Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

2 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

It’s hard enough to read some of this shit once, little on 3 or 4 times each.

Yeah, WTF is going on here? Are posters just hitting post again even though it's going to work the first time, only just a little slower?

This is all giving me flashbacks to the coaching search for Dana Bible. We had just been dealing with Jack Chevigny's incompetence and we knew we needed to make the next step with Minnesota and Pittsburgh taking the title that year, it was the inaugural year of the Cotton Bowl and watching TCU beat Marquette was infuriating. Watching the newspaper day after day waiting for the bit of insight to let us know who was available and..

You know, I know this website doesn't exist. I know that when I click Start  Upload, the Matrix is telling my brain that I am funny and relevant. After  nine years, you

10 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

How much was “leaked” and how much was made-up bullshit?

Here's what i don't get. Why didnt CDC come out and say "woa woa woa" this is bullshit, we arent looking for another coach and have not contacted anyone "?

they let the rumors get legs and take a life of their own 

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

We didn’t bring him here to get turned down by urban Meyer only to watch him go to a usc or Michigan. I said if he turns us down then gets hired by another school. You wouldn’t care that your new supposed bad ass AD lost a top coach? Then no wonder we will continue to suck.

Of course I’d care. But if CDC does all he can besides holding a gun to Meyer’s head, then you can’t really be pissed at CDC. All you can say is CDC did everything he could to try and get the best coach available. 

Some of you have a real hard time believing that some people just might not want to come here. It sucks but that seems to be the case here. 

Just now, nineliveslost said:

Here's what i don't get. Why didnt CDC come out and say "woa woa woa" this is bullshit, we arent looking for another coach and have not contacted anyone "?

Probably because he’s about to fire Herman in one week or less

• Hook 'Em 1

This is all giving me flashbacks to the coaching search for Dana Bible. We had just been dealing with Jack Chevigny's incompetence and we knew we needed to make the next step with Minnesota and Pittsburgh taking the title that year, it was the inaugural year of the Cotton Bowl and watching TCU beat Marquette was infuriating. Watching the newspaper day after day waiting for the bit of insight to let us know who was available and..
RTJHBlo.jpg

You joke but I can tell we have a lot of young folks here when the Chip misses that they reference are LSU hiring Herman and us going to PAC 12.

Undoubtedly the biggest FCB miss was when he reported it was a certainty we were finishing 2nd in the BCS in 2008. That day we got to get our nuts kicked in by shit eating grin Switzer letting us know that wasn’t going to be the case.
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, BERT said:

Of course I’d care. But if CDC does all he can besides holding a gun to Meyer’s head, then you can’t really be pissed at CDC. All you can say is CDC did everything he could to try and get the best coach available. 

Some of you have a real hard time believing that some people just might not want to come here. It sucks but that seems to be the case here. 

CDC needs to hold a gun to Meyer’s head

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BERT said:

I don’t have a hard time I just think we brought him here to get these deals done and at some point we can’t keep hiring plan b coaches and think we are gonna ever be top 5 again. 

A billionaire doesn’t bring a guy in to try real hard and to get a huge deal done and make the company millions, He brings in certain guys to get the deal done. When cdc came here he said he came to win titles so when I see a guy like urban sitting around I expect our new AD to get the job done. Maybe others are ok for a “aww great try man maybe next time” but after 10 years I want a big dick AD That sells Texas as the best place to be and if we get on top the money that flows in from winning. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Octavian said:

I feel like the only way this timeline gets pulled forward for the conspiracy/tinfoil hat scenario is Michigan beating tOSU but pretty sure tOSU will beat them like they stole something.

That’s going to be a no lube game if it’s played.  Which is why it won’t be played.

and I also think Texas straight guys sucked Urban's dick enough to where Urban now goes" lol, Texas sucked my dick, but I didnt want to date and get serious "

don't know how this played/plays out, but we look like bitches with dick taste in our mouth 

no homo, not that there is anything wrong with that 

But no one wants dick taste in their mouth 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, UrbanTheMeyer said:

If yall're right about the administration trying to protect tOSU's run, that puts the hiring of Meyer in January, which means 1 thing:

WE NEED TO RALLY BEHIND HERMAN TO SALVAGE ANYTHING FROM THIS RECRUITING CLASS

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Now that's funny. We just fucked Michelle in front of him and made him watch. Totally cucked.  He isn't going to be able to recruit regardless now. Who is going to believe a divorce isn't incoming whether it now or in a yr? 

He has to be fired now. Keeping him will do more damage than firing him.  Maybe we get lucky with Campbell, Fickell or whoever. Just the facts now. 

Edited by PassiveAggressiveCoach

Spoiler

Just some fun notes/facts to keep us marching on the road to 500.

• The Kendra Scott plane took off from Lajitas towards Austin earlier and not long into the flight was "diverted" and went right back to Lajitas.
  • Starting in the '80s, the the purported mayor of Lajitas was Clay Henry III, a beer-drinking goat that lived at the actual mayor's trading post and stables (and there were later two successor Clay Henrys).

4 minutes ago, BERT said:

Every single advantage that people cite making Texas a great job can also be viewed as a disadvantage:

Advantage                    Disadvantage
--------------------         --------------------
Austin = fun                 Austin = distracting
Rich BMDs                    Meddling BMDs
History/tradition            Expectations/entitlement
Huge salary                  Expectations
Passionate fanbase           Demanding fanbase
LHN exposure                 LHN demands on coaches' time
Huge in-state talent pool    Huge competition for in-state talent
Media limelight              Media scrutiny

Did I forget anything?

Why is anyone second-guessing CDC and the BMDs at this point?

Assuming we did offer $12 MM per year + all the fringe benefits that go along with being HC here, we put our best foot forward. No one is to blame if UM declines due to his health, family, or whatever is holding him back. Nothing out there compares to that deal and opportunity. 

• Hook 'Em 5

4 minutes ago, Caddox said:

I haven’t heard back from my thread, that lane may be closed to me for good. I hope not bc it’s become like crack to me.

I spoke with two people on the phone. One works for a BMD that isn’t as active as he used to be, but has talked to a few people that are. He said he had no details except that it’s not happening and we are moving on.

The other guy I talked to is a well connected guy and while he’s not at the level of our biggest donors, he gives enough money to co-own a suite with his brother. He’s an Austin guy and hosts an event every year where he helps CDC raise some money. He helped a lot with the new hall of fame in the NEZ. He said he was celebrating on Saturday too. As far as what happened, he was told Meyer started to get really stressed out about the whole process. We talked for a long time so I don’t want to write a novel here, but I don’t think Meyer ever believed we would actually pony up and give him just a stupidly good offer. He ended negotiations satisfied with what had been done, I’d guess that’s where the media started getting positive it would happen. Then a rumor went around on Saturday that things were being finalized this week. That’s when I got so pumped on Saturday and told a lot of curious people it was “done”. 

This guy doesn’t know what happened on Sunday. He’s still waiting to get the full word, but Meyer basically said he’s sorry but he’s out and cited the stress of the process and decision was an indicator he wasn’t ready to come back. It sounds like everyone involved on our side did a great job, so at least it’s not a Saban situation where our typical dumpster fire screws up the deal. He thinks there’s a big detail that he doesn’t know about that ended up hurting us. I’m sure it will come out later that will tie a lot of this together, because something just doesn’t add up.

Damn that sounds like the nail in the coffin.

4 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I don’t have a hard time I just think we brought him here to get these deals done and at some point we can’t keep hiring plan b coaches and think we are gonna ever be top 5 again. 

A billionaire doesn’t bring a guy in to try real hard and to get a huge deal done and make the company millions, He brings in certain guys to get the deal done. When cdc came here he said he came to win titles so when I see a guy like urban sitting around I expect our new AD to get the job done. Maybe others are ok for a “aww great try man maybe next time” but after 10 years I want a big dick AD That sells Texas as the best place to be and if we get on top the money that flows in from winning. 

I get what you’re saying. I just think you could have the best AD in the land and if someone doesn’t want to come, he’s not gonna come. No matter what you offer him. 

that’s just my thinking on it though. A plan B coach can still be a good coach and definitely still win here. 

7 minutes ago, nineliveslost said:

and I also think Texas straight guys sucked Urban's dick enough to where Urban now goes" lol, Texas sucked my dick, but I didnt want to date and get serious "

don't know how this played/plays out, but we look like bitches with dick taste in our mouth 

no homo, not that there is anything wrong with that 

But no one wants dick taste in their mouth 

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, nineliveslost said:

I prefer him to keep quiet on these matters. There’s no magical squashing of rumors with a statement and remaining quiet leaves all available options on the table, without him ever diminishing his integrity.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

I prefer him to keep quiet on these matters. There’s no magical squashing of rumors with a statement and remaining quiet leaves all available options on the table, without him ever diminishing his integrity.

Agreed, CDC doesn't need to say shit until the ink is put to paper and/or the press conference is scheduled.

6 minutes ago, Octavian said:

Damn that sounds like the nail in the coffin.

I’m now on the “it’s not happening train” after hoping this was typical 9.95 garbage from people like chip. I’m really sorry if I got people’s hopes up. The person who gave the contract details was involved in the process, so I couldn’t imagine he would put that out there until he felt comfortable we were past the point of leaks mattering. I woke up Sunday morning with that same feeling you get after a program changing win where the future seems to hold great possibilities. I’m so bummed. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

Now that's funny. We just fucked Michelle in front of him and made him watch. Totally cucked.  He isn't going to be able to recruit regardless now. Who is going to believe a divorce isn't incoming whether it now or in a yr? 

He has to be fired now. Keeping him will do more damage than firing him.  Maybe we get lucky with Campbell, Fickell or whoever. Just the facts now. 

Yep, whether those guys are better than Herm is irrelevant.  Damage is done.  For the record, they'll likely be better but just sayin no guarantees.

2 minutes ago, Caddox said:

I’m now on the “it’s not happening train” after hoping this was typical 9.95 garbage from people like chip. I’m really sorry if I got people’s hopes up. The person who gave the contract details was involved in the process, so I couldn’t imagine he would put that out there until he felt comfortable we were past the point of leaks mattering. I woke up Sunday morning with that same feeling you get after a program changing win where the future seems to hold great possibilities. I’m so bummed. 

Now what?

What candidates does your BMD think are worth pursuing? 

If CDC is truly a capable AD, I dont think they would pursue UM without having a plan B in place.  You don't make a risky move like this without mapping out all of the possible outcomes and having an answer for each circumstance.  Meaning, you don't go swinging for the fences if you don't get a pre-established agreement with the BMD that if UM courtship fails, that the money will still be there for the buyout since you risk leaving a lame duck of a coach.  

I am going to give CDC the benefit of the doubt for now and wait for the season to end first.  But the next 2 weeks will be very telling.

44 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I’ve already stated it but the AD makes the hires not the prez or boosters. If urban says I’m not coming because of health reasons then next season gets scooped up by a usc or Michigan(just tossing names out) then how in the world would anyone be like “yea we have a bad ass AD” ?

Maybe I’m wrong but we hired CDC to get this hire right. We didn’t bring him here to get denied and then go find another plan b coach. If that’s what’s gonna happen then why did we bring him in?

Yeah so... if the AD makes the hires, and the president and boosters are telling him how to do his job instead of letting him do his job... how is that his fault? 

You ever do a job where a bunch of people who didn't know how to do it told you how to do it the whole time, wouldn't listen to you when you told them they were fucking it up, and then blamed you for their failures?

Because that's what you're doing to CDC right now. You're being shitty.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, closetohumping said:

Yep, whether those guys are better than Herm is irrelevant.  Damage is done.  For the record, they'll likely be better but just sayin no guarantees.

Theyre better than Herm but not better enough to buy him out $ better. Unfortunately, due to us all in on UM and falling short and everyone knowing it Herm can no longer stay.  He is neutered. That was the risk. Now we have to buy him out regardless because the alternative is much worse. It will wreck recruiting for years. He has to be cut NOW. 

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic