Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

Stop in at Baguette House in China town center to grab a bahn mi for lunch with the wife. Chad pulls up in his Mercedes SUV. Brings in his maybe 10 yr old son. Orders three beef bahn mi (not the good combo ones, fucking beef). Confused the gal with requests for no veggies, and extra sauce. Then, for his little Chad-let in a Barca jersey, he orders a plain turkey sandwich on a croissant. Just turkey and cheese on bread. No sauce. Wait, some Mayo on the side. And on those bahn mi, can you give us the veggies on the side now?
Fucking 5 minutes to order 4 sandwiches (my wife and I ordered our two in 30 seconds - “two #1s, one without jalapeños”).
Oh, and Chad actually asks…at BAGUETTE HOUSE…if they bake their own bread. It’s the fucking name of the place, Chad.
But the super duper best part was how his Chad-let, Typhoid Tommy, had a hacking cough. While they are waiting, Typhoid Tommy proceeds to walk all around this small restaurant with a hacking cough, occasionally half-assed covering his mouth with his sleeve. Coughs easily 100 times in this enclosed space while they’re waiting. Dad even comments “boy, you really feel bad, huh buddy?” Gee…do you fucking think so? Think maybe you could have left the fucking disease-spewer in the Mercedes while you wait for your sandwiches?
Odds are half of us in there will come down with whatever little Typhoid Tommy had in the next few days. Fucking inconsiderate entitled prick.

• Rage+1 4

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Stop in at Baguette House in China town center to grab a bahn mi for lunch with the wife. Chad pulls up in his Mercedes SUV. Brings in his maybe 10 yr old son. Orders three beef bahn mi (not the good combo ones, fucking beef). Confused the gal with requests for no veggies, and extra sauce. Then, for his little Chad-let in a Barca jersey, he orders a plain turkey sandwich on a croissant. Just turkey and cheese on bread. No sauce. Wait, some Mayo on the side. And on those bahn mi, can you give us the veggies on the side now?
Fucking 5 minutes to order 4 sandwiches (my wife and I ordered our two in 30 seconds - “two #1s, one without jalapeños”).
Oh, and Chad actually asks…at BAGUETTE HOUSE…if they bake their own bread. It’s the fucking name of the place, Chad.

Similar thing happened at a local build-your-own pizza place. The line was so long they actually locked the doors so no more customers could come in.

But the family ahead of us took for-fucking-ever to order. One $8/hour person was helping them while two others waited there because... they have to work in sequential order. I did a Karen and asked to speak to the manager, who figured out where the problem lay. So we ordered, got our pizza baked, ate a few slices, and the family that was ahead of us was STILL deciding what to get on their pizza.

On 9/3/2023 at 3:17 PM, Brisketexan said:

But the super duper best part was how his Chad-let, Typhoid Tommy, had a hacking cough. While they are waiting, Typhoid Tommy proceeds to walk all around this small restaurant with a hacking cough, occasionally half-assed covering his mouth with his sleeve. Coughs easily 100 times in this enclosed space while they’re waiting. Dad even comments “boy, you really feel bad, huh buddy?” Gee…do you fucking think so? Think maybe you could have left the fucking disease-spewer in the Mercedes while you wait for your sandwiches?
Odds are half of us in there will come down with whatever little Typhoid Tommy had in the next few days. Fucking inconsiderate entitled prick.

You had me at Barca jersey.

On 9/3/2023 at 10:17 PM, Brisketexan said:

Bro its a southeast asian sandwich it aint a german motorway

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

After scheduling an appointment 2+ months n advance to renew my drivers license, I received an email this morning that the appointment was cancelled due to a system outage.  I usually do it online, but I guess they want an updated picture every 10 or 15 years.

I had to go in this year, too, so I made an appointment for like 1130 am. I figured that would make it at least a little quicker. Nope. I show up 15 minutes early. After 45 minutes to an hour of waiting, I was about to go up and say wtf, when a lady beat me to it. She had a noon appt and asked how much longer it was going to be, and explained that she'd made the appointment for her lunch break because it was the only time she could do it & had to get back to work etc. The old guy at the counter said "Everyone is seen in the order they check in". The woman says "But I have an appointment. So people who walk in ahead of me with no appointment get seen before me?" The guy says "Yes Maam". Woman: "So what good did my appointment do me?" Old man just stood there with a blank stare. She finally got called, but only after she'd called her boss to ask for an extra hour off. I finally got called at about 130.

• Rage+1 4

40 minutes ago, wood said:

I had to go in this year, too, so I made an appointment for like 1130 am. I figured that would make it at least a little quicker. Nope. I show up 15 minutes early. After 45 minutes to an hour of waiting, I was about to go up and say wtf, when a lady beat me to it. She had a noon appt and asked how much longer it was going to be, and explained that she'd made the appointment for her lunch break because it was the only time she could do it & had to get back to work etc. The old guy at the counter said "Everyone is seen in the order they check in". The woman says "But I have an appointment. So people who walk in ahead of me with no appointment get seen before me?" The guy says "Yes Maam". Woman: "So what good did my appointment do me?" Old man just stood there with a blank stare. She finally got called, but only after she'd called her boss to ask for an extra hour off. I finally got called at about 130.

It is my understanding that walking in is no longer a thing.  If I can be a shitty human being and inconvenience everyone else, I’m willing to do that to avoid driving with an expired license.

7 hours ago, wood said:

giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=fd4fd6816ab2207

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

After scheduling an appointment 2+ months n advance to renew my drivers license, I received an email this morning that the appointment was cancelled due to a system outage.  I usually do it online, but I guess they want an updated picture every 10 or 15 years.

The upgrade done over the weekend had an additional day and a half bleed-over.  I hope the vendor or department responsible is getting reamed for that one.  Rare you see a system upgrade go so poorly that it makes the news like this.

39 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

Motor exhaust regulations are good, actually.  If your modified exhaust is loud and sounds like shit, not only should you be fined for it, you should be publicly shamed.

But you get a pass if they sound good?  I like where this is going.  Lope gets you more points, fart can mufflers are negative scores.

40 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

Motor exhaust regulations are good, actually.  If your modified exhaust is loud and sounds like shit, not only should you be fined for it, you should be publicly shamed.

Including motorcycles. There is no exception for “loud pipes” in the statutes, ordinances, and regulations. 

Finally had it with my Microsoft Sculpt Ergo keyboard.  Damn thing drains battery randomly.  The keyboard and keypad are separate, so they drain independently.  Worse, they each use a different type of battery.  One doesn't have a battery indicator, and the other has a microscopic red dot buried between and below 2 keys which is only visible if you view it from the right angle.  Worst of all, despite being only a few years old, it has no bluetooth and requires a proprietary dongle (something I had not known at the time).

Replaced it today with a Logitech K860.  Thank god it has bluetooth.  But the typing action is worse than the Microsoft's, and is inflicted with this weird modern where the left Shift key is midget sized and shape of Enter "L" is inverted. 

So we remember thee, Microsoft Natural Ergo Pro, the greatest keyboard of all time.  RIP you magnificent bastard.

b8bcc280f7cd97c9f66d5b53eec309d4.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Superhero said:

My weight stays the same, but my neck gets fatter every year.

I've always had a fat 16" neck, but managed to maintain it for the past 10 years. I would likely choke me to death if I have to button it up.

Time to order some fat neck shirts.

On 9/7/2023 at 1:29 PM, 52-80 said:

Finally had it with my Microsoft Sculpt Ergo keyboard.  Damn thing drains battery randomly.  The keyboard and keypad are separate, so they drain independently.  Worse, they each use a different type of battery.  One doesn't have a battery indicator, and the other has a microscopic red dot buried between and below 2 keys which is only visible if you view it from the right angle.  Worst of all, despite being only a few years old, it has no bluetooth and requires a proprietary dongle (something I had not known at the time).

Replaced it today with a Logitech K860.  Thank god it has bluetooth.  But the typing action is worse than the Microsoft's, and is inflicted with this weird modern where the left Shift key is midget sized and shape of Enter "L" is inverted. 

So we remember thee, Microsoft Natural Ergo Pro, the greatest keyboard of all time.  RIP you magnificent bastard.

My Logitech K350 with M705  has been great for years.

81w-0pZYH4L._AC_SX679_.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

81w-0pZYH4L._AC_SX679_.jpg

13 hours ago, Superhero said:

My weight stays the same, but my neck gets fatter every year.

I've always had a fat 16" neck, but managed to maintain it for the past 10 years. I would likely choke me to death if I have to button it up.

Time to order some fat neck shirts.

PM Frank Beamer

There's a tendency for many podcasts to be narrated by a nasally, shrill dude who sounds like he looks like this

2d3643da-c6b3-4842-9a04-6e233956efe9-large1x1_AP17213596470689.jpg

And then the script is done in a sing-songy Sorkin'esque way where they rapidly cut back and forth between the narrator and the subject:

today we're going to hear a story about a farmer--

-my name is bubba jenkins and im a farmer

whose love of beets got him into beet farming

-ive been farming beets all my life

that is, until he discovered the love of plantains---

-but one day i fell in love with plantains

they all seem to be affiliated with NPR gigantic's podcasting network so maybe that shouldn't have surprised me

• Haha 3

58 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Ordering multiple kinds of breakfast tacos, putting them in one bag and not labeling.

Nothing better than unwrapping foil and playing seek and find as part of a unplanned team building exercise. 

Our office is in a food desert here, so we order Door Dash almost daily.  Certain restaurants we order from (Indian might be the worst about this) don't label anything, and when 2/3rds of your foods look nearly identical, it's a PITA.  6 orders of curry from Tarka, and 5 of them look almost identical, but no one got the same thing... Learn from some of your competition and invest in a black sharpie.

3 hours ago, Superhero said:

Made an appointment to get my car serviced. Get here by 7:45 they said. Angel will be your service manager they said.

What they didn't say was Angel gets to work at 8AM.

I had an allergist do this to me recently. Fucking morons. 8 am appt - "be sure to arrive 15 minutes early". Well, they don't actually open the door until 8 am. 

20 hours ago, elfenix said:

the key action got gummy

Hate when this happens when I've had too much to drink. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

Ordering multiple kinds of breakfast tacos, putting them in one bag and not labeling.

Nothing better than unwrapping foil and playing seek and find as part of a unplanned team building exercise. 

You must be white. You can usually guess what breakfast taco is which by weighing it in your hand.