugh NO LONGER coaches at Michigan