Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

4 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

At this point you have to be trolling. If so, well played. 

I'm not the giant bleeding vagina that thinks that Texas is inferior to the University of Florida at fucking Gainesville.

Have you ever been to Gainesville, Rex? I have. It's almost as shitty as your football takes.

Edited by BradInATX

7 minutes ago, Mole said:

Yeah, save that for the day shift. The night crew prefers to stay untethered from reality. My source says that while Herman will remain the coach in public, Urban Meyer has been named “shadow coach.” That way we get to keep the charm of coach MENSA while coach Meyer serves as the puppet master. I know it sounds crazy and pointless, but my source is a level 9 Thetan.

Tom Cruise knows what's up.

I’m almost at the point where we think outside the box. Make Joe Brady the face of the University, but pair him with the baddest DC money can buy (too tired to research, but someone can suggest names). Then find some veteran offensive coach with a deep roladex who can mentor Joe and help him build a staff. No idea if it would work, but it excites me more than Luke fucking Fickell.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

He could do the same thing here except play bitch ass Oklahoma instead of the best dynasty in the history of college football, get paid more, and live in Austin instead of the terrible combination of living in Florida but not on the beach. We'll get Mullen if we want him, but I don't think we do. I feel confident that CDC has a strong plan B lined up. 

Who is a stronger Plan B than Mullen?

1 minute ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I’m almost at the point where we think outside the box. Make Joe Brady the face of the University, but pair him with the baddest DC money can buy (too tired to research, but someone can suggest names). Then find some veteran offensive coach with a deep roladex who can mentor Joe and help him build a staff. No idea if it would work, but it excites me more than Luke fucking Fickell.

Dude, the guy flubbed the South Carolina interview. He's not prepared for that job, much less ours.

Just now, Hiphopopotamos said:

Who is a stronger Plan B than Mullen?

Not sure. I have my personal preference, but I don't think on paper the guy I want is better than Mullen. Mullen is a really promising coach. I don't think he's the guy we're going for, though.

12 minutes ago, mdmost said:

All we'd do is guarantee him a raise. He's about to play Bama for a shot at the SEC title and a playoff berth. He wouldn't entertain us till January at the earliest. 

sure very possible.  I'm just going down the list if Urban is out.  I don't want G5 with another G5 staff.

8 minutes ago, troph said:

This is some weak ass reporting out there.  It’s not catching fire but it is throwing everyone off the trail and it’s “a source at Texas” and nothing more. Urbans not a no until Herman is retained or his replacement is announced.  Could be confirmed no that’s true but it could also be the dampen the frenzy about to start this week.  Going to bed, And we will see how the week goes.  

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Do that except Brady as OC and Colt as HC/The Face. 

1 minute ago, BradInATX said:

I'm not the giant bleeding vagina that thinks that Texas is inferior to the University of Florida at fucking Gainesville.

Have you ever been to Gainesville, Rex?

Two quick questions:

1. What percentage of your posts are calling people a vagina?

2. How many times a day do you just wander around yelling "We're Texas!"? Starting from an equal point, Texas is the preferable spot, but Mullen was in Starkville and then Gainesville, so he's comfortable in shitsholes. He also has a good gig going that probably comes with some job stability rather than having to undergo a semi-rebuild with huge expectations. From that point of view, it shouldn't be difficult to get Saban, Dabo, Matt LaFleur, generally whoever the fuck we want. 

2 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Have you ever been to Gainesville, Rex?

beeper=aggy 

________

This is a big deal on a lot of fronts. A lot of branding. 

Ignore closet aggy.

BOMC

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

It was literally just a repost of 247's leaning toward no article...with their own add of "maybe, maybe not". It was beyond worthless.

Yea sorry that was meant to come off as sarcasm. Those racists twats dont know shit. 

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Dummy said:

Two quick questions:

1. What percentage of your posts are calling people a vagina?

2. How many times a day do you just wander around yelling "We're Texas!"? 

1. Dunno. How many of my posts are responses to Rex?

2. Depends on how much Bourbon I've had.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

South Carolina interviewed Joe Brady, and walked away quickly because of the interview.  Scuttlebutt was that Brady wasn't anywhere close to being ready for a CFB Head Coaching job...

4 hours ago, Rip76 said:

Ketch

I've checked in with a couple of sources in the last hour and will continue to do so, but I wanted to pass along a few notes.

a. Urban Meyer has not given Texas an answer.

b. As we've been saying all week, and as recent as last night, the single biggest hurdle that has to be cleared is related to his health and I just communicated with a high-level source that said it remains the biggest issue with Meyer.

That hasn't magically gone away just because Texas is praying for it do so. How do we handicap the situation? I'm not sure. Maybe nerves are increasing and it's leading to a little panic. 

As of Sunday afternoon, there's not bad news to report as much as there's nervousness about the current situation that is probably sinking in.

Stay tuned.

Anyone tell him we now have a medical center and going to hire Fauci to be on the sideline with him? 

2 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Or Dabo.. 

Hey Nick, Urban was too much of a pussy to come coach at Texas. Want to show him why he's a bitch and take his money?

Make the call but Dabo isn't going anywhere. He will retire at Clemson. And they'll rename the stadium after him. I bet he finishes with four or five NC's.

CDC: So, Urban, do you want the job? We have met every request.

UM: yes, I will take the job, but I have one more requirement. If you can not meet this request, I walk.

CDC: of course, what is it?

UM: I accept the job, however, you must prove your trustworthiness and loyalty.

CDC: You want me to suck your dick?

UM: what? No, no. Maybe later. But this is what you will do: my agent will leak to the media that I have turned down the job. Only you and I know that I have accepted it. If in a weeks time it has not been leaked to the media that I actually accepted, then all is good and I will see you soon. If it leaks, I am out.

CDC: Done.

UM: we can talk about that other thing after I beat the piss out of ou.

all-city-candy-worlds-largest-lime-gummy-bear-5-lb-gummi-giant-gummy-bears-323642_600x.jpg?v=1557238365

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, UrbanTheMeyer said:

so what are the updates since the chip brown article?

and what makes Chip Brown any more credible than sQuidAnon? given his history, he should be less credible imo.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

FCB has less than zero credibility, like you say ... so it's only natural that most people here are freaking out over his 'story'. LOL.

32 minutes ago, RabidM said:

I think people dismissing a Fickell or Napier because Herman and Strong were busts aren't looking at the situation quite right. Strong was the result of a disastrous, panicked process. He's kind of an outlier.  He never should have been hired.  While Herman was a hot name at the time, he did have some red flags.  However, just because Herman didn't work out, doesn't mean the next up and coming coach is going to bust as well.  Each coach is different and needs to be evaluated on individual merits.  Some might have the goods, and some might not.  Urban Meyer wasn't a successful P5 coach before Florida. 

I'm not necessarily advocating for those guys particularly. I'm not familiar enough with either of them.  However, I don't think they should dismissed out of hand because they're not established P5 coaches already.  Neither Herman nor Strong should be any kind of factor in their evaluations.  

Agreed. Urban came from non-power five. Riley and Stoops were coordinators. Dabo was a freaking WR coach. Saban didn’t do much more at Michigan State than Dan Mullen did at Mississippi State. In fact, the Saban to Bama and Urban to Ohio State thing is pretty rare. Usually the great coaches are discovered organically. Obviously you pursue Urban until you get your “no.” At that point you do a thorough vetting of the best available options, contrary to how we conducted our last two coaching searches. 

• Hook 'Em 2

We are acting like there are only two options available. Either we snag the greatest college football coach of our era or we might as well ride it out with a guy that has proven he can't get it done. I guess If those were really our only options, I would agree that there is no point in paying the huge contract buyouts. 

How about another option. How about doing a serious talent search for a guy that has at least proven himself competent as a head coach? I don't care how much Tom Herman was being pursued by LSU. I don't care that his Houston team beat the Sooners. After the failure of Charlie Strong, to hire a guy with one and a half years head coaching experience was foolishness. The Charlie Strong hire was even more inexplicable. Those were not professionally done coaching searches. There are schools out there like Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Clemson, and yes even Texas A&M that take their coaching searches more serious than we do.

Who should we hire? I don't know. It's not my full-time job to know. I haven't made it my career to find and analyze coaching talent. I don't keep a current list of potential hires in my desk. There is such a person. He makes over $2,000,000 a year because he is supposed to be one of the best. He also gave our current failed coach a contract extension for no apparent reason. So, if he doesn't know where the next Nick Saben is, or at least the next Lincoln Riley, he better find him.

There are athletic directors all over the country that probably have some dream hires that they would love to make for their football program, but salary restrictions or the prestige of the college just make it unrealistic. That is not the case for CDC. With the exception of 4 or 5 coaches, he can literally choose anyone he wants. If he can't find someone that will at least be moderately successful why did we bring him in as our AD?

If I were going to pinpoint one thing this program has been lacking the last ten years it would be accountability. Someone needs to be accountable for this mess. Many people need to be accountable. From the players all the way up to the administration. Why are we letting CDC off so easy? Well, he tried to get UM so what else can he do? Bullshit. He was hired for this. CDC go find us a coach.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Wanker Bob said:

So your administration is so shitty they're going to torpedo their coach that just went 6-3 and has a 25 million total buyout because they don't like his personality and because he didn't force his players to stand for a song? 

From a humble Brit on the outside looking in on this fiasco... If you want to know why your program is mediocre despite having all sorts of money? This type of horrific mismanagement is the reason why. The number of reporters I've seen quoted here sabotaging the coaches with leaks, propaganda, and probably some lies is insane. It's worse than Chelsea, Real Madrid, Barcelona, or ManU. Hell it's worse than the Cowboys. And in a business where you have to recruit your talent instead of select it that's extremely problematic. 

Wait, are you saying Bellmont is somehow, inept?

Balderdash!

6 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I guess Mullen has it good. We'll see how he feels after Bama likely pantses them by 3 TDs. They still have LSU on the schedule, too. You never fucking know. 

LSU is hot garbage this year.

Jesus, the IT folks keep bringing up Jeff Traylor's name. I liked him as an assistant here but goodness ...

1 minute ago, Chili dog said:

Agreed. Urban came from non-power five. Riley and Stoops were coordinators. Dabo was a freaking WR coach. Saban didn’t do much more at Michigan State than Dan Mullen did at Mississippi State. In fact, the Saban to Bama and Urban to Ohio State thing is pretty rare. Usually the great coaches are discovered organically. Obviously you pursue Urban until you get your “no.” At that point you do a thorough vetting of the best available options, contrary to how we conducted our last two coaching searches. 

Exactly.

At a certain level you just offer Saban or Dabo like 15 a year bc- why not?  Texas being good is a license to print money. 
or offer someone like John Harbaugh a 10 year 150 million dollar offer. 
12 million for urban always felt kind of light- like we wanted to go big but without actually going big. 

South Carolina interviewed Joe Brady, and walked away quickly because of the interview.  Scuttlebutt was that Brady wasn't anywhere close to being ready for a CFB Head Coaching job...

Yeah, I read that too. Believe me, I have no confidence that it would work, but “Texas hires the football wunderkind and surrounds him with the best coordinators/assistants money can buy” is at least exciting and the type of thing that could save recruiting, at least temporarily.

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic