Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

13 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

The issue isn't that Texas football "will be mediocre af" unless we all become scumbags. The problem is "you people" can't contemplate any solution to the problem other than to become scumbags.

At least we won't be mediocre scumbags if we get Urban. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Randolph Duke said:

Nope. Not going to shut up.

Welcome to the  fun that Urban Meyer will bring to UT football. You can't have one without the other. And if you can't take this level of heat from one of the alumni, you are way to delicate of a flower to handle the mountain of shit that will be dumped on the UT Austin campus when "your savior" arrives.

The first few gusts of odious stench from "Hurricane Urban" start wafting through campus and you are already having fits trying to handle it.

Good luck with the recruiting under "St. Urban the Innocent" when even the alumni are telling recruits to stay the Hell away from UT football. And kid who agrees to play for Urban should immediately be ridiculed as being a scumbag. Decent people see what Urban Meyer is about.

Not as easy being a scumbag program as you thought it was going to be, is it?

Urban Meyer grew up poor. He didn't have the privilege of being a scumbag.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Welcome to the  fun that Urban Meyer will bring to UT football. You can't have one without the other. And if you can't take this level of heat from one of the alumni, you are way to delicate of a flower to handle the mountain of shit that will be dumped on the UT Austin campus when "your savior" arrives.

The first few gusts of odious stench from "Hurricane Urban" start wafting through campus and you are already having fits trying to handle it.

Good luck with the recruiting under "St. Urban the Innocent" when even the alumni are telling recruits to stay the Hell away from UT football. And kid who agrees to play for Urban should immediately be ridiculed as being a scumbag. Decent people see what Urban Meyer is about.

Edited by Wade
I suck at internet

"You people" want to have a pure scumbag program but you can't even handle the heckling and mocking from your own alumni. You aren't going to fare well when Baylor fans (rightfully) start relentlessly mocking the program for hiring a bigger piece of human shit than Art Briles as head coach. Or even the worst of the S!E!C! fans start (rightfully) laughing hysterically if even being pure scum can't get the program past TCU or OU.

Imagine thinking that covering up and enabling a rape culture as well as working with Waco PD and others to hide what happened was worse than anything Meyer has done just to prove your point.

THESE kind of shitty comparisons are not our standard.

Randolph Duke is not our standard.

4 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

So laughable at you idiots thinking Urban Meyer would be hired by Texas.

You are a moron if you think that would ever happen and you also have no idea how any of this works.

Oh.. and thanks for fucking up our recruiting with your bullshit posts. Don't think it matters.....?

It does.

hey negative posts are bad for recruiting, stop it

that would be a step up at that point, because in the last 2 years we have had current players on the roster telling recruits to "stay the Hell away from UT football"

9 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

You are a moron if you think that would ever happen and you also have no idea how any of this works.

Oh.. and thanks for fucking up our recruiting with your bullshit posts. Don't think it matters.....?

It does.

Then why did Cooks commit to us this past weekend? Surly certainly hasn't changed their tune since Herman took a shit on the field multiple times.  I am sure it certainly has nothing to do with Texas defense improving while Baylor and LSU shitting the field as well.

I'm willing to bet recruits place more importance on winning championships and going to the NFL than what some random alumni (i.e. you) tell them. We all know your stance--you enjoy the smell of your own farts more than winning. That's all you have to say. But to imply that hiring UM will somehow hurt the football program just makes you look like a complete fucking idiot.

Edited by TXpride
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Steamboat1874 said:

It does.

If a recruit is basing whether he comes here or not on what he reads on Surl, do i really want him anyway?

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

ho-leee shit!

Oh My God Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

• Hook 'Em 1

19 hours ago, futureman said:

that is precisely the situation we are in.  urban isn’t and never was a real candidate. herman will be here and kids don’t want to play for him. 

So you've never answered our question: is Urban Meyer coming here?

Edited by UncleBuck

14 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

If this douche is still here when they let everyone back in the stadium you will see how this works.

I know we'd like to think so, but everything post-DKR indicates he's probably right. Urban Meyer is Not Who We Are as a university and football program, that sort of thing. We don't want to be compared to horrible places like Alabama or Clemson or Ohio State or Oklahoma where they just win all the time at football and nothing else good ever goes on there and everyone knows they're totally guilty of breaking NCAA rules. 

Better we go with someone like Josh Heupel or Luke Fickell. It's time for Texas to make its typical grand gesture and condescend to the G5 flavor of the month and say, "Welp, you're gettin' called up to The Big Leagues, son" and then explain How We Do Things Here, and then win sixty percent of our games for four years as the dust grows on our whopping total of 3 Big 12 football trophies ever so we can repeat this stupid cycle again. 

For all the talk about Mack Brown, two of his four best seasons didn't even result in Big 12 championships, and he very nearly got himself shitcanned in 2003 before any of the "yeah but" peaks happened. We were that close to being oh-fer in hiring coaches since 1976. When you've gotten one hire right in 40+ years and your best hire won two whole conference titles in his fifteen years, it is totally reasonable to then assume that the people in charge of your hiring aren't going to run out and get the best available coach if squishes like Randolph Duke think he's somehow icky.

Mack Brown is the best coach we've hired since Darrell Royal retired. Mack fucking Brown! I'll believe we're serious about Urban Meyer when he's introduced as our next head coach.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 2

2 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

The only recruiting miss we had over Herman's tenure that Urban would have also missed out on due to morals is Jalen Catalon. Outside of him Texas would have been locked down the day he steps foot on campus. 

3 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

Keep fucking that chicken

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

Lmao recruits line up to play for Urban because they know they will be actually competing for championships and not someone like Tom Herman who just fucking talks about it. Actually thinking about it, Tom Herman does has a lot in common with majority of our base. Literally all talk and brags about championships and such but doesn’t actually do it. 

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Yeah, no fucking way that wasn’t a setup question by that cock sucker Anwar and Tom’s answer was in place knowing Anwar was going to ask. 

lol.. this is a good thing.. Tom knows the walls are caving in and is trying to change the narrative..which he can't.  OB is doing what they have to do to keep it's ear inside the bldg

5 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

"You people" want to have a pure scumbag program but you can't even handle the heckling and mocking from your own alumni. You aren't going to fare well when Baylor fans (rightfully) start relentlessly mocking the program for hiring a bigger piece of human shit than Art Briles as head coach. Or even the worst of the S!E!C! fans start (rightfully) laughing hysterically if even being pure scum can't get the program past TCU or OU.

If you want to drive the program into the depths of the sewer and just be a scumbag program, you have to learn to take the heat that comes with that decision.

Toughen up, kids, because if you get what you want, relentless mocking and ridicule from the alumni is just the start of a long, disgusting chapter of Ut athletics and the blame will be on those ho insisted there was no other way UT could ever possibly beat TCU or OU in football expect to be scumbags.

TCU didn't have to become a scumbag program to kick the shit out of UT on a constant basis. They put their minds to the task, hired CDC to play the long game, and as you guys see it, completely broke UT athletics and left the Longhorn program with no option other than to go completely scumbag. How could TCU so outplay UT? If only UT could do something like hire CDC to play the long game and not have to go scumbag. I guess we have to bow to our Horned Frog intellectual overlords.

We get to mock you now for having such small-minded thinking. We get to mock you continuously because your wrong-headed thinking. 

Anyone who embraces Urban Meyer, his ethics, or his lack of leadership deserves everything thrown their way. It's a package deal.Get used to how scumbags get treated. it's what you want, isn't it? Hiring Urban Meyer would be highly divisive and cause immense dissension among the alumni. Get used to the infighting and internal disputes. It's what you want, isn't it? When you take Urban, all the baggage that comes with him.

Get used to being mocked relentlessly. There is a way to do this without the stench of Urban Meyer permeating the UT Austin campus. The rest of us shouldn't be limited by your inability to solve this problem the right way.

Man I can’t believe you said urban Meyer is worse than Art Briles. Of all the crazy fuckery you have said that can’t be what you really believe? You seem like a smart dude albeit still a tad bat shit crazy. A 4 year group of women have therapy bills from that Briles scandal, rape was like a recruiting trait they looked for it was so bad. Urban Meyer on the other hand got a 3 game suspension for just being blind to ONE complete and utter piece of shit. @closetojumping already went over the Florida part in detail, and he appears to have learned from that Florida shit show. I don’t disagree with urban not representing the Texas tradition man I really do but fuck you don’t have to be outlandish to the point of regardation. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, BurdineBandit said:

There's a few fan accounts that I had to unfollow

Why are you following any of them? I had to unfollow Texas Footbal on ig because of their incessant, unabashed sunshine-pumping, flexing and preening, and amnesia following losses. Made me throw up in my mouth everytime I saw a post.

7 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Why are you following any of them? I had to unfollow Texas Footbal on ig because of their incessant, unabashed sunshine-pumping, flexing and preening, and amnesia following losses. Made me throw up in my mouth everytime I saw a post.

Best part about the ig account is when we’re doing well and winning it’s just pic after pic after pic but when we lose or start struggling it basically doesn’t post 

58 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

Man I can’t believe you said urban Meyer is worse than Art Briles. Of all the crazy fuckery you have said that can’t be what you really believe? You seem like a smart dude albeit still a tad bat shit crazy. A 4 year group of women have therapy bills from that Briles scandal, rape was like a recruiting trait they looked for it was so bad. Urban Meyer on the other hand got a 3 game suspension for just being blind to ONE complete and utter piece of shit. @closetojumping already went over the Florida part in detail, and he appears to have learned from that Florida shit show. I don’t disagree with urban not representing the Texas tradition man I really do but fuck you don’t have to be outlandish to the point of regardation. 

When you read his posting history, any form of lunacy is to be expected. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mikey4 said:
1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:
No way texastakeover is not a Herman burner account, right? Just judging by his post on this comment and other stuff
ED53EA87-B3DD-47DE-A1CA-DA9F37034B9F.thumb.png.63f3e1c90a604d1c3878f568872e9b9a.png

Read more  

It's definitely Tom. Probably a PR firm hired by him or his agent.

It's Casey Horny. What else do you think he actually does here?

spacer.png

• Haha 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic