Jim Harbaugh NO LONGER coaches at Michigan

Parliament

1 minute ago, 4th&Five said:

Not sure Michigan fans have grasped this yet. To college football fans their program is dirty as fuck now. That doesn’t wash off quickly or easily. Ask SMU and Baylor. 

Well maybe if they had Lava they could get it off

• Haha 3

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Parliament said:

Surly thinks Coach Day looks like a pedo.  I don't cohort with pedo's so I can't agree/disagree.  I'll just defer to the pedophile experts here and I think you should as well.  All in good fun.

Some things don't require extensive experience, just common sense and a pair of eyes. You don't really have to dig too deep or overthink things.

image.jpeg.92498c2d84edfae179e3e23d28420eaa.jpeg

That guy? That guy up there?

I know the squealers... on Make a GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4
  • Rage+1 1

8 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Not sure Michigan fans have grasped this yet. To college football fans their program is dirty as fuck now. That doesn’t wash off quickly or easily. Ask SMU and Baylor. 

I agree with the point, but I also think it goes beyond football and is relevant at an institutional level. 

Michigan has always carried a pompous, patrician, condescending air about it as an institution and as an alumni base. We should know. Michigan is the northern version of Texas and vice versa. 

There comes a point when defending Harbaugh and his staff has a higher cost than losing football games. Everyday, more shit is coming to light and it's all anyone in college media and social media is talking about right now. Michigan is being mocked and ridiculed and there is no moral high ground upon which to stand.

At some point, Warde Manuel and Santa Ono are going to have trouble looking anyone externally in the eye with a straight face and that will also be flowing downward through that alumni base. Maybe not the mouthbreathing idiots like Juicy, but those with a shred of perspective and self-respect. 

• Hook 'Em 5

11 hours ago, CastHorn said:

The NCAAs not going to do shit. Joe Brady was pretty vocal about Brent Venables on his way out of LSU, nothing ever came of it. Brent has a reputation of it. Hell, his defenders were flat footed in the Cotton Bowl sitting on routes in the first half a couple weeks ago.

Everyone does it without filming.  Filming then sitting there matching up signs AND having the guy blatantly next to your coaches pointing shit out on a diagram is completely different - as a million people have said on here and elsewhere.  

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

What blows my mind is that the Stalions guy hasn't just been outright fired. That no one on staff has been suspended. Michigan is coming across as pretty brazen while this builds. 

I think they’re trying to figure out how to fire him while untangling the staff members they don’t want to throw under the bus. They’re building their plausible deniability defense and destroying evidence, essentially. 

• Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Never thought the SEC would be able to claim the high ground on anything morally but holy shit the last decade or so for the B1G is brutal.  Holier than thou Tommy Osborne would be a proud sumbitch to have his Huskers keeping such esteemed company.  

Baylor should go to the BIG

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

What blows my mind is that the Stalions guy hasn't just been outright fired. That no one on staff has been suspended. Michigan is coming across as pretty brazen while this builds. 

I believe they suspended Stalions as soon as this became public.

It's a bye week for them, so couldn't they easily have suspended some others and just not made it public?

5 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I think they’re trying to figure out how to fire him while untangling the staff members they don’t want to throw under the bus. They’re building their plausible deniability defense and destroying evidence, essentially. 

The Washington Post story counters that premise, though. Someone from the inside, on top of the collaboration from the other schools and the visual evidence, has been feeding information externally and tying it to multiple coaches and staff members. If they try to go the "it was a lone wolf" approach, there appears to be a mountain of evidence indicating otherwise and the peril then is lying about it to the conference and NCAA and them being able to prove as much.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

1 minute ago, Tex Pete said:

It's a disaster as far as a personnel standpoint. They floated the trial balloon of crazy obsessed Michigan man that was rogue and nobody did anything wrong and the Washington Post shit all over that narrative before it ever had a chance of taking hold.  So if they fire him alone now, it looks like they are trying to cover it up (which they are). But they can't fire everyone who knew either because it is pretty obvious that is just about everyone.

Better approach is exactly what they are doing of suspending him pending an investigation and playing a wait-and-see what real info that the B10 and the NCAA actually have and hope like hell they can stall till the off season. And on the off chance that they lose a game, then have a list of people to fire and beg for forgiveness in season to hopefully mitigate the punishments to the program.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, gatormarc said:

It's a bye week for them, so couldn't they easily have suspended some others and just not made it public?

Well he did say it was surprising that he hasn't been outright fired, which is obviously different than being suspended.

The whole point in talking about how michigan is coming across as brazen is about public perception, so there would be no point whatsoever in suspending coaches in secret. The point is to let the world know you're "doing the right thing".

Why would they hamstring their preparations for the next game by suspending coaches and then not immediately tell everyone?  

4 minutes ago, gatormarc said:

Suspended with pay, and that's only after being shown indisputable data. It comes across as though he's being kept on the payroll in an effort to keep everything quiet. New shit keeps coming to light that could make that moot though.

18 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Everyone does it without filming.  Filming then sitting there matching up signs AND having the guy blatantly next to your coaches pointing shit out on a diagram is completely different - as a million people have said on here and elsewhere.  

That’s the thing though. It’s against the rules for a school to send staff to scout other teams in person. There’s no NCAA rule against purchasing video of a future opponent from a 3rd party, even in person video from a game. There used to be but it was removed from the rulebook in 2013.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Helobious said:

That’s the thing though. It’s against the rules for a school to send staff to scout other teams in person. There’s no NCAA rule against purchasing video of a future opponent from a 3rd party, even in person video from a game. There used to be but it was removed from the rulebook in 2013.

It's not a third party when their own staff is funding the operation of obtaining the films.

• Hook 'Em 5

9 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Suspended with pay, and that's only after being shown indisputable data. It comes across as though he's being kept on the payroll in an effort to keep everything quiet. New shit keeps coming to light that could make that moot though.

This right here. You want to keep the guy that probably has texts and emails implicating god knows who in the coaching staff and/or AD happy. Especially if he was directed by said individuals to share information with other teams.

You don't fire that guy until you are certain he's been made the happiest Wolverine fan he can be.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, YouLoveMyPenises said:

This right here. You want to keep the guy that probably has texts and emails implicating god knows who in the coaching staff and/or AD happy. Especially if he was directed by said individuals to share information with other teams.

You don't fire that guy until you are certain he's been made the happiest Wolverine fan he can be.

100% this. You always take care of the guy who knows where the bodies are burried

10 minutes ago, Wilcox Cummingtonite said:

So not only do you have Michigan fucking around and providing themselves an unfair advantage (which I might add would increase the likelihood of a B10 school making the CFP) you now have them manipulating who could get into the CFP from other conferences….

Not a huge deal with the SEC because they generally get one, but what about keeping a team out due to potential matchups for Michigan and that now knocks an entire conference out of the CFP….

And I would also like to note that the DC at SC, if true, is gone…. Ain’t no way the SEC will let this type of contagion hop over to their playground. My guess is he is suspended (with pay of course) today…

Edited by Laxtonto

1 minute ago, Laxtonto said:

So not only do you have Michigan fucking around and providing themselves an unfair advantage (which I might add would increase the likelihood of a B10 school making the CFP) you now have them manipulating who could get into the CFP from other conferences….

Not a huge deal with the SEC because they generally get one, but what about keeping a team out due to potential matchups for Michigan and that now knocks an entire conference out of the CFP….

And I would also like to note that the DC at SC, if true, is gone…. Ain’t no way the SEC will let this type of contagion hop over to their playground. My guess is he is suspended (with pay of course) today…

I hope that Tennessee stuff is true because that will only make the NCAA legit blow up Michigan.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

It's not a third party when their own staff is funding the operation of obtaining the films.

It's not really about who pays, but whether the folks paying should reasonably know what's going on.  A common corporate tactic for doing shady shit (bribes for gov't officials, price fixing, etc.) is to pay a 3rd party to do your dirty work and be smart about the paper trail (money passes hands to a BD consultant for non-specific tasks, etc.).  If done well, it can be hard to pin something back on the company.  That said, these coaches and athletic administrators are obviously not the sharpest knives in the drawer.  The fact that they employed this guy (and possibly directly reimbursed tickets and travel) and put him on the sidelines instead of keeping an arms-length relationship is beyond dumb.  I'm sure UM is trying to construct a story that they didn't how the guy was getting the signs, but good luck with that.   

35 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The Washington Post story counters that premise, though. Someone from the inside, on top of the collaboration from the other schools and the visual evidence, has been feeding information externally and tying it to multiple coaches and staff members. If they try to go the "it was a lone wolf" approach, there appears to be a mountain of evidence indicating otherwise and the peril then is lying about it to the conference and NCAA and them being able to prove as much.

I am not saying they'll be successful. I just think they are trying to figure out how to isolate the damage.

Don't say anything else while you're assessing what the outside world actually knows then minimize accordingly. 

13 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

The DC could probably make a decent case that he didn't know how the signs were obtained.  Is it illegal for a UM coach to give a SC coach some info on signs that were obtained within the rules (as far as the SC coach knows)?  It all sounds wrong, but wrong and against the rules aren't always the same thing.  

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

"It takes a lifetime to build a good reputation, but you can lose it in a minute." - Will Rogers

1 minute ago, blutow said:

The DC could probably make a decent case that he didn't know how the signs were obtained.  Is it illegal for a UM coach to give a SC coach some info on signs that were obtained within the rules (as far as the SC coach knows)?  It all sounds wrong, but wrong and against the rules aren't always the same thing.  

I would think the head coaches and coordinators would want to know how the signs were obtained before trusting the intel was worth enough of a shit to use in a game.  That's just me though.

1 minute ago, Frank Drebin said:

I would think the head coaches and coordinators would want to know how the signs were obtained before trusting the intel was worth enough of a shit to use in a game.  That's just me though.

Oh, I'm sure the SC DC knew how the signs were obtained, but there may not be a paper trail that proves that he knew.  So, if SC thinks he's a good OC, he probably keeps his job because they say he didn't know.  If they are looking for any reason to get rid of him, they fire him because he should have asked/known and SC is such an ethical school and all the crap.     

• immamac changed the title to Jim Harbaugh NO LONGER coaches at Michigan