Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

5 minutes ago, CowtownHorn said:

I don’t think I’ll be able to watch that pre-game show anymore. And GameDay can suck it too. Guess I’ll just watch LHN pregame and tune into the games at kickoff. I’ve gotten pretty damn good at syncing Craig Way with my TV. So I have that going for me...which is nice. Just getting to the point where I don’t give much of a shit anymore. I’ll just keep rooting the Horns on the best I can like I always have and fuck it all. And for what it’s worth, just give me this guy...how could it be any worse?

image.gif.8ed6e11d617df11d89c9bbc658058cf8.gif

Nah - he jumped the shark years ago.

• Hook 'Em 1

I know Nahlin a little bit (friend of a friend times two- from people who are totally and completely unconnected to each other). 
he works hard, he talks to people, and he has sources. High enough to know wtf is going on with something like this?  Dunno. But I think he’s probably good people unlike Ketch or FCB, and he’s not a lazy ass like the AAS crew. 

Just now, Bruh Man said:

Goddamnit this sucks. This shit never should have got this deep if his health issues were not resolved.

its cover.  no one's fault for health issues, right?

someone can say we didn't start talking to him until after ISU and he gave us a quick no(health).  its bullshit.

Interview Grinch and Elko. They solidified their teams and recruiting. Even if you don't like them, you get others thinking of them. In essence you begin the negative recruiting without being the one to do it. And maybe somebody else takes them sooner rather than later. Hell maybe they show to be our answer.

Yes, interview Traylor. Like has been mentioned, if you find him to be the man, give him an incentive laden contract. He knows Texas. He knows the environment. He will recruit. You bring the talent. If you understand the game of football, you will succeed with that talent. The ADs office should provide the support staff to lessen the administrative burdens. The contract allows you to bail more easily. Brown left minimal talent outside of some seniors. Strong upgraded it some. Herman upgraded it more.

To heck with Cristobal, Mullen, and Penn State nimrod. They've shown flaws.

I don't think Campbell would come but I'd go for him over the above P5 guys.

With all these guys or anyone not named Meyer, it is about the interview. What's your expectation/vision? Who are you going to bring with you? The bringing with you is the biggest concern for a guy like Traylor. Has he been around enough to know people and who's worth a damn.

Like some have said conduct a proper search. In doing, all of the above should be considered.

Only if no Urban.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I know Nahlin a little bit (friend of a friend times two- from people who are totally and completely unconnected to each other). 
he works hard, he talks to people, and he has sources. High enough to know wtf is going on with something like this?  Dunno. But I think he’s probably good people unlike Ketch or FCB, and he’s not a lazy ass like the AAS crew. 

Nahlin does not seem like a douche but his job does depend on 9.95ers and a UT coach potentially getting hired and us going after a 3 time coach is like christmas on top of christmas.

Just now, dcar00 said:

Nahlin does not seem like a douche but his job does depend on 9.95ers and a UT coach potentially getting hired and us going after a 3 time coach is like christmas on top of christmas.

No doubt at all. 
I guess all I’m saying is if you want to fork over 9.95 a month that’s the place to do it, imo. 

12 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

Ketch:

Update (11:10 pm)

A high-level university source has indicated that the Urban Meyer dream has ended after the former Ohio State coach indicated to Texas officials this weekend that he would not be returning to coaching because of his health.

When I asked the source if the pursuit of Meyer was something that might be revisited after the college football season is completed, I was told via text, "It's over."

Yeah but unfortunately the bottom of his 6th frostie doesn't count as a source. Ketch knows nothing, FCB knows nothing, IT knows nothing.

2 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

Interview Grinch and Elko. They solidified their teams and recruiting. Even if you don't like them, you get others thinking of them. In essence you begin the negative recruiting without being the one to do it. And maybe somebody else takes them sooner rather than later. Hell maybe they show to be our answer.

Yes, interview Traylor. Like has been mentioned, if you find him to be the man, give him an incentive laden contract. He knows Texas. He knows the environment. He will recruit. You bring the talent. If you understand the game of football, you will succeed with that talent. The ADs office should provide the support staff to lessen the administrative burdens. The contract allows you to bail more easily. Brown left minimal talent outside of some seniors. Strong upgraded it some. Herman upgraded it more.

To heck with Cristobal, Mullen, and Penn State nimrod. They've shown flaws.

I don't think Campbell would come but I'd go for him over the above P5 guys.

With all these guys or anyone not named Meyer, it is about the interview. What's your expectation/vision? Who are you going to bring with you? The bringing with you is the biggest concern for a guy like Traylor. Has he been around enough to know people and who's worth a damn.

Like some have said conduct a proper search. In doing, all of the above should be considered.

Only if no Urban.

That’s not going to happen because they do not have a blank check to buy out Herman before they hire a new coach. Allegedly CDC is going to have to sell the BMDs on the new guy before they’ll give the cash to buy out Herman. 

TCU
Iowa State

If the POS didn't totally fuck up those two games, we are a satisfied group right now sitting at 7-1 and recruiting is probably in the top 5 rankings.

I still cannot grasp how badly Herman fucked up those two games. It was almost like he was actively trying to lose those games. 

Edited by Bruh Man
  • Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, Michael Knight said:

So like it being made public that UT was after Meyer puts Herman and the university in an untenable position. Whats Tom gonna say when a reporter asks him how he feels that UT tried to replace him?

They can’t keep him. Whatever their end game was - it can’t include keeping Herman in 2021. 

CDC is going to have to sell the BMDs on someone. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Steelers Roll Left said:

You’re not wrong, but that is the way the world works today.  This isn’t just a Texas problem even if that’s what the Herbie’s of the world want to sell.  The masses can weigh in with their opinions lazily and effortlessly without getting up from their couches.  I think we’re a little past changing ‘the culture’ unless someone takes Elon Musk’s suggestion, purchases social media platforms, and ‘pulls the plug’.  The trick is finding a way to succeed publicly in this mine field of mass public opinion.

Every school has some of that but when I've looked up internet searches on oklahoma, alabama, Ohio state, USC, and Georgia football teams they have their fan site but I don't see the sheer number of places reporting sources within the athletic department slamming the coaching staff or speculating its demise the way this has been. I've looked back several years worth but I haven't noticed nearly the same level as this one with all these professional reporters throwing out what I would imagine is supposed to be behind the scenes negotiation between the ad and a new coach while their current coach is still employed. I'm not talking about sites like this one where it's pure fan sites I'm talking about the actual people who are making money reporting on the University football teams. Based on the searches I've done it seems your university has an infestation of these types of parasites that I just don't see what the other major programs when doing simple searches. This is all info that goes straight to recruits and their parents and chances are they take the professional reporting sites as fact more than not even if it's BS

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

Just now, Hiphopopotamos said:

They can’t keep him. Whatever their end game was - it can’t include keeping Herman in 2021. 

There are 25 million reasons why they can and might have to keep Herman.

2 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

So like it being made public that UT was after Meyer puts Herman and the university in an untenable position. Whats Tom gonna say when a reporter asks him how he feels that UT tried to replace him?

Where’s the next flight out of HSB?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Wanker Bob said:

Every school has some of that but when I've looked up internet searches on oklahoma, alabama, Ohio state, USC, and Georgia football teams they have their fan site but I don't see the sheer number of places reporting sources within the athletic department slamming the coaching staff or speculating its demise the way this has been. I've looked back several years worth but I haven't noticed nearly the same level as this one with all these professional reporters throwing out what I would imagine is supposed to be behind the scenes negotiation between the ad and a new coach while their current coach is still employed. I'm not talking about sites like this one where it's pure fan sites I'm talking about the actual people who are making money reporting on the University football teams. Based on the searches I've done it seems your university has an infestation of these types of parasites that I just don't see what the other major programs when doing simple searches. This is all info that goes straight to recruits and their parents and chances are they take the professional reporting sites as fact more than not even if it's BS

Big-Lebowski-Donny-Element.gif

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

TCU
Iowa State

If the POS didn't totally fuck up those two games, we are a satisfied group right now sitting at 7-1 and recruiting is probably in the top 5 rankings.

I still cannot grasp how badly Herman fucked up those two games. It was almost like he was actively trying to lose those games. 

he got outcoached.  it happens regularly.  Patterson Riley Campbell are better coaches.  Gundy is basically equivalent but not nearly as much of an ass.  

3 of those don't have the talent Texas has.

• Hook 'Em 1

It’s insane because, in a vacuum, keeping Herman is the obviously logical move. There’s no obvious replacement (after Urban) and the buyouts are huge, especially during COVID times. But there’s no way that’s possible now without a fan/recruit revolt.

9 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

TCU
Iowa State

Well, there are the pesky Tech and WVU games, which very easily could've been losses -- probably should've been losses. Herman did not have a good year.

51 minutes ago, westexhorn said:

well, so what now?

Obviously there will be an evaluation on if we are better off with any of the other realistic candidates or letting Herman's staff have a 2nd year to build on.  I think it is highly likely that enough BMD's will at some point decide tha we are better off with a new coach and will come up with the buyout money.  At least if that is where CDC is also pushing them.

Depending on the staff they bring, I think Fickell, Campbell, or Franklin would improve the program and win us and conference title game within 3 years and play in another.  (And maybe Allen or Harsin.)

Suck it up, buttercups and move forward.

Edited by clapclapclap

2 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

It’s insane because, in a vacuum, keeping Herman is the obviously logical move. There’s no obvious replacement (after Urban) and the buyouts are huge, especially during COVID times. But there’s no way that’s possible now without a fan/recruit revolt.

This isn't a viable business anymore for UT a mass exodus has begun and will continue potentially causing irreparable damage for decades to come.

• Hook 'Em 2

I'll always wonder if anyone asked Meyer about hiring Herman.  I bet we end up with Fickell because Meyer will probably give him the seal of approval.  We dont have anyone else to really ask at this point.

I thought one possibility Urban might do it was to set up his son in law down the line.  maybe he couldn't get enough of his guys to leave OSU for Texas.

That’s not going to happen because they do not have a blank check to buy out Herman before they hire a new coach. Allegedly CDC is going to have to sell the BMDs on the new guy before they’ll give the cash to buy out Herman. 
I'm not sure how you pull that off. Hope and a prayer I suppose.

There's enough talent here to win next year. I've never been a Herman guy but I'm not convinced the risk isn't higher going elsewhere if it's not Urban. And I know we have recruiting issues. If we can't/won't do a legit search, then maybe Herm should stay.

So I have to get this off my chest....when the “ulcer” in Columbus was mentioned to Urban, IMO, he did a practiced, rehearsed reaction. The lean in. The “whaaaatttt?!” After....There is a little smirk in there which made me uncomfortable. If he played poker you would call it a tell. I, like many here, at first blush got chubbed up. But upon further review....I saw it and it didn’t feel right. I was hoping beyond hope to get urban here. And I’m not ready to call it. But if it has been called....then I don’t want my AD to sit idly by and let someone who isn’t even yet associated with the university start calling the shots. Fuck THAT guy. I’ll only give so much. When you start dragging me out....#WellByeGif

1 minute ago, clapclapclap said:

Obviously there will be an evaluation on if we are better off with any of the other realistic candidates or letting Herman's staff have a 2nd year to build on.  I think it is highly likely that the BMD's will at some point decide tha we are better off with a new coach and will come up with the buyout money.  At least if that is where CDC is also pushing them.

Depending on the staff they bring, I think Fickell, Campbell, or Franklin would improve the program and win us and conference title game within 3 years and play in another.

Suck it up, buttercups and move forward.

For recruiting reasons alone we have to move on. Kids know he’d be a lame-duck. We’d be lucky to recreate the shit class we’ve got this year. It’s going to absolutely fuck whoever takes over for 2022. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, UTEX_ME said:

If people in this comment section of this tweet share the same opinion as our admin no wonder we fucking are content with this shit. 

Anybody still getting their info from the Statesman shouldn't have their opinion count. 

• Hook 'Em 5

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic