Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

IF urban turned us down for real then I feel a panic hire coming. Of course Herman has to go because I just can’t anymore with him. But holy fuck there’s literally no one besides Urban that makes me believe they can come here and turn it around quick. Urban wouldn’t just win games next year he would flip recruiting immediately and win games. Anyone else is gonna be baby steps in recruiting and winning games next year. Fuck I’m depressed again.

45 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

It we hire a new coach for 2021 and Herman is still employed Saturday night then cdc should be fired. I’d fire Herman today and give the reigns to Ash. But if he wants Herman to finish the season that’s tolerable especially if he gave his word he would do so

Blow me. UM said no. What is he supposed to do? 

• Hook 'Em 3

59 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

All I know is if 12 million a year doesn't get him due to health reasons I hope CDC has called his agent back to see if 15 million a year makes those health reasons go away.  If he says no to that we offer 20 million.  

Fuck all that.  At this point you call Urban and tell him he has 24 hours left to decide on $12 million/year and then after that the offer is invalid.  Don’t let him go shop that shit around with USC or Fox or anyone else!  You’ve already laid out the red carpet, make him decide if he wants to get on board.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Horn Dogg said:

Fuck all that.  At this point you call Urban and tell him he has 24 hours left to decide on $12 million/year and then after that the offer is invalid.  Don’t let him go shop that shit around with USC or Fox or anyone else!  You’ve already laid out the red carpet, make him decide if he wants to get on board.

I think he just likes USC better if that option opens up.  We are fucked.

1 minute ago, westexhorn said:

I think he just likes USC better if that option opens up.  We are fucked.

Exactly.  You have to assume he would take that over us, but put him in the position where he has to pick the bird in hand or wait on the one in the bush.  I’m guessing it would be a mindfuck for him to have to consider passing on $12 million/year if he thought it was about to dry up.

2 minutes ago, Horn Dogg said:

Exactly.  You have to assume he would take that over us, but put him in the position where he has to pick the bird in hand or wait on the one in the bush.  I’m guessing it would be a mindfuck for him to have to consider passing on $12 million/year if he thought it was about to dry up.

Well since the "flirtation" is over, then just walk away and conduct an appropriate search.  If USC ends up not opening for him he may circle back knowing that he may never get a 12m/y offer.

CeddyB of Twitter Trio fame is posting the same UF timeline and has firmly committed to the smoke screen / it's happening theory, for what that's worth (nothing).

I know some surly user dug into RapGameLarry and had reason to believe he had potential for clout. Did anyone vet CeddyB or make any sort of connection? Not that it matters, it's just better than discussing gloom and doom and I'm simply curious. 

3 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

If urban turns us down and then goes anywhere else then cdc should be fired on the spot. 

Why?  CDCs job was to coordinate and make a great offer to Urban and if he just doesn’t want to coach at Texas then CDCs job after that is to find a coach who will be successful at Texas.  He can’t make Urban choose Texas.  

• Hook 'Em 6

Reasons to hold out hope (add ones I'm forgetting or delete post/ban user if some of these have been disproven at this point I'm unaware of):

- Urban's tOSU hiring timeline/history from 2011

- primary "No" story broken by pseudo-journalist Chip Brown (FCB) (Related, see: FCB's history for wrong reports/Herman to LSU/UT to PAC-12)

- FCB article doesn't state Meyer provided UT definitive "No" - only "leaning that way."

- other "journalists" reporting Meyer's "No" appear to be just piggy-backing FCB's story and/or "source"

- plausible theory that a "No" answer was leaked in order to give Urban, potential Urban staff hires, and UT admins some cover to make it at least another week (or maybe more) without media scrutiny. (Related, see: Urban's tOSU hiring history/timeline)

- supposedly connected posters Mr. Orange, Caddox remaining optimistic and insisting definitive "No" has not been provided that they're aware of.

#NightCrewSunshinePumpingMotherFucker

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, D_Goose said:

Reasons to hold out hope (add ones I'm forgetting or delete post/ban user if some of these have been disproven at this point I'm unaware of):

- primary "No" story broken by pseudo-journalist Chip Brown (FCB) (Related, see: FCB's history for wrong reports/Herman to LSU/UT to PAC-12)

- FCB article doesn't state Meyer provided UT definitive "No" - only "leaning that way."

- other "journalists" reporting Meyer's "No" appear to be just piggy-backing FCB's story and/or "source"

- plausible theory that a "No" answer was leaked in order to give Urban, potential Urban staff hires, and UT admins some cover to make it at least another week (or maybe more) without media scrutiny. (Related, see: Urban's tOSU hiring history/timeline)

- supposedly connected posters Mr. Orange, Caddox remaining optimistic and insisting definitive "No" has not been provided that they're aware of.

Didn't someone said Thamel was in Rich Eisen show today and he basically agreed with the reports out there?

24 minutes ago, BachelorTrek said:

EXCEPT that's exactly what happened when we shitshowed our last baseball coach search -- every desirable baseball head coach got a large raise to stay put and tell us, "no," -- meanwhile, Perrin had to beg a no-skins-on-the-wall David Pierce from Tulane to come here. First thing he did was pull in the fences at the Disch because he can't teach anyone to hit. This year will be another wasted year at the Disch, too, assuming they're allowed to finish a season. smh

You know there's a baseball forum, right? You don't have to bring up Pierce in every post you make on the football board. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, UrbanTheMeyer said:

If yall're right about the administration trying to protect tOSU's run, that puts the hiring of Meyer in January, which means 1 thing:

WE NEED TO RALLY BEHIND HERMAN TO SALVAGE ANYTHING FROM THIS RECRUITING CLASS

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

That is CDC's job.

45 minutes ago, Ultimate Failure said:

The coaches of all rivals, major and minor, should be called.  If we're not interested, we should pretend to be.  Getting their salaries increased reduces the amount of money the schools can spend on competing against us.

I like it. That's some Machiavellian, F1 Team Boss-level maneuvering.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Belmont needs to ask itself why schools like Cincinnati get it right at a higher rate than Texas. 
I'd have no problem hiring a top assistant.  At least we would know they wouldn't bring their entire previous staffs like Herman and Strong did.  
Schools like Cincy hire a coach, give them what they need then step out of the way and let them do what they were hired to do. A job at a so-called "blue blood" comes with tons of extra bullshit including some expectations that often veer into unrealistic territory.

Literally only 2 things attractive to coaches when it come to a blueblood job..the money and prestige, but that last one only comes with success, and often means meeting or beating what were able to do and give the school blue blood status in the first place. Tv talking heads can spout off about how attractive a job like Texas is all they want, but imagining being the coach at such a place and the reality are often two different things.

15 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

If urban turns us down and then goes anywhere else then cdc should be fired on the spot. 

So what you're basically saying is that the boosters' favored coach's decision not to coach for us, to replace the guy hired by his predecessor, the guy who got an extension over CDC's objections by the University president, somehow indicates a failing of CDC?

Pardon the fuck out of me for asking, but what exactly did you expect CDC to do here? What precisely did he do wrong?

Because it seems to me that CDC was hired to do a job, and just about everyone from the boosters to the president are doing everything possible to keep him from doing that job.

Fire the president. Fire the boosters, even. But CDC? Are you fucking nuts?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 2

23 minutes ago, Spankytoes said:

Blow me. UM said no. What is he supposed to do? 

I’ve laid out precisely what CDC should have and for all we know may have done. I do not believe we are in negotiations with Urban. It’s either done and on hold till the end of the season or it’s off. My point is if CDC has made the decision to hire a new coach then he needs to cut Herman loose after the Kansas game or sooner if it’s canceled. 

Belmont needs to ask itself why schools like Cincinnati get it right at a higher rate than Texas. 
I'd have no problem hiring a top assistant.  At least we would know they wouldn't bring their entire previous staffs like Herman and Strong did.  
Schools like Cincy hire a coach, give them what they need then step out of the way and let them do what they were hired to do. A job at a so-called "blue blood" comes with tons of extra bullshit including some expectations that often veer into unrealistic territory.

Literally only 2 things attractive to coaches when it come to a blueblood job..the money and prestige, but that last one only comes with success, and often means meeting or beating what were able to do and give the school blue blood status in the first place. Tv talking heads can spout off about how attractive a job like Texas is all they want, but imagining being the coach at such a place and the reality are often two different things.

11 minutes ago, D_Goose said:

Chip Brown is this guy 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTHYDowV7QrV-50Dm95e6L

That's what the life changing money's for.

31 minutes ago, BERT said:

Why do people keep saying this? CDC can't make someone say yes. He's not the mob. 

We didn’t bring him here to get turned down by urban Meyer only to watch him go to a usc or Michigan. I said if he turns us down then gets hired by another school. You wouldn’t care that your new supposed bad ass AD lost a top coach? Then no wonder we will continue to suck.

25 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

You know there's a baseball forum, right? You don't have to bring up Pierce in every post you make on the football board. 

I think the point was that the exact same thing could happen here in this hire a new football coach that's hopefully CUM thread. 

18 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

So what you're basically saying is that the boosters' favored coach's decision not to coach for us, to replace the guy hired by his predecessor, the guy who got an extension over CDC's objections by the University president, somehow indicates a failing of CDC?

Pardon the fuck out of me for asking, but what exactly did you expect CDC to do here? What precisely did he do wrong?

Because it seems to me that CDC was hired to do a job, and just about everyone from the boosters to the president are doing everything possible to keep him from doing that job.

Fire the president. Fire the boosters, even. But CDC? Are you fucking nuts?

I’ve already stated it but the AD makes the hires not the prez or boosters. If urban says I’m not coming because of health reasons then next season gets scooped up by a usc or Michigan(just tossing names out) then how in the world would anyone be like “yea we have a bad ass AD” ?

Maybe I’m wrong but we hired CDC to get this hire right. We didn’t bring him here to get denied and then go find another plan b coach. If that’s what’s gonna happen then why did we bring him in?

I wish now that all the Urban flirtation had been done even more low key than it was done.  Since there was never an open job, Urban was in no position to have a press conference and very publicly turn down Tom Herman's job.  UT ass clowns leak the no dice yesterday and it spreads with the FCB crowd and our administration all look like fools.  Everyone would have been better off not saying or leaking jack shit.   Even the Fox Big Noon crew was goofing us on Saturday and we did not even realize it was happening, just drinking, grinning like possums and waiting for the next RapGameLarry or Squidward tweet.    Stunned and pissed.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

I wish now that all the Urban flirtation had been done even more low key than it was done.  Since there was never an open job, Urban was in no position to have a press conference and very publicly turn down Tom Herman's job.  UT ass clowns leak the no dice yesterday and it spreads with the FCB crowd and our administration all look like fools.  Everyone would have been better off not saying or leaking jack shit.   Even the Fox Big Noon crew was goofing us on Saturday and we did not even realize it was happening, just drinking, grinning like possums and waiting for the next RapGameLarry or Squidward tweet.    Stunned and pissed.

How much was “leaked” and how much was made-up bullshit?

Edited by Coelenterate Fuccboi
  • Hook 'Em 2

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic