Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

12 hours ago, jinx said:

Who and which hour?  I would like to listen to that

Want to hear replay of the replies to CDC'S Twitter account??   

Scroll to Hour 3 -- The Triple Option Nov 18th.

Around the 7min mark...  Enjoy 😁  

Edited by LTtxfan

Two years is not much to go on. That said, looking back at Houston's S/P+ ratings, Herman was not all that different from Tony Levine or Applewhite on the offensive side (though 2018 showed a significant improvement) and he had Ward as a junior and senior. Herman was better overall due to defense (2016) and special teams. Maybe we should hire that Orlando guy. I wonder how he would have done with another year at Houston.  It's interesting that Applewhite was done in by defense and special teams, but his 2018 was by far the best offense.  

Yr     Total      Off    Def     ST

2014   56      54      44       113

2015   53      41      69       29

2016   39      56      27       29

2017   43      43      57       94

2018   64      20      106     47

17 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Joel Klatt blasts Tom Herman's recruiting at Texas

ByCLINT BUCKLEY 44 minutes ago

Despite a three-game winning streak, there are questions swirling around Tom Herman’s future as head coach of the Texas Longhorns. Earlier this week, Herman addressed rumors that Urban Meyer could be brought in to replace Herman after this year.

While Texas has regrouped following early-season losses to TCU and Oklahoma, the Longhorns (5-2) have taken a significant hit on the recruiting trail. Texas lost two major quarterback commits in recent months, and another significant 2021 pledge to rival Oklahoma.

FOX analyst Joel Klatt did not hold back in his criticism of Herman and Texas’ recruiting.

“It's a problem,” Klatt said this week on The Herd with Colin Cowherd. “It certainly wasn't the case when Mack (Brown) was winning a lot of games. They've gotten a lot of good recruiting classes but they've lost that luster in the state. It's not just Oklahoma and Texas A&M. LSU and Alabama have been getting in there. Ohio State….Tom Herman came out and said it's hurting us in recruiting that there are rumors about Urban Meyer in Texas. You don’t address that. Tom you don't address that. Go out there and win games, keep your job and you'll be fine. I don't quite understand, Texas A&M has really hit the recruiting trail hard and Lincoln Riley is an excellent recruiter.”

(Below is the complete article)

https://247sports.com/Article/Texas-Longhorns-Tom-Herman-criticized-recruiting-Joel-Klatt-Quinn-Ewers-Jalen-Milroe-Billy-Bowman-154996568/

Here's video.... Skip to 7:30 mark

• Hook 'Em 2

Tom blaming the internet rumors for recruiting woes is typical. As Joel Klatt has mentioned, Lincoln Riley is the subject of many internet rumors—all have him taking an NFL job the past two years— and he’s doing fine with recruits. I don’t believe that if somehow he wasn’t recruiting well he would blame MSM rumors. Kids want to play for him even if they are not super into being in Norman. All recruits know Riley may not be there in a year or two. But OU has had stability since Stoops and no doubt they will have a stable replacement for Riley when and if he does leave. 
Facts are facts. Recruits can see we aren’t developing players correctly and we aren’t winning enough. Those are on Tom. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Deej said:

Everyone should have known we made the wrong hire once they saw this...

Fucking clown.

tenor (29) (11).gif

Seeing this for the first time back when, made me think he was just a pussy, not necessarily a bad coach. The reason being I own a business where the use of three different weight sledge hammers is common. They are at 12, 10 (and 8 for the ladies). Sadly, that is a 8 our leader is trying to throw around. And it kicked his ass. Based on this performance alone, I hypothesized that our man had never done an honest days work in his life.

Edited by Scooter Monzingo
Weights How do they work?

27 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Lincoln Riley is the subject of many internet rumors—all have him taking an NFL job the past two years— and he’s doing fine with recruits.

Any time a rumor about Lincoln Riley leaving OU for the NFL surfaces, he steals another recruit from Texas. 

Tom Herman's biggest issue here is probably why Urban Meyer wouldn't come anywhere near Austin if he didn't already have a job at Ohio State.

The media...Meyer couldn't control the media here. 

Ohio State controls the media in Columbus. You don't have shitty insiders writing any story just for clicks. 

Edited by TheGhost
  • Fuck You 2

14 minutes ago, Scooter Monzingo said:

Seeing this for the first time back when, made me think he was just a pussy, not necessarily a bad coach. The reason being I own a business where the use of three different weight sledge hammers is common. They are at 12, 10 (and 8 for the ladies). Sadly, that is a 8 our leader is trying to throw around. And it kicked his ass. Based on this performance alone, I hypothesized that our man had never done an honest days work in his life.

First thing I thought, when he walked in, was "hammer looks a little light". Gotta admit, I had no idea what it weighed, and the result of that first swing recalled a GF who insisted on going bowling with me, could barely hang on to an 8-pounder, then leaned way down on her very first approach and bounced that motherfucker off the floor on the downswing, broke two fingers and sprained the fuck out of her thumb. At least #MensaTom didn't wang himself in the teeth...

• Haha 2

Lincoln Riley is the subject of many internet rumors—all have him taking an NFL job the past two years— and he’s doing fine with recruits.

Riley recruits well despite rumors he's leaving for the same reason that Herman can't recruit during rumors he's being replaced: until something actually happens, recruits ignore the rumors and assume the person they're talking to will continue to be the coach.

13 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

First thing I thought, when he walked in, was "hammer looks a little light". Gotta admit, I had no idea what it weighed, and the result of that first swing recalled a GF who insisted on going bowling with me, could barely hang on to an 8-pounder, then leaned way down on her very first approach and bounced that motherfucker off the floor on the downswing, broke two fingers and sprained the fuck out of her thumb. At least #MensaTom didn't wang himself in the teeth...

Yeah, a wang in the teeth doesn't sound like too much fun. 

nttawwt

8 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Ignore the rumors of me going to the NFL sounds so much more attractive than ignore the rumors about me losing my job.

It's all the same when you're asking a recruit to commit to being coached by "you."

It's all about who the "you" is. 

Edited by UncleBuck

1 hour ago, TheGhost said:

Tom Herman's biggest issue here is probably why Urban Meyer wouldn't come anywhere near Austin if he didn't already have a job at Ohio State.

The media...Meyer couldn't control the media here. 

Ohio State controls the media in Columbus. You don't have shitty insiders writing any story just for clicks. 

This is a comically bad take. Media is almost non-existent in this city. The statesman? No one reads that paper. The Zone? They have absolutely zero stroke. The Horn? They're beholden to pump sunshine as the official station of UT. I'd argue that we have one of the least consequential and impactful media presences of a top 20 MSA in the nation. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

This is a comically bad take. Media is almost non-existent in this city. The statesman? No one reads that paper. The Zone? They have absolutely zero stroke. The Horn? They're beholden to pump sunshine as the official station of UT. I'd argue that we have one of the least consequential and impactful media presences of a top 20 MSA in the nation. 

Uh yeah anyone holding up the Austin sports media as anything beyond charmin soft does not live in reality. That’s q anon level delusion.
  • Haha 1

I think it was mentioned on here already but herman had plenty of time to hit that anwar softball out of the park right? Instead he said that an urban to Texas rumor really hurts recruiting, is he using Randolph duke to write his responses? I’m continually amazed at how bad herman is at preparation. I almost wish CDC was petty and sent herman a screen shot of meyer’s recruitng classes at Florida and ohio state with a short message that said “ok cool hook em”. 

23 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Uh yeah anyone holding up the Austin sports media as anything beyond charmin soft does not live in reality. That’s q anon level delusion.

The Austin media let Tom Herman put up a rope so reporters don’t stand behind him during post-practice interviews. They’d be pussywhipped by Urban if he came to Texas.

1 hour ago, irishtexan said:

Getting the two mixed up.

Not talking about Austin media. Talking about the media that covers the University of Texas 

Ohio State is almost on an aggy level. 

Sometimes it is a good thing to have a brain dead fanbase just as long as it can be controlled 

Meyer is an absolute control freak. 

Edited by TheGhost
  • Fuck You 2

10 minutes ago, TheGhost said:

Getting the two mixed up.

Not talking about Austin media. Talking about the media that covers the University of Texas 

Ohio State is almost on an aggy level. 

Sometimes it is a good thing to have a brain dead fanbase just as long as it can be controlled 

Meyer is an absolute control freak. 

There were not two things to get mixed up. You said "the media". That's one thing. I inferred that to mean local media, since you made the distinction that Austin was somehow unique as compared to Columbus.

What "media that covers the University of Texas" are you talking about, specifically, that is not local, that covers UT, but does not cover other national programs like Ohio State? 

Edited by irishtexan

12 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

There were not two things to get mixed up. You said "the media". That's one thing. I inferred that to mean local media, since you made the distinction that Austin was somehow unique as compared to Columbus.

