Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

1 minute ago, closetohumping said:

Id be ok with that but I suspect Urban would be jonesing for that job.

If the reports about Notre Dame academics and lack of pay and financial support are accurate........I don't care what Urban says he aint going to ND if they aren't going to pay for him to have his support staff and coaches and to be able to keep them there.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Id be ok with that but I suspect Urban would be jonesing for that job.

ND seems to think their shit doesn't stink, though. Think they're willing to bring him on despite the off-the-field baggage he brings? They also won't pay anywhere close to what we've likely offered.

• Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

I just love square toe dropping that rap game knowledge.  Very Texan of you and I approve.

And as a Dallas guy, Houston just fuckin smokes us in the rap game.  UGK alone would be enough but Fat Pat, Slim thug, Lil' Flip, Travis Scott, Paul Wall, and of course, DJ Screw put Houston up against any city in the country.

I'm team Dallas over Houston in most matters but comparing Dallas rap to Houston rap is like aggy claiming they're more of a blue blood than Texas. Go ahead and add Chamillionaire, Geto Boys, Maxo Kream, Megan Thee Stallion, Lizzo, Don Tolliver, Mike Jones, SPM - I mean fuck, do I need to keep going? That's just off the top of my head without googling anything. 

Dallas has a few fringe guys where someone shows me something and I think "oh I didn't know he was from Dallas, that's neat" or "no I've never heard that song". Post Malone is from Grapevine and an LA product. So, cool. Dallas can claim him but he's not really repping the city.

39 minutes ago, Blackcat00 said:

Travis Scott did more on one album than Dallas Rappers have done in three decades. 

Shut it down.

• Hook 'Em 5

Given that this is going to be a post New Years Bowls/NFL season situation, I’m not sure the posters on this thread will be able to make it. We are already in the rob liquor stores for drug money part of the addiction phase. Next will be the prostituting ourselves in a seedy alley for drug money phase. 3 weeks from now? I’m not sure we can get that far alive. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I'm team Dallas over Houston in most matters but comparing Dallas rap to Houston rap is like aggy claiming they're more of a blue blood than Texas. Go ahead and add Chamillionaire, Geto Boys, Maxo Kream, Megan Thee Stallion, Lizzo, Don Tolliver, Mike Jones, SPM - I mean fuck, do I need to keep going? That's just off the top of my head without googling anything. 

Dallas has a few fringe guys where someone shows me something and I think "oh I didn't know he was from Dallas, that's neat" or "no I've never heard that song". Post Malone is from Grapevine and an LA product. So, cool. Dallas can claim him but he's not really repping the city.

Shut it down.

once again this is 2020 stop living in the past houston is irrelevant in rap 

bruh added lizzo & maxo kream 

• Fuck You 1

8 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Given that this is going to be a post New Years Bowls/NFL season situation, I’m not sure the posters on this thread will be able to make it. We are already in the rob liquor stores for drug money part of the addiction phase. Next will be the prostituting ourselves in a seedy alley for drug money phase. 3 weeks from now? I’m not sure we can get that far alive. 

This is what Ive been saying. Its gonna be a while so we might as well all get comfortable. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, hornfromdallas said:

once again this is 2020 stop living in the past houston is irrelevant in rap 

bruh added lizzo & maxo kream 

Maxo Kream spits harder than anyone I've ever heard from Dallas. I have no idea why you're trying to play up some non existent Houston/Dallas rap beef. All of it is from the great state of Texas - no room for hate.

2 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Big Tuck’s “Southside Da Realist” was released in 2004 on his Purple Hulk album and to this day it is still the most iconic Dallas rap song to date. That album made Big Tuck a local star along with songs like “Tussle” and “Welcome To Dallas” thanks to his imposing personality, authoritative rap style and bleak storytelling of Dallas’ south side. “Southside Da Realist” is an anthem and an introduction to Dallas. The song never saw national mainstream success but in hip-hop circles it is a classic. So much so that rappers, i.e., Big K.R.I.T., RiFF RAFF, Post Malone, Boosie and Nipsey Hussle to name a few, bring out Big Tuck to perform the track in the middle of their sets. If not then it’s sure to be played during the DJ set. The hard-hitting track will continue to live on as Dallas’ most essential listening for rap fans.

Great track. But I can list a dozen Houston rap songs just as good almost immediately. Actually, I could list a dozen UGK tracks just as good. That isn't me hating on Dallas at all - Houston just happens to be one of the 4 rap meccas of the US with LA, Atlanta and NY.

1 minute ago, Newy25 said:

Urban Meyer declined the offer. That happened last Sunday. Obviously Texas is still trying but that is not new information. Only delusional fans on this thread somehow missed that news. 

Besides 9.95ers what are you basing this on?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Wat?!?

Born and raised in Dallas, Texas, Gibby Haynes is the son of actor Jerry Haynes, best known as Dallas-based children's TV host "Mr. Peppermint", and Doris Haynes. His uncle was Fred E. Haynes Jr. Haynes attended Trinity University to study accounting. After graduating, he went to work as an auditor for the accounting firm Peat Marwick.

I fucked up. Thought they were from Houston for some reason. Looks like they came out of SA with 2 members being from Austin and 2 from DFW. I will now flog myself and insert salt into the open wounds.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Urban Meyer declined the offer. That happened last Sunday. Obviously Texas is still trying but that is not new information. Only delusional fans on this thread somehow missed that news. 

Based on FCB saying that Urban Meyer "indicated" he was "leaning toward" not coaching again, then Kirk Bohlshit and the national media running with it? 

Imagine believing anything FCB says. Can't relate. 

• Hook 'Em 3

24 minutes ago, C-Man said:

ND seems to think their shit doesn't stink, though. Think they're willing to bring him on despite the off-the-field baggage he brings? They also won't pay anywhere close to what we've likely offered.

I think ND thinks they're piousness covers up for many sins.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

I used to hang with Joe King Carrasco for like 10 minutes in the 80s.  Anything you want me to ask him?

I listened to him in the 80s along with the Lotions, and the Judy's. The Dealers often played at parties. There was a Dallas band that was similar but I can't remember the name. Was Joe King Carrasco an Austin guy?