Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

Could go in wives thread, but really applies to everyone:

When people try and explain their dreams to you. If they could open their eyes and have the dream project onto the wall, then maybe, but otherwise, just keep it to yourself. I’m not going to be able to comprehend the crazy ass world your mind dreamt up last night by your poor attempt at verbalizing it. 

Edited by Biff Tannen
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

Could go in wives thread, but really applies to everyone:

When people try and explain their dreams to you. If they could open their eyes and have the dream project onto the wall, then maybe, but otherwise, just keep it to yourself. I’m not going to be able to comprehend the crazy ass world your mind dreamt up last night by your poor attempt at verbalizing it. 

I had this dream, that we waltzed into Tuscaloosa and wiped our asses with Saban's finest.

Oh wait, that wasn't a dream...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 2

My weight stays the same, but my neck gets fatter every year.
I've always had a fat 16" neck, but managed to maintain it for the past 10 years. I would likely choke me to death if I have to button it up.
Time to order some fat neck shirts.

Other end of the spectrum. My wife’s neck had stayed the same but I noticed the last couple of years her shirt neck holes keep getting larger and larger to the point it’s nearly impossible to keep them on a hangar! She’s turning 59 next month so I’m chalking it up to middle age lady styles.

* Screw it… Rules!! I ain’t scared!!!7e95c9c2417b4d678b2a49da463cf307.jpg
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, GoPokes83 said:

LOL She actually did lose it on a fishing trip like 8 years ago and refuses to get a replacement because apparently it wouldn’t be the same. Probably do a renewal thing next year for our 30th and do an upgrade.

We caught a lot of fish. They were tasty. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, GoPokes83 said:

Other end of the spectrum. My wife’s neck had stayed the same but I noticed the last couple of years her shirt neck holes keep getting larger and larger to the point it’s nearly impossible to keep them on a hangar! She’s turning 59 next month so I’m chalking it up to middle age lady styles.

* Screw it… Rules!! I ain’t scared!!!7e95c9c2417b4d678b2a49da463cf307.jpg

She belongs in the Woman over 40 that still got it thread. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Apparently the Zac Brown band decided to cover Bohemian Rhapsody.  And some cocksucker decided to play it at the bar I’m hanging out at.

It sucks so bad, it makes me ragey.

I was just listening to Jake singing that song on a rerun of Two and a Half Men when I read your post. You just blew my mind.

Jake’s rendition sucks too. 

On 9/15/2023 at 10:34 PM, ImissWallyPryor said:

I was firing up the grill, and decided to shift it a bit. Grabbed the corner of the side shelf, and I felt a sharp pain on the tip of my left index finger.

Two of these mother fuckers were stinging me.

IMG-9590.jpg

We have a bowl on the entry way where I dump my keys and change and stuff. Went to grab my keys a few weeks ago and one of those fuckers was at the bottom of the bowl.

• Rage+1 3

Airport coffee shops make me surly.  They should have a separate line for people who only want a plain black cup of coffee.  Karen who wants her mochalattefrappuccinotriplepumpmacciato should not hold up the rest of humanity that only want to avoid the caffeine headache.  Yes, I had a 6:00 am flight from COS to DFW this morning.  And yes, I almost missed my flight because I wanted the aforementioned cup of coffee, but there was a whole raft of Karens in front of me ordering their grownup milkshakes.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

34 minutes ago, nnm said:

Airport coffee shops make me surly.  They should have a separate line for people who only want a plain black cup of coffee.  Karen who wants her mochalattefrappuccinotriplepumpmacciato should not hold up the rest of humanity that only want to avoid the caffeine headache.  Yes, I had a 6:00 am flight from COS to DFW this morning.  And yes, I almost missed my flight because I wanted the aforementioned cup of coffee, but there was a whole raft of Karens in front of me ordering their grownup milkshakes.

All is this, but a good cappuccino is hard to beat.

The same Karens are also the ones who order cocktails at bars. At the bar, I get beer, or drinks with 2 ingredients max - gin & tonic; martini with an olive. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

45 minutes ago, nnm said:

Pro tip: pre-order Starbucks on the app on the way to the airport and just pick it up from the mobile pick up area when you walk by

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Superhero said:

All is this, but a good cappuccino is hard to beat.

The same Karens are also the ones who order cocktails at bars. At the bar, I get beer, or drinks with 2 ingredients max - gin & tonic; martini with an olive. 

On the bar. Yes if it's like a sports bar or casual type of place. My normal go to is cranberry and vodka. But if I'm at an nicer restaurant I'm ordering an old fashion. or if it's a Mexican place, a mojito

On the bar. Yes if it's like a sports bar or casual type of place. My normal go to is cranberry and vodka. But if I'm at an nicer restaurant I'm ordering an old fashion. or if it's a Mexican place, a mojito

So you’re just assuming Mexicans know how to make a Cuban cocktail? I dunno man, sounds a little racist.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, PvilleStang said:

Sounds like they DID do something right.

A) They transposed all my screens. L -> = R <-

B) Erased all my saved files

C) Left my sign-in timeout setting alone

D) Locked me out of mission critical programs

Guess which of the above is false

5 minutes ago, RPM said:

A) They transposed all my screens. L -> = R <-

B) Erased all my saved files

C) Left my sign-in timeout setting alone

D) Locked me out of mission critical programs

Guess which of the above is false

Did they at least take you out to dinner first?

• Haha 2