Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

26 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I was fully confident Meyer said no a week ago. I can now say for the first time with full confidence the Meyer flirtation is over. This thread is done.

There's a chance that his source is being fed misinformation because all this bullshit was putting Urban and the Ohio State guys he wants in an uncomfortable position. Imagine Day having a meeting and getting a text form the AD that says "pretty sure Urban is stealing three of your most important staff members, oh and beat the hell out of michigan." That's how you put napalm on the ohio state bridge for Meyer, and he doesn't want to do that. If you wait till their season is over then its fair play man. 

• Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

That's my cue! Y'all ready to get this party started again?!

In today's news, the Kendra Scott plane is back to being the flight of mild intrigue. After it's flight from Sarasota, FL to Austin on Thursday, it sat until this afternoon. It's inaugural flight of the day out of Austin has it in route to Lajitas, TX which is located in BFE and not far from Big Bend National Park. The plane is set to return to Austin later this afternoon. 

Besides tumbleweeds and meth, from what I can surmise the most notable thing about the place is that it is home to Lajitas Golf Resort & Spa, which is owned by Kelcy Warren, renowned Dallas-based billionaire, UT Arlington alumnus and member of the UT System Board of Regents.

Well, I feel pretty good about this having nothing to do with Urban Meyer. Nonetheless, I played golf there while on a very long road trip with my wife and kids this summer. It was about 109 degrees on the course. We had a hell of a time and the course is fucking amazing. I may or may not have almost died of heat stroke towards the end, but there wasn't a doctor within 2 hours of driving, so we'll never know. I puked and rallied though.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

There's a chance that his source is being fed misinformation because all this bullshit was putting Urban and the Ohio State guys he wants in an uncomfortable position. Imagine Day having a meeting and getting a text form the AD that says "pretty sure Urban is stealing three of your most important staff members, oh and beat the hell out of michigan." That's how you put napalm on the ohio state bridge for Meyer, and he doesn't want to do that. If you wait till their season is over then its fair play man. 

I can get behind this logic. Also if you squint just hard enough it lends to the recent 9.95 reporting that the search will go past NSD1 and into January potentially. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

This is possible.  Probably the best of the scenarios remaining.

Go Big Blue!  

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

There was a gentleman’s agreement for OSU to let Urban step down and now Urban is returning the favor by delaying the announcement until OSU is out of the CFP. They don’t want to make it awkward for the current OSU staff and players until this season is over. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Well, I feel pretty good about this having nothing to do with Urban Meyer. Nonetheless, I played golf there while on a very long road trip with my wife and kids this summer. It was about 109 degrees on the course. We had a hell of a time and the course is fucking amazing. I may or may not have almost died of heat stroke towards the end, but there wasn't a doctor within 2 hours of driving, so we'll never know. I puked and rallied though.

Always respect a good puke and rally. Props old man.

13 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

I think this makes a lot of sense considering the one and only leak so far was a no. Bunch of chicken littles and grinches are just running with it.

1 hour ago, 1leggedduck said:

And, The Dallas Morning News has gone with the UM not going to Texas line already. Don't know if that's stout enough to convince the hopeful, or not. 

You have a link or are they just sourcing the same shit everyone else is?  BTW journalism is a shell of its former self. I wouldn't run with stuff like this unless you got at least 2 and probably 3 sources confirming the same thing. 

Edited by PassiveAggressiveCoach

32 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

Fire CDC to hire UM to run UT football and UT athletics through the next round of realignment and television contracts.

Lol.

quick refresher - you are the one who said under no circumstances Tom Herman would be fired this year, right?

16 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

Exactly what I'm saying ... 

10 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

I can get behind this logic. Also if you squint just hard enough it lends to the recent 9.95 reporting that the search will go past NSD1 and into January potentially. 

... and yeah, like I said before, if Urban weren't available at all, who (that we'd want) were we ever gonna get sooner than the end of the regular season? And even then, we probably wouldn't have been able to announce them until several days after that. So if we were to land UM even as late as January, it's still a HUGE win vs landing Coach X, esp if we also have to wait for Coach X.

2 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

You have a link or are they just sourcing the same shit everyone else is? 

It was brief and probably regurge now that I think about it. I was in a dark place at the time. They wanted me to buy a subscription and read as fast as I could.

1 hour ago, 1leggedduck said:

And, The Dallas Morning News has gone with the UM not going to Texas line already. Don't know if that's stout enough to convince the hopeful, or not. 

8 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

You have a link or are they just sourcing the same shit everyone else is?  BTW journalism is a shell of its former self. I wouldn't run with stuff like this unless you got at least 2 and probably 3 sources confirming the same thing. 

5 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Sourcing the same shit as everyone else. High quality journalism if you ask me 

Yep. Sourcing Fuck Chip Brown in a vague blog post and running with the story as fact. It doesn't get any more credible than that, does it? That DMN story is an absolute joke. Journalism is apparently dead.

I love the eternal optimist in some of you guys. I mean I am holding on to a sliver of hope myself, but the conspiracy theorist who think that we are putting our own program's well being at risk to help Ohio State to a playoff run is comical. If Urban wanted to wait until January, I am guessing that would have been discussed early on as well. If we are willing, as some have said, to pay this fucking guy north of $10 million per year, don't you think we would expect him to be loyal to this job and not his former one?

The UT leadership and boosters have scattered shit all over this, like they have every other major decision they have been involved in. Many on here warned us it would happen, but we all refused to listen. As I stated on an earlier thread, we are now Auburn....flying all over the country for secret meetings with secret candidates, while at the same time we let our current coach's future flap in the wind with no concern to him, the team, or the appearance of it all. I want Herman gone yesterday, hell I wanted him gone at the end of last year, but this is a clusterfuck of the highest order and this program is going to suffer immeasurably because a bunch of fucking billionaires decided to flop their dicks on the table at the most inappropriate time. How these assholes have made the money they have made, while making the decisions they make is beyond me.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Urban could put all this to bed by simply addressing it publicly. He has refused and added to the situation with his weird ass body language on the FOX show Saturday. I am not optimistic on it, but all signs point to this situation being handled prior to him being hired at tOSU. 

BMD and CDC are handling this at Urban's request who handled this exact situation on his transition from retirement to HC at tOSU. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

You guys are still in?  Lol 

The respect to ohio state angle has me all the way in man. He's probably also super pissed off that those guys were able to rag on him the whole show on saturday. The minute Ohio State is eliminated or wins a title I bet shit gets real doggy!!! 

jim carrey good evening GIF

Who is considered an "official source" on the matter? And how does info leak on discussions that were air-tight first to the 995ers? Also doesn't add up how health was not a problem (from multiple sources) days ago, but now it's the deciding factor. Shouldn't that have been the very first thing to get an "ok" for before going through demands and negotiations? It just doesn't add up...maybe this program is really that incompetent, I don't know.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, TexasFan21 said:

Urban could put all this to bed by simply addressing it publicly. He has refused and added to the situation with his weird ass body language on the FOX show Saturday. I am not optimistic on it, but all signs point to this situation being handled prior to him being hired at tOSU. 

BMD and CDC are handling this at Urban's request who handled this exact situation on his transition from retirement to HC at tOSU. 

He doesn't really have to.  In fact, he's taking the high road by not saying  a thing.  

• Hook 'Em 3

14 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

You guys are still in?  Lol 

Yep, no disrespect to people here who claim to  have sources. I'm of the opinion nobody knows shit including the 9.95ers. But yet yall take their word as gospel and eat that shit up anytime it's negative. But shit on them if it's something positive. Like I said until Herman is retained or someone else other than UM is named as HC. I'm on the UM train til it derails for good. 

Edited by Happy Gilmore
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, TexasFan21 said:

I thought about this too, but what is he supposed to say? There isn't an opening at Texas. Maybe he could make a blanket statement saying he is happy on set and he isn't going to coach again.

55 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Actually though what's up with all the double posting? I've never seen it be this egregious @immamac

not immamac, but what I'm seeing is that the posts are taking longer so the client side (browser) does not get a response from the server before it times out even though the post was successful.  Then the client gets the response and reloads the page.  People see the button go from "Submit Reply" to "Saving" back to "Submit Reply" and they hit it again so you get double posts.  Waiting about 3-5 more seconds it would just make the single post and the page would update.

TLDR - I think it is a response timeout problem on the browser side.  

• Hook 'Em 1

I have always had mixed emotions about UM becoming the next UT coach.  I have enjoyed this thread and the only excitement that the football season has generated is here.  However, I look at it kind of like a shart.  The events leading up to it are certainly painful, then there is massive relief when it happens, and then you realize what a load of shit you have let yourself in for.  If the Dalai Lama is now involved can't he just reincarnate DKR?  At any rate I won't believe the Tom is going to be the head coach next year until I see him run out of the Longhorn head before the first game next year.  Even then I'll be hoping he gets treated like UGA by BEVO.

• Like 1

The entire Fox crew was joking on Urban like they just found out Urban fucked a fat chick and might really like her enough to stick with her and leave the bro show behind. They know their leader is moving on to bigger and better things.

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic