Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

57 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

You left out the part where they were in the National Championship in his 3rd year after the shit show that was Willingham and Weiss. Its his fault his QB was a moron and cheated on an exam? Again, no one would give a shit if he's an asshole and wins. He's 43-6 the last 4 years after your "hE's On ThE hOt SeAt" assertion." Unlike Herman, Kelly has shown some ability to learn abd make positive changes.

Sir this is an Urban Meyer thread

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Texas Wahoo said:

Texas vs USC Alamo Bowl. Winner/loser gets Urban Meyer?

https://theathletic.com/2262186/2020/12/18/college-football-bowl-projections-2/

Wouldn't the loser of the B12 Championship take that spot in the Alamo Bowl?  I guess if Iowa St wins the B12 Championship and gets in the playoff somehow.  Then we get bumped up.

4 minutes ago, Tex48 said:

Wouldn't the loser of the B12 Championship take that spot in the Alamo Bowl?  I guess if Iowa St wins the B12 Championship and gets in the playoff somehow.  Then we get bumped up.

Mendel is projecting Iowa State to lose, but stay ahead of Indiana for a spot in the Fiesta Bowl. 

2 minutes ago, Texas Wahoo said:

Mendel is projecting Iowa State to lose, but stay ahead of Indiana for a spot in the Fiesta Bowl. 

Us vs USC or Miami are matchups I feel like I could get excited for.  (Following Mendel's setup with those possibilities). 

3 minutes ago, TexasEx said:

30,000 foot view: Urban has always made sense if you look at his history and at our situation. It’s us and USC.

If he’s interested in the NFL, then all the health and family stuff is utter bullshit. 

• Drool 1

4 minutes ago, Ricky Butler said:

30,000 foot view: Urban has always made sense if you look at his history and at our situation. It’s us and USC.

If he’s interested in the NFL, then all the health and family stuff is utter bullshit. 

Agree. This x1000. Everything made sense and was a go until all of a sudden it wasn't. Calling BS. This is going down. 

• Hook 'Em 4

In the college game, Urban is a sure thing. In the NFL, he’s a crapshoot at best. He’d potentially be a terrible hire for an NFL team.

8 minutes ago, C-Man said:

In the college game, Urban is a sure thing. In the NFL, he’s a crapshoot at best. He’d potentially be a terrible hire for an NFL team.

Exactly. Plus if the health issues are real. He wouldn't be doing himself any favors taking over a team like the fucking Jaguars. Buddy would stroke out by the end of Pre-season 

Urban is with one of his daughters. Not screencapping because it will give her a notification and that seems weird(er than what I'm already doing).

https://instagram.com/stories/nicki_meyer_dennis/2467304706894279721?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=1uwykapgp3o4k

Guessing all that means is that she's in LA? He should be on set tomorrow - correct?

Edited by ztejas
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Urban is with one of his daughters. Not screencapping because it will give her a notification and that seems weird(er than what I'm already doing).

https://instagram.com/stories/nicki_meyer_dennis/2467304706894279721?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=1uwykapgp3o4k

Guessing all that means is that she's in LA? He should be on set tomorrow - correct?

MILF alert

12 minutes ago, ztejas said:

What a proud poppa. 

LA is a mess right now. Stay safe fellow Southern Californians.

1 hour ago, washparkhorn said:

missed that one. Glad he's confirming he will likely coach again. 

Hell yes. 

FYI, to anyone wondering like I was if this was actually from this week, I went to the podcasts, listened, and confirmed it was the December 18 (today) podcast.

That's a much more open admission he'll probably coach again than he gave just a few days ago to Cowherd.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, FloridaHorn said:

So, reports now state we may have some competition for Urban. UCLA to explore firing Kelley and bringing UM on board. UCLA AD is a "genuine friend" of UM from their days at tOSU. Unsure how to embed the story, but here is the link.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/report-ucla-could-move-on-from-chip-kelly-target-urban-meyer/ar-BB1c1jNY?ocid=spartan-ntp-feeds

If you want that BDE, you got to keep up with the rest of the thread.

Buried somewhere in the 10 pages before you: If you're an AD and want everyone to think you're keeping your coach, this is how it's done.

On 12/18/2020 at 8:01 AM, DontCallMeSurly said:

Edited by TheBryMan81