Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

You wanna post some random thing on TikTok or Instagram good for you, some are pretty darn entertaining. But completely fuck professional TikTokers, Instagram influencers or questionable looking “models” directly in the goatass with a giant cactus! Those idiots and the people who keep them in business are definitely a wheel damaging pothole on the highway of humanity! And don’t get me started with reaction videos! Asshat, I know how to watch a damn video, I don’t need to see some self important random attention deprived douche teaching me how I should look while doing it!
I like the videos with a split screen showing a person just nodding in agreement and pointing at a different video playing. Why do these exist?
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, GoPokes83 said:

You wanna post some random thing on TikTok or Instagram good for you, some are pretty darn entertaining. But completely fuck professional TikTokers, Instagram influencers or questionable looking “models” directly in the goatass with a giant cactus! Those idiots and the people who keep them in business are definitely a wheel damaging pothole on the highway of humanity! And don’t get me started with reaction videos! Asshat, I know how to watch a damn video, I don’t need to see some self important random attention deprived douche teaching me how I should look while doing it!

This is why society is F-ed.  Some 20-something makes a quick 6 figures off of social media influencing, then gets older and no longer has the looks, and has nothing left to offer society.  

Then again, the world needs realtors or someone to keep University of Phoenix in business.

• Like 1

Coach pitch parents.

Cliff notes. I’m 6’3” trying to pitch to 7 year olds. We lost a game today 4-1. My first inning was brutal, but settled in and tossed plenty of cookies. After first inning heard a parent say something about the pitching. No big deal. I sucked and kids didn’t hear it. After the game we’re lining up at first and I’m surrounded by the kids and the same dad slams stuff in the wagon and says “we lost because of pitching again”. I invited him for a chat away from everyone and let him know that’s unacceptable. Say what you feel, but speaking down too or about a coach around kids is not ok. Also invited him to volunteer his time and become a coach as well.

You should tell dad your ERA of 1.00 this game would get you the Cy Young award. Not your fault his kid can’t hit your splitter.
  • Hook 'Em 3

4 hours ago, 52-80 said:

My work laptop still uses a barrel plug charger.  Fuck this antiquated shit.  USB-C all the things.

Flip side of that coin, we have too many USB-C chargers for too many types of laptops.  So I have ones that are 30W, 45W, 60W, 130W.  And if you use it on the wrong laptop, it halts at the BIOS waiting for you to acknowledge you are using a wrong charger, which is a PAIN when you try to PXE-boot a machine.  

Give me an auto-sensing all-in-one USB-C charger, and you can take all the money!

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

On 7/8/2023 at 1:50 PM, Superhero said:

Parents that don't control their kids in a restaurant.

I watched a 2 YO making an absolute mess of the table, standing on the chair, hiding behind other people's chairs while the mom looked... at her phone. The last straw for the server was when the kid was doing yoga in the middle of an aisle, surrounded a pile of rice, watching a phone (apparently just for him, because mom has her own).

I think it's normal for little kids to make a mess, but the parents should be responsible for cleaning up their mess. My wife and I would always go under the table to pick up anything that may have dropped. Most parents would as well, but there have been plenty of times when the parents just pick up and leave with shit all over the tables and floors.

We do this as well with napkins and forks and stuff. It's not as big a deal now that they're older, but when they used to drop/spill food on the floor, I would always apologize to the server and tip alot more

4 hours ago, PvilleStang said:

Flip side of that coin, we have too many USB-C chargers for too many types of laptops.  So I have ones that are 30W, 45W, 60W, 130W.  And if you use it on the wrong laptop, it halts at the BIOS waiting for you to acknowledge you are using a wrong charger, which is a PAIN when you try to PXE-boot a machine.  

Give me an auto-sensing all-in-one USB-C charger, and you can take all the money!

In theory, they all work during the handshake.  A device with lower requirement will accept the more powerful charger, and the more powerful ones can accept a lower charger but simply at slower rate.

But it's true some are fiddly and don't "read" the non-native chargers correctly.  I can mostly get away with a single multi-port supercharger handling all of my electronics.

On 7/8/2023 at 9:35 PM, Fudbelty said:

Coach pitch parents.

Cliff notes. I’m 6’3” trying to pitch to 7 year olds. We lost a game today 4-1. My first inning was brutal, but settled in and tossed plenty of cookies. After first inning heard a parent say something about the pitching. No big deal. I sucked and kids didn’t hear it. After the game we’re lining up at first and I’m surrounded by the kids and the same dad slams stuff in the wagon and says “we lost because of pitching again”. I invited him for a chat away from everyone and let him know that’s unacceptable. Say what you feel, but speaking down too or about a coach around kids is not ok. Also invited him to volunteer his time and become a coach as well.

God damn this. I had to explain to one parent that the kids were 3 and 4

The worst part of coaching though - One kid was up to bat (on a Tee), another kid not paying attention (without a helmet) was about to walk into the path of his swing. The only thing I could do was jump in between. And I took the full force of an aluminum bat to the nads.

So, if anyone is wondering what it's like for a grown man to cry in front of about 20 pre-K kids while their parents either laugh or cringe, I can tell you.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Drool 2

i have a 65" 4K LED TV that I want to upgrade to OLED.    ive got no more space in the house or family to offload this tv (which it how we cycled products before). 

-its not worth shit on the used market

-its way too large to dispose of

-shopping for new stuff is a nightmare due to consumer electronic lineup   LG has like 100 models, all named 65B7Z3UNPHDMI and 72CX9LCDPRTI.  isn't there someone sensible in the product management department who can simplify their stuff to 3 lineup of OK, Good, and Great?  Hire someone from Apple.  You pick between the "Air" TV or the "Pro" TV and pick your screen size and there you go.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, 52-80 said:

i have a 65" 4K LED TV that I want to upgrade to OLED.    ive got no more space in the house or family to offload this tv (which it how we cycled products before). 

-shopping for new stuff is a nightmare due to consumer electronic lineup   LG has like 100 models, all named 65B7Z3UNPHDMI and 72CX9LCDPRTI.  isn't there someone sensible in the product management department who can simplify their stuff to 3 lineup of OK, Good, and Great?  Hire someone from Apple.  You pick between the "Air" TV or the "Pro" TV and pick your screen size and there you go.

https://www.expertreviews.co.uk/tvs-entertainment/1405344/lg-tv-model-numbers-explained?amp

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

People who smoke weed. Not because they smoke weed but because they stank! Coming out of the cigar bar, after smelling all those beautiful aromas and right into the aftermath of some stanky sumbitch. I haven't smoked in close to 18 years. But I don't remember it being that funky. I just want to take those lil stanky bastards and spray them with Fabuloso and the pressure washer.

And it doesn't matter where you are, there is always some stank-ass crop dusting the place.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

"You've got to see Sound of Freedom!"

No.  I. Fucking. Don't.  It just fucking dawned on you that human trafficking occurs?  I don't need 3 hours of undue stress to get up to speed with a terrible aspect of humanity.

1 hour ago, slorch said:

"You've got to see Sound of Freedom!"

No.  I. Fucking. Don't.  It just fucking dawned on you that human trafficking occurs?  I don't need 3 hours of undue stress to get up to speed with a terrible aspect of humanity.

No one has approached me with this take, but I've seen plenty of it on the internet.  Some guy on the ISU board is going on about how this is so important to show people that child trafficking exists, and he's been met with an avalanche of "do you really think any sentient adult is unaware that child trafficking exists?".

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

No one has approached me with this take, but I've seen plenty of it on the internet.  Some guy on the ISU board is going on about how this is so important to show people that child trafficking exists, and he's been met with an avalanche of "do you really think any sentient adult is unaware that child trafficking exists?".

You could say that about 99.9% of the movies made.

Counterpoint: ipad models are a complete mess.

And LG OLEDs aren't that complicated to figure out. A is the base model, then B, C, and G. Then a number which is basically model year. That's really all you need to know.

On 7/19/2023 at 6:38 PM, elfenix said:

Counterpoint: ipad models are a complete mess.

And LG OLEDs aren't that complicated to figure out. A is the base model, then B, C, and G. Then a number which is basically model year. That's really all you need to know.

Yes, true, tried to buy my father a replacement ipad and stupified at the lineup decision. It wasnt like this. Do they just have excess stock or what?

Now got a LG C series on delivery 🤘

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/8/2023 at 1:50 PM, Superhero said:

Parents that don't control their kids in a restaurant.

I watched a 2 YO making an absolute mess of the table, standing on the chair, hiding behind other people's chairs while the mom looked... at her phone. The last straw for the server was when the kid was doing yoga in the middle of an aisle, surrounded a pile of rice, watching a phone (apparently just for him, because mom has her own).

I think it's normal for little kids to make a mess, but the parents should be responsible for cleaning up their mess. My wife and I would always go under the table to pick up anything that may have dropped. Most parents would as well, but there have been plenty of times when the parents just pick up and leave with shit all over the tables and floors.

I would tidy up, but not gonna bus the table either.  We always tipped more when the kids were little for this very reason. 

That running around shit though...that's unacceptable.  It's a risk to other patrons and staff.  Pure negligence by the parents.

The phrase “welcome to the show kid” by some schlub.  It is off putting for some incel to be posting on a forum in those words, speaking in such a diminutive manner, about a dude 100x the athlete you are about a level of achievement you’ll never come close to reaching.  You’re not “welcoming” him anywhere for a club you’re not invited to.  

If you are scheduling a meeting with someone at a specific time, you should know what time zone that person is in and schedule based on that time zone, not yours.

If you ask if we can meet at 2:00pm, don't send me an invite based on Fuckwad Standard Time which makes the meeting at midnight my time.

• Rage+1 2

If you are scheduling a meeting with someone at a specific time, you should know what time zone that person is in and schedule based on that time zone, not yours.
If you ask if we can meet at 2:00pm, don't send me an invite based on Fuckwad Standard Time which makes the meeting at midnight my time.

Living in the west and working for an east coast company is great
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Classic Rock said:

The business of yelling "Lets Go!!" 40 friggin times when a good play is made has gotten out of hand and we will be lucky to live through it.

In Formula 1, the trademark cheer for Lewis Hamilton is "GET IN THERE, LEWIS"... and it sounds so awkward

1 hour ago, Classic Rock said:

The business of yelling "Lets Go!!" 40 friggin times when a good play is made has gotten out of hand and we will be lucky to live through it.

I occasionally try to remember what sports were like before "let's go" became so omnipresent, and have had a surprising degree of difficulty remembering what the default celebratory/self-hyping/time-killing refrain used to be. 

50 minutes ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

Dazzle Camo: hipbreaking edition 

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

In Formula 1, the trademark cheer for Lewis Hamilton is "GET IN THERE, LEWIS"... and it sounds so awkward

Strange, last race I went to the cheer seemed to be "fuck you Lewis!" every time he came around. From a group of very drunk Aussies seated a few rows down.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Sam Lin said:

Strange, last race I went to the cheer seemed to be "fuck you Lewis!" every time he came around. From a group of very drunk Aussies seated a few rows down.

Which is extra funny because he robotically compliments “wow this is the greatest crowd ive ever seen” everywhere he races

• Rage+1 1

Got dang rabbit hole says the term “Let’s Go” stems from a 1962 surf music hit by a group called The Routers,(#19 on the charts). The clap and let’s go was picked up by cheerleaders of the time and has been a staple ever since.

Purely trivial but douchebag walking through otherwise quiet hotel lobby/ atrium area talking loud AF on their phone call on earbuds/ whatever.

Dude, you aint that fucking important- and if you were, you would be professional enough to find a private space.

Fuck you, public phonecall dude.