Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

Can't wait to see some of our 3* commits end up a 4* in the end.  Think somebody said Goosby has a good shot to move up and I could see Walton going from his current 5.6 Rivals rating to 5.7/5.8, amd Shannon should be a 4* regardless.

Edited by Elmer_Fudd

On 6/26/2022 at 8:38 PM, Elmer_Fudd said:

Cojoe and Stroh should see some incoming BOMC soon.  Shannon should be a 4* regardless IMO.

5 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Can't wait to see some of our 3* commits end up a 4* in the end.  Think somebody said Goosby has a good shot to move up and I could see Walton going from his current 5.6 Rivals rating to 5.7/5.8, amd Shannon should be a 4* regardless.

You could say that again.

2 hours ago, Leanderman said:

Always been a Blacks BBQ man myself. I am not much for beef ribs, but damn they make some good ones.

They very much do. Pinkertons is also great but I’m biased

44 minutes ago, Speedway said:

Texas BBQ

Best BBQ Beef brisket - Franklin's (Austin)

Best BBQ Pork Ribs - Salt Lick (Driftwood)

Best BBQ Chicken - Salt Lick (Driftwood)

Best Sausage (Pork & Venison) - Chapell Hill Sausage Co. (Chapell Hill, TX.)

Best Beef Ribs - Blacks (Lockhart)

Best Smoked Turkey Breast - Kreuz Market (Lockhart)

Best Smoked Ham - Kreuz Market (Lockhart)

Best Prime Rib - Cooper's (Llano)

Best Pork Chop - Cooper's (Llano)

Best Beef Sirloin - Cooper's (Llano)

Best Pinto Beans - Cooper's (Llano)

Best BBQ Sauce - Ausin's Own Original (H-E-B) no kidding, try it and see

Best Desert - Blackberry or Peach Cobbler OR Pecan Pie - Salt Lick (Driftwood)

Bon Appétit

Normally I’d say that I found the Futureman sock but even he wouldn’t stoop this low..salt lick, really?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 6

Just now, immamac said:

We are in peak recruiting commit season knock it off with the off topic stuff. It's funny when there is nothing going on and people are restless it's bullshit when the thread is already moving quickly with real info/discussion. 

Next off topic post gets a day off. 

But what if we bring it back to chicken fried steak…? Worked last time

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

4 minutes ago, immamac said:

We are in peak recruiting commit season knock it off with the off topic stuff. It's funny when there is nothing going on and people are restless it's bullshit when the thread is already moving quickly with real info/discussion. 

Fuck em up

Edited by Post Oak

7 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Wells says no visit scheduled with Hale - just communication at this point.

Was waiting for this. Spiegelman doesn’t seem like a scoop merchant, but a low % crystal ball on a guy that’s never had more than “use them to beef up my commitment graphic” level interest in us seemed like a big leap

5 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Texas: "They've got a great environment, great tradition and it's a great school. Coach Joey Thomas, his son plays for Heir (Academy) so I've been around him a lot and have great relationship with him."

3 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

The only name he dropped from Texas was a defensive analyst. Yeah he's not coming here. 

10 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

I will when he commits to OU or goes the Quay Davis route

Here's the problem: Cook and Manning are all over trying to get the guy to Texas. Someone should let them know if the staff doesn't want him. Bama and UGa may not be dying to take Hale, so if Texas is interested, they might have the best shot.

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Here's the problem: Cook and Manning are all over trying to get the guy to Texas. Someone should let them know if the staff doesn't want him. Bama and UGa may not be dying to take Hale, so if Texas is interested, they might have the best shot.

Well then I def won’t share the story lol. Like I said, we did take Hall so maybe we are more SEC ready than I thought 

10 hours ago, Codaxx said:

I am not sure they are ready to take commits from guys like Samu and Elijah Davis that both have reported offers. 

Haven't heard his name mentioned at all, but I'm betting a JUCO guy with all the big SEC offers + Florida schools is a for sure take.  Actually wish Bo could work some magic here.

• Hook 'Em 1

50 minutes ago, immamac said:

It’s not funny then either.

• Haha 1