Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

This is from 2017...but what it says about Tom and how he is a media control freak/Anwar also makes a cameo here. This piece is pretty scathing. Writer hated Tom. 

Some highlights:

But eventually, everyone shows their true colors. Tom Herman is a well noted control freak. His latest decision is evidence of that. And it didn’t even take until a losing streak for us to really see it.

———

You want to tell me Nick Saban can be a jerk to media? Urban Meyer too? Sure. But guess what? Even those guys haven’t tried to tell the media when they can report their message. And those guys have won multiple national championships. 
———

If Tom Herman thinks his quotes have been misconstrued over his first few months in Austin, maybe it’s in regards to what happened at the Texas High School Coaches Clinic a couple weeks back, that’s on him. Pick and choose your words more carefully.

It’s not the media’s job to try and sugarcoat what your saying and give it the most pro-Texas spin possible.

Unfortunately, the only local media member I’ve seen vocally speak out against this silly policy is Anwar Richardson of OrangeBloods. Kudos to him. The rest have gotten in line like the cucks that they apparently are, as they don’t want to ruffle anyone’s feathers in Austin. What a shame.

https://www.heartlandcollegesports.com/2017/08/03/tom-herman-texas-longhorns-social-media-use/

————

anyway that was written before Tom even  coached a game here. People knew what a piece of fuck he was back then.  It’s funny he was trying to control the narrative with Anwar yesterday. I love that Klatt called him out on it. Awesome! 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, ousux said:
1 hour ago, UncleBuck said:

What did I miss

He just replied to CDC's tweet..something along the lines if he doesnt fire Herman he'll likely find himself fired.

Damn. Wish I'd seen that. Did anyone save it?

8 minutes ago, Deej said:

It says that we made a HUGE mistake. 

Idk. We were only a few years removed from making a worse mistake. 

There's probably a universe where Herman sticks and wins a few B12 titles and loses a few playoff games. Just not this one. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Sir Ulrich said:
15 minutes ago, ztejas said:
What does it say that I was waiting to see which of several this could be while it was loading?

My first guess was sideline against Missouri. Could have been one of dozens.

My guess was the grill pic.

4 minutes ago, futureman said:

when he was at UH and he got into that slap fight on the air with that houston sports radio guy.  that was the first red flag I can remember. 

This was a huge red flag for me. Promoting your new job while you’re still technically at your old job. 

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1

That bullshit herman pulled on the sideline against Missouri clowning the QB has come full circle and man it’s embarrassing. This year has been the worst for the “flexing” when guys make routine plays against teams we should be curb stomping. I understand football has changed a lot since the good old days but do you need to show off against Texas tech when it takes OT to beat them? He can’t seem to instill maturity, humility or focus but we can show boat with the fucking best of em. If a kid celebrates a routine tackle I wanna see some ass chewings lol. Act like you belong then average becomes boring and spectacular becomes routine...I’m not inventing the got damn wheel here lol. I’m afraid he will never be more than just a good OC. End of rant. 

• Hook 'Em 1

56 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

That bullshit herman pulled on the sideline against Missouri clowning the QB has come full circle and man it’s embarrassing. This year has been the worst for the “flexing” when guys make routine plays against teams we should be curb stomping. I understand football has changed a lot since the good old days but do you need to show off against Texas tech when it takes OT to beat them? He can’t seem to instill maturity, humility or focus but we can show boat with the fucking best of em. If a kid celebrates a routine tackle I wanna see some ass chewings lol. Act like you belong then average becomes boring and spectacular becomes routine...I’m not inventing the got damn wheel here lol. I’m afraid he will never be more than just a good OC. End of rant. 

It’s sad how obvious a lot of it was in retrospect. Burnt orange glasses and what not.  I hoped he would be a good coach and thought he would be.  

he is just Tommy Freshwater

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Deej said:

Have you seen his offense?

Haha fuck! My brother and I were talking about that actually so I definitely fucked that up. I needed a reminder that Urban was in control with some bad asses carrying the load while herman was getting the credit. Those Houston offenses were a foreshadowing that I whiffed on like a lot of people did. My bad 

26 minutes ago, futureman said:

his offenses at Houston were pretty good.  you fuck shit up constantly.  why are you such a moron?

King was a great QB that could improvise, so was Ward before him. Sam has a lot of grit and I love him but he's a different type of player.

What I don't understand is how Mullen at Florida can have Kyle fucking Trask developed and balling out as a top Heisman candidate, while Mensa is fucking Mensa.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Zeus said:

King was a great QB that could improvise, so was Ward before him. Sam has a lot of grit and I love him but he's a different type of player.

What I don't understand is how Mullen at Florida can have Kyle fucking Trask developed and balling out as a top Heisman candidate, while Mensa is fucking Mensa.

The Major must be the difference.

Edited by RollLeft

8 hours ago, futureman said:

his offenses at Houston were pretty good.  you fuck shit up constantly.  why are you such a moron?

2016: navy midshipmen they scored 16 points, San Diego 10 points. That’s with Greg Ward who was by far the best athlete at QB in the conference. Games he should win with ease he struggled, foreshadowing what he does here. Your posts read like a dipshit who doesn’t deserve replies but I’m patient. Maybe they will come out with a cure for whatever the fuck is wrong with you. Waiting for waddle and the brockermeyers but everybody else is stupid lol. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

2016: navy midshipmen they scored 16 points, San Diego 10 points. That’s with Greg Ward who was by far the best athlete at QB in the conference. Games he should win with ease he struggled, foreshadowing what he does here. Your posts read like a dipshit who doesn’t deserve replies but I’m patient. Maybe they will come out with a cure for whatever the fuck is wrong with you. Waiting for waddle and the brockermeyers but everybody else is stupid lol. 

you are the penultimate moron on all of surly

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic