Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

4 minutes ago, Rokotosh said:

I don't think the Meyer saga is over yet.

We aren't seeing enough smoke from the admin about reaching out to other candidates, nor are we hearing anything about "votes of confidence" in Herman. I think it is a waiting game until next Sunday (unless KU gets canceled)

Same because the laziest names were thrown out as plan B. Sounds like CDC threw out the usual suspects and a nfl recommendation that has Texas ties to keep every body at bay. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Rokotosh said:

We aren't seeing enough smoke from the admin about reaching out to other candidates, nor are we hearing anything about "votes of confidence" in Herman. I think it is a waiting game until next Sunday (unless KU gets canceled)

larry david jewish GIF

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

What happens to him if he is wrong?  I mean I get it is fun and all but there is no risk for some dude going under RapGameLarry to post whatever, right, wrong, right then wrong, wrong then right....it doesn't matter because it's some dude going by the name RapGameLarry.   Guy is betting into nothing.  You can't beat the shit out of an anonymous twitter handle.

We send him a nasty letter on surly letterhead.

16 minutes ago, dilloncp98 said:

I’m not hopping off the Urban train.

Mainly because my source has indicated that if the Urban deal doesn’t get done, Tom will be back. He also indicated that CDC’s seat is gonna get hot if this doesn’t happen. I don’t see this saga ending for a few weeks

15 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Bobby Burton has been the go to insider for the Urban pursuit but has been relatively quiet since this all broke. Maybe CDC put a gag order on him and threw a "Urban is leaning no" to the rest of them to slow everything down. 

13 minutes ago, Rokotosh said:

Here We Go Again GIF

11 minutes ago, immamac said:

Can you mother fuckers use the report button. Make it easier to clean up than having to delete 12 more comments quoting the fucking politics telling them to fuck off to cloak room. 

But also, Fuck off to Cloak Room, keep that shit out of this board.

153b29321ca8deed955245827695.gif

Just kidding @immamac will take under advisement.

To be clear, Urban's health is fine right now, while he's working at Fox. The concern of his wife and kids is that if he returns to coaching then the stress will lead to a recurrence of his prior issues. 

This is second hand information, from a friend of Shelly, but I trust it. 

I don't have any other information. I made a one-time inquiry about this and received that response about 5-6 days ago, while Urban was allegedly still considering the position.

I'm not claiming any insider status or such, just sharing the one nugget of information I have. I'm now ducking... 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Junior Bonner said:

To be clear, Urban's health is fine right now, while he's working at Fox. The concern of his wife and kids is that if he returns to coaching then the stress will lead to a recurrence of his prior issues. 

This is second hand information, from a friend of Shelly, but I trust it. 

I don't have any other information. I made a one-time inquiry about this and received that response about 5-6 days ago, while Urban was allegedly still considering the position.

I'm not claiming any insider status or such, just sharing the one nugget of information I have. I'm now ducking... 

Guys like Urban won’t give up coaching that easily.  I expect him to go all Apollo Creed and take a job again even if it kills him.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Guys like Urban won’t give up coaching that easily.  I expect him to go all Apollo Creed and take a job again even if it kills him.

We always have to be in the middle of the action 'cause we're the warriors. And without some challenge, without some damn war to fight then the warriors might as well be dead, Stallion.

• Hook 'Em 3

11 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Also the appeal of possibly being one of the greatest college football coaches of all time if he could win a chip at 3 different universities. A few coaches have won titles at 2 universities, but I don't think any coaches have ever won at 3 different universities. Not sure if he's chasing a legacy, but if he is then....he'll be back

Edited by perfectchaos007
  • Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, The Dog said:

IIRC he also confirmed it was over waaaaay upthread.

I looked through BB’s posts and didn’t see that. Same with Nahlin. For the record, I doubt this shit happens but I also get a weird “let’s just not talk about it” vibe from the IT mod posts. Instead, let’s discuss all these b-listers and debate how they would do. 🤷🏼

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, TexasEx said:

I looked through BB’s posts and didn’t see that. Same with Nahlin. For the record, I doubt this shit happens but I also get a weird “let’s just not talk about it” vibe from the IT mod posts. Instead, let’s discuss all these b-listers and debate how they would do. 🤷🏼

They haven’t. They said that it’s on life support and honestly a bit surprising they didn’t go into more detail in today’s Scoop..it’s a glimmer of hope IMO

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

They haven’t. They said that it’s on life support and honestly a bit surprising they didn’t go into more detail in today’s Scoop..it’s a glimmer of hope IMO

Nahlin made a point to say that he fully expects there to be further dialogue between Texas and Meyer.

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

I’m fine with a fucking coma until January 12 as long as he wakes up, accepts, and starts kicking ass. 

If Urban takes another job then you'll know 100 percent it was he just didn't want to deal with the horrible culture and BS that you all have described here. He didn't think he could operate in that culture and was waiting for one he felt he could win with. If that happens then you gotta make changes

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 5

21 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Yeah IIRC I think Burton said that their one "unimpeachable source" has not said no.

1 hour ago, immamac said:

Can you mother fuckers use the report button. Make it easier to clean up than having to delete 12 more comments quoting the fucking politics telling them to fuck off to cloak room. 

But also, Fuck off to Cloak Room, keep that shit out of this board.

I’ve never been in the Cloak Room. Won’t go in the Cloak Room. Does anyone moderate the Cloak Room?

I picture a mod having to suit up in hazmat gear. Probably something like this:

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

If Urban takes another job then you'll know 100 percent it was he just didn't want to deal with the horrible culture and BS that you all have described here. He didn't think he could operate in that culture and was waiting for one he felt he could win with. If that happens then you gotta make changes

What job is he going to take though? ND and USC are having great years. He sure as hell isn't going to take the Michigan job if he "values his legacy to OSU".

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Like what? Trying to hire coaches like Urban Meyer? I agree.

With all that 9.95 stuff and so many reporters throwing out craziness about big money donors throwing millions to can coaches for not standing for the school song and all this info about courting a new coach while the current one is still there it's just a shit show. 

You have either or both of 2 problems. 1) the athletic department is leaking info like a sieve or 2) a bunch of parasitic professional reporters making up or exaggerating stories to leech money off the fan base. Those problems need to be fixed or mitigated as much as possible before your reputation as a coach killer program changes. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 5

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic