Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

2 minutes ago, troph said:

There’s too much now saying it’s not Meyer.  I mean it could be but this isn’t a corporate deal, it’s an employment offer.  A month is a long long time for an executive deal.  3 months? 4? And with all the smoke saying the UM deal isn’t happening? It’s unlikely.  Truth is our climate suuuucks for someone as great as he is. I hate to say it but Texas BMD and weak AD and academics involved makes the power dynamics a cesspool. The simplest theory is Texas fucked it up again. 

Urban Meyer and UT are brands merging I think was my point, but now I am not so sure . . . 

cheers.

• Hook 'Em 1

I don't know what's worse - a) the delusion shared by so many on this thread that we were actually going to (or still may) get Urban Meyer, or b) the rationalizations of CDC's statement re: why it was written and what it really means.  

Oh please bschoolprof, do enlighten us with MBAisms. Show us the way in which one would/should write this statement. Do tell.
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

There is no way in hell Tom knows. It would leak out. That's guaranteed. You don't tell someone they're fired and expect them to keep it quiet. 

It happens in the corporate world all the time.  its already been "leaked" that Tom is gone.  BTW, I am not saying he is gone.

2 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

Urban Meyer and UT are brands merging I think was my point, but now I am not so sure . . . 

cheers.

I mean that made sense with the demands for control and all and made the October to early December back room discussions make sense. But very few people are saying UM is still in play. I just don’t see it. But I’ve seen Texas fuck it up coming and going. Sadly that’s what makes sense to me here too.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, troph said:

I hate to say it but Texas BMD and weak AD and academics involved makes the power dynamics a cesspool.

I've never understood what exactly this means.  Like it is a Tuesday and Urban wants to watch film but instead he has 3 people from the ADs office asking for the TPS reports?  He wants to offer a kid but the BMD bagmen say no, whereas at every other school they say yes?

What is the actual impact on his ability to recruit and game plan and practice?

Edited by Yesh
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, Rip76 said:

That’s a lot of stuff.

Night crew stuff.

We went after the trophy coach. He ran from a bad smell (skunk). This is no bueno. It’s a clown show. With poop and fire. We may need to join some kind of alcohol subscription service to make it thru this. Not sure us fans can survive the tornado of shit our football program has become. Smoke em if you got em. No one knows or can see the future. Fuck TH. 

I felt like it was pretty straightforward. Lol. Why emojis in a string like that makes me laugh I have no idea. UT football man! 

• Hook 'Em 2

What we know, or think we know is that Texas and Urban came to an agreement or the Texas guys were 100% sure Urban was going to say yes. All the noise from the insiders claims the same thing, Thursday night he was in the bag and Tom would be fire over the weekend. Then all of sudden things go silent for a day and everything is shot to hell. Who the fuck knows what happened but he probably sounded super positive in the meeting then took the night to talk to his family and they convinced him not to do it. Maybe that's the end of it or maybe it isn't. But our side was clear Urban was the guy and they were confident they were gonna get him so no plan B was ever really fleshed out. Now Texas has to scramble and people are dragging their heels maybe because of the money or maybe in the hope Meyer changes his mind. Meanwhile Tom is left twisting in the wind and CDC thinks it makes Texas and him look bad. 99% of the fanbase is oblivious to all of this, they have no idea anything is even going on or who Urban Meyer is, the Surly 1%ers are left holding their dicks and crying for blood but we don't matter to the powers that be.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

8 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

we don't and never have worked that way. I thought we might have changed but apparently we haven't. Herman being here is obviously still in play but CDC's statement actually gives me hope.

The options I see are 

1. CDC has already told Herman he is staying - unlikely given the milquetoast statement

2. Herman has been told he is gone and Urban is our guy but doesnt want to interrupt tOSU

3. Herman hasn't been told he is gone, CDC is non committal in private to him, and we are checking our options(which include Urban, others, or potentially keeping Herman)

4. Herman has been told he is gone and we are checking our options

Herman has 15M reasons not to burn this down and to play this out straight with effort.  AD's will call CDC to ask how Herman handled the end.  We will pay him as if he is a top 10 coach next year for doing absolutely nothing if he wants.

IMO, we are going after a big fish.  We aren't hiring a guy from G5 or lower P5 that we know will come right away and won't worry how it will affect his current team.

This is a good post and it makes a really good point. If Herman was truly back for 2021, why bother with the tepid endorsement? If you're bringing him back, you want to be a bit more committed to it. See Clay Helton announcement last year.

"I am pleased to let you know Coach Helton will continue to be our head coach," Bohn tweeted. "His commitment to our student-athletes and to leading with integrity is vital to restoring our championship program, which is the goal for all of our teams. Heading into 2020, Coach Helton and I will work together to take a hard look at all aspects of the football enterprise and will make the tough decisions necessary to compete at a championship level."

5 minutes ago, troph said:

I mean that made sense with the demands for control and all and made the October to early December back room discussions make sense. But very few people are saying UM is still in play. I just don’t see it. But I’ve seen Texas fuck it up coming and going. Sadly that’s what makes sense to me here too.

I appreciate the clarity.

I think we have one last shot at him and to me that means turnkey offer. Big hats may not like the loss of control, though. 

10 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Dan Mullen is not leaving Florida for Texas.

And that's ok. We already have a coach, who doesn't take every opponent seriously and doesn't always play his best players. Imagine the shitstorm of having our star TE sit out during a loss to Tech that stopped any realistic chance of making the playoffs.

We got that now. Why spend $25M to get the same thing?

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Yuk said:

This is a good post and it makes a really good point. If Herman was truly back for 2021, why bother with the tepid endorsement? If you're bringing him back, you want to be a bit more committed to it. See Clay Helton announcement last year.

"I am pleased to let you know Coach Helton will continue to be our head coach," Bohn tweeted. "His commitment to our student-athletes and to leading with integrity is vital to restoring our championship program, which is the goal for all of our teams. Heading into 2020, Coach Helton and I will work together to take a hard look at all aspects of the football enterprise and will make the tough decisions necessary to compete at a championship level."

yep. I'd have to look but CDC probably said something similar last year when we wanted him fired and he had to hire a brand new staff.

10 minutes ago, Yesh said:

I've never understood what exactly this means.  Like it is a Tuesday and Urban wants to watch film but instead he has 3 people from the ADs office asking for the TPS reports?  He wants to offer a kid but the BMD bagmen say no, whereas at every other school they say yes?

What is the actual impact on his ability to recruit and game plan and practice?

BMD would show up at practice or call Mack.  Also, who does the coach actually report to?  when decisions need to be made, you really don't know who is in charge.  nobody worth a shit really wants to be subjected to that kind of mess.

5 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

I appreciate the clarity.

I think we have one last shot at him and to me that means turnkey offer. Big hats may not like the loss of control, though. 

I'd love to be wrong.  I don't have any inside information, I'm just guessing.  I'll tell anyone that wants me to tell them they were right if it happens.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Yuk said:

Lol - the tinfoilers on this thread would have overanalyzed the shit out of that statement to convince themselves Helton was most definitely on the way out.  

"will continue to be" - they didn't say how long continue will be . . . ohh, and "heading into 2020" only means a few dats into 2020.  Helton's definitely gone!!  

9 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

What we know, or think we know is that Texas and Urban came to an agreement or the Texas guys were 100% sure Urban was going to say yes. All the noise from the insiders claims the same thing, Thursday night he was in the bag and Tom would be fire over the weekend. Then all of sudden things go silent for a day and everything is shot to hell. Who the fuck knows what happened but he probably sounded super positive in the meeting then took the night to talk to his family and they convinced him not to do it. Maybe that's the end of it or maybe it isn't. But our side was clear Urban was the guy and they were confident they were gonna get him so no plan B was ever really fleshed out. Now Texas has to scramble and people are dragging their heels maybe because of the money or maybe in the hope Meyer changes his mind. Meanwhile Tom is left twisting in the wind and CDC thinks it makes Texas and him look bad. 99% of the fanbase is oblivious to all of this, they have no idea anything is even going on or who Urban Meyer is, the Surly 1%ers are left holding their dicks and crying for blood but we don't matter to the powers that be.

wait, I thought you liked holding your dick.  I'm confused.

Nahlin doesn't know jack shit.  He's an ambitious guy that's jealous of Ketch and he's jut making shit up as it goes.  "that's the nail"my ass."  Herman will be our coach on NsD2.  Anyone want to bet otherwise?

LOL Jealous of ketch? Wait a mi...

giphy.gif
A DAY CREW MEMBER HAS LEAKED THROUGH! A DAY CREW MEMBER HAS LEAKED THROUGH! EVERYONE TO YOUR DESIGNATED DECONTAMINATION AREAS IMMEDIATELY.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

Just now, UncleBuck said:

LOL Jealous of ketch? Wait a mi...

giphy.gif
A DAY CREW MEMBER HAS LEAKED THROUGH! A DAY CREW MEMBER HAS LEAKED THROUGH! EVERYONE TO YOUR DESIGNATED DECONTAMINATION AREAS IMMEDIATELY.

What are you talking about?  You're day crew for life?!?!  We all know it and we got proof.

Nahlin and most 9.95ers HATE Ketch and for good reason.  His site is still the busiest by far and that kills Nahlin

I'm out ladies and fuckups.  fishing on the guadalupe tomorrow.  trout unlimited just dumped some rainbows in the water that belong to me.  it'll be cold and damp, might be a dumb move like being a Texas fan these days but what the hell.  up early so I'm out!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Just now, troph said:

I'd be over joyed every first of the month when I cashed my $5-hundo check. that's baller money!

true but he's cashing that whether his is the coach or not.   No one wants to be fired from a blue blood, they have to start over, rehabbing and will have the stain of failure on them.

serious question, is there a recent example of a coach being fired from a blue blood and going back to another blue blood and being successful?

If I was one of those 18 recruits that have committed to us and was just told Herman will definitely be back next year that would make me reconsider my commitment to UT.

What did the ISU game say? The OU (again) and the TCU (again) game say????

CDC had nothing to do with that, TH did.

CDC didn’t sell one thing, then deliver shit in those games. TH did (or didn’t)! THATS why the 18 year olds saw with there own eyes...CDC has nothing to do with that!

Moose out front should have told you!

Say you’re engaged to be married. Recent events have made your fiancé question if the two of you will be walking down the aisle in  August of next year. Your fiancé asks you, “hey I know we’ve been going through stuff but we are still getting married in august right?”

You say, “hey we’re engaged now. Will be engaged moving into 2021. I typically don’t make my evaluations about marriage until spring.” Would this be received well by your fiancé? 

402C746D-1000-45E0-95D4-7126BBF5D3A7.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic