The stupidest worst selfish asshole things dumbasses do on the road

wood

On 4/9/2018 at 4:25 PM, Sbbruin said:

That is standard operating procedure out here, along with speeding up when you throw on your blinker to pinch you getting over.  It's gotten to the point I won't use my blinker in traffic.  Don't want to let anyone know my intentions until it's too late.

I've been seeing this behavior more on the highway. I wonder if the California transplants are bringing it over.

Seriously, all of these outsiders moving to the hill country are killing Texas Road Courtesy. People don't offer the courtesy pass as much as they used to do before all of the out if staters moved into the area. Not as many people wave on the road anymore either. Whatever happened to a little hand wave as two trucks pass each other on a small road?

47 minutes ago, The University said:

no fuck those assholes. when someone is way behind you and runs past their merge on your left side, they're shitty ass drivers.

You mean when people use the lane until it ends and then zipper merge like the lanes are intended to be used and like research shows is the most efficient way to merge?  Okay.  

if the lane is disappearing and you're merging before the dashed striping ends, you're doing it wrong.  if you get aggressive about people going past you in a lane that is ending but for which the dashed striping has not yet ended, you're an asshole.  if your idea of beating traffic is riding down an exit ramp and then crossing into the main lane through a solid stripe (bad), the cross-stripped area (worse), or slowing up traffic that is exiting (worser), you're an asshole.  if you're the idiot who, upon entering the exit ramp at 4:30 pm and leaving the main lanes, slows down despite there being no traffic on the ramp, faster traffic on the highway, and faster traffic on the feeder, thereby causing an echo backup in that exit ramp that exists until 7:30 pm, you need to be dragged out of your car, beaten, shot, and then tossed in front of the next 18 wheeler.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The University said:

no fuck those assholes. when someone is way behind you and runs past their merge on your left side, they're shitty ass drivers.

Don't be jealous just because you don't have the sense to maximize the use of a roadway.  I hope you're not one of those assholes that splits the lane divider trying to take up 2 lanes in an attempt to block those of us smart enough to use an empty lane to it's full potential.

17 minutes ago, The University said:

i think some may be confused (or one of the assholes). there is *no* lane left for them. 

why the fuck would it be appropriate to pass on the wrong side of a 2 lane road with a solid yellow stripe because you weren't paying attention to your required merge?

Well, that's completely different and not at all what you originally posted.

50 minutes ago, elfenix said:

if the lane is disappearing and you're merging before the dashed striping ends, you're doing it wrong.  if you get aggressive about people going past you in a lane that is ending but for which the dashed striping has not yet ended, you're an asshole.  if your idea of beating traffic is riding down an exit ramp and then crossing into the main lane through a solid stripe (bad), the cross-stripped area (worse), or slowing up traffic that is exiting (worser), you're an asshole.  if you're the idiot who, upon entering the exit ramp at 4:30 pm and leaving the main lanes, slows down despite there being no traffic on the ramp, faster traffic on the highway, and faster traffic on the feeder, thereby causing an echo backup in that exit ramp that exists until 7:30 pm, you need to be dragged out of your car, beaten, shot, and then tossed in front of the next 18 wheeler.

Yep. Out of rep for the day. Also, if you get in a Mopac toll lane and then promptly go the same speed as the other traffic, or slower,  with cars behind you,  you're definitely a gaping asshole.

Edited by wood

Just now, The University said:

if i did a poor job describing it, my fault.

but if you drive down spicewood springs west of mesa, you probably know of the exact merge location.

I do.  In fact, I drive it every day.  The one time I've seen someone on the wrong side of the yellow stripe is when a person in the right lane got angry, gunned it to block them from merging, and forced them into the other lane.  Was that asshole you?

2 hours ago, Longhornfan1024 said:

I do.  In fact, I drive it every day.  The one time I've seen someone on the wrong side of the yellow stripe is when a person in the right lane got angry, gunned it to block them from merging, and forced them into the other lane.  Was that asshole you?

i don't gun it in situations like that. i'm an asshole for much different reasons.

i'm guessing you might have been that person in the other lane one time, no?

On 4/9/2018 at 4:25 PM, Sbbruin said:

That is standard operating procedure out here, along with speeding up when you throw on your blinker to pinch you getting over.  It's gotten to the point I won't use my blinker in traffic.  Don't want to let anyone know my intentions until it's too late.

This was SOP when I took drivers ed at Sears in Memorial city mall (Houston). Talk about throwing you to the wolves...pull out on I 10 bitch. Now!

I just watch an idiot try to exit the northbound MoPac toll at the last second and cause a huge crash. He or she was trying to get off at the 183/Far West exit and rammed into a car spinning him back into the retaining wall. Not sure what his injuries were, but he hit the wall hard a shit. 

On 4/19/2018 at 11:10 PM, ChickenSandwich said:

This was SOP when I took drivers ed at Sears in Memorial city mall (Houston). Talk about throwing you to the wolves...pull out on I 10 bitch. Now!

i was the only person i knew that didn't take it there.  wish i had.  sears was using stick shift camaros at the time, i think i learned in some saturn POS. 

my big peeve is when there is a right turn lane at an intersection  and you want to get into it, but the car in front of you is not far up enough to give you room to get into it. When I am that car in front going straight, I ALWAYS move up as far as I can when I see someone needs to get into that turn lane. I can't believe there are so many people who are either oblivious or just want to be dickheads.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, po elvis said:

my big peeve is when there is a right turn lane at an intersection  and you want to get into it, but the car in front of you is not far up enough to give you room to get into it. When I am that car in front going straight, I ALWAYS move up as far as I can when I see someone needs to get into that turn lane. I can't believe there are so many people who are either oblivious or just want to be dickheads.

I just automatically move up as far as I can and also move over to the left side of the right lane, so I leave as much room as possible.

Fuck the assholes who just sit there blocking the turn when they have room up ahead and can easily see you sitting there waiting to turn.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, wood said:

I just automatically move up as far as I can and also move over to the left side of the right lane, so I leave as much room as possible.

Fuck the assholes who just sit there blocking the turn when they have room up ahead and can easily see you sitting there waiting to turn.

But they can't see you.  Because they are not aware that anyone else on the planet exists, outside of themselves, and whatever is 10 feet directly in front of their car.

Since I arrived in this town 30 years ago, I have remained amazed that the most oblivious drivers on planet earth all live right here in River City.  It's not that they try to screw you over, it's that it genuinely doesn't even occur to them that someone else might even exist.

• Like 1

for me, it remains to be the person who is absently checking their phone in a green arrow left turn lane and not being ready to fucking go when that arrow turns on. i'm ten cars deep, and i'll only make the arrow if yall paying attention. don't fucking lollygag, either, yall.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, po elvis said:

This and when people wait for the light to turn green when making a right turn (I especially hate it on Anderson Mill and 1437 where there is an extra lane to turn right so there is no way a car could ever be coming).

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 11:03 PM, Papa Johnny Road said:

I've witnessed a similar situation in person.  It gave me much pleasure

9 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

for me, it remains to be the person who is absently checking their phone in a green arrow left turn lane and not being ready to fucking go when that arrow turns on. i'm ten cars deep, and i'll only make the arrow if yall paying attention. don't fucking lollygag, either, yall.

Yesterday I was in the going-straight lane at a red light.  The left turn signal went green, and the car to my left didn't move.

About 5 seconds passed and no one honked.  I looked over and he was staring down at his phone.  I leaned on my horn.  He eventually looked up, looked around, and proceeded to turn left.

I kind of wanted to kill him.  

• Like 1

Southbound 183 to Mopac flyover at 7:00am.  Two lanes.  One on the right for people that want to go southbound, one on the left for people that want to go northbound.  Fuck you if you're one of the people that passes the whole line of people in traffic going southbound by driving as far up the ramp in the northbound lane and then stopping when no one wants to let you merge because we've/they've all been sitting in the traffic.  That's not two lanes merging into one, you fucking assholes.  That's you being a danger to drivers wanting to go northbound by STOPPING in a fucking lane because you couldn't be bothered to wait in traffic like everyone else.  We've all got somewhere to be at the time of day.  Stop thinking your time is more valuable than your fellow drivers and stop being a cunt causing dangerous driving situations on a fucking freeway.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Yesterday I was in the going-straight lane at a red light.  The left turn signal went green, and the car to my left didn't move.

About 5 seconds passed and no one honked.  I looked over and he was staring down at his phone.  I leaned on my horn.  He eventually looked up, looked around, and proceeded to turn left.

I kind of wanted to kill him.  

I did the opposite once.  I was behind a lady eastbound on slaughter from Mopac, and at two consecutive lights before Brodie she had her head down and I had to honk.  We got to Brodie and she was in the left turn lane just ahead and to the left of me as I was going straight. Head down again.  The green light going straight turned and as soon as I started going I honked.  She promptly hit the gas and rear ended the car in front of her.  I laughed the rest of the way home.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

I did the opposite once.  I was behind a lady eastbound on slaughter from Mopac, and at two consecutive lights before Brodie she had her head down and I had to honk.  We got to Brodie and she was in the left turn lane just ahead and to the left of me as I was going straight. Head down again.  The green light going straight turned and as soon as I started going I honked.  She promptly hit the gas and rear ended the car in front of her.  I laughed the rest of the way home.  

You’re a COMPLETE fucking asshole....

....and I kinda approve.

16 hours ago, Celery Man said:

Middle turn lane (like on South Congress, say) - car gets in the middle lane to turn, but not all the way (still obstructing the left lane).  Hey guy - fuck you.

Or the car that starts into the left turn lane and takes half a block or more to fully get into it. Move the fuck over. 

On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 12:43 PM, Beau Vine said:

^^^^^^^^^^

Yep.  Used to be when you were on a rural 2-lane road with shoulders (such as from San Marcos to Luling), slower cars would get over on the shoulders so that other cars could pass them. 

I never see that happen any more.  

Two different drivers saw me do it on 1431 between Marble Falls & Lago Vista last week. And it wasn't easy to find a shoulder to pull over far enough.

I was trying to do 60-65 the whole way, but that road has too damn many dips & curves. Apparently regular users can hit 75 in their Big Dually pickups.

On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 3:24 PM, wood said:

Yep. Out of rep for the day. Also, if you get in a Mopac toll lane and then promptly go the same speed as the other traffic, or slower,  with cars behind you,  you're definitely a gaping asshole.

I like to do 80 on that toll lane, but dayum - some cars roll up behind me. Am a bit uncomfortable doing 90 anywhere on MoPac.

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 1:19 PM, hayden_horn said:

I hate laggers, and there are always an abundance of them in front of me at every light.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

I like to do 80 on that toll lane, but dayum - some cars roll up behind me. Am a bit uncomfortable doing 90 anywhere on MoPac.

80 would be great. I can think of only 1 time I've been able to go 80 in that lane for more than like a mile. More often I'm stuck behind some asswipe going 60.

Was driving in bfe a few weeks ago. Speed limit 70, big pickup going 70, and every time there was a passing lane he'd speed up to 80. I wasn't in too big of a hurry so I just stayed behind him.

Car comes up hauling ass behind me, and the truck does the same thing, speeding up during the stretch of road with the passing lane so the car floors it and gets around him doing 90+. Just as passing lane ends a DPS trooper was coming the other way, flips around and pulls over the car. I'm sure the car would have gotten a ticket anyway with how he was driving, but it was funny how the truck led him into it. I really wish the car hadn't been there and the dps got the truck instead. 

6 minutes ago, blacklab said:

Was driving in bfe a few weeks ago. Speed limit 70, big pickup going 70, and every time there was a passing lane he'd speed up to 80. I wasn't in too big of a hurry so I just stayed behind him.

Car comes up hauling ass behind me, and the truck does the same thing, speeding up during the stretch of road with the passing lane so the car floors it and gets around him doing 90+. Just as passing lane ends a DPS trooper was coming the other way, flips around and pulls over the car. I'm sure the car would have gotten a ticket anyway with how he was driving, but it was funny how the truck led him into it. I really wish the car hadn't been there and the dps got the truck instead. 

Oh man I bet the truck driver got on his CB radio and told anyone that listened of his proud achievment. 

9 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Oh man I bet the truck driver got on his CB radio and told anyone that listened of his proud achievment. 

Probably one of those assholes who pulls out to pass another 18 wheeler and takes 6 miles to creep around it - in the 2 lane stretches of I-35 of course. It will be a boon whenever the entire length of 35 from San Antonio to the Red River is open 3 lanes each way and there are "No Trucks in Left Lane" signs all the way.

But you just know there will be a few jerkoff violets who will ride parallel in that left lane afraid to pass the trucks in the middle & outside lanes doing 68.

I need to upgrade the shitty Roadrunner "beep" horn on Mrs.  Brat's Accord to a dual horn blaster for those dipshits.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Armybrat said:

Probably one of those assholes who pulls out to pass another 18 wheeler and takes 6 miles to creep around it - in the 2 lane stretches of I-35 of course. It will be a boon whenever the entire length of 35 from San Antonio to the Red River is open 3 lanes each way and there are "No Trucks in Left Lane" signs all the way.

Won't matter. The clueless and/or selfish assholes will just spread out 3-wide going the same speed, just like they do now on all the 3 lane stretches.

On 4/28/2018 at 12:10 PM, Deej said:

Or the car that starts into the left turn lane and takes half a block or more to fully get into it. Move the fuck over. 

These ones always are braking the entire time they are easing their way over. This drives me insane. That turn lane is for moving over, slowing down and turning without blocking traffic. Use it motherfucker!

22 minutes ago, Bert Orange said:

Two cars turning left in a median. You FUCKING DRIVE PAST EACH OTHER so you can each FUCKING SEE ONCOMING TRAFFIC. it’s like people want to intentionally block your view and have their view obstructed. It’s dangerous and stupid. 

delete duplicate post. 

Edited by Apep