What "media that covers the University of Texas" are you talking about, specifically, that is not local, that covers UT, but does not cover other national programs like Ohio State? 

Meyer has turned everything into a weapon including his own name.

Ohio State is almost a cult like fanbase because the messages on their recruiting sites don't differ.

When you talk about media in relation to college football you are mainly speaking about the people who cover the university and majority of those are internet base.

IT, TFB, Horns247 and OrangeBloods will all be considered the media 

• Fuck You 2

18 minutes ago, TheGhost said:

Meyer has turned everything into a weapon including his own name.

Ohio State is almost a cult like fanbase because the messages on their recruiting sites don't differ.

When you talk about media in relation to college football you are mainly speaking about the people who cover the university and majority of those are internet base.

Maybe the OSU “media” didn’t attack Meyer because he was competing for and winning national titles and not sucking shit through a straw like turtle Tom.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

Maybe the OSU “media” didn’t attack Meyer because he was competing for and winning national titles and not sucking shit through a straw like turtle Tom.

So they are actually already doing the work for Meyer. 

But for Ohio State. 

This really isn't about should or shouldn't Herman be removed 

Kind of like we are screwing ourselves right now. Regardless of the coach if you don't have the players you won't win. 

Why would Meyer want to be at a school who has media that would do the bidding for people outside of the program 

Edited by TheGhost
  • Fuck You 6

46 minutes ago, TheGhost said:

And it's a pretty sad state of affairs when  those asswipes are called "media." But then, it's a Bachelorette, TMZ, Kardashian, muck-raking kind of world out there. One gets what one deserves, I guess.  

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, TheGhost said:

So they are actually already doing the work for Meyer. 

But for Ohio State. 

This really isn't about should or shouldn't Herman be removed 

Kind of like we are screwing ourselves right now. Regardless of the coach if you don't have the players you won't win. 

Why would Meyer want to be at a school who has media that would do the bidding for people outside of the program 

I know this is Surly but we need you to be a little less of a raging moron.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, TheGhost said:

So your position is that Urban Meyer either wouldn't come here, or wouldn't be successful here because he "can't control" those websites? I'm not really understanding the point you're trying to make here. I don't think UM gives a shit about what Mike Roach might write about him on the internet. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Not saying the local sports media is or isn't soft on everything Horns, but would just point out that had FCB pulled any Nick Bonitto type shit in Columbus, Baton Rouge, Knoxville, Tuscaloosa or aggy station, he would not be a talking, breathing biped.  Likewise Kurt Bohls and his Reggie Bush heisman vote; his house would have been firebombed in those outposts.  None of this has anything to do with Urban Meyer, however.  He doesn't give a single fuck about the local sports media.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, irishtexan said:

So your position is that Urban Meyer either wouldn't come here, or wouldn't be successful here because he "can't control" those websites? I'm not really understanding the point you're trying to make here. I don't think UM gives a shit about what Mike Roach might write about him on the internet. 

He isn't coming here in the first place 

But if there was a possibility he wanted to leave Ohio State 

This would be something he looked at.

Watch last year's Fiesta Bowl...

You will see how connected Meyer still is with the Ohio St program 

He is just on FOX to push an Ohio State Narrative.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 7

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

I know this is Surly but we need you to be a little less of a raging moron.

Well...

Lucky for some of us we saw everything play out at USC last year. Was like we were given a warning.

But some people missed what happened at USC and allowed our arrogance to get the best of us.

Meyer used his name as a weapon last year to destroy USC recruiting. 

Comes to a point where no matter the coach you aren't going to win games because you lack the players 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 6

1 hour ago, TexasGary said:

I guess they forgot about this years Oklahoma State game:

13 penalties for 142 yards.

Interesting that you bring up the Okie Lite game.

That Cowboy loss to the HORNS really helped blOU.  So conspiracy theorists might believe that the B12 Office and Bob Bowlsby might tend to favor blOU in the B12 CCG  -- just something to ponder.  

24 minutes ago, TheGhost said:

He isn't coming here in the first place 

But if there was a possibility he wanted to leave Ohio State 

This would be something he looked at.

Watch last year's Fiesta Bowl...

You will see how connected Meyer still is with the Ohio St program 

He is just on FOX to push an Ohio State Narrative.

Isn’t he the assistant AD for Ohio State? Am I feeding the troll here? What the fuck is going on lol 

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic