Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

45 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

I'll stick around until something official is said. Countdown begins after the KU game is played/cancelled. 

Nah, the final countdown will be when Ohio State finishes its season. Two weeks after that, I’ll concede.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, alphahorn said:

Just got home after flying back from a weekend in Austin and am catching up on the last several hours.  Reading Caddox's post all I can say is BS.  This doesn't sound like the response of Urban Meyer.  The stress of the negotiations isn't going to shut him down.  Perhaps I'm just way to hopeful, but this sounds like CDC has stressed to all the insiders that we need to give the appearance that for now at least discussions are off with Meyer while we still have another coach under contract.  And I think the magnitude of this potential hire is finally enough to get all the insiders on board and unified.  If we truly reached out to Meyer as much as a month ago and he expressed interest in the job as has been reported, then until we announce Herman is coming back or he's fired and another coach is under contract, I'm betting Urban is still our guy. Perhaps I'm going down with this ship, but I'm riding it to the finish

I Like You Aww GIF

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just got home after flying back from a weekend in Austin and am catching up on the last several hours.  Reading Caddox's post all I can say is BS.  This doesn't sound like the response of Urban Meyer.  The stress of the negotiations isn't going to shut him down.  Perhaps I'm just way to hopeful, but this sounds like CDC has stressed to all the insiders that we need to give the appearance that for now at least discussions are off with Meyer while we still have another coach under contract.  And I think the magnitude of this potential hire is finally enough to get all the insiders on board and unified.  If we truly reached out to Meyer as much as a month ago and he expressed interest in the job as has been reported, then until we announce Herman is coming back or he's fired and another coach is under contract, I'm betting Urban is still our guy. Perhaps I'm going down with this ship, but I'm riding it to the finish

I’m with you. I think it’s a delay tactic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

At this point I'm doubtful but I don't feel strongly enough one way or another to argue it.  I will say though that I disagree with the part about including the insiders and them working in conjunction with CDC.  Those guys are nothing but a bunch of scumbags and can't be trusted with anything, and I'm sure CDC thinks that.  He may be feeding them misinformation to get everyone off the track, but I don't at all believe the insiders are trustworthy enough to be in on it.

17 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

Sometimes, a thing is exactly what it is, and not something else.

We offered. He said "Only if X." So we said "Sure, here you go, here's X." Then he said, "But I also want Y." And we said, "Ok, here's Y." And then he said, "Son of a bitch, I never thought you'd offer me that. I... have to think about it." And then he realized he never wanted it.

That's all there is to it. So Herman's going to be replaced by someone else.

17 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

You're speaking my language investor-bro

i'm back let's go GIF by Fox Searchlight

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic