Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

15 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Travelling in China is an eye opener. They are up and running around when the plane starts its decent. 

Yes, I don't really get it, but I won't judge.  Go with the flow.  Getting on the plane was crazy, lots of pushing and shoving.

Shifting gears, lost my wallet, first time in my life.  Bought one of those fancy ones where you can add an Apple tag.  Game changer. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Travelling in China is an eye opener. They are up and running around when the plane starts its decent. 

This right here. I will also add India and Russia. I was on a flight in Russia once and people were headed to toilet to smoke as soon as the wheels were up. Also been on flights where the air conditioning did not work in Russia and for seats that were messed up in some way they just pulled them forward. Dicey traveling in Russia for sure.

• Hook 'Em 1

HEB at Fountainview and San Felipe has expanded their curbside delivery slots.  Except for the after work hour only about a third of them are occupied when i go there.  I suppose if you are buying ground meat and canned goods or frozen stuff you don’t mind someone picking out your items.  I suppose it saves some time vs going in the store, but I can’t handle someone picking out my proteins and produce.  And I really don’t mind the long walk but at peak times it’s hard to find any spaces and there are always several empty curbside pickup spots.  Are some people still afraid of shopping in person or is it a time saving thing?

HEB at Fountainview and San Felipe has expanded their curbside delivery slots.  Except for the after work hour only about a third of them are occupied when i go there.  I suppose if you are buying ground meat and canned goods or frozen stuff you don’t mind someone picking out your items.  I suppose it saves some time vs going in the store, but I can’t handle someone picking out my proteins and produce.  And I really don’t mind the long walk but at peak times it’s hard to find any spaces and there are always several empty curbside pickup spots.  Are some people still afraid of shopping in person or is it a time saving thing?

Olds and handicapped. And people who don’t care about decent produce.

2 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Can You assholes run on the sidewalk and not the road if possible?

No problem, just so long as you personally guarantee to go ahead of me and clear all the blockages on the existing sidewalks, and add new ones to fill any gaps where there isn't a sidewalk yet.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, pantone159 said:

No problem, just so long as you personally guarantee to go ahead of me and clear all the blockages on the existing sidewalks, and add new ones to fill any gaps where there isn't a sidewalk yet.

I'm trying not to run over your ass while "jogging."  Get on the sidewalk.  Especially if there's nobody around you for oh.....2 miles.

2 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Can You assholes run on the sidewalk and not the road if possible?

This.  A couple of weeks ago I damned near hit a guy who was jogging west on Woodway near Chimney Rock.  He was about four feet from the curb in my lane.  The sidewalk at that area is fine and you see joggers on the sidewalk all the time.  He was a black guy in dark non-reflective clothes-not easy to notice when you aren’t looking for people jogging in your lane.  It was about 6:00 am and I was on the way to the airport.  It was at a slight bend in the road and I had about 40 yards to miss him.  Some people have a death wish.  They can’t be that stupid.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, HouTex said:

This.  A couple of weeks ago I damned near hit a guy who was jogging west on Woodway near Chimney Rock.  He was about four feet from the curb in my lane.  The sidewalk at that area is fine and you see joggers on the sidewalk all the time.  He was a black guy in dark non-reflective clothes-not easy to notice when you aren’t looking for people jogging in your lane.  It was about 6:00 am and I was on the way to the airport.  It was at a slight bend in the road and I had about 40 yards to miss him.  Some people have a death wish.  They can’t be that stupid.  

Same with the cyclists going the wrong way.  I'm trying to give these people a wide berth and nary a god damn wave.   I live in the suburbs of OC, the path ways aren't that crowded.  

31 minutes ago, HouTex said:

I saw a woman jogging down the middle lane of a busy 3 lane road in north Dallas last week.  Thankfully I had just made a right turn and was not up to speed yet.  This lady makes your guy look like a Mensa candidate.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

I saw a woman jogging down the middle lane of a busy 3 lane road in north Dallas last week.  Thankfully I had just made a right turn and was not up to speed yet.  This lady makes your guy look like a Mensa candidate.

So Tom Herman runs in the right lane now?  Got it.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Same with the cyclists going the wrong way.  I'm trying to give these people a wide berth and nary a god damn wave.   I live in the suburbs of OC, the path ways aren't that crowded.  

I nearly took out 2 teenagers on Newport Blvd. It was dark, I was at a light, looking left to make a right turn. Just as I was about to go, these 2 boys without lights came whizzing by in front of me. 

15 hours ago, HouTex said:

drove in the rain last night on 50mph unlit country road (=no sidewalk). 

there was a cyclist (commuter, not recreational) wearing dark clothing with zero reflectors or lights of any kind.  unbelievably stupid stuff.

4 hours ago, 52-80 said:

there was a cyclist (commuter, not recreational) wearing dark clothing with zero reflectors or lights of any kind.  unbelievably stupid stuff.

You can be right (legally) and still be dead. Pretty damn stupid to put yourself at risk because you believe it's everyone else's responsibility to yield to you.

Bike shorts squeeze your balls and make you do stupid shit.

5 hours ago, 52-80 said:

Hope you splashed the hell out of them.

I live in Central Houston and work on the West side of town.

I get on/off I-10 at Heights/Yale.  On about 7:45 and off about 5:30-ish.

EVERY DAY some dipshits exit the freeway, stay in that lane and get right back on.

EVERY FUCKING DAY.

What is the point of this? 

Are you "getting ahead" in traffic by that much?

I don't get it...

45 minutes ago, Tylerocks said:

EVERY DAY some dipshits exit the freeway, stay in that lane and get right back on.

EVERY FUCKING DAY.

I don't get it...

They are called lane jumpers, I think.  I’ve always thought it was a shitty move, but I’ve heard some people say that the lanes and ramps are designed that way to encourage the behavior to improve traffic flow.  

EVERY FUCKING DAY.

I don't get it...

Sadly, GPS probably tells them to and they don’t even notice/think about it.

My dad and his a good friend of his were co-driving a charter bus through Minneapolis, a metro my dad knows the highway set up pretty well. His friends GPS told him to drive the bus off the interstate, onto a frontage road for a few exits then right back onto the interstate they were just on. Dad told him to just stay on the interstate because it’s where they needed to be. Friend exited off because of the GPS. Dad told him to throw that thing away as they got back on the interstate.

15 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Sadly, GPS probably tells them to and they don’t even notice/think about it.

My dad and his a good friend of his were co-driving a charter bus through Minneapolis, a metro my dad knows the highway set up pretty well. His friends GPS told him to drive the bus off the interstate, onto a frontage road for a few exits then right back onto the interstate they were just on. Dad told him to just stay on the interstate because it’s where they needed to be. Friend exited off because of the GPS. Dad told him to throw that thing away as they got back on the interstate.

Well, did the GPS help them avoid a standstill on the interstate and improve their arrival time by 10 minutes or what?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, HouTex said:

They are called lane jumpers, I think.  I’ve always thought it was a shitty move, but I’ve heard some people say that the lanes and ramps are designed that way to encourage the behavior to improve traffic flow.  

I can't imagine more cars merging back onto the interstate they just exited  will improve traffic flow..but what do I know?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

You can be right (legally) and still be dead. Pretty damn stupid to put yourself at risk because you believe it's everyone else's responsibility to yield to you.

Bike shorts squeeze your balls and make you do stupid shit.

One of my early college roommates believed that walking was a right and that driving was a privilege. While on campus one day there was a small group of us crossing 21st Street between Moore-Hill and Brackenridge. To our right was Speedway.  As we were crossing the street I hear a motorcycle revving up off to the right coming from the direction of Speedway.  I tell everyone to look out but my then roommate continues to cross 21st Street (his constitutional right according to him) whereupon he gets hit by the motorcycle.  Roommate goes flying and the motorcycle goes sliding.  All get up and brush themselves off.  No problem.  However, later that night the roommate is complaining about his wrist.  Turns out it is broken.  I get a call from UTPD asking for information regarding the incident.  No names were shared at the time of the incident and since everyone seemed fine at the time we all just walked away chalking it up to the pedestrian losing out to a motorized vehicle. FAFO.

Just now, Superhero said:

When the VPs of the company put together an unrealistic G&A budget, and now want me to figure out a "recovery plan" to make up a shortfall of 28%.

4th quarter is when you blame sales for not increasing revenues at a pace 10% higher than last year. It's a tale as old as time.

4 hours ago, Tylerocks said:

EVERY FUCKING DAY.

I don't get it...

For a brief period of time this was illegal and they were handing out tickets left and right where I live (a little north of Dallas).  I received one of them.  It was actually the opposite of this.  I was going to pickup some takeout one exit down and used the on/off ramp to skip the light in between.  People were pissed about it  and they either got rid of the law or quit enforcing it.

59 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

For a brief period of time this was illegal and they were handing out tickets left and right where I live (a little north of Dallas).  I received one of them.  It was actually the opposite of this.  I was going to pickup some takeout one exit down and used the on/off ramp to skip the light in between.  People were pissed about it  and they either got rid of the law or quit enforcing it.

This, I get.  I would do the same.

These folks are exiting the freeway and getting right back on....They're trying to get around freeway traffic by "going around" it on the feeder and getting back on ahead of where they think they would've been....if that makes sense?