2019 Red River Rivalry University of Texas VS OUSUX - Cotton Bowl 11AM on FOX

blacklab

2 minutes ago, mdmost said:

You're right. He did nothing to put them into position to win the Heisman. Which guy would you want calling offensive plays for Texas, Tim Beck or Lincoln Riley?

If we had Baker, Kyler, and Hurts back to back, we would 100% be right where OU is right now. Riley looks average literally every time he plays a decent defense. 

• Like 1

They play calling was not very good today.  I guess Herman still calls them. 

The calls just seemed to be a random mix of plays.  It didn't seem like we wanted to establish anything or attack a particular spot in their defense that may have been vulnerable.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DreadHead said:

We lost to LSU by 7 and OU by 7... but agree we got pushed around this game. However we still kept it close and if we wouldn't have had what seems like an anomaly of a bad day on offense, could very well have squeaked out a win. Decimated defense and all. 

I guess I'm just not as doom and gloom as everyone else. This team can still pull it together and make a run at the B12 championship and a decent bowl game.  

This is where I'm at.  It's not like we lost to WVU and Rice or anything. 

• Like 1

Hours later and I'm still baffled at what could have happened, especially to the OL, to make them look so bad and so low energy. I guess if there was mass food poisoning we'd have heard by now but that seems like the best-possible explanation. Although that would still leave the atrocious coaching and planning where we were thoroughly out-matched. The offense in particular showed no new wrinkles from the earlier games and looked horrible against a team that out-scouted and out-prepared us by a significant margin. It was a small miracle that we kept it so close. 

I understand the dirt gobblers probably felt the same way last year. So I'll hold out hope we can learn some new tricks before the b12 cg.

4 minutes ago, uncle mo said:

Are everyone''s feelings better since you didn't have to see that mean horns down sign on the field????

Heeeerrrreee, Kitty Kitty.......

I don't think anybody here gives a fuck. Unlike you, who clearly has nothing better to live for. 

2 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

Classic comment from trailer trash that begged Herman to come to LSU, only to be ghosted.

"Sometimes God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers" - garth brooks

Lighten up everyone. It's not like we have vince lombardi in Baton Rouge. I never said we got it right either. I have to see how he game plans for Alabama before I anoint him anything....oh and we might not even win tonight. We might be just as pissed in a few hours.

Edited by austintiger
  • Fuck You 1

Hours later and I'm still baffled at what could have happened, especially to the OL, to make them look so bad and so low energy. I guess if there was mass food poisoning we'd have heard by now but that seems like the best-possible explanation. Although that would still leave the atrocious coaching and planning where we were thoroughly out-matched. The offense in particular showed no new wrinkles from the earlier games and looked horrible against a team that out-scouted and out-prepared us by a significant margin. It was a small miracle that we kept it so close. 
I understand the dirt gobblers probably felt the same way last year. So I'll hold out hope we can learn some new tricks before the b12 cg.

I think what happened to the OL was ou front 7 whipped their ass.
  • Like 2

"Sometimes God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers" - garth brooks
Lighten up everyone. It's not like we have vince lombardi in Baton Rouge. I never said we got it right either. I have to see how he game plans for Alabama before I anoint him anything....oh and we might not even win tonight. We might be just as pissed in a few hours.

You have a good OC and a good DC. And you dominate your in-state recruiting. Only a potato could screw that up.

4 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

You have a good OC and a good DC. And you dominate your in-state recruiting. Only a potato could screw that up.

That's a fair point. It IS easier to recruit when you're the only big dog in your state. You guys have to fight off a hell of a lot more than we do. No argument there.

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Laga4 said:

They play calling was not very good today.  I guess Herman still calls them. 

The calls just seemed to be a random mix of plays.  It didn't seem like we wanted to establish anything or attack a particular spot in their defense that may have been vulnerable.  

the wr screens/swing passes were just stupid.  Tom Herman lost his fucking mind with that game plan. our WR's aren't anywhere near shifty enough against like athletes.  also meh should be fired because he can't get his WR's to block.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mdmost said:

He's lost 4 games in his coaching career, 2 in the playoffs. He's already produced 2 Heisman Trophy winners and is on his way to a 3rd. I mean it's not like he sucks. 

Few, if any, here say he sucks.  He needs to coach the Cowboys sooner than later, but to say that he will dominate Herman for the foreseeable future is a little silly based on the games played. 

2 hours ago, TexasBeta said:

This. I would love to have Creed Humphrey as our center. Shack got pushed around all day. All those players who hurt us were Texas recruiting misses.

Yep, Shack was playing 'ole like he was getting paid to play 'ole.  Horrible, his game today.  But what do I know.

What in the fuck is wrong with you other than being triggered by a football game played by teenagers probably 3 times younger than you? 
Fucking loser.

Ive been here and ToS since pretty much day 1. You're flying off the deep end over practically nothing

You have been a cancer from day one, now go back to sucking off homeless guys under the bridge

18 minutes ago, NowThis said:

weird game where OU could have lead 28-0 at halftime, had 9 total sacks for the game, and UT only lost by 7. Texas has the talent to be a top 3 team, it's bizarre coaching philosophies and lack of preparation that kills the Horns.

I disagree. We have talent but nowhere near the depth to be a top 3 team.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I disagree. We have talent but nowhere near the depth to be a top 3 team.

LSU, OU and tOSU are candidates for #3. UT was within a score of 2 of them and probably same for tOSU. UT was also very beat up in the secondary vs. OU today. With coaching and good health, UT could be #3.

5 minutes ago, NowThis said:

LSU, OU and tOSU are candidates for #3. UT was within a score of 2 of them and probably same for tOSU. UT was also very beat up in the secondary vs. OU today. With coaching and good health, UT could be #3.

You’ve watched our defense, regardless of injury, and seriously thought to yourself “yep that’s the 3rd best team in the country right there”

Lolz

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, NowThis said:

I’ll have some of what you’re having. 

0% chance this is the #3 team. They’re closer to 15 right now, until they learn to put together a good performance on both sides of the ball.

oh, and maybe spend a few minutes on special teams. We must have some of the worst special teams I’ve seen in CFB in the last 5-6 years with all the blocked kicks, muffed punts, coin toss screwups, kickoff errors. Except for Dickson and Dicker I guess. 

4 hours ago, Aces_Full said:

Riley is 1 & 1 in the RRS & 2-1 overall, including a 7 point win today.  Let’s not anoint him just yet.  Texas gets healthy & offensive coaches grow a pair & we win conference championship.  

Riley is 2-1 in the RRS and 3-1 overall vs. UT

2017 RRS- W

2018 RRS- L

2018 CCG- W

2019 RRS- W

Great game. Looking forward to playing you guys in December. 

Edited by BoomerSooner2578
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, uncle mo said:

It became an issue and a ridiculous penalty because ya'll are GIANT Pussies.

Because we like yards. I mean y'all can chant Jerry Sandusky did nothing wrong if you like, I don't give a fuck but if you do something we can take advantage of to get an edge well our coaches wouldn't be doing their job if they didn't try to do so.

Edited by Valmy77

2 hours ago, uncle mo said:

Seriously? You think that should actually be a penalty?

Such GIANT Pussies.

How fucking stupid ARE you? The penalty is “taunting.” If horns down isn’t taunting, nothing is. It’s the very definition of taunting. The only reason it shouldn’t be called is if the rule is taken out of the rule book, you ignorant fuck. Now fuck off to whatever board your shitty fans infest. 

Kick return Q1 9:54 - kick to 1, Duvernareturned to 32.

Kick return Q2 1:49 - kick into endzone, Duvernareturned to the 21.

Kick return Q3 15:00 - kick into endzone, Duvernareturned to the 13.

Kick return Q3 7:45 - kick to the 5, Duvernay calls some bizarre fair catch.

Kick return Q3 4:44 - kick to the 2, Duvernay returns to the 16. (Would have gone out of bounds and brought out to 35 if he hadn’t caught it)

Kick return Q4 11:56 - touchback

Kick return Q4 4:19 - touchback. 

Somewhere around 56 yards of starting field position lost by Duvernay making stupid decisions about when to catch or run out kicks today. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Kick return Q3 4:44 - kick to the 2, Duvernay returns to the 16. (Would have gone out of bounds and brought out to 35 if he hadn’t caught it)

Somewhere around 56 yards of starting field position lost by Duvernay making stupid decisions about when to catch or run out kicks today. 

I'd like to believe it would have made a difference with our offense, but probably not. 

It probably makes a difference with how many points they score though. 

7 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:

comes back to the 25 no?

Jamison is faster and should be the KO returner.