Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

2 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

With 2 polys in the boat, maybe we circle back to the giant NT samu?

going to go way our and say no thanks. i assume he is going to get processed at this point as he's like the 4th lowest commit in A&M's class, just ahead of Chantz Johnson and just behind Rylan Kennedy.

https://247sports.com/player/samu-taumanupepe-46114144/

Edited by NoName

3 minutes ago, NoName said:

looking at unsigned offers that are at least in the top like 750 overall

• Jeremiah Cobb, RB, committed to Auburn
  • Moore at WR
  • Ja'Kobi Lane at WR (sounds like he is out though)
  • some WR named Cayden Lee from Georgia?
  • Duce Robinson
  • Walker Lyons, TE (decommitted from Stanford 11/28, assuming we are not going after any more TEs)

well, I was planning on looking at the rest of the positions but the 247 website is bugged around showing players when you expand other positions they by default hide. nice one 247. i doubt it is a QB, WR, RB or TE at this point but we knew that based on class and roster makeup anyway so that sucks. tried a few browsers

here is the link - https://247sports.com/college/texas/Season/2023-Football/Offers/

example: missing the signed checkmark below

image.png.0f019855330387cb9e0575b8f5dbee98.png

i assume this late in the game it would be flips not random commits by uncommitted players but just in case here are uncommitted players with Texas offers not discussed above:

• Ashton Porter, DL from Cy Ranch (57 in TX)
  • some random LBs  that i don't think we are going after (Leviticus Su'a from Mater Dei, #28 in California) some random guy from North Shore thats #94 in TX
  • Mikal Harrison-Pilot is still uncommitted?
  • Desmond Ricks lol #23 overall and a CB
  • Rodrick Pleasant (#86 overall, CB)
  • Tyler Scott - probably Auburn bound at this point

Nycholes Harbor is also uncommitted lol obviously not coming here though

Tyler Scott hasn't signed with Auburn? Maybe we circle back with Moore's NIL. Wouldn't be the craziest thing but I just don't think the staff wanted to generally allocate the resources for him.

1 minute ago, BornAndRaised said:

With 2 polys in the boat, maybe we circle back to the giant NT samu?

Texas didn't want him in the first place, if memory serves. Not sure why he hasn't signed with the aggies yet, in any event. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, NoName said:

going to go way our and say no thanks. i assume he is going to get processed at this point as he's like the 4th lowest commit in the class, between just ahead of Chantz Johnson and just behind Rylan Kennedy.

Yeah, but you can't coach fat... 

1 minute ago, NoName said:

going to go way our and say no thanks. i assume he is going to get processed at this point as he's like the 4th lowest commit in A&M's class, just ahead of Chantz Johnson and just behind Rylan Kennedy.

I agree im not enamored with him. Just spitballing. That and our lack of bodies being signed at DL is the only glaring need.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Tyler Scott hasn't signed with Auburn? Maybe we circle back with Moore's NIL. Wouldn't be the craziest thing but I just don't think the staff wanted to generally allocate the resources for him.

Has not signed or committed as far as I can tell per his IG or Twitter

6 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Rhule showing his ass. What a baby back bitch

He's putting a couple programs on blast for tampering with transfers, which they absolutely have been doing.  If anyone is wondering why the collie emoji is missing, it's because they blew their load last year and couldn't even peel away Austin Novosad from Baylor.  Oregon did.

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Texas didn't want him in the first place, if memory serves. Not sure why he hasn't signed with the aggies yet, in any event. 

Suchomel saying he's hearing positive stuff with Ja'Had Carter and us

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, BornAndRaised said:

Who was that DL out of Florida that was interested because w got Mitchell? I want to say his name was Jordan Davis but I'm not sure anymore. It's not coming up on 247.

only one I remember is Damon Wilson? he committed to UGA today, never took an OV and is #13 overall in the composite.

don't see any other DL/Edge from Florida holding an offer that are uncommitted

3 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Who was that DL out of Florida that was interested because w got Mitchell? I want to say his name was Jordan Davis but I'm not sure anymore. It's not coming up on 247.

Jordan Hall? Says he's committing tomorrow. Don't see it being him but he's the only DLine from Florida besides Damon Wilson I can remember us pursuing really 

Guessing it's Moore/Scott 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, BornAndRaised said:

Is it racist? Seems more xenophobic/islamaphobic than anything. Regardless it was a joke and I'll be dropping jt now. Carry on.

It's definitely Islamophobia, which is the cheeky and fun version of bigotry.  They genocided my ancestors, so I get a pass.

• Hook 'Em 1