Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

2 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Jesus Fucking Christ. 

You can’t have reports like this and then keep Herman.  Recruiting is fucked and you knee-capped your coach by allowing this to get public. Purposefully or not - CDC has to find a replacement that boosters will pony up the cash for. 

Edited by Hiphopopotamos
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, UrbanTheMeyer said:

If Herman is still here after all this, he will know that he is in big fucking trouble if we dont do really good next year, and if hes truly worth his salt, that pressure will kick him into gear and we'll start winning again.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

tenor.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Baseball - our coach went to the CWS 2 years ago - I don't think he's the guy but baseball is whatever until he fixes the first 2.

I think Pierce might be the guy. He can recruit. He got his season canceled last season, I just hope this coming one is played so we can see if the 2019 disaster was a fluke or not.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Tanned and rested for Urban's Fox gig. Urbans the next HC until proven otherwise. Everything tonight was fodder. We won't know anything definitive probably for the next week. If not we'll fuck me and fuck you too cause we're fucked for the foreseeable future. But it's nothing to beat ourselves up over. Life goes on and we'll be good again. One day 

happy gilmore cinema supremo GIF

So you don’t think Jamey Chadwell who has worked miracles at Coastal Carolina, which did not even have football 4 years ago, and whom makes just $375,000 wouldn’t take a guaranteed 2mn per year to be the head coach at UT with the potential to make $12mn per year?  How about Bill Napier who only makes $880k and up to just $950k at Louisiana Lafayette?
I have to agree with you. $2M a year if he turns out to be on par with Herman will barely cost us more than Herman already does acter adding buyout payment.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Foosters said:

475 pages in and no one's even discussing the most recent Madden champion as a legitimate possibility. This place is slipping

I just did (sort of) with CTJ or Scipio or someone like that. I mean- I’m not literally suggesting that on the real world, but I do believe in an alternate universe where you could hire coaches the way managers or executives are hired in different industries then we’d do something like this. Hell- they’ve done it in the professional levels in baseball and hoops and the nerds slaughtered the industry insiders. 

7 minutes ago, pearlandhorn said:

Night everyone.  The late afternoon crew is checking out.  I'm with @Happy Gilmore and say that it ain't over until we see Herman still as head coach next week or Urban publicly says he's not taking the job.

Brisket pics coming in a couple days.

I'm with Happy and others too, but I don't think seeing Herman as HC next means anything re: his future beyond that. 

6 minutes ago, UT Lax said:

So you don’t think Jamey Chadwell who has worked miracles at Coastal Carolina, which did not even have football 4 years ago, and whom makes just $375,000 wouldn’t take a guaranteed 2mn per year to be the head coach at UT with the potential to make $12mn per year?  How about Bill Napier who only makes $880k and up to just $950k at Louisiana Lafayette?

now these kinds of names would probably come up during a real coaching search.  I like the huge incentives for the unknown coaches.  

1 hour ago, Dr. Beeper said:

All of it exaggerated. We aren’t special, and the problem with us is we have guys like you that have a fervid belief that we are. You’re wrong. We’re not. 

If you want to repost what you said I may muster the energy for to dismantle your tough guy argument.  

God, you're a pompous fuckbag.

Tell me the parts that were wrong with this: we have football tradition, good facilities, a great city to recruit to, a great high school football state to recruit in, and an awful lot of money.

Go ahead, enlighten everybody as to how any of that is false.  And try to be a little less of a cocksucker when you do it.

Edited by TexArcher
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 2

It was always going to be explained as health issue.  we are firing him and doing the coaching search thing.   rinse repeat.

Remains to be seen if we are Cal.

I'll buy the tix because I'm priced in, I'll watch because its the Horns but we are likely fucked for 2 more years at least.

If he's on the sidelines at USC in 2 years we'll know.

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

God, you're a pompous fuckbag.

Tell me the parts that were wrong with this: we have football tradition, good facilities, a great city to recruit to, a great high school football state to recruit in, and an awful lot of money.

Go ahead, enlighten everybody as to how any of that is false.  And try to be a little less of a cocksucker when you do it.

I’d go the opposite and ask him if he can try to be even more of a cocksucker than last time  

1 minute ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Nahlin saying that Texas isn’t done trying with Meyer yet.

...these guys don't know dick. That's the most made up shit to get clicks ever. 
Even if we haven't struck out with Meyer (assuming we have) this is just dumb reporting. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Nahlin saying that Texas isn’t done trying with Meyer yet.

Ahh the ol Nick Saban/Bama approach. Make him say no until he finally accepts. Or blocks you out. Unfortunately don't think the admin has the nutsack to keep asking to reach that point. They'll fold eventually. 

1 minute ago, vtaenz said:

...these guys don't know dick. That's the most made up shit to get clicks ever. 
Even if we haven't struck out with Meyer (assuming we have) this is just dumb reporting. 

About to say,  the 995 memberships have probably grown like they hadn't seen before and need to keep them hooked. 

Ketch:

Update (11:10 pm)

A high-level university source has indicated that the Urban Meyer dream has ended after the former Ohio State coach indicated to Texas officials this weekend that he would not be returning to coaching because of his health.

When I asked the source if the pursuit of Meyer was something that might be revisited after the college football season is completed, I was told via text, "It's over."

1 minute ago, Harvdog said:

I think this is a test from inside Belmont.  They are leaking stories to see who runs with it and if they report.  Best way to smoke out a rat is to see who runs when given the only exit 

what if it is CDC so when he fires Herman he doesn't have to answer about Meyer...

Korn Ferry gonna get paid again?

2 minutes ago, Harvdog said:

I think this is a test from inside Belmont.  They are leaking stories to see who runs with it and if they report.  Best way to smoke out a rat is to see who runs when given the only exit 

Yeah too much conflicting weird shit flying around.

Just now, dcar00 said:

It felt like the Fox guys were trolling

I don’t think I’ll be able to watch that pre-game show anymore. And GameDay can suck it too. Guess I’ll just watch LHN pregame and tune into the games at kickoff. I’ve gotten pretty damn good at syncing Craig Way with my TV. So I have that going for me...which is nice. Just getting to the point where I don’t give much of a shit anymore. I’ll just keep rooting the Horns on the best I can like I always have and fuck it all. And for what it’s worth, just give me this guy...how could it be any worse?

image.gif.8ed6e11d617df11d89c9bbc658058cf8.gif

17 minutes ago, pearlandhorn said:

Night everyone.  The late afternoon crew is checking out.  I'm with @Happy Gilmore and say that it ain't over until we see Herman still as head coach next week or Urban publicly says he's not taking the job.

Brisket pics coming in a couple days.

Urban isn't coming out and saying anything publicly about the Texas job because there was no official opening.

• Like 1

Just now, CowtownHorn said:

I don’t think I’ll be able to watch that pre-game show anymore. And GameDay can suck it too. Guess I’ll just watch LHN pregame and tune into the games at kickoff. I’ve gotten pretty damn good at syncing Craig Way with my TV. So I have that going for me...which is nice. Just getting to the point where I don’t give much of a shit anymore. I’ll just keep rooting the Horns on the best I can like I always have and fuck it all. And for what it’s worth, just give me this guy...how could it be any worse?

image.gif.8ed6e11d617df11d89c9bbc658058cf8.gif

Yeah, I don't even watch them anymore.  I might when we are in the playoff hunt which may be never.

1 minute ago, Bruh Man said:

Ketch:

Update (11:10 pm)

A high-level university source has indicated that the Urban Meyer dream has ended after the former Ohio State coach indicated to Texas officials this weekend that he would not be returning to coaching because of his health.

When I asked the source if the pursuit of Meyer was something that might be revisited after the college football season is completed, I was told via text, "It's over."

Oh shit, it may be happening. 

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic