Jim Harbaugh NO LONGER coaches at Michigan

Parliament

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Deej said:

So, someone is hacking into your computers and illegally videotaping your games and it's illegal to hire an investigator to find out who it is? 

Ok, Michigan. What a bunch of pussies. No wonder Juicy is such a shill for them. 

That went through my mind as well. Doesn’t seem to make sense.

7 hours ago, Deej said:

Sir, I will have you know everyone is still waiting on the results of the data dump. 

That dummy later sheepishly (HA!) admitted that everything he found in his “scraping analysis” was incriminating to Manziel and he found nothing on VY or anyone else. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Michigan’s Connor Stalions resigns, says neither Harbaugh nor team ‘were aware of improper conduct’

PISCATAWAY, NJ - NOVEMBER 05: A general view of a Michigan Wolverines helmet prior to the college football game against the Rutgers Scarlet Knights on November 5, 2022 at SHI Stadium in Piscataway, New Jersey.  (Photo by Rich Graessle/Icon Sportswire via Getty Images)

By Nicole Auerbach, Austin Meek, Katie Strang and Bruce Feldman

University of Michigan staffer Connor Stalions has resigned, a school spokesperson said Friday. He had refused to cooperate with any internal or external investigations or discussions, a school source told The Athletic.

Stalions, who was initially suspended with pay by Michigan on Oct. 20, is at the center of the NCAA’s investigation into an alleged scouting and sign-stealing scheme. Stalions bought tickets to games in at least seven Big Ten stadiums before those teams played the Wolverines over the past three seasons, including the 2023 season, sources told The Athletic earlier this month. Purchasing the tickets is not a violation of NCAA rules, but using them to scout and record other teams would violate the rules prohibiting in-person, on-campus scouting and the audio or video recording of signals.

Stalions’ attorney, Brad Beckworth of Nix Patterson, told The Athletic on Friday that earlier reports of Stalions being fired were false, and that “Connor is thankful the University corrected that false narrative tonight.”

“As he informed the school earlier today, Connor chose to resign because recent stories regarding his time with the University of Michigan have created a distraction for the team,” Beckworth said. “He hopes his resignation will help the team and coaching staff focus on tomorrow’s game and the remainder of the season. Connor also wants to make it clear that, to his knowledge, neither Coach Harbaugh, nor any other coach or staff member, told anyone to break any rules or were aware of improper conduct regarding the recent allegations of advanced scouting.”

In his own statement provided to The Athletic, Stalions said, “I love the University of Michigan and its football program.”

“And I am extremely grateful for the opportunity I’ve had to work with the incredible student athletes, coach Harbaugh and the other coaches that have been a part of the Michigan football family during my tenure,” Stalions said. “I do not want to be a distraction from what I hope to be a championship run for the team, and I will continue to cheer them on.”

Friday’s news comes days after screenshots of a person who looks similar to Stalions was seen on the Central Michigan sideline during the team’s game against Michigan Statebegan circulating online Monday night. The Athletic obtained more photos of the person on the sideline Tuesday, and CMU announced it was investigating whether Stalions was indeed on its sideline in CMU apparel for the Sept. 1 game against the Spartans. If the man on the CMU sidelines is indeed Stalions, this would be the first known example of him attending the game of a Michigan opponent in person weeks before the opponent played the Wolverines.

“We obviously are aware of a picture floating around with the sign-stealer guy,” CMU coach Jim McElwain said Tuesday night after CMU’s game against Northern Illinois. “Our people are doing everything they can to get to the bottom of it. We’re totally unaware of it. I certainly don’t condone it in any way, shape or form. I do know his name was on none of the passes that were let out. We keep tracing it back and tracing it back and try to figure it out. It’s in good hands with our people. Again, there’s no place in football for that.”

Frustration within the Big Ten conference has been mounting in the days and weeks since the initial NCAA investigation into Michigan broke. The league’s coaches and athletic directors have both met with Big Ten commissioner Tony Petitti this week to vent and urge Petitti to take action against the Wolverines amid evidence of the scouting and sign-stealing scheme. Petitti does have the ability to issue punishment under the Big Ten’s sportsmanship policy, but he has told administrators and coaches previously he wants to let the investigative process play out, which includes giving Michigan a chance to respond to the NCAA’s findings.

Officials at the other 13 Big Ten schools believe Petitti has enough information — tickets purchased by Stalions to games in Big Ten opponents’ stadiums and in-stadium surveillance footage showing people in those seats filming the sidelines — to act now.

“What’s crazy is they weren’t allegations. It happened. There’s video evidence,” Purduecoach Ryan Walters said Thursday on his radio show. “There’s ticket purchases and sales that you can track back. We know for a fact that they were at a number of our games, so we’ve had to teach our guys a new language in terms of some signals.”

The Boilermakers face the Wolverines on Saturday night.

https://theathletic.com/5029590/2023/11/03/michigan-fires-connor-stalions/

Edited by MrBig

19 minutes ago, MrBig said:

Michigan’s Connor Stalions resigns, says neither Harbaugh nor team ‘were aware of improper conduct’

PISCATAWAY, NJ - NOVEMBER 05: A general view of a Michigan Wolverines helmet prior to the college football game against the Rutgers Scarlet Knights on November 5, 2022 at SHI Stadium in Piscataway, New Jersey.  (Photo by Rich Graessle/Icon Sportswire via Getty Images)

By Nicole Auerbach, Austin Meek, Katie Strang and Bruce Feldman

University of Michigan staffer Connor Stalions has resigned, a school spokesperson said Friday. He had refused to cooperate with any internal or external investigations or discussions, a school source told The Athletic.

Stalions, who was initially suspended with pay by Michigan on Oct. 20, is at the center of the NCAA’s investigation into an alleged scouting and sign-stealing scheme. Stalions bought tickets to games in at least seven Big Ten stadiums before those teams played the Wolverines over the past three seasons, including the 2023 season, sources told The Athletic earlier this month. Purchasing the tickets is not a violation of NCAA rules, but using them to scout and record other teams would violate the rules prohibiting in-person, on-campus scouting and the audio or video recording of signals.

Stalions’ attorney, Brad Beckworth of Nix Patterson, told The Athletic on Friday that earlier reports of Stalions being fired were false, and that “Connor is thankful the University corrected that false narrative tonight.”

“As he informed the school earlier today, Connor chose to resign because recent stories regarding his time with the University of Michigan have created a distraction for the team,” Beckworth said. “He hopes his resignation will help the team and coaching staff focus on tomorrow’s game and the remainder of the season. Connor also wants to make it clear that, to his knowledge, neither Coach Harbaugh, nor any other coach or staff member, told anyone to break any rules or were aware of improper conduct regarding the recent allegations of advanced scouting.”

In his own statement provided to The Athletic, Stalions said, “I love the University of Michigan and its football program.”

“And I am extremely grateful for the opportunity I’ve had to work with the incredible student athletes, coach Harbaugh and the other coaches that have been a part of the Michigan football family during my tenure,” Stalions said. “I do not want to be a distraction from what I hope to be a championship run for the team, and I will continue to cheer them on.”

Friday’s news comes days after screenshots of a person who looks similar to Stalions was seen on the Central Michigan sideline during the team’s game against Michigan Statebegan circulating online Monday night. The Athletic obtained more photos of the person on the sideline Tuesday, and CMU announced it was investigating whether Stalions was indeed on its sideline in CMU apparel for the Sept. 1 game against the Spartans. If the man on the CMU sidelines is indeed Stalions, this would be the first known example of him attending the game of a Michigan opponent in person weeks before the opponent played the Wolverines.

“We obviously are aware of a picture floating around with the sign-stealer guy,” CMU coach Jim McElwain said Tuesday night after CMU’s game against Northern Illinois. “Our people are doing everything they can to get to the bottom of it. We’re totally unaware of it. I certainly don’t condone it in any way, shape or form. I do know his name was on none of the passes that were let out. We keep tracing it back and tracing it back and try to figure it out. It’s in good hands with our people. Again, there’s no place in football for that.”

Frustration within the Big Ten conference has been mounting in the days and weeks since the initial NCAA investigation into Michigan broke. The league’s coaches and athletic directors have both met with Big Ten commissioner Tony Petitti this week to vent and urge Petitti to take action against the Wolverines amid evidence of the scouting and sign-stealing scheme. Petitti does have the ability to issue punishment under the Big Ten’s sportsmanship policy, but he has told administrators and coaches previously he wants to let the investigative process play out, which includes giving Michigan a chance to respond to the NCAA’s findings.

Officials at the other 13 Big Ten schools believe Petitti has enough information — tickets purchased by Stalions to games in Big Ten opponents’ stadiums and in-stadium surveillance footage showing people in those seats filming the sidelines — to act now.

“What’s crazy is they weren’t allegations. It happened. There’s video evidence,” Purduecoach Ryan Walters said Thursday on his radio show. “There’s ticket purchases and sales that you can track back. We know for a fact that they were at a number of our games, so we’ve had to teach our guys a new language in terms of some signals.”

The Boilermakers face the Wolverines on Saturday night.

https://theathletic.com/5029590/2023/11/03/michigan-fires-connor-stalions/

Schitts Creek Reaction GIF by CBC

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

This is the most interesting scandal I can recall in college football history, especially because there's so much potentially at stake this season. And it's moving so fast, we're only 2 weeks in.

If UM admin is going into a meeting with B10 staff and coming away flabbergasted at how much evidence they've piled up, it seems like they're either incompetent or not taking this seriously at all. Not only are they not reading the news, they're also not doing any due diligence themselves.

• Hook 'Em 8

2 minutes ago, Victor R. Franko said:

Watching the Game Day talking heads say how Michigan is a great team regardless of maybe cheating.

I guess we may or may not ever know.......BECAUSE THEY CHEAT!

I’m surprised Herbie is like, “I wish this could all go away because this is a great team.” Like WTF. He’s such an Ohio State homer and he’s trying to sweep it under the rug. Very strange. 

8 minutes ago, Victor R. Franko said:

Watching the Game Day talking heads say how Michigan is a great team regardless of maybe cheating.

I guess we may or may not ever know.......BECAUSE THEY CHEAT!

I also wanted to mention.....Does Stalions resigning vs. being fired have a taint to it.  If Michigan fires him, does that imply they have evidence or know something? At least it might with perception. With Stalions specifing he resigns instead of being fired, all came keep up the facade as they know Nuthink! (Sgt. Schulz)

10 hours ago, Chopper said:

If UM admin is going into a meeting with B10 staff and coming away flabbergasted at how much evidence they've piled up, it seems like they're either incompetent or not taking this seriously at all. Not only are they not reading the news, they're also not doing any due diligence themselves.

How can you have plausible deniability if you exercise due diligence?

• Hook 'Em 2

10 hours ago, Chopper said:

UM Admin:

Baddie GIF by Giphy QA

13 hours ago, locodos said:

If they actually do anything discipline wise to Michigan, Stalions is showing up to NCAA HQ in Indianapolis with a U-Haul full of ammonium nitrate and diesel, calling it right now.

55 minutes ago, MrBig said:

I’m surprised Herbie is like, “I wish this could all go away because this is a great team.” Like WTF. He’s such an Ohio State homer and he’s trying to sweep it under the rug. Very strange. 

Not to mention NO mention of the Yood pedo scandal and NO mention of the ongoing FBI investigation. Sign stealing may be the least of their infractions🤣.

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Evil Bill Obrien said:

If they actually do anything discipline wise to Michigan, Stalions is showing up to NCAA HQ in Indianapolis with a U-Haul full of ammonium nitrate and diesel, calling it right now.

He'd initiate a plan to take over the ncaa hq but he'd accidentally leave his 2nd walkie-talkie in his car, along with his detailed plans, and a reminder to himself that if Jim H. calls him and gives him the super secret code word that he would come out with his hands up.

• Haha 2

B1G commish asked UofM to suspend Harbaugh for 2 games. Michigan declined saying they wanted due process and to let the investigation play out. Apparently that was a bad idea.

9.95 info. Not mine.

According to my source, Harbaugh will be suspended indefinitely on Monday. The university is preparing a lawsuit against the conference and asking for an immediate stay on the suspension. Grounds for the suit are violation of conference rules on investigations and irreparable harm from the timing of the suspension. My source works for the law firm representing UM in this case. The firm is working this weekend to determine whether to file the suit in local, state, or federal court as reaction time is critical.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Juicy said:

B1G commish asked UofM to suspend Harbaugh for 2 games. Michigan declined saying they wanted due process and to let the investigation play out. Apparently that was a bad idea.

9.95 info. Not mine.

According to my source, Harbaugh will be suspended indefinitely on Monday. The university is preparing a lawsuit against the conference and asking for an immediate stay on the suspension. Grounds for the suit are violation of conference rules on investigations and irreparable harm from the timing of the suspension. My source works for the law firm representing UM in this case. The firm is working this weekend to determine whether to file the suit in local, state, or federal court as reaction time is critical.

This is you?

Edit: My bad, I missed where you said it was 9:95 info.

Edited by UTEE97
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

This is you?

7 hours ago, Juicy said:

9.95 info. Not mine.

spacer.png

“Every coach, every executive, every leader: They all know right from wrong. When someone uncovers a scandal in their company, I don't think they can say, "I didn't know that was going on." They're just saying they're too dumb to do their job! And if they really are too dumb, then why are they getting paid millions of dollars to do it? They know what's going on.”  Bo Schembechler

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

6 hours ago, UTEE97 said:

This is you?

Edit: My bad, I missed where you said it was 9:95 info.

It would be awesome for college football fans if Michigan does sue and tries to fight this.

As shitty as Harbaugh and Michigan have done covering this up, depositions and reams of digital evidence are going to be hilarious. 

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, Stunns38 said:

I fully expect a suspended Harbaugh to show up in a bad disguise like that Mets skipper this weekend. Half kidding as he gives no fucks.

there is literally nothing the NCAA can do to Harbaugh that sticks. 

At worst they give him a show cause order for 10 years.... which just means that he cant coach in the NCAA for 10 years.  By NFL rules he's in the clear, and some team will give him a 4 or 5 year contract. 

20 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

At worst they give him a show cause order for 10 years.... which just means that he cant coach in the NCAA for 10 years.  By NFL rules he's in the clear, and some team will give him a 4 or 5 year contract. 

The NFL has suggested they'll respect an NCAA show cause.  I doubt that, but it's out there.

3 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

I’m not going to lie. I am going to root like hell for dirty Michigan to skull-fuck evil State Pen this coming Saturday.

I can never root for the GodPaCult.

Lone Shooter!

1 hour ago, Parliament said:

The NFL has suggested they'll respect an NCAA show cause.  I doubt that, but it's out there.

We can shown cause; We're the Pats.

Most recent $9.95 update. 

• UM and BIG met "for hours" yesterday
  • The BIG is not backing down. 
  • UM was going to fight a two game suspension...but the BIG wants blood...indefinite suspension
  • UM does believe they would win in court and without giving too much detail, UM seems loaded for bear...this is not your grandpas UM
  • Not just stopping with an injunction if it comes to that...they will be aggressive using all legal means necessary. 
  • There is full support for JMFH 
  • They "may" consider a 2 game suspension if Harbaugh was 100% going to be there for OSU and 2 games would appease the mob...but even then...they really were leaning towards fighting that. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Leanderman said:

Death penalty please.

Michigan ain’t getting the death penalty. They could have a coach literally raping little boys on campus and their legendary head coach covering it up, and the NCAA wouldn’t have the balls to give them the death penalty.

they could have a HC and admin covering up gang rapes by the football team and they wouldn’t get the death penalty.

Edited by lilMAC25
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

I feel the same about this as I do about sign stealing in baseball or any sport. It makes no sense for this to be illegal. One team can communicate with secret signals but the other team can't try to figure out the system? So stupid. You can watch hours and hours of video of players from dozens of angles but you can't watch the coaches? So stupid.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 10

5 minutes ago, SilasCoade said:

I feel the same about this as I do about sign stealing in baseball or any sport. It makes no sense for this to be illegal. One team can communicate with secret signals but the other team can't try to figure out the system? So stupid. You can watch hours and hours of video of players from dozens of angles but you can't watch the coaches? So stupid.

Then why did they even bother with firing Stalions?

On second thought, this one is on me for even taking that paragraph seriously. My bad for addressing any of that. You laid on your back, pulled your knees to your chest, held a lighter to your ass, lit your flatulence, and here i am giving it a serious performance review. Again, my bad. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 6

• immamac changed the title to Jim Harbaugh NO LONGER coaches at Michigan