Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

Here for old time sakes, don’t care enough to prognosticate. Occam’s razor says he’s out, hope (not fully delusional) says it’s a delay tactic. If it happens it happens.  Not banking on it and sure as shit not investing time in it. Hook em horns. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, nunna yo bizness said:

At this point I'm doubtful but I don't feel strongly enough one way or another to argue it.  I will say though that I disagree with the part about including the insiders and them working in conjunction with CDC.  Those guys are nothing but a bunch of scumbags and can't be trusted with anything, and I'm sure CDC thinks that.  He may be feeding them misinformation to get everyone off the track, but I don't at all believe the insiders are trustworthy enough to be in on it.

sometimes a strong leader can surprise you

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

It's pretty simple.  Any coach worth a shit would never agree to a contract like that.

Agreed, but you also don't hand out extensions after 1 decent year to a guy you're pretty fucking sure isn't going anywhere. I know that wasn't CDC but he sure as hell should have tried harder to stop it. Someone had a total lapse of judgment. 

4 hours ago, Caddox said:

As far as what happened, he was told Meyer started to get really stressed out about the whole process. 

So Urban got really  stressed out cause of the negotiation process that basically involved him getting everything he asked for?  If so holy shit we dodged a 15mil bullet.  LMAO... my 10 year daughter handles negotiations over her bedtime better then that!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Knighthawk said:

Fuck it.  I’m going to Ohio tomorrow for work and will be there for three fucking days.  I will have some down time.  What do we need to know?

Tony packos if You are near Toledo. Sokolowski's University Inn if you’re  in Cleveland that’s really, about it.

Edited by TejasPedro
Idiot

7 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

So Urban got really  stressed out cause of the negotiation process that basically involved him getting everything he asked for?  If so holy shit we dodged a 15mil bullet.  LMAO... my 10 year daughter handles negotiations over her bedtime better then that!

yeah, the stressed out and bailed sounds like some type of cover story.   we may not get him but its gonna be he didn't want to coach at Texas or he couldn't make something happen on his end.  there is no reason to talk if its health or family or he's stressed.  Dude knows what comes with the job and the discussions.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, SimonSays said:

No it was the fact that he was never coming here. There's no big detail lol, UT unloaded the clip and Meyer & it failed. Case closed.

I am glad they did. It shows we are still serious about winning.

Time to find the actual next coach and send Tom Herman packing to his next job.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Octavian said:

I do find it interesting that RGL is doubling down again though. If he is right, will we enshrine him in the Surly HOF?

What happens to him if he is wrong?  I mean I get it is fun and all but there is no risk for some dude going under RapGameLarry to post whatever, right, wrong, right then wrong, wrong then right....it doesn't matter because it's some dude going by the name RapGameLarry.   Guy is betting into nothing.  You can't beat the shit out of an anonymous twitter handle.

I’m not hopping off the Urban train.

Mainly because my source has indicated that if the Urban deal doesn’t get done, Tom will be back. He also indicated that CDC’s seat is gonna get hot if this doesn’t happen. I don’t see this saga ending for a few weeks

51 minutes ago, nunna yo bizness said:

At this point I'm doubtful but I don't feel strongly enough one way or another to argue it.  I will say though that I disagree with the part about including the insiders and them working in conjunction with CDC.  Those guys are nothing but a bunch of scumbags and can't be trusted with anything, and I'm sure CDC thinks that.  He may be feeding them misinformation to get everyone off the track, but I don't at all believe the insiders are trustworthy enough to be in on it.

Bobby Burton has been the go to insider for the Urban pursuit but has been relatively quiet since this all broke. Maybe CDC put a gag order on him and threw a "Urban is leaning no" to the rest of them to slow everything down. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, dilloncp98 said:

Mainly because my source has indicated that if the Urban deal doesn’t get done, Tom will be back. He also indicated that CDC’s seat is gonna get hot if this doesn’t happen. I don’t see this saga ending for a few weeks

Living in denial is a hell of a thing

• Fuck You 4

1 minute ago, dilloncp98 said:

Yeah well my source is a squid and he said. 

🐙🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🐙

Dont shoot the messenger. 

• Haha 1

I don't think the Meyer saga is over yet.

We aren't seeing enough smoke from the admin about reaching out to other candidates, nor are we hearing anything about "votes of confidence" in Herman. I think it is a waiting game until next Sunday (unless KU gets canceled)

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic