Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

45 minutes ago, TheGhost said:

He isn't coming here in the first place 

But if there was a possibility he wanted to leave Ohio State 

This would be something he looked at.

Watch last year's Fiesta Bowl...

You will see how connected Meyer still is with the Ohio St program 

He is just on FOX to push an Ohio State Narrative.

Troll elsewhere dude.  Tired of your act.

6 hours ago, TheGhost said:

Tom Herman's biggest issue here is probably why Urban Meyer wouldn't come anywhere near Austin if he didn't already have a job at Ohio State.

The media...Meyer couldn't control the media here. 

Ohio State controls the media in Columbus. You don't have shitty insiders writing any story just for clicks. 

Lol you think that jiggly fuck ketch controls shit? The mother fucker can’t even control his bowels

6 hours ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Riley recruits well despite rumors he's leaving for the same reason that Herman can't recruit during rumors he's being replaced: until something actually happens, recruits ignore the rumors and assume the person they're talking to will continue to be the coach.

Except the rumors for Lincoln are cause he wins

41 minutes ago, TheGhost said:

Well...

Lucky for some of us we saw everything play out at USC last year. Was like we were given a warning.

But some people missed what happened at USC and allowed our arrogance to get the best of us.

Meyer used his name as a weapon last year to destroy USC recruiting. 

Comes to a point where no matter the coach you aren't going to win games because you lack the players 

Oh so you are a whole ass moron huh? Damn

5 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Oh so you are a whole ass moron huh? Damn

Like watching a movie for the second time...

Who is next for this Urban show 

LSU

Florida State 

Florida 

Georgia 

But Herman can control it. Was just hard because of the limited snaps for the Defense. 

But destroying the program to get rid of Herman 

That is beyond stupid.  

Because we will look like Tennessee did a couple of years ago.

No one will take the job 

Edited by TheGhost
  • Fuck You 17

9 minutes ago, Deej said:

But destroying the program to keep Herman. 

As of now Herman is maintaining things. Keeping Texas a Top 25 program but not CFP.

Until Texas finds a coach who can make them a CFP you have to maintain.

This is where arrogance comes into play. But some people remember Charlie Strong. You can destroy us a lot more than what Herman is doing 

Edited by TheGhost
  • Fuck You 16

Just now, TheGhost said:

As of now Herman is maintaining things. Keeping Texas a Top 25 program but not CFP.

This is where arrogance comes into play. But some people remember Charlie Strong. You can destroy us a lot more than what Herman is doing 

Well, he is recruiting so well. I'm sure we will be just fine. 

wait so Urban single handily destroyed SC recruiting? Here I thought it was Helton doing that himself..learn things everyday
Clearly Urban keeps swooping in during objectively disastrous seasons for embattled coaches and singlehandedly tanking their recruiting classes.

Clay Helton and Tom Herman were prepared to pull in monster classes despite shitting their pants on national tv every weekend until mean old Urban Meyer came along and existed in rumors. That bastard.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, TheGhost said:

11.gif.d6557531d1af447666846098f36f1607.gif

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, TheGhost said:

Well...

Lucky for some of us we saw everything play out at USC last year. Was like we were given a warning.

But some people missed what happened at USC and allowed our arrogance to get the best of us.

Meyer used his name as a weapon last year to destroy USC recruiting. 

Comes to a point where no matter the coach you aren't going to win games because you lack the players 

Imagine actually thinking Texas lacks players. We have 31 guys in the NFL despite sucking dick for going on 11 years now. It's not a players issue. It never has been, it never will be. Not to at least play better football than we have been. Maybe to consistently win national titles.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Imagine actually thinking Texas lacks players. We have 31 guys in the NFL despite sucking dick for going on 11 years now. It's not a players issue. It never has been, it never will be. Not to at least play better football than we have been. Maybe to consistently win national titles.

That isn't a lot to compete for a NC

If Texas sucks dick under Herman what you consider Texas under Charlie Strong. 

I think we have doubled the NFL talent on the roster from when Herman first took over.

We didn't have much in terms of elite talent on his original roster. 

• Fuck You 7

59 minutes ago, Deej said:

Well, he is recruiting so well. I'm sure we will be just fine. 

If Chris Ash saves him he will. 

But the problem is long-term. I think Herman does have an Ace card especially with Lincoln Riley. 

Could make Riley look like a liar. Maybe Riley will run to the NFL 

• Fuck You 5

19 minutes ago, TheGhost said:

If Chris Ash saves him he will. 

But the problem is long-term. I think Herman does have an Ace card especially with Lincoln Riley. 

Could make Riley look like a liar. Maybe Riley will run to the NFL 

Go home, Tom. You're drunk.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, TheGhost said:

That isn't a lot to compete for a NC

The roster going into THIS SEASON should have competed for a fucking national title. And it didn't. And that is why Herman is getting canned. Were you living under a rock when we played LSU to a score last season? 

Maybe we can talk about all of the injuries and chronic inability to field our best starting lineups - another failure of the Herman coaching staff.

I really hope you're trolling, because if not you are box-of-rocks for brains shitass stupid and further outing yourself with every post.

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Deej said:

Who in that bar wanted to be stuck in a car with Frasier?

Was that the same episode where they all wake up still drunk with no recollection of what happened the night before and Carla realizes she slept with somebody from the bar?  

1 hour ago, TheGhost said:

LSU

Florida State 

Florida 

Georgia 

But Herman can control it. Was just hard because of the limited snaps for the Defense. 

That is beyond stupid.  

No one will take the job 

This has been covered man. He won’t go back to the SEC because of the culture. So 3 of those you can go fuck your self on. Florida state is a shit pile of work to return to Bobby Bowden days so you can add another bag of dicks to your dinner. The reason there’s interest we “fans that panic and burn shit down” believe is because Texas is ready to win right now. Even next year the big 12 will be down and Texas should go 1-0 every week the whole fucking season. I don’t understand how we could possibly ever look like Tennessee, how many people have to say on national television that the Texas football head coaching gig is one of the premier positions in all sports? It’s the perfect ending to Meyer’s career man. One last blue blood epic fucking ride into the pantheon of bad asses. 

10 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

It’s the perfect ending to Meyer’s career man. One last blue blood epic fucking ride into the pantheon of bad asses. 

Bring on the black hats. Let's do this shit.

7 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

And a gooner in Hell gets a set of "HORNS Down"

Well, in hell for a gooner it would be more like HORNS UP. And by up, I mean straight up their ass.

7 hours ago, irishtexan said:

The Horn? They're beholden to pump sunshine as the official station of UT.

Shit. Try having the local university run one of the major local TV stations. Fuck that shit. It's not a great experience when the sunshine factory is going on about anything related to said "university."

• Hook 'Em 2

Imagine Brain spiders comes to Texas

Gets a few murders covered up for gangsters on the team in exchange for tattoos

Then beats Ohio State in the CFP

Then beats Florida for the ship

Then rides off into the sunset on a kayak paddling through bum feces on Ladybird Lake

Legend

Urban legend

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

The roster going into THIS SEASON should have competed for a fucking national title. And it didn't. And that is why Herman is getting canned. Were you living under a rock when we played LSU to a score last season? 

Maybe we can talk about all of the injuries and chronic inability to field our best starting lineups - another failure of the Herman coaching staff.

I really hope you're trolling, because if not you are box-of-rocks for brains shitass stupid and further outing yourself with every post.

Then you realize that the OC and DC were fired 

No spring ball 

Even fall practice was different 

Not making the CFP with a brand new DC and not time to put his scheme in. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 8

1 hour ago, WinningIsHard said:

This has been covered man. He won’t go back to the SEC because of the culture. So 3 of those you can go fuck your self on. Florida state is a shit pile of work to return to Bobby Bowden days so you can add another bag of dicks to your dinner. The reason there’s interest we “fans that panic and burn shit down” believe is because Texas is ready to win right now. Even next year the big 12 will be down and Texas should go 1-0 every week the whole fucking season. I don’t understand how we could possibly ever look like Tennessee, how many people have to say on national television that the Texas football head coaching gig is one of the premier positions in all sports? It’s the perfect ending to Meyer’s career man. One last blue blood epic fucking ride into the pantheon of bad asses. 

Meyer has all that already at Ohio State 

With his wife not too far from all their friends and family

Meyer isn't coming here.

My choice is Matt Rhule if he learns to stop spitting on himself. But don't think he leaves the NFL.

If the fanbase had a reasonable choice to replace Herman I am all for it. 

But no one does. They bought into the Meyer bait. 

Don't want to have to come back and tell people in 2 years told you so if we do fire Herman and look like shit when everyone turns us down. 

Best move is to wait for a coach because Herman isn't Charlie Strong.

5-7 is far different than 8-10 win seasons 

• Fuck You 14

3 hours ago, cochamps said:

Troll elsewhere dude.  Tired of your act.

he isn’t trolling.  he’s trying to prepare you for the inevitable disappointment.  urban meyer will never be employed by the university of texas.  it’s a bitch of a thing, but you and everyone else need to give up this sad charade of false hope and accept what you know is true.  urban meyer will never, ever, ever be a texas longhorn. 

11 minutes ago, futureman said:

he isn’t trolling.  he’s trying to prepare you for the inevitable disappointment.  urban meyer will never be employed by the university of texas.  it’s a bitch of a thing, but you and everyone else need to give up this sad charade of false hope and accept what you know is true.  urban meyer will never, ever, ever be a texas longhorn. 

Of course he won’t.  He’s a bearcat.

3 hours ago, TheGhost said:

LSU

Florida State 

Florida 

Georgia 

That is beyond stupid.  

No one will take the job 

Animated GIF

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, TheGhost said:

Meyer has all that already at Ohio State 

With his wife not too far from all their friends and family

Meyer isn't coming here.

My choice is Matt Rhule if he learns to stop spitting on himself. But don't think he leaves the NFL.

Don't want to have to come back and tell people in 2 years told you so if we do fire Herman and look like shit when everyone turns us down. 

Best move is to wait for a coach because Herman isn't Charlie Strong.

5-7 is far different than 8-10 win seasons 

User name, unfortunately, does not check out. 🙄

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thunderlounge said:

Bring on the black hats. Let's do this shit.

I may get negged into oblivion, but at this point I’d acquiesce to a black jersey to get Herman out and Urban in. 
And I’m as traditional as it gets. I mean, hell, “take off the swoosh, remove the Longhorn on collar and make the orange BURNT again” traditional.  

• Hook 'Em 3

Then you realize that the OC and DC were fired 
No spring ball 
Even fall practice was different 
Not making the CFP with a brand new DC and not time to put his scheme in. 
Then you realize Baylor, who had all that plus a brand new coaching staff from top to bottom (and rona issues which limited practice) put together a comeback that almost beat us at home. The weird spring and limited fall camp excuses only work if Texas was the only program affected..
  • Hook 'Em 2

Welp, I'm sold. What is Mack's buddy Gerg Robinson doing these days?

Besides being really old and retired that is. He could at least get our D playing somewhat consistent.

7 hours ago, TheGhost said:

What the hell are you talking about? We are just fans how the hell would we even know what was reasonable or not? We don't know shit. Do we know any of these coaches? Do we have any idea who would be a good fit here and how that interacts with who is interested? Of course not. So why are you so bizarrely focused on holding us accountable for not knowing shit we have no possible way of knowing? I mean you mentioned Matt Rhule, on zero basis of knowledge at all, you just pulled him out of your ass as an example of...what? Something reasonable? How the hell do you know what is reasonable?

Media members, the 9.95 club, are the ones who have been floating this Meyer thing. If they are wrong well it would hardly be the first time. But why are you acting like we, the fans, need to find a reasonable choice and the fact we haven't means something?

I thought Athletic Directors made those decisions not polls on Surly.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Hook 'Em 2

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic