Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

7 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Not sure why Michigan isn't going after Brian Kelly with all of his time coaching in that recruiting area (Grand Valley State, Central Michigan, Cincinnati, and Notre Dame)

Last I read, I think they're sticking with Jim?  Michigan presents the same challenges as ND right?  And Probably a slightly smaller recruiting footprint.

Just now, Rip76 said:

Ok.  Maybe I didn’t read why between day and night shift, but why again is Brian Kelly leaving a team that may be in the final 4?

$$?

-$$ for him plus assistants plus support staff

-restrictions on recruiting from an academic standpoint

-currently maxed out at ND

14 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

I don’t necessarily believe they’re conspiring with the athletic department to keep info on the down low. I think it’s more likely they’re being fed bullshit by BMDs and BOR types who were in the room when the deal was done at the request of UM so as not to shit the bed like they did with the Saban deal by telling anyone who would listen what’s happening.

And this is what has given me so much hope all along. If we were actually going some other direction, there would be a whole lot more noise about it than there is imho. It's just sooooo quiet, and that's good, imho, like I and others have said all along. Hopefully the Saban deal taught them well.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, General Specific said:

You say this like it’s a bad thing!

True. Who hasn't gotten shit-faced at the golf course?

The gutless sumbitch should've snorted a few lines before kickoff. It'd give him BDE instead of turtleing. He should change his pregame at his next HC gig.

1 hour ago, UncleBuck said:

Interesting How Burton just casually dropped the "UM declined invitation" in there. Wondering if he heard something new and isn't spilling, or what...

May be some smokescreens going on right now to keep things quiet.  Better to go silent, than fuck things up...

1552d64d-98d5-43bf-b139-90b951f84ec0_tex

12 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

-$$ for him plus assistants plus support staff

-restrictions on recruiting from an academic standpoint

-currently maxed out at ND

To expound on this a little more - 

Kelly has seen both Elko and Lea leave for more money in the last few years - yes Lea took a HC job but its possible he might have waited another year for a better opportunity if ND was willing to pay more.  Allegedly the support staff at ND in numbers and dollars isn't near what is being spent at places like Ohio or Alabama.

While ND does recruit well nationally it would be a hell of a lot easier to have a local talent base to pull from.  Also Kelly wouldn't have to worry about any of the academic restrictions ND athletic enrollments.

All of this, and ND being overwhelmed by more talented teams in the playoffs, might lead Kelly to believe that if he wants to win a title he may need to move on to another school.

Well, all of that, and the ridiculous dollars Texas might be willing to throw at its very experienced and successful Plan B.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, runthebone said:

First of all, fuck Kunt Bohls, and shame on you for using that douchebag as a source for anything other than a story on being a cocksucker.

"Confirmed the story" is all about how you ask the question.  "Did Urban say no?" and "Is Chip's story correct?" are very different.

This is the BDE we're looking for UM believers. Fuck no, UM didn't say "no". And FCB, too

Believe breeathing christmas GIF - Find on GIFER

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

To expound on this a little more - 

Kelly has seen both Elko and Lea leave for more money in the last few years - yes Lea took a HC job but its possible he might have waited another year for a better opportunity if ND was willing to pay more.  Allegedly the support staff at ND in numbers and dollars isn't near what is being spent at places like Ohio or Alabama.

While ND does recruit well nationally it would be a hell of a lot easier to have a local talent base to pull from.  Also Kelly wouldn't have to worry about any of the academic restrictions ND athletic enrollments.

All of this, and ND being overwhelmed by more talented teams in the playoffs, might lead Kelly to believe that if he wants to win a title he may need to move on to another school.

Well, all of that, and the ridiculous dollars Texas might be willing to throw at its very experienced and successful Plan B.

Lost to Charlie Strong.  Do not want.

True. Who hasn't gotten shit-faced at the golf course?
The gutless sumbitch should've snorted a few lines before kickoff. It'd give him BDE instead of turtleing. He should change his pregame at his next HC gig.

Confirmed. I should wait until AFTER my rounds before snorting.... that explains so much about my scores being so high!

1 hour ago, BurntEyes said:

Wat?!?

Born and raised in Dallas, Texas, Gibby Haynes is the son of actor Jerry Haynes, best known as Dallas-based children's TV host "Mr. Peppermint", and Doris Haynes. His uncle was Fred E. Haynes Jr. Haynes attended Trinity University to study accounting. After graduating, he went to work as an auditor for the accounting firm Peat Marwick.

As a Trinity grad, this hits close to home.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Caddox said:

We need to buy time. My guess is letting Herman coach the bowl game is a good way to do it. In between our bowl game and the end of tOSU's season is when I think the speculation will start to get extra uncomfortable. 

The earlier tOSU loses, the faster we might get Urban... 🤘

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Think we've really dodged a bullet so far by not having any discussions about Felt/Straw hats in Winter/Summer guidelines.... of course I could have missed it. 

Only white straw hats are permissible during winter.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

Last I read, I think they're sticking with Jim?  Michigan presents the same challenges as ND right?  And Probably a slightly smaller recruiting footprint.

Deeper Pockets, and not as many academic issues for football players at Michigan vs Notre Dame.  Folks in Michigan are sick of being tOSU's bitch so they're close to doing whatever it takes to win again...

6 minutes ago, troph said:

who is suggesting Kelly to Texas?

and then with all the BS at Notre Dame, why would UM want to go there?

Kelly mentioned as a possibility by several $9.95ers.  Also earlier today, @RGBIII mentioned Kelly as possible 3.5 option in play...

Edited by LTtxfan

1 hour ago, Newy25 said:

Urban Meyer declined the offer. That happened last Sunday. Obviously Texas is still trying but that is not new information. Only delusional fans on this thread somehow missed that news. 

Has there been a clear, understandable and believable reason why he turned us down?

Maybe I should, but I find it difficult to accept the “health” reason after a long courtship since the OU game. Also do you really kick the tires on staff if you pull the plug based on health?  Seems that bridge would have been crossed much earlier in the process.

From reports it seems like he wants to coach again.  Unfortunately I am not buying the grand conspiracy of he has accepted and waiting for OSU season to end.

At the end of this, would like to know what caused the sudden reversal after what seems like a no brain  decision is to coach again for the money being offered.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Yes, they gave him an extension

My Michigan buddy who is pretty tied in says they are still discussing the extension -- not done yet.

I found this from 30 minutes ago...

Rivals:   "Jim Harbaugh, who has one year remaining on his deal, met with athletic director Warde Manuel Thursday evening, but there has been no announcement. "

Also 247:  https://247sports.com/college/michigan/Article/Jim-Harbaugh-Warde-Manuel-to-meet-Thursday-night-to-discuss-future-contract-extension-hot-seat-157194065/

• Hook 'Em 1