Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

3 minutes ago, torre said:

Statesman story released at 11:40PM.  (excerpts)

Source: Citing health, Urban Meyer tells Texas officials he’s not returning to coaching

Urban Meyer, the three-time national championship winner, has informed Texas officials that he is not pursuing another coaching position because of health issues, a university source with knowledge of the situation told the American-Statesman on Sunday night.

However, “no decision” has been made about whether to move on from UT’s current coach Tom Herman, the source said. 

Texas officials are still “sorting through” their options, the source said.

Horns247 first reported Meyer’s was leaning toward not pursing the Texas job. 

"Meyer's".

Typical excellent reporting by the Statesman.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, torre said:

Statesman story released at 11:40PM.  (excerpts)

Source: Citing health, Urban Meyer tells Texas officials he’s not returning to coaching

Urban Meyer, the three-time national championship winner, has informed Texas officials that he is not pursuing another coaching position because of health issues, a university source with knowledge of the situation told the American-Statesman on Sunday night.

However, “no decision” has been made about whether to move on from UT’s current coach Tom Herman, the source said. 

Texas officials are still “sorting through” their options, the source said.

Horns247 first reported Meyer’s was leaning toward not pursing the Texas job. 

https://www.hookem.com/story/sports/2020/12/06/source-citing-health-urban-meyer-tells-texas-officials-hes-not-returning-coaching/3854666001/

image.gif.fac4012f7c10717aab6b16f87e28edb0.gif

2 minutes ago, Octavian said:

I agree - makes no sense that this would be kept so tight and then the only leak is the one that they know would completely implode the program. Got to be to take heat off of Urban and reminds me of the OSU timeline that people have posted before.

if you are saying there is still a chance, using health reasons is not good.  if for some reason he decides to come did the health reasons disappear in a week?

I could see someone saying he is not interested in coaching again then it could change because we offered X.

using health reasons means it is over IMO.

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

if you are saying there is still a chance, using health reasons is not good.  if for some reason he decides to come did the health reasons disappear in a week?

I could see someone saying he is not interested in coaching again then it could change because we offered X.

I agree with you, but the caveat here is that a “source” stated that Urban denied for health reasons, not Urban himself. This gives every party involved (including CDC who hasn’t said anything) plausible deniability if they want to change their minds.

Edited by Octavian

7 minutes ago, wildturkey8 said:

Are you sure you want to make a change if James Franklin or Mario Cristobal are the alternatives.  Talk about a PR nightmare with the fans and media both.

Don't want those guys. Don't want any of them. Don't want Herman.  Fuck it roll the dice probably gonna crap out. Get Campbell or Chadwell. We're just gonna have to get lucky now and have a smaller coach create magic. We can't bring in the big guys. They don't want to come here. Gotta get lucky and win our way out of mediocrity. I repeat I'm not in love with the idea but we can't roll with Herman. 

Edited by PassiveAggressiveCoach
  • Hook 'Em 1

It appears CDC's plan to wait to let Herman go until he was ready to announce his replacement 15 minutes later was a gross miscalculation.

If you're gonna play that game, you better land your man. What a colossal fuckup this is. Lame-duck coach. Recruiting in the toilet. Now we're left holding our dorks in our hands.

tenor.gif?itemid=16024688

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 3

3 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Not saying it will or won't happen, but that's not a problem. Nobody's named a source, so all they'd have to do is say the reports were inaccurate.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

I think you and I have agreed on this thread that we think it's more likely he wasn't able to entice anybody from the Mafia to join him in Austin. They all indicated they were happy in Columbus. Fuck everything.

• Like 1

Just now, UrbanTheMeyer said:

If these leaks are accurate, than we have a huge problem with leaking. If these leaks are inaccurate, than CDC is patching a huge problem with leaking. Either way, leaks are terrible for the program.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

If the leaks are legitimate leaks then it is something that has been happening forever and has screwed up so much shit for us.  It's politics or wanting to brag. BMDs or administration leak info to make internal political enemies look bad or to stop something or get something they want. It's what is wrong with the program. 

2 minutes ago, UrbanTheMeyer said:

If these leaks are accurate, than we have a huge problem with leaking. If these leaks are inaccurate, than CDC is patching a huge problem with leaking. Either way, leaks are terrible for the program.

I just don't understand what makes people within the program leak in the first place.  Unless Brian Davis is sucking them off like what do they get in return other than gratification of having a shit reporter hit them up time to time to feel important when they "spill the beans." 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, Tex48 said:

I just don't understand what makes people within the program leak in the first place.  Unless Brian Davis is sucking them off like what do they get in return other than gratification of having a shit reporter hit them up time to time to feel important when they "spill the beans." 

I just explained it. It's political jockeying for power, bragging as 1st to know, or positioning/job preservation. It's a fucking cancer that is only changed by a complete restructuring and a strong AD & President. 

Edited by PassiveAggressiveCoach
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

If the leaks are legitimate leaks then it is something that has been happening forever and has screwed up so much shit for us.  It's politics or wanting to brag. BMDs or administration leak info to make internal political enemies look bad or to stop something or get something they want. It's what is wrong with the program. 

This is what I believe Herbie was referring to.  It doesn't seem the other big schools have this issue with the continuous public self-sabotage of their own program. We can't stop stepping on our own dicks.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

I just explained it. It's political jockeying for power, bragging as 1st to know, or positioning/job preservation. 

Exactly what it is. I'm actually impressed things were locked down as well as they were for the majority of this. But once the bad news hit today, the dam fucking burst and we've got egg on our faces. Again.

5 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

I just explained it. It's political jockeying for power, bragging as 1st to know, or positioning/job preservation. It's a fucking cancer that is only changed by a complete restructuring and a strong AD. 

Yep that's what the whole 9.95 thing was tonight. IT broke it first, FCB then ran something similar. Then Fat sketch through in his thoughts. Couple hours later, Fat Ketch says it's over, FCB essentially says the same thing. Then Itt says it's not over and people from Texas are gonna keep pushing 10 mins later. AAS ran with what FCB posted. It's alll one big clusterfuck. Not surprised at all. 

Edited by Happy Gilmore

3 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Yep that's what the whole 9.95 thing was tonight. IT broke it first, FCB then ran something similar. Then Fat sketch through in his thoughts. Couple hours later, Fat Ketch says it's over, FCB essentially says the same thing. Then It says it's not over and people from Texas are gonna keep pushing 10 mins later. AAS ran with what FCB posted. It's alll one big clusterfuck. Not surprised at all. 

I think @PassiveAggressiveCoach is talking about it from the BMD perspective, not the 995ers. That's who the 995ers get their "scoops" -- loose-lipped boosters who like to remind people they're involved in shit. At least that was my impression.

Edited by C-Man

6 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

For days folks here stated that if Urban said no it would leak right away. Now it is out everywhere and people are now saying no one knows anything. I think folks here were right and UM has given UT an answer and UT leaked it ASAP.

I believe we did get an answer of no.   I know using health reasons can be the cover to mean its not UT or Urban's fault.  I'm now starting to think we are keeping Herman.  we could have used the health reasons AFTER Herman was fired. 

the un-named source could have just said he's not interested in coaching again leaving health out of it.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I think @PassiveAggressiveCoach is talking about it from the BMD perspective, not the 995ers. That's who the 995ers get their "scoops" -- loose-lipped boosters who like to remind people they're involved in shit. At least that was my impression.

That's correct. The BMDs and higher level administration are the issue. 

3 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

did ketch fuck it all when he leaked Eltife's name?

No way.  If it is dead as it appears that's probably because he couldn't get his guys. The fuck up is how shit leaked out after it was over and also probably how the overall negotiations were handled. I thought CDC did a pretty good job keeping a lid on it.  Now did he screw it all up with the way he approached the negotiations we don't know. Somehow he couldn't close it. That's sometimes his fault and sometimes a deal just can't be closed. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

did ketch fuck it all when he leaked Eltife's name?

I don't see how it would matter one way or the other. I still don't understand why that was such a thing at the time. The head of the BOR went to go meet Urban in Ohio? BFD.

58 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

This will be the knockout punch. The fan base will check out. The revenues will decline. Recruiting will plummet drastically. Hello wandering in the desert for 10-15 years minimum. The nightmare is here.

so we only have 4 more years to go?

3 minutes ago, westexhorn said:

All these fucks just trying to say whatever, there was never an opening...

We are the redheaded step child the media wants to poke fun at. See FOX pregame trolling, Brando, Herbie, yada yada list goes on. Hell I'm even laughing at our incompetence to get a coaching hire right. 

Edited by UTEX_ME

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic