Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

23 hours ago, nnm said:

What sucks is when they’re standing there scratching off their tickets at the register, cashing in their winners, and buying more lottery tickets. Goddamn lotto junkies. At least make them leave the counter to scratch off their tickets and get back in line again to cash them in so you can ring up other customers who are waiting. 

• Like 3
  • Rage+1 2

Had a place that changed ownership a while back in our neighborhood: Mexican joint gave you a cash discount, but if you paid with your card, you paid full menu prices, PLUS a credit card transaction fee, and you then get to choose if you want to tip 20, 25, or 28% or some BS like that.

On 6/9/2023 at 2:05 PM, nnm said:

How many hammers and scissors do you need?

Respect on the clean workbench though.

1 more of each than what is hanging there for when the wife/kids run off with the others.

Edited by elfenix
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Pro tip, should you stay there again.  Skip the buffet.  Go to the Starbucks next door.  Not the one in the hotel lobby, but literally across the street to the north.  You can get actual regular Starbucks prices and a decent breakfast sandwich or burrito.  The one in the hotel will run you about the same as the above bill.  I learned this the hard way in April.

There won't be a next time.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Working in the Pilbara or just vacation?

Did not make it up to the Pilbara this time.  Just stayed in Perth for meetings at the corporate HQs of the major mining companies operating in WA.  If you are going to the Pilbara this is the time of year to go. The summers can be brutal up there along with the flies and other creatures that are not so nice.

• Hook 'Em 1

Aggy neighbor.  Dude pretends like he owns the entire neighborhood.  Drives his golf cart through the neighborhood park (only one who doesn't park it at the curb).  Kids use the tennis practice wall for lacrosse (it's made of wood, so it's not going to take that kind of beating, and then the HOA's out the money to replace the damage).  Never stops at the stop sign on our street (with plenty of foot traffic nearby).  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 5

Speaking of neighbors, 2 houses down from us there’s a couple in their 40’s with a 21ish year old son who lives at home.

The son has 3 shit box 80’s-something Chevys that he parks on the street.  These trucks are getting worked on constantly and often sitting there with flat tires.  Every night and all weekend.  Frequently the kid leaves his tools laying under the truck while it’s parked in front of my 75 year old single old lady neighbor.

Technically this doesn’t violate any municipal ordinances so there isn’t anything that can be done with parking tickets and what not.  We live in a well kept neighborhood that looks like a suburb built in the 80’s or 90’s (ranch homes and split levels) and these rednecks stick out big time.

I shouldn’t be too surprised those, as this whole family is fucking weird and lacks social cues.  Their 19 year old daughter is friends with my buddy’s daughter.  My buddy refers to this kid simply as Mute, because if you ask her a question, she won’t respond to you.  She whispers the two word response into his daughter’s ear and she acts as interpreter.

Quit parking your shitbox trucks in front of other people’s homes, damn it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

31 minutes ago, PvilleStang said:

Aggy neighbor.  Dude pretends like he owns the entire neighborhood.  Drives his golf cart through the neighborhood park (only one who doesn't park it at the curb).  Kids use the tennis practice wall for lacrosse (it's made of wood, so it's not going to take that kind of beating, and then the HOA's out the money to replace the damage).  Never stops at the stop sign on our street (with plenty of foot traffic nearby).  

This is exactly how I imagine adult Aggys acting 

• Hook 'Em 1

Sometime between 2014-15 I bought a new iPhone and it came with a free “gift” of the latest U2 album. Apparently whenever I’ve upgraded my phone they transfer that album along with everything else. Every time I hook my phone up to CarPlay this album starts playing and I remind myself to try and figure out how to delete it as soon as I get home, which of course I immediately forget to do until it happens again! FWIW I don’t think U2’s put out anything worth listening to since the mid 80’s!

Haha. I was chatting with Apple support about something else and had them delete this album. I had tried to delete it multiple times but it kept reappearing

2 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Their 19 year old daughter is friends with my buddy’s daughter.  My buddy refers to this kid simply as Mute, because if you ask her a question, she won’t respond to you.  She whispers the two word response into his daughter’s ear and she acts as interpreter.

Well that's fucking weird as shit

3 hours ago, mininghorn88 said:

While on a flight people that use the back of the seat in front of them as a support for getting up and sitting down. Use the armrest on your own seat to raise and lower yourself.

I would like to not be launched out of my seat by the recoil.

NOT trivial.  Holy shit.

7 hours ago, mininghorn88 said:

While on a flight people that use the back of the seat in front of them as a support for getting up and sitting down. Use the armrest on your own seat to raise and lower yourself.

I never recline except after enduring this bullshit. 

16 hours ago, mininghorn88 said:

my friend used my cars center console armrest to push himself out of the car.  motherfucker just pull the door or use your legs like a normal person

On 6/14/2023 at 4:06 AM, beer said:

That is untexan.  Place should burn. 

Found out last Sunday that flour tortillas no longer are no longer included with full sized meals/entrées at Jalepeno Tree. It used to be you got 2 per person, but now if you don't ask, you don't get.

Edited by SHOOTER12

Yesterday at HEB, I got in line behind a woman who had placed her items in four separate piles.  I figured she was a personal shopper and all the lines were pretty full so I thought it would go pretty quickly.   She then proceeded to pay for each pile separately (like I expected) but then she got $50 in cash (max allowed at HEB per transaction) each time.   So instead of walking 10 feet from the register to the ATM and spending a whopping $2.50 for the fee to get $200, she spent her time (and mine) doing individual transactions.   

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Macanudo said:

Yesterday at HEB, I got in line behind a woman who had placed her items in four separate piles.  I figured she was a personal shopper and all the lines were pretty full so I thought it would go pretty quickly.   She then proceeded to pay for each pile separately (like I expected) but then she got $50 in cash (max allowed at HEB per transaction) each time.   So instead of walking 10 feet from the register to the ATM and spending a whopping $2.50 for the fee to get $200, she spent her time (and mine) doing individual transactions.   

I would have put a stop to that shit if I was the cashier. You're not gonna fuck up my drawer just because you're too lazy to go to the bank. 

• Hook 'Em 2

11 hours ago, Scheiss Meister said:

When one of the jars of jelly you just canned doesn't seal like it should.  I had a streak of over 120 jars of jelly, relish, jalapeño slices, and veggies without a failure to seal going, over several years.  Time to start a new streak, I guess.

Do you live in rural Pennsylvania?

What do Amos and Mary think about you losing your streak?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

No, Navasota, Texas.  Too damn close to aggy, but it's home.  I was raised by a mother and grandmother who were avid gardeners and canners.  They taught me how to identify, pick, and jelly wild dewberries, black berries, crabapples, and mustang grapes.  Store bought jelly can't come close to tasting as good as homemade, and I know everything that's in it.

Mama and Grandma would understand my chagrin with an unsealed jar.  Grandma would pick on me about it for years.  Sadly, both passed long ago.  I'd give a nut to put up some jelly or can some green beans with either of them again.

That's awesome that you're continuing what mama and grandma loved to do, and make delicious jelly But I gotta ask a serious question...

Spoiler

When you're getting your salad tossed, do you prefer jelly or syrup?

• Haha 4

Religious nut jobs knocking in my door on a Saturday morning.

But then they have to take it to a new, and creepier level.

I didn’t answer so they left this pamphlet:

5112b34feb116a46251ca1f2989e6838.jpg
4118427849c37f559f6c4b72e2c01524.jpg
How in the fuck do they know we speak Portuguese? I mean, we live in Houston. I would assume it’s like the 10th or 15th most spoken language. Maybe? Not a pamphlet with multiple languages, but just Portuguese.

Fuck of god freaks.

I've probably mentioned this before but whatever. It happened again. You're a piece of shit if you knock on a bathroom stall door after trying to open it. What am I gonna do, open the door and let you sit on my lap while I release my diarrhea?

Next time, I suggest you do just that.
“Come on in, this dump’s too runny and putrid to keep to myself!”
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, HRSchenker said:

I've probably mentioned this before but whatever. It happened again. You're a piece of shit if you knock on a bathroom stall door after trying to open it. What am I gonna do, open the door and let you sit on my lap while I release my diarrhea?

pffft... Like you would turn down $20 bucks. 

• Like 2

I have 10 Oxycodone tablets leftover that I didn’t use after a recent surgery. I figure I’ll save them for either an emergency or for recreational use. I wonder what their street value would be. 

Maybe probation if you’re white, if not probably worth 1-5.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1