Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

2 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Other than the fact that he is not our coach currently and we are in discussions with other coaches about the job opening? 

Why aren't the coaches we're in discussions with our coach now? Did they also decline because they're not our coaches now?

Just say you believe UM declined, because it hasn't been *reported. 

*no one has a stand alone story on Urban Meyer declining, only reference to FCB/Bohls story of Urban Meyer's "indication."

Edited by UncleBuck
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Just now, Nicole44 said:

Enough foreplay! Exactly. Fuck or go home! 
UM or bust! 

I dig you trying to bring some night crew energy to day shift. But let's let them play in their depressing little sandbox until it's time to fucking go! 

Just now, pops said:

I dig you trying to bring some night crew energy to day shift. But let's let them play in their depressing little sandbox until it's time to fucking go! 

It’s sad. It’s like they all forgot how to fuck and think they are posting in the Covid thread on the Daily Texan. 

3 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Other than the fact that he is not our coach currently and we are in discussions with other coaches about the job opening? 

That amounts to definitive proof to you? Enough to call people that think otherwise theyre delusional? 

3 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Why aren't the coaches we're in discussions with our coach now? Did they also decline because they're not our coaches now?

Just say you believe UM declined, because it hasn't been *reported. 

*no one has a stand alone story on Urban Meyer declining, only reference to FCB/Bohls story of Urban Meyer's "indication."

You are trying too hard to want this to be true. 

Just now, Mikey4 said:

Kurt Bowels said he confirmed with 2 administration sources that urban said no

That's the rub, he confirmed FCB's story with admin sources. FCB's story is "indicated that he maybe will maybe not but leaning toward not coaching again."

"But what about the Texas job? He turned it down?"

"He told us he might not coach again, so yah."

"But he didn't say "no" or anything definite?"

"Yah....  he indicated to us he might not..."

"Works for me. Confirmed."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Newy25 said:

You really don’t have the credibility to be calling out anyone’s opinion or conclusions, sir. 

I have enough "credibility" to call you out. If you want to buy into the 9.95 bullshit thats fine, but lets not get smug about it and act like people who think theyre full of shit are delusional. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

You are trying too hard to want this to be true. 

I don't think Urban Meyer will be our next coach, but to say he declined the job with the report we've been given and confirmation of said report would be false. I want better reporting, and figure someone who wants to hop on the interwebs and call others "delusional" wouldn't so easily fall prey to shitty reporting. 

edit: apparently I don't spell "prey" enough. #pray

Edited by UncleBuck
  • Hook 'Em 1

So last Saturday mid afternoon CDC drops his turd of a statement in support of Herman. Odds of UT announcing anything tomorrow? 

Anyone hearing any rumors? Someone I am friends with that worked as an academic advisor in the athletic department was saying she’d heard from colleagues that after weeks of silence activity has picked up in the past three days. I don’t know what means.

Fuck or go home! Urban or bust! 

Edited by Nicole44
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, Nicole44 said:

So last Saturday mid afternoon CDC drops his turd of a statement in support of Herman. Odds of UT announcing anything tomorrow? 

We need to buy time. My guess is letting Herman coach the bowl game is a good way to do it. In between our bowl game and the end of tOSU's season is when I think the speculation will start to get extra uncomfortable. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Mikey4 said:
18 minutes ago, Caddox said:
Besides 9.95ers what are you basing this on?

Kurt Bowels said he confirmed with 2 administration sources that urban said no. That's the best, solid evidence that Urban will indeed be the coach at Texas in 2021.

Please @ me if you are going to copy and paste

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Caddox said:

I have enough "credibility" to call you out. If you want to buy into the 9.95 bullshit thats fine, but lets not get smug about it and act like people who think theyre full of shit are delusional. 

You called your shot. You were wrong or full of shit. A normal person would have maybe laid low and lurked but here you are. Calling out other’s intel. Bold move, Cotton. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Holy shit this one is going way above my head. What's I miss about hammers?

Basically Nahlin is saying that they are sometimes told stuff that they cannot report because they'd get completely shut out if they spilled. Hence the phrase, "getting the hammer".

• Hook 'Em 3

16 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

You really don’t have the credibility to be calling out anyone’s opinion or conclusions, sir. 

This coming from someone who cites 9.95ers reports as news, and also misquotes their report of leaning toward not take the job as a definitive rejection.  Then follows it by claiming we are in discussions with other candidates when there have been no reports of such actual discussions but rather just 9.95ers again throwing out names of who they think we might go after once the bowls ate done.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

With all due respect, is there anyone in surly that can vouch for you in real life? The last time it was asked, no one vouched.

And remember, I did say with all due respect.

0cd080f6ebe9eddd9f8459a596712f42.gif

5 minutes ago, Octavian said:

Basically Nahlin is saying that they are sometimes told stuff that they cannot report because they'd get completely shut out if they spilled. Hence the phrase, "getting the hammer".

Hmmm.

I thought he was taking a swipe at the poster, saying the poster was lucky not to get the ban hammer.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Nahlin said that with UM he would either hit us over the head with a hammer when it’s dead or hit with a champagne cork if it happens. He’s basically saying it’s not dead 

• Hook 'Em 4

I don’t necessarily believe they’re conspiring with the athletic department to keep info on the down low. I think it’s more likely they’re being fed bullshit by BMDs and BOR types who were in the room when the deal was done at the request of UM so as not to shit the bed like they did with the Saban deal by telling anyone who would listen what’s happening.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

13 minutes ago, Octavian said:

6 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

No.  He said he'd give us the hammer if Urban wasn't coming, like he wouldn't beat around the bush.  I guess I read that as we haven't gotten the hammer yet

3 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Nahlin said that with UM he would either hit us over the head with a hammer when it’s dead or hit with a champagne cork if it happens. He’s basically saying it’s not dead 

exactly, and he's consistently called the Urban turning us down, a soft mallet, i.e. not a full on hard no, leaving the door open.

1 hour ago, RGBIII said:

Sounds like the corner is Barron. Still thinking the 3.5 name is Brian Kelly

Not sure why Michigan isn't going after Brian Kelly with all of his time coaching in that recruiting area (Grand Valley State, Central Michigan, Cincinnati, and Notre Dame)

• Hook 'Em 1