Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

I always thought it might be a reach for UM to come in and dethrone a former protege, especially when he left the last job not because of money but because of health.

We have a lot of talent in the fold, and if they could ever not be offsides, targeting, illegal proceduring, hold onto balls at the 1 or taking 4 yard sacks with seconds left to move a long field goal longer... we might just be pretty good.  

The only question now is whether or not a change is gonna make a $23 million dollar improvement next year.  $15,000,000 buyout and new $7 million dollar salary... not sure if there are any other cost related to shedding assistants.  That's a pretty damn big number to me.  Especially when my personal excitement level over some of the other non-UM candidates is lukewarm.  I'm starting to think the BMD start to lean towards giving Herman one more season.  

On 12/1/2020 at 10:23 AM, Pimphand said:

After we goat fucked the Saban deal in 2013 I have the utleast confidence in our university will get this right. ever....

Page 144..... The only confidence I have in this deplorable piece of shit of an administration is the goat got raped.

14 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

I love the eternal optimist in some of you guys. I mean I am holding on to a sliver of hope myself, but the conspiracy theorist who think that we are putting our own program's well being at risk to help Ohio State to a playoff run is comical. If Urban wanted to wait until January, I am guessing that would have been discussed early on as well. If we are willing, as some have said, to pay this fucking guy north of $10 million per year, don't you think we would expect him to be loyal to this job and not his former one?

The UT leadership and boosters have scattered shit all over this, like they have every other major decision they have been involved in. Many on here warned us it would happen, but we all refused to listen. As I stated on an earlier thread, we are now Auburn....flying all over the country for secret meetings with secret candidates, while at the same time we let our current coach's future flap in the wind with no concern to him, the team, or the appearance of it all. I want Herman gone yesterday, hell I wanted him gone at the end of last year, but this is a clusterfuck of the highest order and this program is going to suffer immeasurably because a bunch of fucking billionaires decided to flop their dicks on the table at the most inappropriate time. How these assholes have made the money they have made, while making the decisions they make is beyond me.

Nepotism. It's easy to make a billion if you have $100M at age 30.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

All I know is if 12 million a year doesn't get him due to health reasons I hope CDC has called his agent back to see if 15 million a year makes those health reasons go away.  If he says no to that we offer 20 million.  

Not everybody is motivated by money. If they were, we wouldn't be in the mess we are in now. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

This is so dumb. 

There is one clear leading candidate. It would be worth doing everything possible to get him. Texas fans have whined for years that the program never throws its money around to try to get the best possible coaches. 

Then when it does just that now fans are whining that the program looks like shit because it looks like he's saying no. That's absurd. We went for it and it might not work out. Get over it. 

Not whining...just think it is funny that we, as a fanbase, are so hypocritical. We crush every other fanbase when they take a misstep, but turn the blind eye when ours does the same shit. I agree that we had to shoot our shot, but to not understand the damage that has possibly been done to the program for the next several years is naive, at best. Herman should have been fired after the OU game. CDC and the money guys would have had clear runway to negotiate with any swinging dick they wanted to at that point. 

As was said earlier, when a decision is inevitable, it is best made quickly.

29 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

You have a link or are they just sourcing the same shit everyone else is?  BTW journalism is a shell of its former self. I wouldn't run with stuff like this unless you got at least 2 and probably 3 sources confirming the same thing. 

Disagree.  Journalism has always been 80% lazy bullshit and self aggrandizement.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I choose to believe you. I'm on board until we either retain fuckface or hire Matt Campbell. Til then it's still Urban Meyer for me. It's following the tOSU timeline in a way. I haven't ventured to look but has ESPN or Fox ran with this yet? 

No one will. Media no longer think. They just react

I mean at this point who the fuck cares?  He's obviously the best we can do.  He probably is better than Herman.  Why the fuck not even though I think he could be Herman 2.0.  We just cant keep cucked Herman now.
This is where I am as well. Unless there is some unknown gem out there coaching the shit out of some unknown college team that isnt covered in the media (and we can't lure one of the better NFL coaches to CFB) what choice do we have? Most coaches would not last the length of their contract with the type of recruits that can be convinced Ames Iowa is where they should take their talents for the next 3-4 years..

Sure its not gonna make any of us excited, (and possibly crush some clones posters here) but after that gawdawful press leak keeping Herman isnt an option. If we don't go after Campbell one of the other schools shitcanning their coach this year will. Of course that doesnt mean he'll take it, but if he does then what are we going to do..save tons of money by promoting Ash or Yurcich and hope a better candidate comes available in the next few months?

Apparently following Saturdays tapings someone talked to Brady Quinn outside a Jamba juice on Santa Monica Blvd just around the corner from Fox Sports HQ and he seems to think USC may have started talking to and could still be in play for Urban hence the waffling. 

Edited by Boogaloo
  • Haha 2

I mean at this point who the fuck cares?  He's obviously the best we can do.  He probably is better than Herman.  Why the fuck not even though I think he could be Herman 2.0.  We just cant keep cucked Herman now.
This is where I am as well. Unless there is some unknown gem out there coaching the shit out of some unknown college team that isnt covered in the media (and we can't lure one of the better NFL coaches to CFB) what choice do we have? Most coaches would not last the length of their contract with the type of recruits that can be convinced Ames Iowa is where they should take their talents for the next 3-4 years..

Sure its not gonna make any of us excited, (and possibly crush some clones posters here) but after that gawdawful press leak keeping Herman isnt an option. If we don't go after Campbell one of the other schools shitcanning their coach this year will. Of course that doesnt mean he'll take it, but if he does then what are we going to do..save tons of money by promoting Ash or Yurcich and hope a better candidate comes available in the next few months?

1 minute ago, Boogaloo said:

Apparently following Saturdays tapings someone talked to Brady Quinn outside a Jamba juice on Santa Monica Blvd just around the corner from Fox Sports HQ and he seems to think USC may have started talking too and could still be in play for Urban hence the waffling. 

I was all in until now. You are trying to convince me that Brady Quinn was seen in public in that fucking suit he had on Saturday?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3

It we hire a new coach for 2021 and Herman is still employed Saturday night then cdc should be fired. I’d fire Herman today and give the reigns to Ash. But if he wants Herman to finish the season that’s tolerable especially if he gave his word he would do so

• Fuck You 1

9 minutes ago, Wishbone said:

Correct. The “former self” was nothing to write home about either.

Going back to the days before a group of dumb fucks decided that gossip peddling should henceforth be a "profession" replete with its own academic curriculum and University major, and everyone else went along with it.

1 minute ago, alphahorn said:

It we hire a new coach for 2021 and Herman is still employed Saturday night then cdc should be fired. I’d fire Herman today and give the reigns to Ash. But if he wants Herman to finish the season that’s tolerable especially if he gave his word he would do so

CDC sucks. All this shit happening on his watch just shows how he deflects blame and is into the money grab just as much as Herman. I’m over it. Extending the SEZ was a terrible idea when the team is so bad that we jump at the chance of extending a coach who had the first 10 win season in a decade by backdooring his way into a NY6 game as a non conference champion. 1-0 LLC. Fuck that.

• Fuck You 1

6 hours ago, UrbanTheMeyer said:

what if he says yes?

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

The coaches of all rivals, major and minor, should be called.  If we're not interested, we should pretend to be.  Getting their salaries increased reduces the amount of money the schools can spend on competing against us.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Boogaloo said:

Apparently following Saturdays tapings someone talked to Brady Quinn outside a Jamba juice on Santa Monica Blvd just around the corner from Fox Sports HQ and he seems to think USC may have started talking to and could still be in play for Urban hence the waffling. 

Lol. that will just top off this shit show. 

7 minutes ago, Ultimate Failure said:

The coaches of all rivals, major and minor, should be called.  If we're not interested, we should pretend to be.  Getting their salaries increased reduces the amount of money the schools can spend on competing against us.

That’s some serious next level shit.

35 minutes ago, Boogaloo said:

so now we got Jamba Juice guy/girl/transvestite to add to porta potty girl and Highland Park Grandma!

28 minutes ago, MrBig said:

CDC sucks. All this shit happening on his watch just shows how he deflects blame and is into the money grab just as much as Herman. I’m over it. Extending the SEZ was a terrible idea when the team is so bad that we jump at the chance of extending a coach who had the first 10 win season in a decade by backdooring his way into a NY6 game as a non conference champion. 1-0 LLC. Fuck that.

Oh shut up

• Hook 'Em 3

It’s desperate, but that would be my immediate course of action— offer the record breaking salary to anyone you deem worth it regardless of how seemingly unrealistic.  The question is who’s on that list and where’s the cut line (for example, someone like Harbaugh might be realistic or alumni like Kyle Shanahan, but do you offer them that kind of bank if that’s what it takes)?  And of course you reach for the stars knowing there’s an excellent chance it won’t work.  So then what?  Stick with Herman?  Play roulette again and hire the next up-and-comer and hope you hit the rare jackpot?  Swallow your pride and hire the ‘upside with baggage’ types (Briles now, Petrino back in the day as examples)?  Tough place to be when it seems you can’t pay quality candidates enough to accept the challenge of being where the buck stops under the spotlight of great expectations at a place like Texas, especially when the money is still pretty good at places with lower expectations.
Offering Shanahan Urbs level money wouldnt be wise, but if he seriously entertains the offer I don't think putting him in the top 5-6 highest paid CFB coaches would be ridiculous..with some performance incentives that could potentially put him at or near the top spot.

It’s desperate, but that would be my immediate course of action— offer the record breaking salary to anyone you deem worth it regardless of how seemingly unrealistic.  The question is who’s on that list and where’s the cut line (for example, someone like Harbaugh might be realistic or alumni like Kyle Shanahan, but do you offer them that kind of bank if that’s what it takes)?  And of course you reach for the stars knowing there’s an excellent chance it won’t work.  So then what?  Stick with Herman?  Play roulette again and hire the next up-and-comer and hope you hit the rare jackpot?  Swallow your pride and hire the ‘upside with baggage’ types (Briles now, Petrino back in the day as examples)?  Tough place to be when it seems you can’t pay quality candidates enough to accept the challenge of being where the buck stops under the spotlight of great expectations at a place like Texas, especially when the money is still pretty good at places with lower expectations.
Offering Shanahan Urbs level money wouldnt be wise, but if he seriously entertains the offer I don't think putting him in the top 5-6 highest paid CFB coaches would be ridiculous..with some performance incentives that could potentially put him at or near the top spot.

4 minutes ago, TejasPedro said:

That’s some serious next level shit.

EXCEPT that's exactly what happened when we shitshowed our last baseball coach search -- every desirable baseball head coach got a large raise to stay put and tell us, "no," -- meanwhile, Perrin had to beg a no-skins-on-the-wall David Pierce from Tulane to come here. First thing he did was pull in the fences at the Disch because he can't teach anyone to hit. This year will be another wasted year at the Disch, too, assuming they're allowed to finish a season. smh

Just now, ousux said:
6 hours ago, Steelers Roll Left said:

Except for the fact that this would be a paycut for him.

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic