Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

3 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Is there someone else I don't know about or do you not know that Ewers is already committed to Ohio State?

I do. If we're starting from the assumption that UM was stringing us along, I would imagine his son in law had a good idea and have been able to use that information to flip Ewers. When things looks semi-positive for us on the UM-hiring, tOSU posters were posting that his son-in-law would be coming and they could say bye bye to Ewers. By stringing it out, it sure as shit doesn't make us look like a preferred destination when this kind of money is rumored and generally turns things into a giant clusterfuck. It's possible that he's legitimately interested and torn, I'm just explaining a possible motive for stringing it along if he wasn't interested. He doesn't owe us anything, so I'm not going to believe that he should have our best interest at heart.

1 minute ago, DanTheHorn said:

I your arguments when we fired a coach that had won several conference championship and had won 10 games a year before then we hired Mack. So in summary fuck off.

I agree with ya' sir.  Wanker needs to find a corner fill his mouth with a crumpet.  If we hadn't stepped in during the war he'd be speaking German. 

It was stated somewhere on here that urban wanted to pick an associate AD which would effectively relieve him of the shit Mack loved and Herman sucks at correct? I guess that’s assuming they approved that part. He would be allowed to concentrate all his attention on just football. He seems to be fully aware of what he’s about to get into based off that information. I really don’t believe that any group of people, no matter who they are, can put more pressure on urban than he puts on himself to be perfect. He’s gotta be waiting on Ohio state to finish their season then make a decision. The 22 players he puts on the field next year can win the big 12 even if we have a shitty class right now. Let’s tuck our ovaries back in and have a little faith. I’d rather die a longhorn wandering the desert than to ever be a sheep fucking aggy. 

• Hook 'Em 3

12 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

What kind of night shift is this? Lol. This is all just a ploy to guilt trip me into posting my album of nudes. You should all be ashamed of yourselves. Ha.

On a more pertinent note, I would still like to see how everything plays out tomorrow. And through the week. I hope that the website traffic will continue. I start my new job/training tomorrow so I won't have the time to post much during the day. I haven't given up hope entirely just yet. But I have to temper my joy at this point. We have had too many failures.

ALBUM of nudes you say? Hi :)

• Haha 1

Just now, Hiphopopotamos said:

Fuck it. Tell Herman to eat shit and promote Yurcich to Head Coach/OC.  Replace Hand and hire another offensive coach. Can’t be any fucking worse can it?

I though about this too.  I think Yurcich called the bomb on 2nd down at the end against Iowa State.  I think he might be as dumb as Tom. 

IMO it's Urban or bust. Fire Tom and hire some idiot for 500k/yr until we can dick whip someone who actually knows how to coach football. Until then it's all just a waste of money anyone can coach top 10 recruiting classes to fucking 3-5 loss seasons. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Dummy said:

I do. If we're starting from the assumption that UM was stringing us along, I would imagine his son in law had a good idea and have been able to use that information to flip Ewers. When things looks semi-positive for us on the UM-hiring, tOSU posters were posting that his son-in-law would be coming and they could say bye bye to Ewers. By stringing it out, it sure as shit doesn't make us look like a preferred destination when this kind of money is rumored and generally turns things into a giant clusterfuck. It's possible that he's legitimately interested and torn, I'm just explaining a possible motive for stringing it along if he wasn't interested. He doesn't owe us anything, so I'm not going to believe that he should have our best interest at heart.

Interesting logic. But on this thread, it fits right in.

I'll allow it.

This is some "I just smoked ditch weed for the first time" level paranoia

Some of you fucking guys are melting down. If we don't get Urban we have first draft pick of reasonably available coaches. It will be Matt Campbell and he will be a huge upgrade to the Jerry Springer VIP coach we currently have.

Settle down got damn. Almost any competent coach will be a huge upgrade to a guy who makes goddamn piss color charts. We're still Texas. We still wake up and shit gold bricks. We still have a floor of like 20th in recruiting class. We'll get whoever we want that wants to coach. It'll be CDCs first football hire, and CDC has shown nothing but competence. We are going to make it you goddamn spoiled bluehaired vaginas. Grow the fuck up.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, immamac said:

This spike is Cedric Benson passing away Aug 18. The single biggest day of "users" on the site in case people were wondering. Also worth looking at that there's tons of new blood and/or old blood coming back to roost in the last 8 days.

image.thumb.png.f9125b5bede0167e7040b4fb885155c2.png

Hook Em Ced, and rest in peace. 🤘

One of my all-time favorite Longhorns. You loved the University, and played with pride. 

41 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

So your administration is so shitty they're going to torpedo their coach that just went 6-3 and has a 25 million total buyout because they don't like his personality and because he didn't force his players to stand for a song? 

No it has nothing to do with his personality or standing for a song. 6-3 is not a good record for somebody going into a weak league with a senior quarterback and loads of recruited talent. After last year's underachievement it seems pretty clear that recruits are moving on and a move should be made. The prospects for victory are not likely to be better any time soon for Tom Herman's program. Hey didn't we talk a lot about this earlier when you were telling me how we should be happy we were going to play for the Big 12 title and I told you nobody thinks that will happen? Well it didn't we are headed for mediocrity in the middle of the league. 

From a humble Brit on the outside looking in on this fiasco... If you want to know why your program is mediocre despite having all sorts of money? This type of horrific mismanagement is the reason why. The number of reporters I've seen quoted here sabotaging the coaches with leaks, propaganda, and probably some lies is insane. It's worse than Chelsea, Real Madrid, Barcelona, or ManU. Hell it's worse than the Cowboys. And in a business where you have to recruit your talent instead of select it that's extremely problematic. 

Lots of programs are mediocre in College Football despite having lots of money. We have many colleagues. And we have a free press so the media is free to run wild without throwing them in prison. The reason we are mediocre probably has a lot of factors but I don't think the media is responsible. Those other organizations are professional sports organizations not what we have here. But hey I would be fine with being know as the Chelsea of College Football considering how their season is going. #3 in the nation would be pretty great. Instead we are going to be finishing about 20th. 7-3 might be a pretty good record in the EPL, not so much here.

Anyway recruits are leaving because our coach does not develop his talent, win, and put them in good position to get in the NFL. And you think we need to get behind somebody recruits are rejecting for the sake of recruiting? We need to fire him for failing at recruiting.

And I do agree that if we are going to fire him, we should have fired him as soon as we made the decision. If we are not then we should be standing behind this guy and do whatever we can to help him save all the problems he himself has created. As it is I think we are screwing this up.

I certainly do not understand giving somebody a huge buyout following a 4 loss season that followed a six loss season. I was as happy in 2018 as anybody else but he needed to prove he could compete with OU on a regular basis and consistently get to the Big 12 title game to deserve the extension he got. That was a mistake because now we need to move on, and quickly, but maybe due to financial mismanagement and screw ups we cannot.

But what that has to do with "reporters" and "standing for songs" and personality" I don't know.

Urban Meyer not coming here changes nothing. Big moves still need to be made. Our athletic director has made very good hires elsewhere, even if I am not very impressed with how this process has been handled, maybe he can make another one. Got to fire the current one first. Either that or cut his salary down to something that matches 7-3 results. You don't get paid 5 million for that.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

You don’t really understand the full context of the problem. Texas up through the 1970’s was one of the premier top 5 programs in country. This school’s identity is tied with that success. This state lives for football. My high school drew 15k fans for a football game.

Since the hiring of Fred Akers in 1977, we’ve gone through 43 years of massive underperformance, with only a few big 12 titles in all of those years. Luckily a once in a generation player delivered 1 national title. It’s been eff up after eff up. People are just done. They’ve had it. We’ve seen our hated meth rivals to the north surpass us. We are about to see a bunch of hoe carrying overalls wearing dipshits pass us too.

You don’t know shit about the culture of football in Texas so shut the fuck up.

All of this

4 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

USC did it multiple times with Kiffin and Sark failboats both having to get canned mid season, but they didn’t promote from within on the Kiffin one.  Orgeron was interim coach, and he wasn’t retained.   I also hardly think Clay Helton was the slam dunk successor they had in mind for Sark when they made that move - they just eventually decided to let him stay on as coach.  

Likewise, Orgeron was not the only successor at LSU when they fired Miles.  They tried to hire Herman and only let Orgeron continue as permanent head coach at the last minute.  

So basically you’re saying they didn’t find a replacement unless they had one before signing day in February, which they did. Everyone one of those dudes whether from within or not were hired before national signing day. That’s exactly what is happening right now with Herman except signing day is in December. 

5 minutes ago, immamac said:

IMO it's Urban or bust. Fire Tom and hire some idiot for 500k/yr until we can dick whip someone who actually knows how to coach football. Until then it's all just a waste of money anyone can coach top 10 recruiting classes to fucking 3-5 loss seasons. 

Yeah, about that. We can't dick whip someone who actually knows how to coach football, it seems. 

8 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Fuck it. Tell Herman to eat shit and promote Yurcich to Head Coach/OC.  Replace Hand and hire another offensive coach. Can’t be any fucking worse can it?

This is the anger phase of depression. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

This is some "I just smoked ditch weed for the first time" level paranoia

Some of you fucking guys are melting down. If we don't get Urban we have first draft pick of reasonably available coaches. It will be Matt Campbell and he will be a huge upgrade to the Jerry Springer VIP coach we currently have.

Settle down got damn. Almost any competent coach will be a huge upgrade to a guy who makes goddamn piss color charts. We're still Texas. We still wake up and shit gold bricks. We still have a floor of like 20th in recruiting class. We'll get whoever we want that wants to coach. It'll be CDCs first football hire, and CDC has shown nothing but competence. We are going to make it you goddamn spoiled bluehaired vaginas.

You're not much of a reader are you? I don't even believe that. I just responded to someone asking why Meyer could have possibly strung things out. Granted the alternative to thinking why he strung it out when we're offering to pay him 30% more than any other head coach is either (i) it took him 2 months to decide that health problems are serious or (ii) he didn't have a good handle on whether his "team" would follow him to Austin. None of this makes it shit because it all results in the same ending, but jumping up and down on your couch screaming that people is being hysterical is some pretty ironic shit. 

1 minute ago, Hank_Hill said:

Nobody knows shit either way yet. Everyone is just crying because Nahlin picked most well known reason he would say no and decided to stir shit up because its his job. 

Multiple posters here who aren’t known for just saying shit for sake of saying shit said it about a hour or two before Nahlin even mentioned it 

3 minutes ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

It’s time for everyone to start preparing themselves for Herman coming back. I let myself get to about 75 percent that Herman might be let go but I think we will hear soon that Herman is coming back. 

There is nothing to prepare for but more of the same. Ohio State taking all our players, one score games, and not playing for the Big 12 championship.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Almost any competent coach will be a huge upgrade to a guy who makes goddamn piss color charts. We're still Texas. We still wake up and shit gold bricks. We still have a floor of like 20th in recruiting class. We'll get whoever we want that wants to coach. It'll be CDCs first football hire, and CDC has shown nothing but competence. We are going to make it you goddamn spoiled bluehaired vaginas. Grow the fuck up.

Something that really stuck with me was Brandon Jones saying he would set his alarm for the middle of the night to wakeup and drink water so he wouldn't be dehydrated per Herman's pissology plan. Even a fucking idiot knows that sleep is much more important than being hydrated when you wake up. 

All the warning signs were there and we choose to ignore them. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

It’s time for everyone to start preparing themselves for Herman coming back. I let myself get to about 75 percent that Herman might be let go but I think we will hear soon that Herman is coming back. 

I'm leaning that way.  If we play that KU game and the bowl game, probably a 50% chance we finish 8-3.  Would we have fired Charlie at 8-3?  Rewind the clock, most of the 9.95ers were saying Charlie was back until Kansas.  

• Hook 'Em 1

You're not much of a reader are you? I don't even believe that. I just responded to someone asking why Meyer could have possibly strung things out. Granted the alternative to thinking why he strung it out when we're offering to pay him 30% more than any other head coach is either (i) it took him 2 months to decide that health problems are serious or (ii) he didn't have a good handle on whether his "team" would follow him to Austin. None of this makes it shit because it all results in the same ending, but jumping up and down on your couch screaming that people is being hysterical is some pretty ironic shit. 
I mean in a scenario where I'm trying to figure out the most realistic scenario I'll choose "old rich guy wasn't sure if he wanted to come back to a high stress job" over "guy had a mustache-twirlingly evil plan to fuck over a school that he has no real beef with for no reason".

Username checks out etc..

1 minute ago, immamac said:

Pretty much is Urban or bust........because Urban is of a VERY small class of proven coaches that have had ultimate success at multiple destinations and is currently available, that are the closest thing there is to ‘plug them in and get instant results’.  Saban....taken.  Dabo......taken (though Dabo’s only proven it at one stop).  Are there other names that fit the bill: proven and available?  Certainly not as proven as the Urban-Saban mountain top and not free of undesirables.  Stoops?  Hard to picture that.  If you roll back the clock the better part of a decade, Harbaugh was on that mountain top with Saban-Meyer finding ultimate or near ultimate success first at Stanford then in the NFL before his shine has faded a bit, fairly or unfairly, at Michigan.  

27 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Checking out RGL's Twitter I came across this little exchange. Interesting since you think he'd be gloating by now. But seems to think it's still all up in the air. Screenshot_20201206-210657.thumb.png.182c1629f8e9d70083507c3cbf0d9fef.png

Wait ... I was told RGL was just a scammer, stealing everyone's money?

...and for everyone freaking out over a post by FCB of all things, I'll just leave this here.

Eomeg4BWEAMTk06?format=jpg&name=large

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic