Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

2 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

I'm leaning that way.  If we play that KU game and the bowl game, probably a 50% chance we finish 8-3.  Would we have fired Charlie at 8-3?  Rewind the clock, most of the 9.95ers were saying Charlie was back until Kansas.  

Hey! He was baking a cake after Mack emptied the cupboard!

Something that really stuck with me was Brandon Jones saying he would set his alarm for the middle of the night to wakeup and drink water so he wouldn't be dehydrated per Herman's pissology plan. Even a fucking idiot knows that sleep is much more important than being hydrated when you wake up. 
All the warning signs were there and we choose to ignore them. 
That's so unbelievably stupid. I think our fan base has battered wife syndrome so badly that they don't even understand that a replacement level P5 coach will get us to a reliable 9 wins per year.

We've had two garbage coaches in a row. We'll be okay, as long as we don't hire Cristobal and make it 3.
  • Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Fuck it. Tell Herman to eat shit and promote Yurcich to Head Coach/OC.  Replace Hand and hire another offensive coach. Can’t be any fucking worse can it?

Not an option. All head coaches have in their contract that they can’t be demoted. Some geniuses suggested demoting Strong too. 

The good news is that most of us hopefully will be vaccinated by next summer so we can get back to other things like traveling, golfing, hiking, biking, fishing, basketball, doing stuff outdoors, going to the park with the kids, etc so we won't even miss college football Saturdays. 

I’ve done all these things during the pandemic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, BradInATX said:

That's so unbelievably stupid. I think our fan base has battered wife syndrome so badly that they don't even understand that a replacement level P5 coach will get us to a reliable 9 wins per year.

We've had two garbage coaches in a row. We'll be okay, as long as we don't hire Cristobal and make it 3.

I would take Campbell over Herman in a heartbeat. You need to get rid of the sickness that is his meathead dumbass. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Something that really stuck with me was Brandon Jones saying he would set his alarm for the middle of the night to wakeup and drink water so he wouldn't be dehydrated per Herman's pissology plan. Even a fucking idiot knows that sleep is much more important than being hydrated when you wake up. 

Herms said that? Man that’s essential oils level bs. 

If Herman is our coach next season because we didn't have the buyout money, that's 100% on CDC.  If he had the ability to buy out Herman, before Urban said no, and chose not to, but now can't secure the funding... that's on CDC for not making the move when he had the chance.  Bottom line is CDC better come up with that money because the alternative is nuclear apocalypse bad with recruiting and the one time free transfers coming.  

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Jones didn’t say ‘middle of the night’, He said he would wake up an hour before he had to so he could chug water and go back to sleep. 

8 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

I'm leaning that way.  If we play that KU game and the bowl game, probably a 50% chance we finish 8-3.  Would we have fired Charlie at 8-3?  Rewind the clock, most of the 9.95ers were saying Charlie was back until Kansas.  

But this was supposed to be his year. If he can’t even come close to a Big 12 title with an experienced team led by a senior QB with OU and the rest of the Big 12 in the shitter, when the fuck is it going to happen?  

This year was the test to see what he could achieve when the deck was stacked in his favor, and he came up wanting. 

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, immamac said:

IMO it's Urban or bust. Fire Tom and hire some idiot for 500k/yr until we can dick whip someone who actually knows how to coach football. Until then it's all just a waste of money anyone can coach top 10 recruiting classes to fucking 3-5 loss seasons. 

I submit to you one Charles Strong

11 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Well, that gummy has momentarily made this less important to me.  I had a plan to start doing heroin at 70 and just say fuck it and go out feeling good.  Thinking of moving that up a few years and replacing Longhorn football with it.

Bring some to The Showdown, please.

• Hook 'Em 1

Not sure I trust Rapgame Larry.

I think he just wants attention to his Twitter so he can get some suckers to pay him for his betting picks. I also think he’s getting Barton in on the deal with some sort of payment. Idk...no way I can trust some random Twitter account that “consults” on betting , to ha e all the inside Texas info. 

Just now, Hiphopopotamos said:

Jones didn’t say ‘middle of the night’, He said he would wake up an hour before he had to so he could chug water and go back to sleep. 

Yea, no. 

So stupid to disrupt your sleep like that. Good sleep is one of the most important markers for so many aspects of physical and mental performance. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Charlie had one Top 10 class and it took a Baylor scandal and Duvernay (and others) defection to get there. Charlie was the worst recruiter we’ve had since probably McWilliams in a totally different era. 

Is Estelle the only Charlie recruit left on scholarship?

5 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

I’m not sure how hard it is to say: eat a banana on Friday night and have a couple of glasses of water before bed, but here we are.

I had a massive problem with cramps in hs, not during games, but in the middle of the night.  You can take potassium pills made for elephants and they go away immediately.

I think people dismissing a Fickell or Napier because Herman and Strong were busts aren't looking at the situation quite right. Strong was the result of a disastrous, panicked process. He's kind of an outlier.  He never should have been hired.  While Herman was a hot name at the time, he did have some red flags.  However, just because Herman didn't work out, doesn't mean the next up and coming coach is going to bust as well.  Each coach is different and needs to be evaluated on individual merits.  Some might have the goods, and some might not.  Urban Meyer wasn't a successful P5 coach before Florida. 

I'm not necessarily advocating for those guys particularly. I'm not familiar enough with either of them.  However, I don't think they should dismissed out of hand because they're not established P5 coaches already.  Neither Herman nor Strong should be any kind of factor in their evaluations.  

Edited by RabidM
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, RabidM said:

I also think people dismissing a Fickell or Napier because Herman and Strong were busts aren't looking at the situation quite right. Strong was the result of a disastrous, panicked process. He's kind of an outlier.  He never should have been hired.  While Herman was a hot name at the time, he did have some red flags.  However, just because Herman didn't work out, doesn't mean the next up and coming coach is going to bust as well.  Each coach is different and needs to be evaluated on individual merits.  Some might have the goods, and some might not.  Urban Meyer wasn't a successful P5 coach before Florida. 

I'm not necessarily advocating for those guys particularly. I'm not familiar enough with either of them.  However, I don't think they should dismissed out of hand because they're not established P5 coaches already.  Neither Herman nor Strong should be any kind of factor in their evaluations.  

3rd time's the charm for hiring a non-P5 guy to turn our luck around?

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic