Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

3 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Consume all the $9.95er fan fiction you want, but that’s not how a program intent on making a change behaves in this day and age, especially with the earlier signing day in recruiting.   

You don't fucking fire a coach without a replacement lined up before early signing day.  JFC.  

2 minutes ago, TheWellofInformation said:

Herman proves he can replace the QB or not. 

With how the run game is going I believe Hudson Card could be more dangerous because of his quick release. 

We will see. The 3 QBs should all play in the bowl game. 

JQJ fits Herman’s mold way better than anyone else. Won’t matter though, both Card & JQJ will be sitting behind Thompson.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, trythisathome said:

Good god, it has fucking nothing to do with the media. Yes, $9.95ers make the job slightly more annoying, but Herman's job status is in question because he fucking sucks at coaching, not because of our crusty old donors and people like Geoff Ketchum. 

Trust me you're way off on that. That's the info that goes out online. That's the info that gets tweeted. Therefore that's the info players and their parents see first and most. I've never seen so many parasites leaching off a team before in this manner. Either they're making things up or your athletic department is a bigger sieve than the White House has been. Either way it's a massive problem for you. How long have this many parasites existed like this? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 4

3 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Have we not all been saying for well over a year now that outside of Urban Meyer there isn't a sure fire bet?  Is it suddenly a massive surprise to anyone that is Urban says no the people being asked to write 7 figure checks to buyout Herman aren't necessarily going to write that check for another crap shoot (and they all may have different opinions as to the candidate they would be willing to write a check for)?  This has been the risk day 1.   You know what I think CDC wanted this year? Particularly during a pandemic?  He wanted Herman to do his fucking job and win the god damn conference with a Senior QB when the competition is the weakest it has ever been.  Herman put CDC in this position by being a shitty fucking coach who has now lost all recruiting momentum.

Herman didn't do his job.  The ONLY fucking play here was to put the full court press on Urban.  Just because he said no (assuming that is the final answer) doesn't mean it wasn't the right play.

I agree the best outcome is for CDC to pick someone else and sell the $$$ on funding the buyout.  That isn't going to be an easy sell.  But if you think CDC has complete control over firing Tom without donors writing checks you are fooling yourself.  The athletic dept is operating at a massive loss due to the pandemic and a lot of people took pay cuts and lost jobs.  Tom isn't getting fired absent donor $$.

Hmmm... I wonder who decided to keep Herman and give him a whole new coaching staff when boosters had ponied up the money to buy him out last year.  CDC can fuck right off.  His move last year showed me he’s good for fundraising and that’s about it.  A good athletic director doesn’t give an immature drunk a 2nd chance with a new staff.  You nip that shit in the bud and bring someone in that can do their job.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1

The good news is that most of us hopefully will be vaccinated by next summer so we can get back to other things like traveling, golfing, hiking, biking, fishing, basketball, doing stuff outdoors, going to the park with the kids, etc so we won't even miss college football Saturdays. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

Get you a set of married eyes and then you'll understand.  

Been married for 15 years. If I’m not mistaken tho....I wanna say I read that Cohn could polish you up real good. Just because I don’t think she’s attractive doesn’t mean I’m gonna pass up some neck if she offered.
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Look at who's won consistently the past 10 years: Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson, and OU. Only one of those schools was built up slowly, Clemson. The others had initially great coaching hires who won quickly (Stoops, Saban, Tressel) and then built dynasties. Then they were able to handpick a successor that would ensure the quality of the program endured. Ohio State got a MNC winning head coach to come over. Our only option if Urban is gone is to gamble eventually on the next hire and hope he can win quickly. We aren't going to get there with Herman. Unfortunately, we're saddled with a buyout that only makes sense for other people to pay if the right hire comes along. 

Whenever they replace Herman, you need someone who can actually both coach and manage other coaches-- not just a guy that can recruit.  Also understanding how to get along with the alumni and BMD's would be a plus.

1 minute ago, Dbeasy said:

You don’t really understand the full context of the problem. Texas up through the 1970’s was one of the premier top 5 programs in country. This school’s identity is tied with that success. This state lives for football. My high school drew 15k fans for a football game.

Since the hiring of Fred Akers in 1977, we’ve gone through 43 years of massive underperformance, with only a few big 12 titles in all of those years. Luckily a once in a generation player delivered 1 national title. It’s been eff up after eff up. People are just done. They’ve had it. We’ve seen our hated meth rivals to the north surpass us. We are about to see a bunch of hoe carrying overalls wearing dipshits pass us too.

You don’t know shit about the culture of football in Texas so shut the fuck up.

I've lived in Dallas since I was 15 in 2002. I know how much Texans love football, but that should make the top University in a state this big great at football. It's not and from what you're saying hasn't been for a very very long time except for a few years. Maybe you should start not blaming the coaches and start looking at the culture? I mean just from seeing the stuff here and how many sources are throwing garbage on social media it's insane. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 4

25 minutes ago, RMac5 said:

If Urban is indeed out, why did he let this shit show drag on for weeks? He could of said a long time ago that he wasn’t interested in coaching again. Looks to me like CDC and UT swung for the fences and came up short. 

I mean, Ohio State has been raping and pillaging our backyard for 5-star recruits and he's a member of tOSU administration. Him stringing us along is very good for that school and might help with flipping a certain 5-star generational talent QB that would play for his son in law. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Wanker Bob said:

I've lived in Dallas since I was 15 in 2002. I know how much Texans love football, but that should make the top University in a state this big great at football. It's not and from what you're saying hasn't been for a very very long time except for a few years. Maybe you should start not blaming the coaches and start looking at the culture? I mean just from seeing the stuff here and how many sources are throwing garbage on social media it's insane. 

Pretty funny that you think Texas is the only program with media parasites.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

LSU.  USC.  South Carolina this year.  It’s the norm.  You don’t fire a coach AFTER early signing day because then all your players will get out of their LOIs and stir up shit because they feel betrayed that you induced them to sign under false pretenses and then pulled the rug out.  

This.  In most non-COVID years the season finishes up weeks before NSD1.  You might have a new coach named or you might not - but I don't think you hold o to Herman past NSD1 if you intend to fire him.  Kids are just going to transfer/release out of their NLI. 

1 minute ago, immamac said:

So I just for funsies looked at all the traffic since this site has started in March of 2018. 

The last 8 days have been the highest traffic we've had ever all greater than the other high traffic events and sustained. We have served more traffic in the last 8 days than almost all of 1 month in the last year. The other days that competed with these 8 were September 3 2018 (maryland game 1 season opener). August 18 2019 (Cedric Benson RIP) and Jan 1 2019 the Sugar Bowl. Our best month of traffic ever was October of 2018 and we are already more than halfway there 6 days into this month.

image.thumb.png.2b4993eaabe1eb005c9aa744772971aa.png

This is hourly traffic since March of 2018. You can see the spikes during football seasons where games are happening. You can see some in the 2019 season. You see virtually none in 2020.

No one gives a fuck about Texas football anymore, people are moving on. This has gotten people excited about football again and it's reviving the community in a big way. I hope we can keep this going. If Tom isn't fired though I think it's clear that this board will just turn into a Texas centric politics board. The bulk of the traffic you see in 2020 on this graph is coming from 3 sources - 40% Cloak Room 30% recruiting 20% football and 10% everything else (DT + Lulz etc) 

You promised....no math!

6 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

LSU.  USC.  South Carolina this year.  It’s the norm.  You don’t fire a coach AFTER early signing day because then all your players will get out of their LOIs and stir up shit because they feel betrayed that you induced them to sign under false pretenses and then pulled the rug out.   It would be far more devastating to the recruiting class, and also bad business. 

Nobody waited until after February to fire their coach when that was signing day.  

South Carolina has a coach now and LSU/USC both hired from the inside. It was known before signing day. 

21 minutes ago, ChampionshipLevelPiss said:

Every washed up Gen Xer on this hellsite wouldn't last two hours trying to deal with the massive amounts of shit CDC deals with on a daily basis

This is such a stupid take.

There are 1.5 sports that anyone gives any fucks about at scale at UT: Football being number one and then the combo of baseball, basketball and all other sports make up the other .5.

This is actually one of the easiest jobs you ever could have. Fix football and NOTHING else fucking makes a shit.

Literally 85% of CDC's day should be in making sure football and all of the money, merch, TV views, media etc that flows from it works. All of the rest makes zero fucks in terms of the BMDs and broader media (and $).

Anytime CDC feels this job is too hard, he can ping me and I will be glad to take it on. Big fucking baby.

What kind of night shift is this? Lol. This is all just a ploy to guilt trip me into posting my album of nudes. You should all be ashamed of yourselves. Ha.

On a more pertinent note, I would still like to see how everything plays out tomorrow. And through the week. I hope that the website traffic will continue. I start my new job/training tomorrow so I won't have the time to post much during the day. I haven't given up hope entirely just yet. But I have to temper my joy at this point. We have had too many failures.

• Hook 'Em 1

This is such a stupid take.
There are 1.5 sports that anyone gives any fucks about at scale at UT: Football being number one and then the combo of baseball, basketball and all other sports make up the other .5.
This is actually one of the easiest jobs you ever could have. Fix football and NOTHING else fucking makes a shit.
Literally 85% of CDC's day should be in making sure football and all of the money, merch, TV views, media etc that flows from it works. All of the rest makes zero fucks in terms of the BMDs and broader media (and $).
Anytime CDC feels this job is too hard, he can ping me and I will be glad to take it on. Big fucking baby.

Championship hasn't figured out that the 10% of surly that aren't lawyers are all CxOs or future city council members.

Why would Urban ever have to publicly say no if he's not ever publicly asked? Waiting on that as confirmation is silly. Also, nobody knows if JQJ can throw or read a defense worth a shit at the college level yet so stop pumping him up already. He admitted himself he was behind the college game.

Edited by Hank_Hill
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

You’re not wrong, but that is the way the world works today.  This isn’t just a Texas problem even if that’s what the Herbie’s of the world want to sell.  The masses can weigh in with their opinions lazily and effortlessly without getting up from their couches.  I think we’re a little past changing ‘the culture’ unless someone takes Elon Musk’s suggestion, purchases social media platforms, and ‘pulls the plug’.  The trick is finding a way to succeed publicly in this mine field of mass public opinion.

2 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

What kind of night shift is this? Lol. This is all just a ploy to guilt trip me into posting my album of nudes. You should all be ashamed of yourselves. Ha.

On a more pertinent note, I would still like to see how everything plays out tomorrow. And through the week. I hope that the website traffic will continue. I start my new job/training tomorrow so I won't have the time to post much during the day. I haven't given up hope entirely just yet. But I have to temper my joy at this point. We have had too many failures.

You are right failures are agonizing.  Post picts and we'll all feel better. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

What kind of job won’t let you post on Surly? 

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Dummy said:

I mean, Ohio State has been raping and pillaging our backyard for 5-star recruits and he's a member of tOSU administration. Him stringing us along is very good for that school and might help with flipping a certain 5-star generational talent QB that would play for his son in law. 

Is there someone else I don't know about or do you not know that Ewers is already committed to Ohio State?

10 minutes ago, immamac said:

So I just for funsies looked at all the traffic since this site has started in March of 2018. 

The last 8 days have been the highest traffic we've had ever all greater than the other high traffic events and sustained. We have served more traffic in the last 8 days than almost all of 1 month in the last year. The other days that competed with these 8 were September 3 2018 (maryland game 1 season opener). August 18 2019 (Cedric Benson RIP) and Jan 1 2019 the Sugar Bowl. Our best month of traffic ever was October of 2018 and we are already more than halfway there 6 days into this month.

image.thumb.png.2b4993eaabe1eb005c9aa744772971aa.png

This is hourly traffic since March of 2018. You can see the spikes during football seasons where games are happening. You can see some in the 2019 season. You see virtually none in 2020.

No one gives a fuck about Texas football anymore, people are moving on. This has gotten people excited about football again and it's reviving the community in a big way. I hope we can keep this going. If Tom isn't fired though I think it's clear that this board will just turn into a Texas centric politics board. The bulk of the traffic you see in 2020 on this graph is coming from 3 sources - 40% Cloak Room 30% recruiting 20% football and 10% everything else (DT + Lulz etc) 

Send that to CDC. He reads his emails. That's powerful. 

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

So your administration is so shitty they're going to torpedo their coach that just went 6-3 and has a 25 million total buyout because they don't like his personality and because he didn't force his players to stand for a song? 

From a humble Brit on the outside looking in on this fiasco... If you want to know why your program is mediocre despite having all sorts of money? This type of horrific mismanagement is the reason why. The number of reporters I've seen quoted here sabotaging the coaches with leaks, propaganda, and probably some lies is insane. It's worse than Chelsea, Real Madrid, Barcelona, or ManU. Hell it's worse than the Cowboys. And in a business where you have to recruit your talent instead of select it that's extremely problematic. 

Well, your country is spiting itself into a deeper recession, so I am sure you understand at some level.

The “culture” problem isn’t us, it’s that a football coach can’t come here coach and win. It’s the access and the need for all the Jerry Jones’ money. It’s the requirement that the football coach be their buddy and the risk that a jack wagon with a lot of money can pull support for stupid shit. Then there’s a dozen of them and they are usually in different corners.  Why our money is involved with job searches is the problem.  

6 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Don't think anybody is expecting you to post public.  PM is probably best

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, immamac said:

This spike is Cedric Benson passing away Aug 18. The single biggest day of "users" on the site in case people were wondering. Also worth looking at that there's tons of new blood and/or old blood coming back to roost in the last 8 days.

image.thumb.png.f9125b5bede0167e7040b4fb885155c2.png

There have definitely been a ton of "long time listener, first time caller" folks the past handful of days.

35 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

So your administration is so shitty they're going to torpedo their coach that just went 6-3 and has a 25 million total buyout because they don't like his personality and because he didn't force his players to stand for a song? 

From a humble Brit on the outside looking in on this fiasco... If you want to know why your program is mediocre despite having all sorts of money? This type of horrific mismanagement is the reason why. The number of reporters I've seen quoted here sabotaging the coaches with leaks, propaganda, and probably some lies is insane. It's worse than Chelsea, Real Madrid, Barcelona, or ManU. Hell it's worse than the Cowboys. And in a business where you have to recruit your talent instead of select it that's extremely problematic. 

I heard your arguments when we fired a coach that had won several conference championship and had won 10 games a year before then we hired Mack. So in summary fuck off.

Edited by DanTheHorn

2 minutes ago, immamac said:

This spike is Cedric Benson passing away Aug 18. The single biggest day of "users" on the site in case people were wondering. Also worth looking at that there's tons of new blood and/or old blood coming back to roost in the last 8 days.

image.thumb.png.f9125b5bede0167e7040b4fb885155c2.png

Have you considered adding a scat board? I hear that really drives traffic.

• Hook 'Em 2

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic